A Very Magical Disney Proposal.. My first TR!

WEDNESDAY 9/17 - EPCOT: Drinks Around the World

Our original plan to ‘Drink Around the World’ included drinks at every country. We would share, we decided, because I’m a lightweight and Justin is not a big drinker. He likes to taste mine, but will rarely order for himself. He enjoys wine and beer, sometimes rum and coke, but nothing too fancy. His favorite is Angry Orchard cider. I enjoy fancy drinks, like frozen girly margaritas. I do love wine and beer, too. I don’t really drink liquor that often.

We high tailed it over to Mexico to begin our drinking shenanigans.

I knew I wanted a margarita of some kind, I just wasn’t sure if I wanted to go down into La Cava, or if I wanted a frozen one. Well, the line to meet Fiesta Donald (I have no idea if that’s his real name or not..) was somewhat short, so we decided to grab a margarita and hop in line. The margarita line was somewhat long, but I could see those frozen margaritas and I knew it would be worth it. Justin saw the line and said “Geeze, is there a fastpass for the margarita line!?” hahaha. We had an option of mango, strawberry, and lime. I chose strawberry. I thought about swirling them, but strawberry is my go-to marg flavor so I knew I could do no wrong.

6890DCDA-6D63-4B3E-992D-119B32A11258_zps8ynxqks7.jpg

AC0625A2-71FA-41DB-B2B0-D0CFC05C6DCB_zpssoppszk6.jpg

We hopped in line for Fiesta Donald as we shared our margarita. It was delicious. Everything a $9.95 frozen margarita should be.

10612628_10203787993714603_1261778584192025050_n.jpg

Tip: We purchased a few Disney gift cards at Giant Eagle (our local grocery store) for the trip. They offer fuel perks (.10 off per gallon of gas) for every $50 you spend in the store. For every $50 in gift cards, they offer you 20 cents off per gallon. Score! We grabbed our gift cards when the fuel perks discount was going on. That .20 off each gallon added up and I probably saved about $10 on my gas! We used our gift cards to pay for the drinks so we wouldn’t have to worry about cards or cash.

We enjoyed looking around Mexico. Part of me wishes we would have spent more time discovering the countries. A lot of the stuff we just glanced at and didn’t really get to experience fully, because we wanted to make it the whole way around WS.

10C91CB7-F6A9-46A6-A079-16AF797783E2_zpsbu9sfsip.jpg

3B0D8627-0B55-470C-8BA0-B72D29CAB230_zpssymvu2ud.jpg

Norway was kind of a dud as far as the alcohol offerings, haha! We wandered around a bit and really enjoyed the shop there. I wanted to ride Maelstrom but the wait was 40 MINUTES!! We had not seen waits that long all week! We weren’t hungry enough to get anything from the bakery, and we still had some margarita to drink. I WILL get to that bakery next time though! :rotfl2:

Justin's "I'm unimpressed with Norway's alcoholic beverage offerings" face..
1C751885-C61B-4315-B280-2CC2F571BF58_zpsib1orylm.jpg

China was next, and we knew Joy of Tea would be our stop. I had maybeeeeee gone online and picked my drinks from the menus before even leaving Pennsylvania, so I had an idea of what I would like. Usually when Justin and I are deciding on something, we each say our ‘Top 2’ and then if one of them is the same for both of us that’s the one we get. Or I’ll pick my top few and he’ll choose what he would like to try since he’s pretty picky. Here, I was between the Canteloopy and the Peach Snap. Peach Snap won. This was $7.50.

This was another frozen concoction (it was hot), but it was SO GOOD! I loved this. It was again a sweet drink, but it was still really good.

B66A04C2-F541-41AA-82FF-70D1383A39FC_zpsyon3cwlg.jpg

We explored the China pavilion for a bit.

57595788-2AE6-4A04-995A-5C5DC3A54353_zpsqnqv0oih.jpg

0A572F50-5546-4339-998F-4126F12D0ACF_zpsrxfyj55z.jpg

Justin wasn't as amused with my constant picture taking as I was.. so he gave me his best "Sheldon Cooper" smile. If you ever watch Big Bang you'll get it, haha.

My home country of Germany was calling my name. I could not wait! I am probably about 60% German, both of my parents are at least half, so I couldn’t wait to see what this country would be like.

E4731FFB-9BD8-4BB7-B6D8-48E786BBCFB0_zpsgkpaxbdc.jpg

I have experienced the WS before, but usually it was with my family and we were young kids. I think the last time I was here with my family I was 11, so we did not do much in the way of the WS back then as my siblings were all between 1 and 9. I was also there in high school with National Honor Society, but we did not spend much time in each country either.

5BF53874-C31C-44E1-9E13-796A2B923C26_zpsaqgxvt8h.jpg

64A50206-BC3F-45EE-83A3-CAE426B292D9_zpspiq4s1sb.jpg

Germany was amazing! I loved it. I can’t wait to go back and eat in Biergarten sometime. First stop was the Bier stand for a… Schofferhofer Grapefruit. I had read about them in other people’s TRs, but I wasn’t sure what bier I would get. I am a sucker for any light beer with a fruit flavor, so this was right up my alley. I love a good hefeweizen too. I ordered one and it was $7.50.

36DCB512-7E62-4E43-B407-92CC31CCB9FB_zpsjz1pwxvp.jpg

007A0252-C1AA-4112-83EF-D2956F5C46B2_zpszbhunl6z.jpg

Oh my … I could drink this again and again! You’ll see that later this week, I did just that. It was AMAZING! I know it’s more juice tasting than it is beer, but I loved it.

We went into Karamell Kuche as well because I just knew we both would love it. I’m a huge sucker for anything chocolate, and it’s even better when caramel is involved. We waited for about 10-15 minutes and returned back to the WS with our bag of caramel popcorn. It smelled SO amazing in there. If I wasn’t already pretty full, I would have got a few more items as well.

We didn’t drink anything in Italy. I would’ve got a glass of wine, but I was feeling a little tipsy! We sat down on a bench and enjoyed our popcorn.

It was about 8 PM when we entered America. Justin was hungry as per usual. We had found some restrooms in the America pavilion, these ended up being our favorite restrooms! They were big and spacious and clean! I didn’t get anything to drink here because I knew I would want something in Japan.

I really hate to be a complainer, but here it goes. Justin went to a cart in the American pavilion, right before Japan, to order a Mickey pretzel. Our second day, he had ordered a Mickey pretzel in the Magic Kingdom and used a snack credit. The girl at the cart told him 1 snack credit would get him a pretzel and a cheese cup. So we assumed the same here. We ordered the pretzel and cheese cup. First, a John the CM asked ‘are you sure you want cheese? We’re all out so I have to open a new box..’ ‘Yes, I do want cheese.’ ‘Ok, well do you want me to heat it up, that might take awhile.’ ‘No, if it takes too long, don’t worry’… So we’d get a fresh pretzel but no hot cheese. Not a huge deal. ‘How do you want to pay for this, with a snack credit?’ ‘Yes, please,’ and we paid for it using magic bands. Our receipt printed, with 2 credits charged to our account. ‘Excuse me,’ Justin said. ‘Are you sure this is 2 credits? The other day we bought the same thing in Magic Kingdom and it was 1 credit for both. If it’s 2 credits that’s fine, but we would rather pay the $1 than have a credit be used.’ ‘Oh,’ John said. ‘Sorry about that. If you want me to fix it I’m gonna need to call someone over here and that might take awhile..’ Oh.. ok! So we just said have a nice night, and left. We were kind of salty because, although we had free dining, we thought it would be consistent. Or at least he would tell us that the $1 cheese cup would be used as its own snack credit. In that case we would have just paid the $1!

Off to Japan we went.. We weren’t going to let one salty cast member ruin our day!

Last edited:
Sorry I missed an update (been dealing with some serious medical issues in my family).

Fun updates (love the picture with Buzz and Woody). I'm with you, I am underwhelmed with the Studios...just not enough to keep me occupied.

I've yet to eat at Via Napoli. :( One of these days I hope.

Kathy, so sorry to hear about all of the medical woes going on right now. I promise to catch up on your TR soon - but for now, HUGS! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes We loved meeting Buzz and Woody - and Via Napoli was GREAT! I think you guys would really like it!

I can't wait to see all of your pictures.

Mark LOVED the Schofferhofer Grapefruit beer when we were at F&W last month. I bought him two six-packs this weekend as a thank you for all he has done for my mom the lsat three weeks. I'm so glad they carry it at our local liquor store.

We were very disappointed in Biergarten on our last visit (I think it was three years ago). We used to go every other year. But they served Chicken Schnitzel instead of Veal Schnitzel and it was awful. The rest of the food was off that day too...and I love German food. I'm hoping it was just an off day and that you enjoy it when you go.

I hate salty Castmembers. And I hate when things are not consistent in the parks.

Boy, you've been busy with the update!s! Great details. !I am all caught up now.

I would have been very upset and nervous with the confusing wait in the small area in Test Track too. Very confusing for all of you trying to follow directions. What a mess!

The frozen margarita sounds yummy. So, does the grapefruit beer and I don't even like beer!

KatMark, I am sorry to hear about the serious medical issues family members are having. God Bless

Boy, you've been busy with the update!s! Great details. !I am all caught up now.

I would have been very upset and nervous with the confusing wait in the small area in Test Track too. Very confusing for all of you trying to follow directions. What a mess!

The frozen margarita sounds yummy. So, does the grapefruit beer and I don't even like beer!

The beer is amazing - almost like it's mostly juice (I don't think the alcohol content is very high). The whole test track thing just had me confused, haha. It's difficult when you're trying to follow directions. I get that these things happen but I'm an anxious person to begin with so I hate when I don't understand what to do!

KatMark, I am sorry to hear about the serious medical issues family members are having. God Bless

Thank you so much. Mom passed on Saturday. I am happy that she is no longer in pain, but we didn't expect it quite so fast.

I came back to see all the pictures and they are great.

I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

WEDNESDAY 9/17: EPCOT - More Drinks Around the World

Finally I have had the time to get back on here and update my TR!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. For the first time, Justin and I were able to spend it with both of our families. In the past, we just split up since his family lives about 2.5 hours from mine (an hour from us). We went there after work Wednesday, spent the night there. His mom cooked dinner Thursday around 11, and then we went to his aunt's, about 45 minutes away, for lunch at noon. Then we were at my family's (about an hour and a half from his aunt's) by 4! So we were stuffed by the end of the day, but we didn't over do it at any of the houses and it was so great spending time with everyone.

I coach HS cheer, so we have been busy prepping for our first competition, which was last Saturday. The girls took 1st out of 3 in their division, so we were pretty happy there. They did have a few mishaps, but we had 2 girls that couldn't compete that day (injury and family medical emergency) so we had to work with what we had.. and I'm pretty happy with the outcome!

So really I am writing this because I'm home sick from work today. Boo! Could be a combination of running like crazy to get to cheer, work, and with Christmas coming up, but I'm thankful I took the day off today.

So back to our TR..

We ordered a Tokyo Sunset in Japan. This delicious drink included coconut rum, peach schnapps, banana liqueur, and pineapple juice. It was seriously soooo good!

B2B1A279-A73E-484A-9216-2237C9725D0F_zpseqca7dit.jpg

After that, our only other drink was in France. We split the Grand Marnier slushie. I could have also gone for the lemon-y one, but Justin prefers orange to lemon so that's what we got.

FA9EBA99-BD57-40C4-AB66-393686611065_zpsvxsbqkle.jpg

In front of the fountain in France..

1C144F7A-7CDA-4E84-92AB-65D3DD4ADFB2_zps1qfvbckj.jpg

1910263_10203787996514673_3412409093175041643_n.jpg

We hung around the WS a little longer, exploring the other countries.

In Italy.. haha!
EF93A9D0-9EA5-4F73-B5ED-3783D4711E49_zpsyja03a3o.jpg

98254105-271F-4DA9-A605-4BDDB752B39F_zpsodwogdrf.jpg

I really wanted something yummy from the bakery in France - but I just could not imagine eating anything with all of the flavors of liquor bouncing back and forth in my tummy, haha. So next time, I know I have to stop there for a treat! I know you can't do everything in one WDW trip.. so I have a list of things I am still hoping to try.

We were meeting up with one of my BFFS from childhood. She was my very best friend for probably 10 years, we did drift apart in HS but still remained good friends, just didn't spend all of our time together like we had when we were younger.

She is one of those amazing people you just can't say anything bad about. She LOVES Disney and was there for the College Program! She actually already did the CP in 2012 and met a friend while down there. They have stayed in touch for 2 years and decided to go back for a second round this fall. How fun!! I am so jealous of all of her fun stories.

She and her friend came to meet us in the UK. We walked around the WS a little bit and watched Illuminations together with Justin and her friend as well.

It was so great getting to catch up with a good friend I rarely see, especially in WDW!

Last edited:
I'm glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with both families this year.

Oooooh...that drink in Japan looks wonderful.

And you had my favorite drink...the Grand Mariner slush. :worship::worship:

The picture in Italy had me :rotfl:.

How nice that you got to meet up with a long time friend at Disney and watch Illuminations together.

Glad to hear you worked out a plan for Thanksgiving. Figuring out holidays across families can be tricky (we've gone with my family getting Thanksgiving and my wife's getting Christmas) - sounds like a fun and full (and filling) day :thumbsup2

Congrats to your cheer squad! To succeed when there are extra challenges like missing people is always a great accomplishment and speaks to their mental toughness :thumbsup2

I don't think I have ever seen the Tokyo Sunset before, but it looks pretty darn good! Definitely good to already be prepping a list of things you want to do next trip! :goodvibes

So cool that you got to meet up with your friend like that!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and very Merry Christmas!

I have to ask what is up with Justin"s funny look in you photo of the two of you in Italy I think?
I expected you to mention it in your report but you didn't.

It is a cute and funny photo.

Thank you so much. Mom passed on Saturday. I am happy that she is no longer in pain, but we didn't expect it quite so fast.

KatMark, my sympathies on the loss of your mother. It must have made the holidays bittersweet for you.

THANKS Kathy! Same to you. I hope you enjoyed the holiday with your family. It's crazy how fast they go - back to work tomorrow already. :)

Glad to hear you worked out a plan for Thanksgiving. Figuring out holidays across families can be tricky (we've gone with my family getting Thanksgiving and my wife's getting Christmas) - sounds like a fun and full (and filling) day :thumbsup2

Congrats to your cheer squad! To succeed when there are extra challenges like missing people is always a great accomplishment and speaks to their mental toughness :thumbsup2

I don't think I have ever seen the Tokyo Sunset before, but it looks pretty darn good! Definitely good to already be prepping a list of things you want to do next trip! :goodvibes

So cool that you got to meet up with your friend like that!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and very Merry Christmas!

Thanks! We did have a great Thanksgiving - it was nice to get to both sides of the family. We did spend Christmas apart since my fiance had to work the day before and the day after (the prison never closes, haha). I hope you had a great holiday, too!

The Tokyo Sunset was seriously good - I hadn't read about it online before, and I was trying to do my research so I would know what I wanted beforehand and made sure to try the things I was most excited for. It was a pleasant surprise, though!

I have to ask what is up with Justin"s funny look in you photo of the two of you in Italy I think?
I expected you to mention it in your report but you didn't.

It is a cute and funny photo.

You know, he was getting so sick of me taking a picture in every country, haha! I think he was just being silly. I was trying to get a good picture of us and he kept messing with me so eventually we just ended up taking funny pics. :thumbsup2

Thursday morning's alarm came WAY too soon! Fail on my part for scheduling an early ADR the day after drinking throughout Epcot - whoops.

We had an 8:10 AM reservation for Crystal Palace. I had heard so many great things about CP. We wanted to do one character meal, and this is the one that appealed most to us. I remember eating with Pooh and friends as a kid, I think my mom said it was at Wilderness Lodge, though. I remember it being at a hotel.

I had also heard great things about getting a pre-park opening ADR. I thought I was so swift getting an 8:10 reservation as soon as I could get ADR's, but it was really an EMH day so the park opened at 8 anyhow. Rookie mistake!

We drove to MK this day because we wanted to make sure we were there in time. I came to find after this week, that MK was such a pain to drive to, and much easier to just take the bus. Car to tram to TTC to monorail to park.. whew.

We left our room around 7:30 and were soon at MK. We were on a boat by 7:50 with a bunch of other breakfast-goers. We waited for what seemed like an eternity (probably 15 minutes) until the boats finally left. They must have been waiting for people to get on and fill up the boat.

I was getting so nervous that we would be late for our breakfast, but we got there by 8:10 on the dot! A ton of other families hustled from the entrance to CP right alongside us.

We ordered our drinks - Diet Coke for Justin and coffee for me. I also ordered an apple juice. I have it written down as OJ, but I rarely drink OJ and almost always would choose apple juice instead.. sooo I'm gonna assume I had apple juice.

We each made two trips to the buffet.

Justin's first plate, top and clockwise: Bacon (some sausage under there), Pooh's puffed french toast, Mickey waffle and syrup, and what I believe are some awesome cheesy potatoes.

C61B56D2-5544-4760-95DD-212BFAE91F23_zps6i1ci10h.jpg

My plate: Biscuit, sausage link, breakfast pizza, cheesy potatoes, breakfast hashbrowns.

E3D4A5C1-33B6-48F3-B353-66F93C65FEA5_zpsyb5ruw4v.jpg

My next plate: banana bread, Mickey waffle, Pooh's puffed french toast, and a cube of cheese (no idea why this was thrown in there, haha). And in the bowl, some breakfast lasagna.

F81A5A02-3383-4789-8599-5858DD739A45_zpskezshyfz.jpg

9995A660-A6E6-47AC-97BA-FF9603E7EB72_zps2fbhwag7.jpg

Justin's next plate: Pancake, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. I think there are also some cheesy potatoes in there.

63F0964F-CDFC-448F-B792-F56F64C154B6_zpsgtaefog2.jpg

We really liked the food. Character interaction was good. When we got there, Pooh was arriving to our table. Tigger came after we got our first plate, and Piglet not long after that. Unfortunately, Eeyore was in our area when we arrived and when we were getting ready to leave, he was nowhere in sight. We had some other things we wanted to do, so we did not wait for him.

Here's us with Tigger... Justin doesn't look too pleased here haha.
8F126BA0-A8ED-43E9-AD30-368A269609AC_zpspmm80fhh.jpg

Us with Pooh!
471C2EB1-69C1-4232-9A59-F5D68F89D96A_zpsujmwb75p.jpg

and Piglet
D86BF92A-57CB-4DE2-8880-732D34203CB3_zpsmic5skjc.jpg

The character interaction was pretty good. We didn't spend too much time with them. It was so busy and there were plenty of families with young kids that were really excited, so we didn't keep them around for too long.

The cutest thing was the family next to us. They had 4 or 5 children. One of their sons was probably 15 or 16 and had special needs. He was wearing a Pooh t-shirt and a birthday button. He was SO EXCITED when Pooh and the gang came by his table. It was seriously so cute. And the whole family got a big group photo. They said that they come every year and that this was their son's favorite meal. It was adorable and you could just tell how excited all of the kids were!

My favorite: Pooh's puffed french toast. I love anything fried and doughy (who doesn't!?) so this was great. Biscuits and gravy were also really good, but standard throughout Disney. I liked the breakfast pizza too, it was different.

Justin's favorite: He loved those cheesy potatoes! He also loves biscuits and gravy, so he was happy with those, too.

The breakfast lasagna was WAY too sweet for my tastes! One little bite and that was plenty for me.

The omelet station was fantastic looking, but wasn't what I was in the mood for that day. I really liked how they had the buffet set up on two sides! I was really looking forward to this meal. It was $53 for the two of us.

Overall, it was a great start to our day. However, for $53, we're just as satisfied with a quick on the go QS breakfast, some Starbucks breakfast, or a sit down that might cost us $30. However we knew we were here for the character interaction! We used 2 dining credits here.

Since we decided to just do one character meal, I think this worked out great. It still left us a ton of park time. I'm excited to try Tusker House with my mom, aunt, and cousin on our next trip.

Last edited:
THURSDAY 9/18 - MK

After breakfast, we went up to Guest Services at the front of the park. Remember our Test Track FP experience from the day before, and how we scanned to use our FP but never got to?! And the girl at the FP+ kiosk told us it was all good and was still showing up? Yeah, it wasn't. :confused3

So we went to the front of the park and hopped in line really quickly. It didn't take too long, so we explained ourselves and got our FP+ back.

Even better - the cast member felt bad that we had to wait yesterday (in line and then at the FP+ kiosk) and now today, so he gave us an EXTRA FP+ to make up for it! Yay! pixiedust:

We thanked him and were on our way - we had some rides to do!

We still had 2 VIP FP's left from our DVC tour on Sunday, plus the extra FP+ we had just received. In hindsight, I would have just let the FP go and not worried about it. It's only a FastPass after all!

Our first order of business was my favorite ride in WDW... Big Thunder Mountain.

When I was little, my dad would let us pick out movies every month or so at the movie store. I would almost always choose a Disney Sing-a-long video. One of my favorite parts was when they ride BTMRR and sing 'Zip a Dee Doo Dah'.. so on a trip when I was younger, I rode BTMRR quite a few times. It's since been one of my favorites.

Justin loved it, too.

We also got our picture taken at a Photopass upon exiting - but somehow these never ended up with our photos! :confused3

Once we got off BTMRR, it was so HOT!! We originally did not plan to ride any water rides, because we didn't want to spend the day soaking wet. Also because I didn't want to get my hair wet.. haha. But, we figured, why not!? It had a 40 minute posted wait, but we jumped on it anyways.

It was probably only actually 25 minutes. We made friends with the guy in front of us and his young son. After we got off the ride, Justin said that was his favorite ride in WDW. We loved the story, and the ride is just so fun.

10698676_10203788002314818_2476910095512788697_n.jpg

BB5C5A32-CF9B-461D-9959-44681588EED5_zps2wvvakpq.jpg

We had a FP+ for 7DMT at 10:50, so we headed back that way. I was excited for 7DMT and was nervous that I wouldn't be able to get a FP+ for it, but we were able to. The verdict - it was cute! And we were in the front row! I'm glad we didn't have to wait an hour for it. I was happy that we got to ride it, and it was a rollercoaster that was just right for me. I hate really intense rides, I'm kind of a ride chicken. Overall we enjoyed it!

I love this ride photo of us.

10689768_10203788003914858_6255636702935501500_n.jpg

We walked around Fantasyland a little bit more before deciding that it was time for some lunch.

I hate riding things that go around in circles. So stationary Dumbo was perfect for me, haha!

94E4AEBB-8675-4374-A26D-64CEE18AEEB1_zpstmbpbim8.jpg

I have in my notes that we went to eat after this.. but it doesn't seem likely, because I know we ate around 12:30 and we got off of 7DMT around 11, so that's a whole hour gap, haha. We probably rode something that I can't even remember!

We were getting hungry, and it was around noon, so we headed off to Pecos Bill for some lunch.

We had a BOG ADR for dinner that night and didn't want to eat too much, but knew we should eat something since it was pretty hot.

I had been thinking about Columbia Harbour House, but Justin doesn't like seafood, so I knew he wouldn't split the tuna sandwich. And he would never go near hummus, so that sandwich was out too, haha. Looking back we could have easily just grabbed 2 QS meals and saved whatever we didn't finish, since we had so many extra credits, but I was being stingy and thought we would use them the next day.

So, we split a taco salad. Which I have heard has since been taken off the menu. That's a bummer, because this was a great meal! We waited for awhile, lots of people had the same idea we did since it was so hot and it was lunch time.

89ABB953-147D-46F3-A8B2-8ED084BD7F3F_zps0ohxynim.jpg

So this was our lovely taco salad, loaded up with some yummy cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa on the side.

We found a seat outside, I think under cover though, and shared our taco salad. We had also grabbed a carrot cake and Diet Coke to drink.

One thing we didn't love with the dining plan, and I cannot believe I'm saying this - all the dessert. I love sweets, but this was way too much.

A few bites of this carrot cake, although yummy, was enough for me. The cake was moist and the cream cheese was sweet.

AC3B5852-4611-4859-BE75-F1BD4EF22B20_zpsteg5bf0c.jpg

Justin was still not feeling well, so it was time for a midday nap break.

Last edited:
THURSDAY 9/18 - MK - Be Our Guest

One thing I've noticed since reading my notes and writing my trip report, is that we didn't do nearly as much as I thought we would. Maybe it's because it was so hot and Justin didn't feel well, so we did midday breaks. Or maybe it's because we were so excited to just be taking it all in, that we didn't even notice how much we didn't do. Part of the magic, to me, is just enjoying being there. Soaking up the atmosphere, the theming, and the people around you. I love it.

I know you can't do it all in one trip, so that could just be me looking back and realizing there is so much that's still waiting for us! Hence why we're going back next fall.. haha!

While Justin napped, I did what any good Dis-er would do. I called about a Bounceback offer.

I was given the offer for free dining, from sometime in mid August through October 2, 2015. I immediately was so excited.. another Disney trip.. YAY! :cheer2:

But then I thought like a logical adult. 1) I'm already in Disney. 2) I'm coming back in March. 3) I am now planning and paying for a wedding.. what if I can't afford it!? I would hate to book it and then cancel.. that would be sad.

And then I thought.. well, I could always book it and see if my girlfriends would want to go.. or I can just book it for Justin and I and then un-book it later..

I didn't book it and thought I would sleep on it. I could always book before I checked out. Part of the reason I didn't want to book is because I knew there would be potential for me to have an actuarial exam next October, and I would hate to be away just before the exam. Also, my pass expires September 13, 2015... So I thought since I wouldn't need tickets, maybe a room only offer was more our speed.

After Justin woke up, we headed back to MK. We decided to just take the bus since we had already driven and did not want to deal with the tram/monorail that afternoon.

At 3:45 we were back to the MK after a 2 hour hiatus.

We hopped on Space Mountain with a FP+, I think I had switched it from BTMRR that morning.

Now, I used to love SM as a kid. My dad would always go on it with me and we loved it. Times have changed and my tummy can no longer handle rides like this. I don't know why, since usually I loved rollercoasters. I don't like the dark, though, and maybe that was why.

All I know is, I came off of Space Mountain feeling like I was dying! I was sweating, dizzy, stomach ached, etc. We had just had lunch 3 hours before. I have no clue what the deal was, but I think I was dehydrated.

Here is Justin grabbing me because I was screaming my head off. Haha. I was grabbing his wrist and I squeezed so hard his Magic Band flew off! It was just in the car, thankfully.

1907830_10203788006914933_3030704345776204152_n.jpg

Justin stood in line to get us a water while I stood under the misters. I thought for a second I was going to pass out. I know, I'm super dramatic. We sat for some time just hanging out and hydrating.

We hung around MK some more and explored New Fantasyland for about the 4th time that week. I just love it, I could wander around there for hours.

10698471_10203788004114863_6148660418504092105_n.jpg

We were in line for Under the Sea for about 20 minutes, when suddenly the ride stopped. Grrr. I love the Little Mermaid! We got out of line because it was taking awhile, and we had an ADR to get to at... BE OUR GUEST!

I was so excited to eat at BOG. This was the first ADR I booked. Nothing was stopping us from eating in that castle.

95A92ED7-AD0F-4B2D-8249-A00DFD63638B_zpspkjid7xl.jpg

DB9D357C-DB03-4B1F-896C-9A9B9496EF6B_zpsvnyq2eoi.jpg

Except a 30 minute wait. That wouldn't stop us, but it would postpone our dinner for a bit.

We were a little bit early. It was about 20 minutes prior to our ADR and we knew we wouldn't be able to go do something and get back in time, so we just waited it out.

At 6:05 (our ADR was for 5:50 and we checked in at 5:35), we were called to check in. Alriiiight!

Scooter was our server. The service was outstanding. He was so quick, friendly, and the right amount of chatty.

We were seated in the ballroom.

Looking at the menu, Justin and I were not sure what to get. Grilled NY strip was calling to him. I was salivating at the pork chop, but still liked the idea of the scallops/shrimp dish. Ultimately, I thought the macaroni gratin coupled with the pork chop sounded to die for. I had listened to Pete and the team’s review of BOG a few times, and he raved and raved about the pork chop dish. So that’s what I went with.

We both ordered Diet Coke and Scooter also brought us some rolls with butter.

F689D97F-7840-492B-8985-9C4A1DFFE079_zpsgmmnsh3r.jpg

625CB1F5-2B50-44D4-80E8-11324AF725B6_zpsnay6x1li.jpg

I can’t lie, I love bread. In all forms. A few DR’s I have read say that this is just basic, crusty bread rolls. But.. they are AMAZING basic, crusty, hot, fresh, delicious bread rolls. They were warm and with some butter on them.. OOH man. Any time we go out to eat we love when there is bread service, hahaha. This was a highlight of the meal.

Next came our entrees.

My entrée:

87402AB1-62C2-4F5B-BD26-C94F4857FEB0_zpsql7spbp1.jpg

Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop - with Au Gratin Macaroni, Seasonal Vegetables, and Red Wine Jus - $23.99

Justin’s entrée:

142428CA-CB26-40BD-AD20-75690FB43EC1_zpsli5x6vtq.jpg

Grilled Strip Steak - with Garlic-Herb Butter and Pomme Frites - $33.49

So, to highlight, everything we ate was AMAZING. We loved it. :worship:

Justin’s steak was cooked well, to his liking. He loved the garlic herb butter on top and said the steak there was just as good as the Yachtsman’s. Disclaimer: We are NOT professional or fancy steak eaters. Heck we love Longhorn and Outback. We just love steak. So while I’m sure the quality and cut of the meat was not as good as the Yachtsman’s, you’re also not paying Yachtsman prices, so for $33 he thought this was outstanding. And the pomme frites were right up his alley. I am fairly certain they were just regular fries, but he has never met a French fry he didn’t like.

I tasted his steak and I agreed – fantastic!

My entrée was also great. Typically, I enjoy chicken and turkey far more than I do pork or steak. That’s just my taste on a regular basis. I wanted to try something different. Most of this trip, I tried to go with something I can’t always get or can’t make at home. This fell into that category. I also don’t really like pork tenderloin, but I love a good pork chop with some seasoning.

This…. Was so juicy. It was so tender. It was seasoned so well. It came with a really lovely red wine jus for dipping. But honestly, the meat had so much juice I really didn’t even need to do much dipping. It had very little fat on it.

The macaroni gratin was great, as well. I remember Pete saying “I could not stop eating that!” during his review. It was great. Justin enjoyed it even more than I did, he is a big fan of macaroni. It was good, creamy, not really crusty or one big lump like you’d think (This was a good thing).

The seasonal veggies were sooooooo good. I believe Justin’s steak came with some of these too. Ours were green beans with a little bit of carrots in there. They were in some buttery, juicy goodness. We both gobbled them up.

Now, it was time for dessert. Scooter rolled out the dessert cart. I was so in between a few things.. the Grey Stuff and the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, particularly. I had been eyeing up others with the Grey Stuff, so that is what I chose. Though we usually try to do different things, Justin also really wanted the grey stuff. Which was good, because we loved it. Hands down one of the best desserts we ate all week, if not the best. It was cookie, it was cream, it was so good. I want it now!

D1593AA7-2D00-46E7-B85B-E028C907D342_zpsr97pz6ky.jpg

We paid our bill and said goodbye to Scooter, then we got a few pictures with the Beast himself.

25D30E9B-075A-4323-8868-70269DC879FC_zpslsk7s7vz.jpg

1EE01E43-220F-433D-9D55-46C813E31F9F_zpsqmwar1ne.jpg

Upon our exit, it was 7:10 PM and we had a FP for Anna and Elsa.

Last edited:
THURSDAY 9/18 - MK: Anna & Elsa meet!

After dinner, it was time to meet none other than... ANNA AND ELSA!

I promise I'm 24, not 12. What a trooper Justin was for hanging with me through this meet. That's a half an hour of his life he can't get back, but he did it because he wanted to meet Anna and Elsa. ;) I'm sure of it.

We really only waited 10 minutes, with our sought-after FP+. I think it was for 7:10 or something like that. It was kind of rainy, so we were happy to go inside for a little bit.

Our meet was so fun! Anna was such a great character. She was so funny and said "I hope you knew him for more than a few hours before he proposed!" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

As you could see, I was so appropriately dressed for the occasion.. ;)

10426814_10203788026795430_5339237345514843508_n.jpg

1601034_10203788027595450_8502913006624385262_n.jpg

10386297_10203788028395470_1087526827007707813_n.jpg

Our Elsa wasn't as great, but was still good!

10698444_10203788029355494_2629322867559053275_n.jpg

10710878_10203788030235516_3996957045307236986_n.jpg

Elsa even said "wow, that's some nice ice ya got there!" Hahaha :rotfl:

After our meet, we walked through to Adventureland. I had one thing on my mind, a Dole Whip. I hadn't ever tried one, so this was my first.
CD1643F5-81A1-4F93-801D-14560C691605_zpsloc4umaf.jpg

And the verdict.. Oooooh yes, this was outstanding! I can't wait to go back.

We were all set up to view Wishes. We had seen Hallowishes earlier that week, but not Wishes. We walked through some shops on Main Street and got ready for the parade.

When all of a sudden, the skies opened up and it started POURING! :scared:

We were right outside of the Plaza ice cream parlor, so we grabbed our ponchos out of my bag and took cover.

We waited and it just kept raining and raining.. and thundering. We knew we should probably head for the buses, because it wasn't looking good.

So we darted for the buses and made it, soaking wet, with a bunch of other people also headed back to Coronado Springs.

We grabbed a seat on the bus and it filled up pretty quickly. The bus driver welcomed us all and then exclaimed "Wow, it's pretty rainy out there.. Hopefully we make it back safely!"

Everyone on the bus started cracking up. Hopefully!? Yeah, I hope so too.. hahaha.

It continued raining the entire way back, so I have no idea if they ended up showing fireworks or not. I was pretty upset that I missed them, but I knew I would be back for Wishes again.

Either before/after our midday break we got some great Photopass pictures! All with a bonus crane in the background! :crazy2:

We bought our ears and even had "Mr" and "Mrs" stitched on the back.

10703850_10203788002914833_148442848442033496_n.jpg

1962599_10203788001274792_5574203283329106017_n.jpg

Justin cracks me up.. after we got home he asked me what the strap on the hat was for.. to put under your chin, I said.. "Oh" he replied.. you can see it's on his forehead here HAHA!

10645205_10203788001434796_5911473024723352428_n.jpg

10689743_10203788000034761_7472389987365011850_n.jpg

One of my favorites:
10653681_10203787999474747_8508955576915721228_n.jpg

10291088_10203787998594725_4792417626714069544_n.jpg

Nice iPad in the back.. haha!
10615351_10203787998034711_242894525833140597_n.jpg

Overall, I am SO HAPPY I bought the Memory Maker package. Seriously, a $150 well spent. First, our engagement was caught on photo. Second, we didn't have to take pictures on our iPhone (which is what we do the rest of the time). The pictures were so great to have. I even used Shutterfly to make a picture book of all of our pictures. It turned out great.

Last edited:
FRIDAY 9/19: EPCOT

Friday morning was our last park morning. :sad::sad::sad:

I was looking forward to grabbing Starbucks or breakfast in the parks, but we had SO MANY QUICK SERVICE CREDITS left. Seriously we had 6 QS credits left and 1 park day + the next morning to use them.

Challenge accepted, I guess!

That morning, Justin had his typical ham, egg, and cheese on a croissant. Switched it up from bacon to ham this morning. It came with hashbrowns.

A6108A5D-E1E1-4D9D-88ED-4A5895FA3ED9_zpsesfk6boq.jpg

I had the Mexican eggs benedict burrito.

95534D78-2D6C-4185-974A-3A5E1955EC17_zpsnpr6fwik.jpg

Mexican Eggs Benedict Burrito - Whole Grain Tortilla filled with Egg, Ham and Cheese topped with Salsa Verde, and Sauce Choron - $8.99

I think we each had a bottled water.

With the refillable mugs, we ended up getting waters that we would either put in the room and keep cold for when we got back at night, or we’'d take them with us to the parks. We usually would fill up our mugs with coffee or pop that morning.

The burrito was SO GOOD. I remember Craig eating it on their 7 in 7 and saying it was as big as his face. It was pretty big. It had egg, ham and cheese inside, and an amazing cheesy sauce with salsa on top. It was outstanding. Huge, but outstanding. I didn’t finish it. Note that this does not come with hashbrowns. Justin liked his sandwich. He's not too hard to please when it comes to breakfast and he loves anything bacon/egg/cheese.

I believe we spent around $22 here. My meal was $8.99, his was $7.99.

We had our FP's picked out for that morning and planned on doing F&W all afternoon and evening.

We originally had a FP+ for the Character Spot, but when we got there, it only had a 10 minute wait, so we switched it for something else.

We had some great character interactions here! I was so glad we wore our Mickey and Minnie shirts on that day.

10649531_10203788030395520_3355836859260233144_n.jpg

1391757_10203788031755554_9124307901037108131_n.jpg

1937489_10203788031795555_6618513008576221385_n.jpg

10402986_10203788032235566_2651453884435004441_n.jpg

10522024_10203788032955584_972713374712921352_n.jpg

I just love this one..
10687058_10203788033835606_213342697613188352_n.jpg

10615397_10203788034195615_1190918454453748052_n.jpg

10402573_10203788034475622_457571795788684153_n.jpg

I have a serious eye-closing habit in pictures.. I smile so big that my eyes close, haha.
10647056_10203788035555649_8226610510589995288_n.jpg

10616452_10203788035715653_3327403797028380293_n.jpg

10561638_10203788036115663_926241080646543442_n.jpg

1904114_10203788036515673_6050305409015075912_n.jpg

We didn't encounter a huge crowd at the character spot so they spent extra time taking pictures, which was so nice. I made sure to thank them because I knew we had some amazing pictures!

We had a FP+ for Spaceship Earth, which was our next stop. We walked right on, and then headed over to Journey into Imagination.

I had to try Journey into Imagination because I know how much Kathy loves Figment. It was adorable, yet cheesy. The family on the car in front of us, I think they had 3 kids, knew EVERY WORD to the song. All 5 of them were singing it. It was hysterical, they seriously loved the ride!

We had a FP+ for Soarin' next. I just love this ride! Justin loved it too.

We did not attempt Test Track this day.. I'm not sure why, but I think it was because F&W was now open so we pretty much darted towards Hawaii waving our Magic Bands.. WE COULD NOT WAIT. :dance3:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter