ABD Backstage Magic 2/20 - 2/25/11 *** Close to Selling Out***

I can't believe that in just 2 days, we'll be on our way to the west coast!! :banana::banana::banana:

I've been very unorganized this trip, for some reason, but I'm FINALLY getting on a roll with it. Yesterday, I booked our transportation to the airport, as well as getting us on a shuttle to take us to our hotel when we arrive. I still have to buy our park passes (planning to hit the parks on Saturday, before the Adventure), and book our rental car (to drive from Anaheim to Vegas afterward!), but that should be about it! Of course, I still have to face the monumental task of finding clothes that still fit me!! That will NOT be fun!! :rotfl:

I'm glad to hear about the 'pre' Meet & Greet in the lobby! We'll be there!

I called the hotel to check, the lobby bar opens at 4PM, so we plan on being there as they open.

The bar is to the right of the lobby when you enter the main doors and also was where the Starbucks was in the morning hours.

Cathy and I have decide to go ahead with the Universal Tour we had planned regardless of the forecast (which seems to change ever hour).

See everyone soon.

I can't believe that in just 2 days, we'll be on our way to the west coast!! :banana::banana::banana:

I've been very unorganized this trip, for some reason, but I'm FINALLY getting on a roll with it. Yesterday, I booked our transportation to the airport, as well as getting us on a shuttle to take us to our hotel when we arrive. I still have to buy our park passes (planning to hit the parks on Saturday, before the Adventure), and book our rental car (to drive from Anaheim to Vegas afterward!), but that should be about it! Of course, I still have to face the monumental task of finding clothes that still fit me!! That will NOT be fun!! :rotfl:

I'm glad to hear about the 'pre' Meet & Greet in the lobby! We'll be there!

Amy -- Michael and I will be in the parks on Saturday also. Maybe we could connect. If you are interested send me a message and we can either set a place to meet or we could exchange cell phone numbers. We have WOC reservations for dinner at the Trattriota 5:40 and the WOC show at 8:00.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!

Amy -- Michael and I will be in the parks on Saturday also. Maybe we could connect. If you are interested send me a message and we can either set a place to meet or we could exchange cell phone numbers. We have WOC reservations for dinner at the Trattriota 5:40 and the WOC show at 8:00.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!

Hi Carol! I'll send you a message on Facebook!

We have no idea what to expect of the parks, as we've never been! We have dinner reservations at 7, but other than that, I have no idea where we'll be or when, so cell phones will probably be our best bet! I'll send you our #'s!

Is anyone staying at the parks after the adventure...i.e., staying in anaheim friday night or later? I'm debating extending my time in town by a night rather tha doing the parks all day up until I have to head out for my red eye home. I would be transfering to a different (AKA way cheaper) hotel than the grand, and I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort....

Is anyone staying at the parks after the adventure...i.e., staying in anaheim friday night or later? I'm debating extending my time in town by a night rather tha doing the parks all day up until I have to head out for my red eye home. I would be transfering to a different (AKA way cheaper) hotel than the grand, and I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort....

Cathy and I are staying until Sunday 2/27.

Have not decide what we are doing on Saturday, but plan on taking advantage of our last day on the park hopper Friday.

We also made a reservation at Napa Rose for Friday night, we have never dined there before.

I was listening to the April 2010 podcast about the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour, and Pete mentioned something about receiving a CD with pictures that the guides had taken. He then mentioned a photo pass CD that was for sale. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks

I was listening to the April 2010 podcast about the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour, and Pete mentioned something about receiving a CD with pictures that the guides had taken. He then mentioned a photo pass CD that was for sale. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks

During our Adventure, our guides will take 100's of photos with their cameras.

At our farewell dinner, they will present a farewell montage of some of those 100's of photos.

You will receive a CD with that farewell montage.

The photopass CD is all of the photos taken by the Guides.

I'm staying through Tuesday.

Saturday is likely to be a very busy day in the parks (DLR always busier on the weekends). It would be advantageous to stay at a Disney hotel or one that grants Disney privileges so that you would have access to the early morning extra magic hour for Disneyland on Saturday. One of the reasons I'm staying a little longer is that Monday and Tuesday will be way less busy than the holiday week or weekend. I'm going to visit with friends and enjoy the hotel for the weekend, and then commando through the parks Monday and Tuesday.

I would say that it would be nice not to have to leave on Friday so you could linger and enjoy the feeling of the sure to be amazing trip for a little bit longer. I did the trip last April and was super happy that I decided to stay for a couple of nights after the tour.

I won't make it to chat (working even though it doesn't look like it right this second) but I can't wait to see/meet everyone!!!!

Cathy and I are staying until Sunday 2/27.

Have not decide what we are doing on Saturday, but plan on taking advantage of our last day on the park hopper Friday.

We also made a reservation at Napa Rose for Friday night, we have never dined there before.

John and I are eating there Friday as well, our ressie is at 7PM.

I'm staying through Tuesday.

Saturday is likely to be a very busy day in the parks (DLR always busier on the weekends). It would be advantageous to stay at a Disney hotel or one that grants Disney privileges so that you would have access to the early morning extra magic hour for Disneyland on Saturday. One of the reasons I'm staying a little longer is that Monday and Tuesday will be way less busy than the holiday week or weekend. I'm going to visit with friends and enjoy the hotel for the weekend, and then commando through the parks Monday and Tuesday.

QUOTE]

We're staying at the Californian until Wednesday. We are trying to buy park passes online now but Disney websites suck, so we'll try to purchase tomorrow. We are also believers that Saturday will be super busy so are focused on running through the parks Sunday through Tuesday. We haven't booked dinner reservations yet either...ugh...so unlike us to be so unprepared! I'm a last minute packer but I'm usually not a last minute maker of dinner reservations...

72 hrs to go....

It seems they have started to set up for the Academy Awards ceremony. I found a link to this "live" webcam which shows Hollywood Blvd right in front of the Kodak theater.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/livevideo?id=7931538

It seems quite a few of the famous stars on the sidewalk are covered by the bleachers.

wow...well that kinda sucks. I'm watching the live feed now. They even look like they have a guard preventing people from looking at the uncovered stars...I wanted to take pics of some of them too...wondering if there is a map to who and where they are...googling now :surfweb:

See y'all in chat!

On the April trip, if you wanted the Photopass CD you needed to pay for it. They changed that by the July trip and no provide that CD to you at no charge. You'll receive it about 3 or 4 weeks after the trip.

Pete

I just saw this on a Disneyland fan site. We get to celebrate Mardi Gras Disneyland-style during our ABD trip!

Disneyland's talented Entertainment Department has put the finishing touches on the new 3-week long Mardi Gras party that kicks off this weekend. The costumes and musical production numbers will mostly be a land-based version of the old Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, but the decorating department has already done a great job of adding extra pizzazz to New Orleans Square, arguably one of the best themed lands of any Disney park. The Mardi Gras concept has been ignored too long, and New Orleans Square will be crawling with TDA suits and survey takers this weekend to determine if it's a concept worth expanding further in 2012.

I wonder if we'll have to earn our Mardi Gras beads the "traditional" way. :rolleyes1

Michael

I just saw this on a Disneyland fan site. We get to celebrate Mardi Gras Disneyland-style during our ABD trip!

Disneyland's talented Entertainment Department has put the finishing touches on the new 3-week long Mardi Gras party that kicks off this weekend. The costumes and musical production numbers will mostly be a land-based version of the old Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, but the decorating department has already done a great job of adding extra pizzazz to New Orleans Square, arguably one of the best themed lands of any Disney park. The Mardi Gras concept has been ignored too long, and New Orleans Square will be crawling with TDA suits and survey takers this weekend to determine if it's a concept worth expanding further in 2012.

I wonder if we'll have to earn our Mardi Gras beads the "traditional" way. :rolleyes1

Michael

I did Mardi Gras in 2007 and I had a ton of beads...none of which I earned the "traditional" way...lol...:rotfl:

Mardi Gras has such a bad rep...lol.

But this could be a ton of fun...I want disney beads...think they'll make them special? Like with a nemo on them? :woohoo:

Alex is interested in trying a virgin mint julep at the bar there...

So excited but so much to do!!! Going to try to make chat tonight but not sure as I have to go to Cub Scouts and then go buy my DS a new pair of tennis shoes as of course they break THIS WEEK! Oh yeah, and still have to pack myself and my kids and finish laundry (so have something to pack) and write down all the things my mom needs to know for the kids next week and finish the 40 charts I have left from work and...... :scared1:

We're getting down to the nitty gritty here!

I'll be leaving work in another 2 1/2 hours, for our flight out tonight! :banana:

I've been SOOO unorganized with this trip, so I just wanted to double check - is there anything specific that we have to bring with us? (i.e. was there any specific paperwork, confirmation, ANYTHING that I may be blocking out??) I just knooooooow we're going to wind up leaving something behind!!

See you all real soon!!! :wave2:

Landed in LA at noon Friday, rain started at 3PM.

Forgot all about the NBA All Star Game being in town this weekend, so things are busy all over. Our flight was packed and the airport was very busy.

Looking forward to everyone else arriving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter