• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

Just heard the news today. My thoughts and prayers are with "Bawb" and his family. His style and humor will be missed. I as others was looking forward to meeting him in the parks one day. You will be missed

I just read the news about Bob's passing. I just want to say I'm so sorry. I've never met Bob, but like so many others, I consider him a friend and a kind soul through listening to the podcasts. Bob has enriched my life for the better with his passion of all things Disney and his take on all the related events. I was always amazed at his knowledge of all the different activities, places and exhibits plus his history of the WDW.
What makes the DISPodcast so great and sets it apart from the other Disney related podcasts, in my mind, is the interaction of the cast. Their different personalities and backgrounds of the DISPodcast crew, mixed with their perspectives and passion of Disney, make the topics a real joy to listen to. Bob is/was an integral part of this. Bob was funny with his remarks toward some topics and other Podcast crew members. Bawb was funny even when he wasn't aware he was being funny and took the ribbing in a good nature manner. He was a real gem and I'm glad I stumbled onto the DISPodcast back in March 2007. Thanks Bawb for all you given. I will miss you! You will be in my prayers. God Bless You!

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the Varley family, podcast crew and evryone at Dis Boards, Dreams Unlimited, etc. What can I say that hasn't already been said by people more eloquent than I? I miss your humor and unique perspective, Bob. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
:sick:

I just got back from traveling and heard the sad news. I just listened to the last podcast while I was on the plane. Bawb was like part of the fa,ily. It will not be the same without him. I keep remembering his accent and how he said Dianer......Prayers and thoughts to Brian and Dianr and the whole podcast team!:sad2:

OMG. We came back late last night from Orlando and have not turned a computer for three weeks. Shocked of the news !!!. The podcast listeners have truely lost a great man. Bob gave great insight and laughter. Our family gives out our thoughts and prayers to the family.

I've only just heard the sad news, Bawb you will be greatly missed and thanks for making me smile.

Thoughts for your friends and family.

I have been lurking forever on the dis boards and I am addicted to the podcast. This is my first post but I had to say how shocked and saddened I was this morning to learn of this huge loss to the dis unplugged and Bob's family. He was so great to listen to and I just always could imagine him going about the parks on that cart! God Bless him! He brought so much to us listeners. I hope he knew that.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and to the team for their loss. We will all miss him greatly.:sad1:

I just got back in town today after being gone since April 27th. I logged on to iTunes, looking forward to all of the new Dis Podcasts! When there weren't any, I wondered what was up and logged onto the Dis.

I'm now sitting in shock with tears streaming down my face. What completely tragic news. I'm so so sorry for all of the PodCast crew and Diana and their children.

I absolutely love and loved Bawb. I was one of his defenders who was certain he needed protection from the "mean" statements that were said to him, at least until I learned that he brought most of it on himself, very willingly!

I can't imagine the PodCast without him. This is so hard and so sad. Hang in there everyone. We're supporting you. I'm so sorry.

I just read the news today...
Our thoughts and prayers go out for all family and friends.
Bob will be missed!

Bawb I can't see your thread drop off the page.....So here is a bump for you ---

I miss you! I know you love the longest thread all about you.

I've only re-started listening to other Disney podcasts now that the DISunplugged is back up.
Thought it was nice to hear Ricky Brigante (Inside The Magic) and Lou Mongello (WDWRadio) both mention Bob's passing :)

We were listing to last weeks pod cast and we were saddened by the news of Bob's passing all his family and friends are in our prayers

My thoughts & prayers are with Diane & Brian. They are also with all of you. He will be sadly missed.

Gosh, I have been busy moving and I haven't listened or been on the boards in a few weeks. I am stunned and very, very saddened.

You will be greatly missed Bob!!!!!!

My thoughts & prayers are with Diana & Brian!!!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Although, I did not personally know Bob I felt he was a friend and have enjoyed getting to know him through the podcast. I can only imagine the loss that you all must feel.

I will certainly miss Bawb and his unique sense of humor and personality.:grouphug:

I'm a faithful listener and I was so sad to hear of the passing of Bob. My prayers are with the podcast team and Bob family. His voice and Walt wisdom will be greatly missed.
Yvette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter