A Very Magical Disney Proposal.. My first TR!

Vernie822

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Welcome to my very first trip report!

I'm Ashley and I'm 24 years old. My fiance Justin and I live in northwestern PA. I work as an actuary for an insurance company. He works as a case manager in a prison (he has lots of crazy stories). Our work is equally as stressful for different reasons. Sometimes I find my reasons to be silly in comparison to his. But we both love what we do. My job is all math and numbers, so it's really nice to come home and not think about that for awhile.
I have to take exams to eventually become a credentialed actuary. It's a 6-7 year process. I have passed 3 exams so far, but I have a ways to go! These exams require 300+ hours of study time and are pretty difficult - another reason why I was so excited for some quality Disney time with Justin.

I also coach high school varsity cheerleading - it's loads of fun and the girls add a lot of excitement to my life. They're the highlight of my day after a long day at work. Even if it is a 24/7 job. I'm always getting messages and calls about their teenage problems, but I love that they can come to me and think of me as a friend and a coach. They have won the District 10 title 3 years in a row - they are awesome!

Here we are in Cleveland about a year ago catching an Indians game..

ScreenShot2013-06-18at73203PM_zps45e5a53f.png

Okay now on to the better stuff..

WHERE - WDW, where else! We stayed at CSR. Also featured in this adventure will be the cities of Tampa and Miami.

WHEN - September 13-20, including the 20-22 at Miami.

WHY - Because it's WDW! And Tampa and Miami because we love baseball.

HOW - By plane and rental car. We found a rental car on Alamo for $180 for the entire trip. Score!!

DETAILS! We will be attending MNSSHP and F&W, with 5 day park hoppers. Also includes a trip to the baseball stadiums and beaches in Tampa and Miami.

ADR's: All of these are new to Justin, a Disney first timer! I have been to Disney many times, but we never really ate at restaurants as a kid. With 5 kids my parents did a lot of CS and lunches in coolers.

Here's where we are planning to eat:

Ohana
Crystal Palace
Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Kouzzina (most likely)

CHAPTER LINKS:

Friday 9/12:

Travel Day

Saturday 9/13:
Delta Drama!
Arrival & Checking out Coronado Springs
Dinner at Ohana: "I'm pacing myself.." "I'm not!"

Sunday 9/14:
Sad Little Yogurt Parfait
DTD and lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express
MNSSHP Part 1
MNSSHP Part 2
MNSSHP Part 3 - The Proposal

Monday 9/15:
Breakfast @ Pepper Market
DVC Presentation and Tampa Trip

Tuesday 9/16:
Animal Kingdom: Part 1 w/ lunch @ Restaurantosaurus
Animal Kingdom: Part 2 w/ lunch @ Yak & Yeti
Animal Kingdom: Part 3
Dinner @ Yachtsman Steakhouse & Boardwalk

Wednesday 9/17:
A Wet Morning in Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios: Part 2
A Quick Lunch @ Pepper Market
Epcot & Via Napoli
Test Track Woes

Drinks Around the World

Thursday 9/18:
MK Morning & Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Some Pixie Dust & FastPass+!
Dinner @ Be Our Guest
"That's some nice ice you got there!"

Friday 9/19:
Meeting Minnie & Mickey
F&W Round 1 - "We should've worn our fat pants."
F&W Round 2 - Why did we make an ADR!?
Teppan Edo Dinner & one last Schofferhofer

Saturday 9/20:
Last Disney Day :(
A Wrap Up & THANK YOU!

Last edited:
FRIDAY, 9/12 -- TRAVEL DAY

Our travels began on Friday 9/12 just after work. I might have left work around 3 that day.. oops. I was just too excited! I spent an hour or so making sure we had everything we needed. Everything was highlighted on my lists. Nothing was left to pack.. Woo hoo!! I can't lie, I had made my list and did the laundry and began packing 2 weeks before. I was nervous I'd get really busy and would have to scramble. Justin got home around 5. We loaded up the car to head to my parents' in Pittsburgh. First we had to drop off the rent. The rental office is just down the street from our apartment complex. Of course we were so excited that we zipped right by and forgot to drop off the rent.. Whoops. After a short detour we were back on the road. I then forced Justin to take a car selfie with me. He wasn't thrilled about participating..

E7D8A41D-1991-49E2-8DB6-C6DC1A82027B_zpslkmtho4u.jpg

The drive from Erie to my parents' house is only 2 hours. But we had cleaned out our fridge of anything that wasn't a condiment, so we stopped at Sheetz about halfway. If you're not from an area with a Sheetz, you are seriously missing out. Yes, it's a gas station. Yes, they sell food. But seriously - just Google it. You have to try for yourself! We snagged some snack wraps (chicken fingers in a tortilla), and some fries and hit the road. We hung around at my parents' for a bit before heading upstairs to sleep. We still sleep in separate beds at their house, and we probably will forever!

SATURDAY 9/13 -- DISNEY DAY!!
We woke up around 5:50 on Saturday morning to head to the airport. I could care less that it was so early.. I was so excited!!! I put on my Mickey t-shirt and I was ready to party! Justin, not so much.

C49A770C-BB8D-4E80-93F5-FA2B903C67E6_zpscdjhwg5m.jpg

My dad was nice enough to make the hour's drive out to the airport to drop us off. We got in the car at 6:30, and made it to the airport just before 7:30. Our flight was for 9:43. Or so we thought....

Last edited:
When we left off, we had just arrived to the airport at around 7:30. This was 2 hours before our flight, which gave us plenty of time.

Flash back to about 3 weeks ago when J informed me that we hadn't received any info from Delta regarding our flight. I hadn't flown in about 3 years. He hadn't flown in about 15. Any time I had flown, it was for a school trip and a responsible adult just handed me my boarding pass. But, we now had to be the responsible adults. So I questioned my aunt, who flies pretty frequently, and asked her what we should do. She informed me that just about every airline does things through the internet now, so it was probably in an e-mail or online somewhere. But I hadn't received anything - nothing. We had booked our flights through Disney. The most I had heard of was of a schedule change (+/- 5 minutes on our flight home) but that was via mail.

Now I very well might have received something and just didn't realize it, so I searched and still hadn't found anything. So I called Delta, a week before our trip. First off, the lady on the phone wasn't excited to be speaking to me. I wouldn't be either, since I was inquiring about a few things, but hey, I'm not stupid. I'm someone who paid $500 for airfare and just wants to make sure I have everything straightened out! She informed me that she "supposed" she could send me the necessary documents in e-mail. She did, and I thanked her. I was already off on the wrong foot with Delta for their Judy Attitude-y customer service rep, but whatever, I could have done a little more research myself.

Back in real time, to when we're at the airport. We take the documents from the e-mail to scan to print our boarding passes. This was pretty smooth and painless. The documents that Judy Attitude-y had sent us told us our flight to ATL was at 9:43, flying out of gate D20. We printed our boarding passes, checked our bags, and headed for McDonald's. We had 2 hours to kill.

So we grabbed some McDonald's, a bacon/egg/cheese bagel for J, and an 'egg white delight' for myself (you'll see that I attempt to eat somewhat healthy, and ultimately that fails by breakfast the 2nd day).

We sat down and chilled at the D20 gate, seeing that a flight had just left for ATL at 8:30. We wondered why no one was joining us. Around 8:50, I had to use the restroom, so we got up to use the restroom, and while I was finishing up, J caught a look at the departures board.

"Our flight number says it's at gate D5, not D20.." he said.

"Weird.." I said. "Why do our boarding passes say D20 then? Maybe they changed it."

So I glance at the boarding pass again. Oh, heck no. Our boarding passes say our flight was at 8:30!!! How?? Why?? What! I thought I was going to pass out. Long story short.. Delta had 2 flights from PIT to ATL. One at 8:30, one at 9:43. Our information online (and everything we had received since purchasing) said our flight was at 9:43. Our documents from Delta used to print the boarding pass said we were on Flight #X, at 9:43, at gate D20. Our boarding passes said we were on Flight #X (same flight number), at 8:30, at gate D20.

So we flew, literally, I don't know if my feet were on the ground, to gate D5. I checked to make sure this was the correct flight to ATL. It was. I showed the woman at the check-in counter that our boarding passes said 8:30, but everything else I had in my possession from Delta said 9:43. She got us on the 9:43 flight, and was VERY nice about it. I thanked her 10 times over. :goodvibes:goodvibes BUT, REALLY, DELTA? I could have cried. I was so upset but thankful at the same time. We got on the flight, and vowed to never fly Delta again. Maybe I'm being too harsh? Maybe I'm an idiot and I don't know how air travel works? I do know that I might have lost 10 years off my life, though. After an uneventful layover in ATL, we were in ORLANDO!!! :cool1: We picked up our shiny new red Ford Fiesta rental (that I snagged from cheap car rentals dot com for $180!!!!) and were on our way to... CORONADO SPRINGS!!! ::yes::
06E0D722-2753-4069-9F1D-0B6CFE80698A_zpsqwp53uio.jpg

C94CE32D-0FA4-4678-BD31-676380A00AC1_zpsgwx7lqgl.jpg

Last edited:

Our plane had landed at 2:22. By the time we reached Coronado Springs, it was about 4 PM.

We checked in with the front desk. We would be staying in Ranchos 7B. I had requested Casitas, as I hoped to be closer to the main building, but oh well. Ranchos it was.

Our room was nice! Decent sized, 2 queen beds (although we only used 1.. the other was used for napping haha), nice features, and really pretty decor.

We freshened up and decided to head out to Magic Kingdom before our dinner reservation at Ohana at 6:40. I wanted to get in to see that castle before dinner!

We decided to take a bus for our first night. We got to the bus station around 4:50, and waited.. and after about 10 minutes, we decided to just drive. We were getting really anxious, and we knew we wouldn't have much time in MK as we hoped before we would have to leave for our ADR.

Seeing the castle for the first time in 5 years.. ah, magical. I was LOVING every second of it!!! J was impressed with the Magic Band system. We had no trouble at all getting right through the turnstile. He was excited to see the castle, too.

We lingered in the hub until about 6:15 when we decided to head to the monorail to go to the Polynesian.. Why.. because we were having dinner at OHANA!!!!

This would be our first meal on the dining plan, and J's first taste of Disney food... Wait tip you see how much we had!!

Last edited:

I don't fly much and I'm always nervous until I arrive at my destination!! It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start and I'm looking forward to more!!! Congratulations on your engagement. I'm looking forward to that chapter!!! :goodvibes:

I would have been a nervous wreck after learning about the gate change! I've never thought to question my boarding pass but so glad you made your flight :goodvibes

I'm in. Whew think I would gave had a heart attack with the plane mix up. Hope your return trip went better.

We had McDonald's for breakfast at the airport that morning. We checked in at Coronado Springs around 4 and left for MK shortly after. We had rented a car.

We weren't sure if we should do bus transportation or our car. I was willing to give the bus a shot. I'm not yet 25 so J did all of the rental car driving, so I left the "bus or drive" decisions up to him. We decided to try the bus.

After about 20 minutes and no bus, we just decided to drive. We got to MK about 5:45. Our ADR was for 6:40, so we just hung around and took it all in for a few. It was j's first trip so I wanted him to see everything!

We took the monorail to the Polynesian around 6:15. We checked in at 6:30 (10 minutes early) and were seated almost right away!

imagejpg1_zpsdc241926.jpg

We had a great table, with a window view of the castle!

imagejpg5_zps94f3d2ef.jpg

First, they brought out the bread. At this point, we hadn't eaten in 10 hours, so we were starving! The pineapple bread didn't stand a chance with us. It was devoured within 10 minutes.

imagejpg1_zps8d3d58c0.jpg

imagejpg3_zps8ec386f2.jpg

First, the pot stickers and the wings came out! I told myself I would have two of each. J grabbed the rest (this man can eat, you'll see!) When he saw me take two, he said "don't you want more?" I said, "I'm pacing myself.." To which he replied.. "I'm not!" Hahahaha. They were so good. I really loved them both. Excuse the fact that there are some missing in the pic!

imagejpg6_zps678abc07.jpg

The lettuce wraps were out then, too. They were good. A little spicy, but I don't handle spice well. So others might love them! I only had one.

imagejpg7_zpsa986248f.jpg

Then came the noodles and the veggies. I had a serving of noodles.. Yum!! We both loved them. The veggies were okay. Ours were kind of cold. But I had some anyways.

imagejpg8_zpsb9c8f10e.jpg

We waited for what seemed like awhile for our meat. Everything was pretty well spaced out. The table next to us had a different server, but had arrived at the same time as us. They were already finishing up their shrimp and we still hadn't received our steak. But that's okay. It gave us time to digest!

Next up was the main event... The meat!! Sorry for the chicken bones.. Lol.

imagejpg9_zpsc9e61cfd.jpg

The steak was fantastic! Seasoned, juicy, perfection. Our server gave us plenty.

Now for the pork... I was not a huge fan. I don't usually like pork, though. This pork was super dry, and pretty thin. Justin liked it.

imagejpg3_zps3c4b9a95.jpg

Justin doesn't like shrimp, so he passed on these, but I tried a few. Yum! So good. I didn't like having to peel them, but it wasn't too difficult. I probably only minded because I couldn't get them in my mouth as fast as I would've liked... Lol!

I knew I couldn't hot any more meat in my belly if I wanted to save room for the dessert. And I did, so I stopped. Justin, however, kept going. He ordered some more potstickers to go with his steak.

He sure loved those pot stickers! He kept chowing down. I asked "soooo how many pot stickers did you eat?!" The answer I got? "At least 8!"

imagejpg11_zps099059ae.jpg

Our server offered us more meat, but we declined. It was time for dessert!

The bread pudding with ice cream and bananas foster sauce... Oh my. I really, really wanted to eat it all. I just couldn't! I usually know when I'm getting to the point that I'm full.. And I was definitely there. Justin doesn't really like cake (but he can survive on cookies alone) so he wasn't a big fan. I told him it was bread pudding, but he still didn't love it. He ate a little bit of it but ate most of the ice cream.

imagejpg14_zpsd24a7ae7.jpg

We were finished with our meal by 7:30. We used 2 table service credits here.

Meal breakdown:
2 Sodas
2 Adult Meals
= about $86.

Our opinion: We would definitely go back!! Everything was so good! With the exception of cold veggies and slightly dry pork.. It was awesome. J requested that we go back again in the same trip. Lol! We think that even if we weren't on the DDP, we would still pay $40 per person for this meal. The quality and flavor of the food was great, and the service and atmosphere were excellent. My favorite thing was the steak and dessert. J's were the potstickers.

Last edited:

After dinner, we grabbed a few Memory Maker pics. We then took the monorail back to MK, and decided we were far too full to ride ANYTHING.

wd001wdw2014256119765903_zps7b8679cc.jpeg

We thought we'd just walk off the thousands of calories we shamelessly consumed.

wd004wdw2014256119798018_zpsc2c0daaa.jpeg

We walked through the Emporium, the Confectionery, and all of the shops in on Main St. We made a lap through the new Fantasyland area, through Liberty Square, and looped back around.

Before our trip, I was so nervous about not having enough time to get off our flight, get to the hotel on DME, get to the MK via a bus, then to the Poly. I was thinking that landing at 2:22 and making a 6:40 ADR was going to be tough. I have no clue how it would have gone if we didn't have a car, since we did - but we had much more time than I thought!

wd010wdw2014257119800570_zps40e3465c.jpeg

I was also concerned that after our reservation, we would hardly have much time at MK since I thought it closed at 11. I was thrilled when I found out it was open until 1 AM! I planned to stay pretty late and enjoy everything at the MK. However, around 9, we realized we were just exhausted and we headed back to the room. We didn't even stay for Wishes, which I wish we had. :( But we knew we'd be back!

Last edited:
My boyfriend (now fiancé)and I stayed at CSR sept 13-20 also and ALSO got engaged!!! That is so ironic!!!! He proposed on the 13th and we had a fantastic week adorning our just engaged pins!!!!!!

SUNDAY 9/14

Sunday Morning – Sad Little Yogurt Parfait

If you’re familiar with the DIS Unplugged podcast, you may recall the “sad little crabcake” moment. I crack up every time. This event is reminiscent of that.

Sunday morning, we woke up and were so excited to get our day started! At this point, we hadn't purchased any groceries or anything, so we decided to use a QS credit on breakfast. Only, both of us didn't think using a QS credit was worth it for breakfast this morning. I wasn't too hungry, and we knew we would want to save them for more expensive meals in the parks. So we paid OOP for this meal.

Pepper Market is the QS inside Coronado Springs. It has a few different breakfast stations to choose from.

Justin chose the bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich, served on a croissant-like roll with two triangle hash browns. This was $6.99, which isn't bad for a decently sized sandwich and a side of hash browns. He liked it. He loves bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches though, so I knew he wouldn't complain.

I wanted something lighter, as I knew we'd be using QS credits at DTD later that afternoon. I chose to go to the yogurt/oatmeal/fruit area. They had an option of oatmeal, which Justin claimed was "too healthy for vacation". They had a fruit cup, which offered honeydew, canteloupe, grapes, and pineapple, but I don't like honeydew and canteloupe. So I opted for the "yogurt parfait".

Justin's choice: Bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich. All sandwiches come with two hashbrowns. $6.99
Granola Parfait - Low Fat Yogurt layered with Blueberries, Strawberry Compote, and Granola $5.99

5457A6AA-5ED9-4C2E-B6F5-D2CFD0199F46_zps2vawgzzx.jpg

Now, here is my gripe. If this were sold in a cup, with all of the listed accompaniments, I would have gone straight for it. This was not a "grab and go" item. This is an item they make for you, at the counter. So when I ordered it, I assumed it would be yogurt with fresh blueberries and some strawberry jelly-compote-whatever that you typically see in a parfait. The girl went to pile in the previously mentioned honeydew/melon mix. Immediately I thought to myself "EW"!! Now I'm kind of picky with food, but I tried to be as nice as possible in explaining that I didn't think fruit cup fruit went with blueberries and granola.. so I nicely said "I'm sorry, I didn't think that fruit was included? I don't like honeydew or canteloupe, could you please leave that off?"

The girl was dumbfounded as to why I wouldn't want the seasonal fruit, so she said "Well... what do you want then?" So I nicely explained that the menu said it came with blueberries. So she scooped in a wee bit of yogurt, added some blueberry syrup compote, and some strawberry compote, and sprinkled some granola on top.

We checked out. Our total was $13.83.

I took my bowl of sadness, aka a "Yogurt parfait" and sat down. For $5.99. I believe Disney made at least $5.50 off of me for this one, haha.

You'll see when I add pictures just how sad it was. I really, really was hoping for some quality blueberry granola goodness, but I was mistaken.Instead, I was left with a bowl of sugar disguised as a "parfait". Justin just laughed at me, and told me this was my punishment for trying to be healthy the first day of our vacation!!

All bets were off after that, though. No more healthiness here!!

I stomached what I could of the parfait, which was at least half. It was 3/4 "compote" and a wee bit of yogurt and granola. I would not recommend the yogurt parfait to anyone. However, J certainly enjoyed his sandwich!!

After breakfast, we went back to the room for a minute. We hopped over to the bus stop (pretty close to our room!) around 9:50. We waited with a nice family from St. Louis for a bus to DTD. At 10:20, we finally boarded one!

Last edited:
SUNDAY 9/14 - DOWNTOWN DISNEY

I love DTD because I feel like it’s not too rushed. You can browse around without pressure to see and do certain things. I love hanging around WOD and going into the Christmas Store.

Pretty soon after our arrival, we stopped by the DVC booth just to check it out. DVC is something I am interested in, but now just isn’t the time for us. We wanted to know more though, so we stopped and chatted with them for a bit. They offered us a tour the next morning, coincidentally, the only free morning we would have at WDW. At first I wasn’t on board, but she talked me into it with mention of free ice cream and 3 VIP Fastpass+. We booked our tour for the next morning and continued our shopping.

We spent forever in World of Disney – but I didn’t mind. J’s mom has a Pandora bracelet that she just loves. She works at a jewelry counter, so she is always buying new charms. She fills them up for the different holidays! So with that in mind we wanted to choose a charm for her. We didn’t choose an expensive charm, but one of the ones on the racks that spin around. We ended up getting her a really cute set with some Halloween charms, and I think there was a Mickey with black sparkles on it. She’ll love it!

I chose an Alex and Ani bracelet for myself. I love these – if you’re not on board, check them out! They have special Disney ones that everyone was lined up to try. I was torn between a silver one with the castle, or a Frozen one, or a Minnie one. But the one with the castle just spoke to me – I felt like I had to have it. It just symbolized everything I love about Disney! As I’m sure most of you can relate, the castle is the main memory I have of Disney as a child – my trip hasn’t started until I see the castle.

I also got myself a cute little pink Mickey charm for my Pandora bracelet. Again, I chose one off the rack as opposed to one out of the case. I think it was $6.95 or $8.95.

We then headed over to the Christmas store, where we picked out a really cute 2014 ornament! We wanted to get one to commemorate our big trip, so we picked this one. I believe it was $16.95.

We also stopped in Basin – what a cool store! I wanted everything. Only I’m super weird about soap and I only like the foaming hand kind.. so I passed up the Mickey soap. No worries, J got his mom a really cute slice! It had pink, white, and blue Mickeys. I forgot to take a picture. I think it was a citrusy scent? I loved it! If you haven’t been there, you must check it out. Here is Basin’s website – I was also dying to buy the pumpkin shaped soap, but I restrained myself since I knew we’d be back later that week. http://www.basinwhite.com/soap/

After that, it was LUNCHTIME! Around noon, I started getting hangry. It was hot and I was hungry. My breakfast soup wasn’t holding me over anymore. I explained to J that we could eat at Earl of Sandwich, or Wolfgang Puck Express. Well silly me didn’t realize that WPE was on the Marketplace side. We went into the little tiny WPE that is attached to the big restaurant. I was like “Is this it!?!” but, we were hungry and had no clue. None.

imagejpg2_zps9323bb0b.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsc491cf1d.jpg

imagejpg6_zps553e4b02.jpg

imagejpg7_zps3c847c7c.jpg

So we ordered.. For Justin, a pepperoni pizza (mozzarella, caramelized onions, torn basil, parmesan – hold the onions, $12), chocolate chip cookie ($2), and a Diet Coke ($1.95).

imagejpg8_zps76950f8e.jpg

For me, a pizza margherita (Fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and torn basil, $12), key lime pie ($9!!!!), and a Diet Coke (duh!! $1.95).

imagejpg9_zps94f44fa3.jpg

We ordered inside, but there are only a few tables, so we sat outside. A cast member was fixing the door to the outside patio, using a drill, so that was a wee bit annoying for the first 20 minutes of our meal, but we got over it.

I would say that on any given day, we would have just split the pizza, skipped the dessert, and probably just shared a snack later on. But, I wasn’t gonna pass on the key lime pie. For $9, this was not worth $9. It was good, though! It had a nice graham cracker crust, smooth texture, and a meringue on top. I’m not a huge fan of meringue. I ate about 1/3 of this.

imagejpg3_zpsf8d24b4c.jpg

imagejpg4_zps3fd630bc.jpg

We ate dessert first. Because we were in Disney, and also because our meals took a good 15 minutes to get to us. But that’s okay, because the pizza was great! They were very hot and fresh. We ate about half of ours, J maybe ate 2/3 of his. We boxed it up and took it to go. This would make for a great snack pre-Halloween party!

Our Review: I would go here again. Next time, I would go to the Marketplace WPE, though! The food here was great, but I would’ve probably ordered something different had there been more of a selection. J really enjoyed it. He’s not hard to please, especially when there is pizza involved. So he was definitely satisfied!

The total on this meal was about $40. Without DDP, like I said, I would’ve probably expected it to be about $20 because we would have split the pizza and skipped dessert. But, with the dining plan, we weren’t shy about eating.

After WPE, we moseyed around the Marketplace some more, before catching a bus back to CSR.. it was party time!!

Last edited:
SUNDAY 9/14 - MNSSHP PART 1

We went back to CSR and Justin rested until about 3. You’ll see that this is a recurring theme. I planned for very little mid-day breaks, but we ended up just going with it. Justin likes to nap now and again, but I really don’t, so I would usually just freshen up and tidy up while he napped!

We started to get ready for MNSSHP. We were going as Woody and Jessie from Toy Story! I had found some really cute t-shirts on Amazon for about $20 each. I also had purchased cow print socks (I knew it would be way too cold for long jeans), to kind of replicate her jeans. I also had bought a big red sparkly cow girl Jessie hat with a matching glittery gold bow. Well, it was way too hot for socks, the hat was way too big (how would I ride anything?) and the bow was MIA. So, I brought the socks for when it cooled down, and left the hat and missing bow. Oh well. Justin polished off the remaining ½ of my Wolfgang Puck Express pizza from earlier.

We drove to MK that night. I wanted to leave around 3:15 to make sure we were in the park by 4, but I just couldn’t get my hair to do what I wanted it to, and I REALLY wanted to find that stupid bow – I never did. We left around 3:50.

370FDA97-EE7E-4A23-9169-40F2D7D4AE87_zpshxvwhv8y.jpg

I love seeing this sign! And I especially love the fall decorations!

By 4:18, we were at the TTC and soon after that we had entered the MK! We stopped to get our picture at the train station. Justin suggested we come back later in the evening when it’s dark to get a picture since it was all decorated for fall. Of course!

wd013wdw2014257120061110_zps79f8293a.jpeg

We stopped to take some pictures in front of the castle, too!

wd014wdw2014257120062825_zps3e364187.jpeg

wd019wdw2014257120062830_19_zps80ac23da.jpeg

We had 3 FP’s for tonight that I wasn’t sure if we would use. We had one for It’s a Small World, Peter Pan, and I think Ariel’s Grotto. We walked right onto IASW at 4:50! Justin’s first Disney ride!

After that, we strolled through new Fantasyland waiting for our Peter Pan FP. Justin didn’t understand that these lines were great – so short – and are usually SO LONG! He wanted to see the back of the castle, so we walked over that way. And wouldn’t you know, I ran into a family friend at the fountain right near the entrance to CRT! Kathy used to be an at-home sitter with my grandma. She would come sit with her twice a week for a few hours so she wasn’t alone. It was crazy that we were both there at the same time, and that we ran into each other!

After we chatted and said our goodbyes, we headed back over toward Fantasyland near Liberty Square. We saw that the wait for Haunted Mansion was 10 minutes, so we jumped on that. Then we rode Peter Pan with our FP+ - my favorite! Justin wasn’t himself this day. He kept being a baby about rides – he would keep asking if things “go upside down” or “go really fast”. No, honey, Peter Pan does not go upside down!! Haha.

I was pretty hungry, and since Justin had just eaten some pizza at the resort, we decided to split a Mickey pretzel. I thought we’d grab some QS later in the night. We shared our pretzel with cheese in Frontierland. The girl at the pretzel cart told us we could use 1 snack credit and it would count towards both the pretzel and the cheese. I swear the cheese is the grossest stuff, but Justin didn't mind it.

imagejpg10_zpsb9363ffe.jpg

Then we hopped on Jungle Cruise! No wait at all! We had a crazy skipper named Ashley who was so hilarious and really fit the part. She made the ride so much fun! We decided to trek across to Tomorrowland and ride Space Ranger Spin. Not without some castle pictures first!

CEC02A08-B9B8-44A4-918F-37EBA6480294_zpssvdatf05.jpg

So glad we invested in the Memory Maker, haha.

E4544AD3-C22E-4896-9D62-2E278287453E_zpsi0g8ej2e.jpg

It had no wait at all. I've always liked this ride - but is it bad I can kind of see that it is aging? It was 6:20 when we exited the ride. An hour and a half in the park and we had already been on 5 attractions!

wd023wdw2014257120116569_zpsce74faf5.jpeg

I wanted to line up for the Seven Dwarfs, so we went over that way. We got in line around 6:45. I swear we circled the mine train twice before we finally found them. The line wasn’t too bad. We might have been about 40 people deep, but most of these people were meeting in groups. They came out at 6:50. By 7:15, we were done with our meet and greet! A half an hour well spent!

wd025wdw2014258120155029_zps230ae50f.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm joining in! Can't wait to hear all about the proposal, a Disney engagement is my dream! :lovestruc My boyfriend and I are going in November (staying at Coronado as well) and my fingers are crossed! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:;)

I'm joining in! Can't wait to hear all about the proposal, a Disney engagement is my dream! :lovestruc My boyfriend and I are going in November (staying at Coronado as well) and my fingers are crossed! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes:;)

Yay, thanks for joining!! We really loved Coronado, I hope you guys do too! And fingers crossed - it really is such a magical place! ;)

Joining in as well! My husband proposed to me at MK in November 2010... and we were staying at CSR as well! Great resort for adult only trip IMO. We will not be staying there on our next trip in 2015 for our son's 1st trip, but definitely hope to be back there on future trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter