ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

Well I too will introduce myself.

Im Sara, Im 35 and am Canadian. I live about a hour outside of Toronto. I will be leaving my two kids and husband behind for this adventure. My DS is 4 and DD is 1. I dont feel too guilty about leaving them behind as we are also going to the world in Feb.

My sister Bonnie lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba and is coming with me on this trip. We love travelling together and when I saw this podcast trip come up we decided we had to do this.

Now she isnt on the boards, but Im trying. She's a geography prof. and very busy but I think it wont be too hard to at least get her to go into chat.

I myself manage a large retail craft store here. I work far to many hours and my staff is all ready hearing me say, you know this time next year.. I'll be in Disneyland.

Cant wait to meet you all!!

Howdy y'all. Kevin and Christine here from Fort Wayne, Indiana. We just got our confirmation that we are signed up to go. Looking forward to this. It'll be my second trip to DL and Christine's first. When I heard the Marty Sklar addition on the way in to work (lumber yard), I knew this was a once in a lifetime experience.

I miss all of you too!! And.....WE'RE GOING AGAIN!!! This trip! We already wanted to go again, but Marty Sklar pushed us over the "want to go back" to "MUST GO NOW!" Can't wait to travel with the two of you...and Pete and Walter...and Corey and Julie...and everyone else on the new trip! :dance3:

(we are crazy...good thing we have almost a year to pay for it!!) :lmao:

It's a good kind of crazy!:goodvibes We are looking forward to next year already!

It's a good kind of crazy!:goodvibes We are looking forward to next year already!

It's definitely a good kind of crazy - an expensive kind of crazy, but a good kind!

I haven't even started seriously going through my pictures yet, and I'm already really looking forward to next year too!

It's definitely a good kind of crazy - an expensive kind of crazy, but a good kind!

I haven't even started seriously going through my pictures yet, and I'm already really looking forward to next year too!

It's expensive - no argument there. But worth every single penny! We're already talking about the items we left behind at WED. It feels good knowing we can go back and look for them or similar items.

I am not surprised that you haven't gone through all your pictures - you took a BILLION of them!:)

It's expensive - no argument there. But worth every single penny! We're already talking about the items we left behind at WED. It feels good knowing we can go back and look for them or similar items.

I am not surprised that you haven't gone through all your pictures - you took a BILLION of them!:)

I completely agree that every penny spent on the ABD trip and the merchandise was worth it! It will be nice to go back to WED with more opportunities to pick up things we left behind - or similar items, like you suggested. :rotfl2:

I probably took around 5,000 pictures on the trip (low for me, probably because of photo restrictions), and I know a bunch will be throwaways. They definitely take a while to go through! Too bad we all have to work for a living and that interferes with the fun!

I'm relistening to the first podcast show about this ABD tour and I'm not sure if I'm more excited about going on the Disney Dream next year or the ABD trip.

I completely agree that every penny spent on the ABD trip and the merchandise was worth it! It will be nice to go back to WED with more opportunities to pick up things we left behind - or similar items, like you suggested. :rotfl2:

I probably took around 5,000 pictures on the trip (low for me, probably because of photo restrictions), and I know a bunch will be throwaways. They definitely take a while to go through! Too bad we all have to work for a living and that interferes with the fun!

WOW!! 5000! I can't wait to see the pictures though.

Sold out - boo hoo! :(

Now I can sit back and live vicariously through Jeff, Stacy, Lisa and Paul who I'd love to travel with again, but will have to be another trip.

Can't wait to see some of those THOUSANDS of photos Lisa!

All those going on this trip - you are going to have an AMAZING trip! But you knew that!

Wow! Sold out already. You all will have some fabulous travel partners in Jeff, Stacy, Lisa, and Paul. I'm a little envious of everyone going on the trip(s) next year...ok, very much envious. You'll have a great time...its an amazing experience.

Hi guys,

I'm Jim, my wife Laura and I will be making our first trip to DL and my first trip to the state.

This will be our 15th anniversary trip and our first time away from our kids (9 & 7).

We look forward to meeting everyone.

Sold out - boo hoo! :(

Now I can sit back and live vicariously through Jeff, Stacy, Lisa and Paul who I'd love to travel with again, but will have to be another trip.

Can't wait to see some of those THOUSANDS of photos Lisa!

All those going on this trip - you are going to have an AMAZING trip! But you knew that!

Wow! Sold out already. You all will have some fabulous travel partners in Jeff, Stacy, Lisa, and Paul. I'm a little envious of everyone going on the trip(s) next year...ok, very much envious. You'll have a great time...its an amazing experience.

WE WILL MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!!! And we will follow you as you travel to London and Paris and/or the podcast cruise (trust me, we'd go if we could!). We will be thinking of you every single step of the way!! And someday when we are able to go on a podcast cruise, we will definitely get together!!

LOVE YOU!!:grouphug:

We are so excited to be going. I was doing the math today and I think it is cheaper to buy the Disney Deluxe annual pass for next year. I feel so cool.

We are so excited to be going. I was doing the math today and I think it is cheaper to buy the Disney Deluxe annual pass for next year. I feel so cool.

I'm dithering over an AP for DL - we will use it for 2 days and maybe a bit in Oct and thought about going to Anaheim a few days before the ABD trip starts. I just not sure whether we would have had our fill of DL with just the ABD or not.

Is that a dachshund in your pic?

Excited!! Julie and I are looking forward to the trip, even though we don't what we're doing with the kids yet. Sounds like there's going to be a very lucky nanny in Cali!!

I'm dithering over an AP for DL - we will use it for 2 days and maybe a bit in Oct and thought about going to Anaheim a few days before the ABD trip starts. I just not sure whether we would have had our fill of DL with just the ABD or not.

Having just been on the ABD Backstage Magic trip, I can say that you really don't have time to see all of Disneyland on the tours. It's more about backstage and behind the scenes opportunities, even though we did see a number of attractions during our ABD time. If you do a few days before or after the ABD trip, that will give you more time to do a relaxed tour of the full parks, rather than feeling like you have to close the parks every night to see everything you don't see with the group...like we did! :rotfl:

Excited!! Julie and I are looking forward to the trip, even though we don't what we're doing with the kids yet. Sounds like there's going to be a very lucky nanny in Cali!!

We're all going to have so much fun on this trip! I'm sure we're all looking forward to touring with you and Julie and Pete and Walter and the rest of the group that's signed up! :cool1:

Having just been on the ABD Backstage Magic trip, I can say that you really don't have time to see all of Disneyland on the tours. It's more about backstage and behind the scenes opportunities, even though we did see a number of attractions during our ABD time. If you do a few days before or after the ABD trip, that will give you more time to do a relaxed tour of the full parks, rather than feeling like you have to close the parks every night to see everything you don't see with the group...like we did! :rotfl:

Ah thanks that helps heaps! That answered my question perfectly! One AP coming up :)

We are so excited to have you and Julie joining us! YAY!

Ah thanks that helps heaps! That answered my question perfectly! One AP coming up :)

So glad I could help! We were really in a panic once we realized we wouldn't have time to see everything we wanted, and we really pushed ourselves til midnight every night to see more attractions after the ABD portion was done for the day. As it turns out, we were able to see a lot on our final day because we flew out just before midnight that night, but we were totally exhausted. :) Once I shifted my focus from trying to see it all to just thoroughly enjoying the things we saw in depth and catching whatever else we could, I was less panicked. Of course, we're getting an unexpected second shot at seeing what we missed in just under a year!

If we'd had the ability to schedule extra days, we wouldn't have felt so rushed, and we will probably try to do that in July. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter