A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

First was Frontierland, and I have to say, this picture DOES NOT portait how busy it was that day, or at least how busy it felt.
Seems like Frontierland is always crazy packed. Our park strategies usually put us there in the afternoon so I know that doesn't help but I seem to think of that area of the park as about the most generally congested area but still being a distant second to that Plaza to Crystal Palace to Castle to entrance area just before and just after fireworks.
There was this really cute interior room. Which had 2 people just chillin' and chatting. Probably just avoiding the crowds, cause you can't see anything when you are in there.
Quiet spots to sit and chat are few and far between!
Morgan loved the Hei Hei cone as well.
That looks great! I haven't seen those before!

That looks great! I haven't seen those before!
It is fairly new.. you have to wait in the regular line now for it, but I feel like that line moves fairly quickly. And it is super fun. It is Pineapple Dole Whip and Raspberry Dole Whip.

Seems like Frontierland is always crazy packed. Our park strategies usually put us there in the afternoon so I know that doesn't help but I seem to think of that area of the park as about the most generally congested area but still being a distant second to that Plaza to Crystal Palace to Castle to entrance area just before and just after fireworks.
So true! We have rope dropped Peter Pan and then head to Frontierland right after, and it works out well.

Maybe this picture of all of the people wedged onto the Tom Sawyer Raft does?
https://flic.kr/p/2g21pi1

I don't know if I would get on that raft. I mean, I don't like tight spaces and especially on a small raft on the water!

Wait, wait, wait...what is that? I have never seen at in the Magic Kingdom before. I'm booking a trip for next week! haha

While we were enjoying our treats, this duck just kind of waddles past us. And Gwen became obessed with it.

Of course! Disney Ducks are the best!

And this turned out to be REALLY hard!!!! I ended up having to do an internet search to find where most of them were.

They are SO hard to find! We googled it too and still found them hard to spot!

As we sat, we could see the Liberty Bell Boat going by, and decided to go ride that. Since we had never done that before!

We haven't done this either. Sounds like a nice relaxing ride!

It's so fun to try new things at Disney!

As we were nearing the end, I wanted to check out the inside of the boat as well.
Interior Room
I never knew this room existed! :confused3:laughing:

Probably just avoiding the crowds, cause you can't see anything when you are in there.
Ahhh, maybe that's why!

Isn't the LB such a nice, relaxing way to take a little break from heat and/or crowds?! Some of the pictures really did show how crowded it was that day. The snacks looked yummy! I'm thinking of trying a Hei Hei cone - but mostly because of the novelty, I'm not sure much of it actually appeals to me taste-wise :rotfl:

Catching up!!

(Just a little behind the scenes at how I keep track of our timeline sometimes. The girls will notice me taking a weird picture and ask my why I took a picture of whatever random thing I snapped! HA

I do this!! It's all for the reports, LOL. Gotta keep that timeline fresh in your mind, right??

So, after striking out at Barnstormer and It's a Small World, I suggested we try and find the Pascals by the Tangled Bathrooms. And the girls instantly got into this idea!

I always forget about this! We'll find one or two if we're over there, but we never commit to trying for all of them. Wow, some of them really blend in

You get an amazing view of the Haunted Mansion from the boat (and Tom Sawyer Island for that matter)

This is my favorite part of Tom Sawyer's Island, and I love the views you get from the boat as well.

Doing something new each visit is always a goal of mine...At MK I still need to do Astro Orbiter, Fairytale Hall, and some of the other character meets (like Merida and Peter Pan, and a few others) We checked the boat off a couple years ago, and I didn't know why I waited so long - it was a relaxing little cruise (although we went on a cold rainy day, LOL - I do want a weather redo on it)

I managed to get my work computer hooked up to the pool wifi! And I have half an hour to type up a post! Let's see how far I get. So, if I stop kind of awkwardly, that's why!
Score!!! I tried to do that while Casey was at swim lessons last week and it took me so long to get the wifi connected I didn't even bother to do anything.

So, as we were eating lunch we could see the Liberty Bell going around. And I could see it slowly coming around the bend to park. So, I said we should get moving and hop on this round. So, we cleaned up our table and headed out.
Your liberty bell experience in February was much better than our May excursion. Imagine trying to escape the same crowds only to be inundated by love bugs. Gross!!! 🐛🐛🐛

Maybe this picture of all of the people wedged onto the Tom Sawyer Raft does?
Yup! That is what I remember. INSANE!!!

Great picture. If I'd stopped running my mouth for 30 seconds I probably could have seen the same view myself.

We met up in our "secret spot" and shared our treats.
I feel so in the know that I know where the secret spot is!

We really enjoyed our ride on the belle. And I am glad we did it, it was on of the last couple things that we had never done before. And we will def do it again on a really not day or busy day, for sure!

I have never ridden on the Belle either. I really enjoyed all the interesting things y'all saw while ridding. Maybe someday we'll take the time to do this.

We met up in our "secret spot" and shared our treats.

Your treats look really good. I like some sweet after my salty and some salty after my sweet.

I may have to try the candied bacon one of these trips!
It is def worth trying if you like bacon... Probably not a good snack for Andi, though...

I don't know if I would get on that raft. I mean, I don't like tight spaces and especially on a small raft on the water!
I feel like the raft doesn't feel that crowded. Hopefully?

Wait, wait, wait...what is that? I have never seen at in the Magic Kingdom before. I'm booking a trip for next week! haha
YES!!! Gwen is a bacon lover, so when I saw this I KNEW we had to try it. It is in frontierland, across from Country Bears, one kiosk sells only churros, and then the other, more building like has the bacon and hot dogs.

They are SO hard to find! We googled it too and still found them hard to spot!
I KNOW!!! It sounds like most haven't found the last one. Crazy.

I'm thinking of trying a Hei Hei cone - but mostly because of the novelty, I'm not sure much of it actually appeals to me taste-wise :rotfl:
Ha. I know. I want to try the Peter Pan float but I keep forgetting about it! There is too much Ice cream to try in MK right now!

Wow, some of them really blend in
the tree one was really hard to see!

Doing something new each visit is always a goal of mine...At MK I still need to do Astro Orbiter, Fairytale Hall, and some of the other character meets (like Merida and Peter Pan, and a few others)
Oh, Peter Pan, we haven't met him yet. I do like doing something new each time. Or at least something we hadn't done in awhile.

I totally forgot about the candied bacon, looks delish!
It was. And totally sharable.

Your liberty bell experience in February was much better than our May excursion. Imagine trying to escape the same crowds only to be inundated by love bugs. Gross!!! 🐛🐛🐛
Yuck, for sure! Morgan would have holed herself up in that interior room just to get away from them!

I feel so in the know that I know where the secret spot is!
I guess it isn't that secret when I keep posting about it. Actually, in May they had tables in the half moons, and they suddenly didn't feel so secret anymore... Somehow the tables made it more obvious as places to sit!

I have never ridden on the Belle either. I really enjoyed all the interesting things y'all saw while ridding. Maybe someday we'll take the time to do this.
it was nice. We won't do it every trip but will def do it again on a busy day.

So, as we were eating lunch we could see the Liberty Bell going around. And I could see it slowly coming around the bend to park. So, I said we should get moving and hop on this round. So, we cleaned up our table and headed out.

We walked over and waited only a minute or two for them to open up the gates to let eveyone on the boat. Perfect timing!
I love the Liberty Belle too and made sure to ride it on my super busy MK day in March.
Gwen LOVED this. She is a salty girl through and through and this is her go to snack now. (while it lasts, of course)
Love the look on her face....bacon heaven!!!!
Morgan loved the Hei Hei cone as well.
Looks so good! Glad she loved it!

Day Five: Splashing through the rest of our day

I think I left off with our snacks and heading to Splash Mountain. We used our fastpasses and were on the ride in no time.

SM_Bridge
I always love the first little drop.

SM_Brier Bear

SM_Rabbit

SM_Bear Tail
I remembered reading about the terrible TERRIBLE Horrible thing that the hear had no tail... But everyone can sign with relief that he has his tail back!

Can I just tell you HOW wet I got?!?! I have NEVER gotten so wet on this ride!!!! Most of it came from after the big drop, with those water that shoots up to make it look worse than the splash is. Must have been on high that day!
Splash Mountain Drop

SM_Ride Photo
Morgan wanted to do bunny ears on Andy on the way down but it didn't work out so great... Not sure what Andy and Gwen are doing..

SM_Aftermath
This is us after the ride. I was soaked!

Next we headed over to use our Big Thunder Mountain Fast Pass. And hopefully air dry off a bit.

Untitled
This is the only picture from the ride... so... enjoy! And your welcome!

Big Thunder was fun as always. I was able to get us a 4th fast pass for It's a Small World. So we headed there next.

Happiest Cruise
We were soon on the Happiest Cruise...

Although, it wasn't the happiest cruise. We had a family behind us who were so rude! They had two rows and just kept talking about how this ride was terrible and how it was a waste of a fast pass. And then the guys in the 3rd row tried to splash the family members in the 2nd row. And instead got US wet! It was truely annoying and probably the first out right TERRIBLE family expierence we have ever had.

SW_London
But regardless, we tried to enjoy ourselves and ignore the family as much as possible.

SW_Clowns
The creapy clown!

SW_Goodbye
Goodbye Rude Family!

I didn't want that to be how we ended our day, so we went and did Mickey's Philharmonic.

I always love this, even if it desperatly needs updated. Gwen and I talked about how the gold frame from the begining disappears and we decided to try and really focus on the frame and see what happens to it.

We ended up fairly close to the screen but it was fine. We didn't really figure it out complety. But we enjoyed the show as always.

And it was now time to head out!

We headed out, and I don't think we stopped. I think the parade was happening, so we did have to wade our way through the crowds.

Monorail
But we made it to the Monorail and didn't even wait!

And we were on our way!
Monorail Space Mountan

Monorail Contemporary
Our stop at the Contemporary...

And soon enough we were at the Poly and seeing this beautiful lobby.
Poly Lobby

Polly Lobby

I realized that I had packed our magic bands for this portion of our stay. And I just wanted to make sure that the ones we had would work on the door. So, we headed downstairs to the check in area. There was no one there, so I walked up and asked about it.

The CM was earning her ears, so it took a little while. But they made sure at least my band would work.

While I was doing that, the girls and Andy were admiring the Tiki Statue.
Tiki God

Tiki God w M&G
And Andy managed to get a decent photo of the ladies.

Hidden Mickey
Gwen was SUPER excitied about finding a midden Mickey!!!

Morgan took a picture of me and Andy
Tiki God A&A

And then we headed to dinner. I had wanted to check out the room, but we didn't have enough time.

Up next Ohana!

Day Five: Ohana!!!

We headed up to Ohana and checked in. I believe they took my cell phone number and said they would text me when they were ready. Gwen said she had to go to the bathroom. So I took her and while we were in the bathroom, I while we were in there we got the text message! Why do they do this?

Gwen and I came back up and we were seated. They brought us over to the far end and I have to say, it wasn't a great spot. We were kind of away from the main action, which I guess for some might be nice. But regardless, we did enjoy our meal.

Ohana_Bread
Ohana Pineapple-Coconut Bread
First the bread! I was starving by now, but I refrained from eating it to save room for the good stuff! But Andy and Morgan def had some.

Speaking of starving, Gwen was def HANGRY by now. She refused to eat the bread for some reason.

Our waiter came over and took our drink orders.

I obviously ordered this:
Ohana_Lapu Lapu
Lapu Lapu
Myers’s Original Dark Rum and Tropical Fruit Juices served in a fresh Pineapple topped with Goslings 151 Rum
The Lapu Lapu! So good!

I was going to try and order the girls drinks in the pineapples, but they didn't seem that intrested. Gwen ordered water because she said she didn't know what she wanted. And Morgan had water as well.

Ohana_Backstracher
Dragon Iced Tea

Hendrick’s Gin, Lemon and Ginger Herbal Tea, Tropical Juices, and Blood Orange
Andy ordered the Dragon Iced Tea, I labled this as the Backstracker, but I don't think that is what he got. He said it was ok.

Soon they also brought us our salad.
Ohana_Salad
Mixed Greens Salad with a Lilikoi dressing
This I have to say was very disappointing! This wasn't the same from our last trip, and it was fine but nothing great. I remember really liking the salad last time. But that is ok, it wasn't what we came there for.

And VERY quickly came out this plate of goodness!
Ohana Apps
Pork Dumplings tossed in Garlic-Ginger Sauce
served with Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces
and
Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings
served with Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces
Teriyaki Noodles
Stir-fried Vegetables

This is what I came here for! They also gave us two dipping sauces for the meats... But I have to say the peanut sauce was AMAZING with the noodles! I seriously could just eat this platter, and I probably ate a lot to that.

Ohana_Gwen dinner
We were trying to get Gwen to eat, and she was just not having it. Typical Hangry Gwen.. The waiter did offer her chicken fingers and french fries and she said she wanted that instead.

It took awhile but eventurally they brought out this platter for Gwen:
Ohana_Gwen's food
And she was MUCH happier.

Ohana_Food!! & M
They started bringing meats around almost immediately as we got our "appatizers" But we were hungry so we didn't really care.

Morgan loves beef, so she loaded up on the beef skewers. So, did Andy. I am sure I had some of all 3 Chicken, Beef and Shrimp. I have to say the Shrimp is my least favorite. It tends to be over cooked to me. The beef can be hit or miss in how well cooked it is, as well. But still yummy..

We stuffed ourselves silly. It was all yummy. Our waiter was a little lack luster, but not terrible.

And then it was time for dessert.
Ohana_Bread Pudding
‘Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode
topped with Caramel Sauce and Bananas
This seemed like a small portion for 4 people, but... it really wasn't. we were so full already that we didn't need much. I don't think I really ate that much. I think Andy and Morgan polished most of it off between the two of them.

I think they brought out the kid rice krispee treats as well. I have no photographic evidence of it, though.

Dinner was great but we were ready to check out our room! So, we got the check paid, and headed out.

Up Next we checked out the room!

Although, it wasn't the happiest cruise. We had a family behind us who were so rude! They had two rows and just kept talking about how this ride was terrible and how it was a waste of a fast pass. And then the guys in the 3rd row tried to splash the family members in the 2nd row. And instead got US wet! It was truely annoying and probably the first out right TERRIBLE family expierence we have ever had.

Ugh that's super annoying. I wish some people could realize that they don't need to share their annoying opinions with the whole world!

This I have to say was very disappointing! This wasn't the same from our last trip, and it was fine but nothing great. I remember really liking the salad last time. But that is ok, it wasn't what we came there for.

I felt the same way. I used to love the salad and I didn't like this at all.

This is what I came here for! They also gave us two dipping sauces for the meats... But I have to say the peanut sauce was AMAZING with the noodles! I seriously could just eat this platter, and I probably ate a lot to that.

Ugh I dream about those noodles!

SM_Ride Photo
Morgan wanted to do bunny ears on Andy on the way down but it didn't work out so great... Not sure what Andy and Gwen are doing..
Is Gwen dabing and Andy "yelling" at her for some reason?

Untitled
This is the only picture from the ride... so... enjoy! And your welcome!
Great picture! Really captures the excitement of the ride.

It was truely annoying and probably the first out right TERRIBLE family expierence we have ever had.
I sincerely apologize for ruining your sea voyage and will try and be on better behavior next time.

I obviously ordered this:
Obviously! Cause when you have a chance to get a rum drink in a pineapple it really is law that it be ordered.

Ohana_Salad
Looks like they forgot to actually put mixed greens plural in there. Looks like its all just spinach.

47925450311_458a6bfbb7_z.jpg
Oh yum!!! I've only eaten at Ohana once 20+ years ago, which I'm thinking means I've never really eaten there. I don't have that much of a desire to eat there, except fo this plate of goodness. I could eat wings and noodles and potstickers for days!!! They'd have to wheel me out of there with hangry Gwen.

Wow, you did get soaked on Splash! It's funny how hit-or-miss that ride is.

I can't believe you got splashed on Small World, too! What a rude thing for them to do.

Dinner at 'Ohana was a lovely way to kick off your start at the Poly. That bread pudding looks divine.

Ugh I dream about those noodles!
Right!?! And it's funny because, they are just noodles, they shouldn't be that good. They must mix in Disney magic into them or something.

s Gwen dabing and Andy "yelling" at her for some reason?
You are correct. I believe it is stanged yelling but yup. And now that I think about it, I am pretty sure there was a whole back story with it that they came up with.

Great picture! Really captures the excitement of the ride.
Ha! I know! :rotfl2: Great trip reporting

sincerely apologize for ruining your sea voyage and will try and be on better behavior next time.
I mean I wasn't going to tell them it was YOU!!! ;)

Looks like they forgot to actually put mixed greens plural in there. Looks like its all just spinach.
It was literally lettuce those weird asian things on top and dressing. Week salad. Ohana mailing in the salad these days.

Oh yum!!! I've only eaten at Ohana once 20+ years ago, which I'm thinking means I've never really eaten there. I don't have that much of a desire to eat there, except fo this plate of goodness. I could eat wings and noodles and potstickers for days!!! They'd have to wheel me out of there with hangry Gwen.
We should have gone here!!!! We will never get a reservation for her. I actually have one for us to try and eat with Andy's Sister and family later in the week with literally NO alerts AT ALL on it. But I am not surprised by it. We are going to Spice Road instead and I am looking forward to it. Have you guys been there yet?

I can't believe you got splashed on Small World, too! What a rude thing for them to do
They didn't even appolagize or anything, either. They were literally the typical self absorbed family not realizing there is anyone else around them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter