A trip of Firsts - Halloween Trip Report 2013 (completed 2/2/2014)

Day 5 - Sunday 20th - part 3: Unexpected

After that JJ heads off to get a spot for the Mad T Party which I will be joining her for later. Andrea and I still have some time to kill until our slot for Small World – and seeing the ride is closing for the holiday overlay soon this is something we can’t quite miss. JJ had suggested we go and catch Five and Dime or maybe Newsboys and Goofy’s “Instant Concert, just add water” in the WOC area.

Newsboys are not stopping for their show.

Grrr. Five and Dime to a great performance though.

At the WOC area we wait and wait and wait some more. No fountains, no Goofy.

The Maestro appears about 10 minutes late in the end, but heads for a spot on the upper tier. He waves us over when he sees we've been waiting. Umm… does this mean we are getting pictures with him? Indeed the gesture meant just that.

Goofy just takes photos for some minutes, then heads in again. No fountain show. At the going rate of unlucky things happening today that probably means the Mad T Party stage will break down or something like that.

Back to DLR for the Small World ride. On the way there we bump into officer Blue.

Unfortunately I so messed up the times and didn’t take into account that we are hitting parade time. That means the quick trip over takes significantly longer than expected.

Andrea stays behind to go on a solo picture taking spree while I head back to DCA for Mad T Party. To continue on that unlucky streak Andrea and I have tickets for the Fantasmic Dessert seating that night. JJ has always been raving about T party, but seeing she has to work on Mondays and in Germany usually the big stuff happens Saturdays I figured nothing could go wrong in booking tickets for Sunday. Wrong. So I’ll catch about half of T with JJ, then run back for the dessert seating. Thankfully Andrea is also sweet enough to get in line for the seating.

So… the Mad T Party. As I said before, JJ is a huge Wonderland fan and has been raving about this ever since it replaced ElecTRONica. I had to swear on several very prized items that I was going to avoid all spoilers and I kept to that religiously.

Basically speaking the Hollywood Backlot area is converted in a live party area with the rough theme of Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. There’s an opening ceremony style where you are going through the Rabbit Hole, dancer performances at the House of Cards, Wonderland inspired drinks and so on.

The main attraction however is a live band, the Mad T Party band. They perform sets of about 30 minutes every hour, on the hour. There’s four sets. The Halloween version is quite special because there was something really spooky going on at that time with the band.

The set is nicely done.

Now let me introduce the band.

The lead singer is the Mad Hatter,

the “star of the show” (quote Mr Hatter), the lovely Alice.

They are accompanied by Dormouse

and March Hare on the guitars,

Cheshire Cat on the drums

and the Caterpillar on the keyboard.

Day 5 - Sunday 20th - part 4: Are you ready for some T

I got to admit, I only knew a very tiny number of the songs. But it was an amazing show and a great performance of the band.

JJ seemed a bit worried I wouldn’t like it. So in the break after the first set JJ asks me “what do you think of it?” which leads to yours truly being yours truly and blurting out: “I’m sorry, but I think I am Team Dormouse.” Thank god JJ thinks this is the most funny thing I could possibly have said and bursts out laughing.

So forgive me if the photos are a little heavy with Dormouse and Hatter pictures, I had my reasons. :D

For the Halloween part of the show the characters are slowly beginning to act weird. Someone’s spikes the tea apparently. ;)

The question of the screams is solved too… everyone know “this is Halloween” from Nightmare before Christmas? Yes, some people take “everybody scream” very verbally. :D

[/URL

[URL=http://s109.photobucket.com/user/Queen_Sindel/media/California2013/Day5/mad26_zpsc0f0338f.jpg.html]
]

Day 5 - Sunday 20th - part 5: T continued and Fantasmic

I am actually being targeted by the above mentioned Dormouse for audience interaction with some very interesting results. Unfortunately I have to run off for Fantasmic before things can get really intriguing.

Andrea is already waiting for me at the Rivers of America. I think I must have set a new record – getting out of the T crowd, crossing parks and running there in 8 minutes. And she scored great spots in first row too.

The dessert box luckily is one of the things that have not changed.

Seeing nothing happened at T I half way expect Murphy to have an accident or something like that, but Fantasmic goes through without a hitch.

Day 6 - Monday 21st - part 1: Surfin Safari

Monday. The day of our first Halloween party, and probably our most busy day of the trip.

We start off the morning with Surfs Up Breakfast. This has always been one of our favourites, even before Mickey took over. I still kind of miss Lilo, but the general atmosphere of the restaurant hasnt changed.

Mickey is at the photo stop at the entrance. Isnt he a great lifeguard? We so need a Baywatch: Anaheim spin off. :D

The first character we meet is Stitch.

Then the surfing lessons start.

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos. I was desperately trying not to get anyone else in the picture.

Shot of the buffet area:

A selection of flatbreads, one of my favorite.

Pluto visits next

before we get a double visit by the ladies visiting this morning.

After that were off to the parks, namely to find the Bootstrappers. We promised JJ to take some pictures of them for her. Unfortunately they dont perform on weekends anymore and she rarely gets to go to the parks on a weekday.

On the way to New Orleans Square we quickly stop at Westward Ho to check if their new trading board is out. It is out and a family from San Diego is trading. Their little girl spots my Pascal pin from Paris on my lanyard and gets really excited.

Probably most of the pin traders trading today would have called me crazy. But I am a strong believer in pin trading being a tool of communication between park guests and also a fun way to interact with them and CMs. Its not about who grabs the most expensive pieces of shiny metal in a record time with spending the least amount of money.

Shes genuinely excited, so I offer her to trade. Unfortunately they removed the trading tables at Westward Ho quite a while ago. Lacking alternatives we plop down on the ground of the store to trade. Soon we have a number of cast members standing around us watching. I catch someone saying that they hadnt seen this in a long time. What, people sitting on the floor or an adult trying to brighten a kids day by not brushing her off? ;) She gets a couple of Paris pins she likes and a few of my traders and I get a few of the new California Hidden Mickeys. Both the girl and her mom seem quite happy. In hindsight I should really have given them my e-mail address, but at that point we were really late for the Bootstrappers and had to run.

Day 6 - Monday 21st - part 2: A Pirate's Life for me

The Bootstrappers. A pirate band appearing in the New Orleans Square area.

Pirate photobomb! :D

Pretty catchy tunes. Soon we are all clapping along. Great audience interaction too. I decide to ask for a photo and get permission for one – after all we can’t steal their souls with the camera anymore, someone got there first. ;) That’s what the Captain told me when he saw me taking pictures. :D

You may have noticed my habit to stick the sunglasses on my baseball cap possibly… bad idea when getting too close to pirates. :D

Day 6 - Monday 21st - part 3: Touring

There’s a longer break between the first and the second set. We’re in New Orleans Square… just enough time to nip over to our new favorite place. Off to the Royal Theater!: :D

Back to the second set of the Bootstrappers

This time I kept my sunglasses - but it's really not easy getting a pucture with a pirate!

We’re on the way out when we bump into Tiana. Good thing we were a little early anyway. ;)

After that we’re off to Glendale. We’ve been invited to a shopping trip at Walt Disney Imagineering, followed by a short tour of the Disney Studios.

Party’s sold out for the night!

Our rental car’s a Dodge Avenger, a fact that insanely amused Andrea. I’d probably be more amused if I wouldn’t have to park that thing. The American readers won’t even know what car I am talking about, but I am driving an Opel/Vauxhall Corsa at home. Translates to “shoebox with wheels” per American standard. Under these circumstances driving a Dodge Avenger feels like driving a bus. ;)

We make it to WDI safely and go on a shopping spree. Unfortunately no photography allowed on the WDI grounds, sorry. However, I do have some shots from the Studios.

The Animation Building:

Pretty self explanatory. ;)

And me with the plaque of Anika Noni Rose.

Day 6 - Monday 21st - part 4: Let's get this party started

We left plenty of time to get back to the park for the Halloween party, or so we thought. LA traffic is always bad and mostly unpredictable. We leave the Studios in time to get there with twice as much time as the way to Anaheim should take. Bad mistake. We end up taking pretty much four times as long, and over 20 minutes of the Pre-Trick or Treating in Toontown have passed when we run in. Great. I only wanted to see Roger Rabbit and the sailor chipmunks. :puppy:

Side note: I still don’t quite get why this pre-trick or treating wasn’t really advertised. Okay, there were signs when you entered Disneyland park. But for example, a local friend of mine is also a big character fan. I met him at the DSF event and found out he was going to the party Monday night too. Then after we had parted I realized he may not know about Roger Rabbit appearing. I texted him: “Do you know Roger Rabbit is at the pre-trick or treating in Toontown?” Response I got? “When does that start?” He had no idea, and he lives less than half an hour from the parks.

When we enter Toontown the lines for Trick or Treating have reached interesting lenghths. And of course… Roger is nowhere to be seen. Figures.

We get in line for Mickey and Minnie.

Absolutely adorable costumes.

The line is really long, so Andrea gets in line again because I know Roger and the two are switching out. Andrea meanwhile has a full blown cold and decides not to go sailor munk chasing with me when the dynamic duo suddenly runs out of a backstage exit.

I trail after them on my own and finally manage to corner them with the help of another family. “You from the left, me from the right… then they’ll have to stop.” :D

Witches and a Warlock near the main candy line.

Aaand…. Roger Rabbit!

I swear we are trying to pose there. :D

As soon as he comes out the line pretty much disappears. I can understand of course if you really want to see Mickey and Minnie in that outfit. But that’s Roger Rabbit! :o

At that point we have missed the regular opening of the party anyway and still haven’t met Clarabelle. We decide to join the Donald/Pluto line, there should be one more switch and if we get that done we can concentrate on the regular party characters on Wednesday.

The timing is right, we are one of the last people to see Clarabelle and Goofy. Clarabelle is totally over the moon that I had drawn her.

She takes the drawing to an area with more light to sign it properly. Meanwhile dancing music comes on, so Goofy decides we may as well take the hint.

Clarabelle wants to show off the drawing.

and both together.

That leaves Donald and Pluto.

Day 6 - Monday 21st - part 5: Party on

Going out we hit the candy line at the old Fantasy Faire area, then head for the princesses. Snow White. Maybe we’re taking up stalking training again? ;)

With the sun away it starts getting quite cold and I can tell Andrea is feeling miserable. She really wanted a photo with Perry the Platypus, so we head for Innovations. The line to get in takes forever. Oddly enough while everyone seems to want candy the line for the photo stop is less than 10 people deep. We’re lucky and Phineas and Ferb are leaving pretty much when we get in line and Perry comes out.

After a spin on Buzz I convince Andrea to go back to the hotel. It’s a shame to leave a lot of the party ticket unused, but I can tell she really is doing bad and it’s no fun being at a loud and crowded party then. I survive Paris alone, I can cope.

When I go back to the Royal Theater Pocahontas is out. Unfortunately the line at that point is over an hour, no chance I’ll see her. Okay, I’ll try later.

Another goal I had was a photo with Chip and Dale in pirate outfits at Pirate Palooza. Those who have read my Halloween 2012 trip report might remember me beating myself up over missing the pumpkin pirates there, and me being so sad when they were the only characters not dressed as pirates for the Neverland Brunch.

Now the problem at Pirate Palooza is… it’s not an official photo stop. You got to get lucky with a character reacting to you and coming over to get a photo. And you got to have a photographer on hand. I tried later after catching up with two friends of mine, and Doug didn’t react on time to get my photo with Goofy – the CM handling the line then told me they can’t take any pictures because “we got to keep you guys moving.” Maybe not put distracting characters in the way then? ;)

Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself. Again the candy line is insanely long. But when I get around the corner to the character area there is… a chipmunk, along with a pirate friend of his.

The pirate friend is insanely amused by my outfit. Maybe you could already tell from the Donald/Pluto shot, I have a bunny nose going along with those ears. They’re happy to pose for a photo.

I quickly jump on the chance and ask for a picture with them.

Unfortunately the shot is slightly blurry, but I was way too glad the woman behind me took it at all.

Even more lucky… Chip comes over too!

After that I catch up with the friends I mentioned above, Doug and his girlfriend Mel. They are waiting for Rabbit at Pooh’s Meeting Spot, but unfortunately Rabbit doesn’t come out. On the way there I do quickly listen to the Cadaver Dans (a really fun idea). Too much fog in that area though, the pictures so don’t turn out.

With Doug and Mel I hit some of the candy lines before we part ways again. They want to get a spot for the fireworks while I want to get in line for the villains early. You can still catch an okay sight of the fireworks from the train station, I can live with that.

The group that comes out is Maleficent, the Evil Queen and Jafar – with Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters following the carriage. Drizella starts hassling the girl next to me about a gift she got from her friend. I dish out my drawing (I had kept these aside just in case I managed to stop them) and tell her “I have a gift for you” “For me?” “Yes, for you.” “I get to keep this?” Nod, nod. She thanks me and runs off yelling for her mother, waving her gift. The CM handing the line laughs. “You made her day.” Yeah, that’s quite possible. :D On the way out she and Anastasia start fighting over the drawing. Well it wasn’t that I wouldn’t have had one for the other sister… ;)

The first villain I meet is the Evil Queen.

Second one is Maleficent.

She gets to sign a drawing and as soon as she sees is she asks “Where’s mine?” Oops. The second tough sketch I brought would be in the hotel because I was actually aiming to meet the Facilier group. *tries to look innocent and miserably fails* “I can do one for you too and bring it for you Wednesday. Now that I met your majesty in person again I am sure I can do an even better one.” *flutters eyelashes* Maleficent grants me a temporary pardon and I get a reprieve until Wednesday. NOW WHERE DID I LEAVE THOSE PENCILS???

Last villain is Jafar, who unfortunately can’t sign his drawing as it is too dark.

I heard a couple of comments lately about visitors being unhappy with Photopass shots. I can’t say I noticed too many problems during our trip, but the Villains photos were the ones I was least happy with by far. Some really blurry and out of focus.

Back to the Royal Theater. I am in line for about 10 minutes when Pocahontas arrives. A CM assures me it’s less than 20 minutes at that point and I will see her, otherwise he will get my drawing signed for me. While in line I have my backpack down for a moment when I hear someone going “Oh look, Stitch’s girlfriend!” No, that’s not Lilo there, that’s Poca… then I realize she’s pointing at me. I am wearing an Angel hoodie with Angel on the back and I have the backpack off. Oops. :P

Remember that little blurb earlier about foiled plans? I end up missing Pocahontas by 6 people when they cut off the set because the costume cavalcade is starting, and of course the princesses are in it. Aarrrrgh!!! At least I get a little pixie dust when the CM keeps his promise. He takes my drawing to her. I see Pocahontas talking to him, and then she comes over to me, drawing in hand. :o I don’t get a photo, but she takes the time to talk to me for a bit at the barrier. She even asks me to spell my name because she’s just learning how to write and still has some difficulties, then she puts it on the autograph. When every second word coming out of my mouth is “thank you” she tells me that it was a pleasure for her because she can tell I’ve been drawing with all the colors of my heart. I shall not burst out into tears in front of princesses. I shall not burst into tears in front of a princess. When she hugs me I come pretty close to breaking that statement.

As it’s only 6 people and I already stood this long I decide to forget about the parade and watch it Wednesday.

The last princess group is Tiana, Snow White and Belle. Yeah, it had to be Snow White now, right? :D

I do a cursory check of the other character lines, but as it’s nearing the end of the night every line is closed already. So I wrap up the day and head back to the hotel. Tomorrow we’re actually spending half of the day off site, I need some sleep.

Day 7 - Tuesday 22nd - part 1: Wild Wild West

We’re going off site this morning! I know, I know – shock and horror. :D

Me with our temporary baby.

Our destination is the Melody Movie Ranch, a small filming studio with some nice outdoor sets. Besides the TV shows Deadwood and the Magnificent Seven some scenes of Django Unchained were also filmed there.

They also have a very interesting museum there including a ton of vehicles.

After that we have to make another Target stop. I need more drawing supplies that expected – the picture is for Maleficent after all, it has to be just right.

Back to the parks. At Town Square there’s someone we haven’t seen this trip so far… Cruella!

We want to check out the Carnival again.

Woody and Jessie are meeting at the entrance.

Someone’s trying to sneak in with us for the Conjure a Villain thing. ;)

The villain we conjure is… Cruella!

Staring contest… the one time I don’t have the right villain pin on my lanyard… ><

Awesome. One can never have enough photos with Miss DeVil!

Day 7 - Tuesday 22nd - part 2: The Devil went down to Georgia

Some more photos of the carnival. They’re doing so much great stuff with those pumpkins.

Our dinner is at Big Thunder Barbecue. All you can eat. We got addicted to this barbecue chicken on the trip two years ago.

The stage:

Miss Chris and her ranch hand entertaining the crowd.

Food:

On the last visit there our friend Jackie was with us, and we had a running joke with our server going “more chicken!” all the time because we just kept digging through. So I took a picture of our left over buckets and sent it to her going “more chicken!” :D Jackie couldn’t be with us that day, but she’s going to be guest starring in the next day’s instalment.

After the meal it’s just about time for the day’s last performance of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.

Fighting the Devil in Georgia:

I am really glad we caught them for one last time. Andrea and I were both incredibly sad to hear they were going away when we got home. Yes, the shows have been incredibly corny. But that was so part of the fun.

Night time impressions:

After a visit to the Tiki Room and a ride on Jungle Cruise (sorry, no pictures - the boat was packed and we sat in the middle) we call it a night quite early. Andrea’s cold is getting worse and I need to get that drawing finished.

Day 8 - Wednesday 23rd - part 1: Under the Sea I

Jackie’s coming in for most of the morning. I’ve mentioned it to some of you before: she’s getting married on Saturday and her wedding was one of the reasons why we were hitting California again instead of the WDW trip that had been in the planning stages for a while.

I just about get the drawing finished when she arrives. We’re meeting at the hotel first so she can drop off pins she got me. Yeah, there’s still a pin hunter hiding in that character fan. ;)

Jackie has never been to the Princess meet, so seeing the line is short this is our first stop. Cinderella and two surprise princesses… which happen to be Ariel and Snow White. Double whammy on Ariel seeing we are having late lunch at Ariel’s Grotto and meanwhile even Jackie starts laughing about me seeing Snow White so often.

Cinderella signing a photo from Paris:

On our way to Haunted Mansion we bump into the Bootstrappers.

After a ride on Haunted Mansion

and a pumpkin shot:

We’re off to California Adventure. Jackie’s getting her late Bachelorette Party at a place she hasn’t visited yet: We’re taking her to Ariel’s Grotto.

As we’re a little early we check out the Pier area. Duffy is on a break, but we are very delighted to find Donald out and about.

He really liked his drawing. :D

At Ariel’s Grotto of course we meet our lovely host Ariel first.

The current menu – which has slightly changed since Martin and Amy visited:

Gone is the appetizer tower, it’s choice between soup and salad now.

Starter bread:

Aurora and Cinderella visit before our starters arrive.

Good thing Cindy was around at Fantasy Faire – as nice as the setting at Ariel’s Grotto is, it’s sometimes really not easy to take photos there.

Day 8 - Wednesday 23rd - part 1.5 - Under the Sea II

Starter soup and salad. The soup choices given were clam chowder and potato soup. I can’t remember for the life of me what Jackie chose, but on the picture it looks a little more like the potato soup.

Snow White visits…

followed by Belle

We’re quite surprised when an announcement is made that we’ll have a very special guest visiting… are we going to be seeing Mulan after all? *looks hopeful* No, it’s someone completely different, someone we met at our first ever visit at Ariel’s Grotto and never met again. Princess Minnie is stopping by!

People around us were looking at us like we had gone crazy because Jackie and I both started bouncing on our chairs after that announcement. :D

Despite all excitement we even managed to position her right for the light not to disturb the pictures.

Main courses .

Angel hair pasta with shrimp.

Barbecue Tri Tip. So good!

And our shared dessert platter for three.

With stomachs full and happy grin we go for a ride on Toy Story Mania.

Buzz is out at a slightly different meeting place then both Jackie and I remember.

After that Jackie has to leave for a bit to pick the kids up from school. But she’ll be back later to join me for the Halloween party. Andrea’s cold is getting more and more bad, plus Wednesday is Arrow time on US TV. I can’t really blame her that the TV is more tempting than the party. Though of course that means I’ll be off to Toontown again as Jackie’s dying to meet Roger Rabbit too. :D

I go back with Andrea to the hotel for a bit and gather my drawings and put the finishing touches on the Maleficent drawing. Must not forget that one under any circumstances!!

Just read through your TR and loved it! You take great pictures. Can't wait for more updates. :)

Just read through your TR and loved it! You take great pictures. Can't wait for more updates. :)

Thank you very much.

Yes, there's still some more days to come, including one Halloween party visit.

Day 8 - Wednesday 23rd - part 2: let's pretend we're bunny rabbits!

The line at back check when I go back to the parks is already pretty significant. Maybe word about the pre-trick or treating is finally out on the street?

I stop by and do some pin trading on the way to Toontown. There’s a nice manager who just comes out from backstage with a lanyard full of Hidden Mickeys in the Disney Gallery – yay! We have a nice chat about the difference of Pariscast refreshers and Hidden Mickeys.

Photo at the one Halloween-y photo stop they kept up through the day in Town Square:

Half an hour before start of pre trick or treating there’s already a sizeable line at the Toontown gates. I get in line and wait for Jackie who’s now stuck trying to get in the parking structure. The couple behind me wonders where to go to meet Roger. Follow me, guys. :D When we are being let in I am third in line for Roger, but end up letting people go in front of me until Jackie finally runs in.

There’s some very happy bunnies there.

Switch to the second line – Jackie hasn’t met Clarabelle yet. Clarabelle remembers me from Monday.

When it’s Jackie’s turn Clarabelle spots her Trick or Treat bag which is almost empty. Upon telling her that we went for the important stuff – means seeing her and Goofy – first she grabs Jackie’s bag and goes trick or treating for us!

Meanwhile the chipmunks have been running out from backstage.

From very happy bunnies to very happy chipmunks. :D Chipmunk hugs are just the best hugs.

With the Halloween witches:

Roger’s line very much clears when the CM announces Roger will be leaving soon. As it doesn’t seem common knowledge Mickey and Minnie will be coming we’re getting right back in line and see them pretty much straight away.

That leaves us with the Donald and Pluto line and it’s not even official party opening time yet. Jackie wants me to go first. I whisper to Pluto that it’s Jackie’s wedding on Saturday and she bailed on her husband to see him. Cue Pluto running up to Jackie to prove that Pluto hugs beat chipmunks hugs:

:D

Remaining photos:

Having done our photos we leave the party to head for the Royal Theater. Jackie hasn’t met Pocahontas yet either, so she doesn’t mind trying for her.

Day 8 - Wednesday 23rd - part 3: Colors of the Wind

The first set has Snow White again, but when I ask the CM at the front of the line he says Pocahontas is coming in 5 minutes and if we want we can step aside and wait. Want, want, want. *nods nods*

5 minutes later he comes up to us and tells us Pocahontas is running a little late, do we mind waiting. No, we still don’t. 15 more minutes later a female CM comes out from backstage and asks: “Where’s the lady waiting for Pocahontas?” Uh-oh. That's about the last thing you want to hear in a situation like that. :puppy: Turns out Pocahontas is running even more late and won’t be there before her second set almost an hour later. But they are nice, we’re being told we can just come to the front then seeing we’ve already been through the line.

Off to Tomorrowland – there is a rumor Darth Vader would be at the Star Wars photo stop. No, it’s more Stormtroopers.

It takes ages to get inside of Innovations again… and again almost no one at the photo stop. If at least the Trick or Treat trail that used to hand out Ghiradelli was in there I could kind of understand the size of that line. :D

Perry is just about to leave after we’ve seen him

so we quickly nip back in line to see Phineas and Ferb too.

No sir, we haven’t been here 10 minutes ago. I am sure you are mistaking us for someone else. *whistles*

We just have a little more time to have a look at the Pirates stop. Unfortunately we have to leave because Jack is taking his time and it’s already after the time when we were told Pocahontas would arrive.

Back to the Royal Theater. Still no Pocahontas. Someone really doesn’t like us today.

We go and check Pooh’s Corner because Jackie hasn’t seen Rabbit yet. He’s not due out again until 10 PM though which doesn’t help us right now. After watching the Cadaver Dans we go to collect some Candy in the Saloon treat area. The pirates photo stop has Peter Pan and gang, but just like Jack they are taking their time and we have to leave because our last chance for Pocahontas is coming up.

We sit down for a bit until the next group enters. Cinderella and Aurora. Not. Foiled. Plans. Again!!! But thankfully… half a minute later Pocahontas rushes in after them. Strike!

The CM at the entrance asks us if we still want to meet the other princesses. Hey, I am focussed, but I am not that rude to simply bypass the others.

For some insane reason the below "Happiest Haunts" border is the only one slightly Halloween related border Photopass is offering for Halloween party photos.

Then at long last…

The girls together:

She was really great. Remembered me from Monday and seemed really touched by all the efforts we made. She even asked me if I came by boat all the way from Germany.

I'm enjoying your trip report! Your enthusiasm for character meets is impressive!

How far from Disneyland Paris do you live? (I just thought to look and see you live in Germany) I'm planning my first trip there the end of September. The planning is a little daunting. Do you usually stay on property when in Paris?

Can't wait to see the rest of your trip report!

Thank you. :)

I'm a little more than 4 hours away from Disneyland Paris. The exact time depends on me or my boyfriend driving. ;)

We're not usually on property, no. We're AP holders, so unless there's a real good offer fior AP holders on property doesn't make much sense. The prices for AP holders are not as discounted as in the US parks.

There's a couple of decent hotels in Val D'Europe where we stay pretty often. Also sometimes you can get good offers for the Disney partner hotels if you book through sites like Expedia or the hotel websites direct.

If there's anything I can help you with regarding planning let me know, I'll be happy to help where I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter