A Toddlers First Trip, Characters, Deluxe Dining & Family Photos

Joining! I am really enjoying your TR so far.

That can't be good with the haircut. I know I would not be a happy camper. My mother-in-law cut my son's hair for the 1st time w/out my permission and screwed it up. I was beyond angry, lol.

joining! Sounds like for the most part things went smoothly traveling down which is always nice.

"This video was information that I felt was something people should have already knew." ... sad thing is a bet there were people on the bus that were all "huh? Four parks?" :rotfl:

I've heard/read some mixed things about the entree's at Via Napoli but nothing but rave reviews about their pizza - including from Italians or, even harder to please when it comes to pizza, New Yorkers :lmao:

That can't be good with the haircut. I know I would not be a happy camper. My mother-in-law cut my son's hair for the 1st time w/out my permission and screwed it up. I was beyond angry, lol.

LOL! My step-mother cut my daughter's hair while she was babysitting her one day, without my permission, too! she was 18 months old and we were getting her 18 month pictures the next week- I was so peeved! It was the worst haircut! She said she just couldn't stand to see her hair in her eyes and hacked away at the front giving her the worst 'bangs' I've seen. Uneven and too short. She claimed she was giving her a 'pixie' cut. uh huh.

LOL! My step-mother cut my daughter's hair while she was babysitting her one day, without my permission, too! she was 18 months old and we were getting her 18 month pictures the next week- I was so peeved! It was the worst haircut! She said she just couldn't stand to see her hair in her eyes and hacked away at the front giving her the worst 'bangs' I've seen. Uneven and too short. She claimed she was giving her a 'pixie' cut. uh huh.

LOL, awwww. That really just stinks. I had to stay away from the house for a couple of days. I was that mad and it took a while for me to get over it. I took a picture of him so I can show him when he is older and than we can laugh about it. The bad haircut made him look like a girl, lol.

Thanks! I bet you were beyond angry when she cut your son's hair. I think that grandmother's (both mom's and MIL's) think they can get away with anything because it's their grandchildren and they've been there, done that. :confused3 I think they mean well...

joining! Sounds like for the most part things went smoothly traveling down which is always nice.

"This video was information that I felt was something people should have already knew." ... sad thing is a bet there were people on the bus that were all "huh? Four parks?" :rotfl:

I've heard/read some mixed things about the entree's at Via Napoli but nothing but rave reviews about their pizza - including from Italians or, even harder to please when it comes to pizza, New Yorkers :lmao:

You're right. I bet some people don't even realize there are four parks. :eek: But with all of the information they send out prior to the trip, it's like they were once again giving a lot of the same info. Did you like the old video more than the current one?

Oh no!!!!! I was told by the manager at the Yacht Club that we would look back at the whole first haircut experience and laugh about it. Not so sure I will laugh about it because he was hurt but I have learned not to get so wrapped up in my son's first as I can't control everything. I can only do what I think is best as a parent. :worship::cool1:

LOL, awwww. That really just stinks. I had to stay away from the house for a couple of days. I was that mad and it took a while for me to get over it. I took a picture of him so I can show him when he is older and than we can laugh about it. The bad haircut made him look like a girl, lol.

At least it grew back! I am sure you both will get some laughs in over the picture.

I last left off after our son's first haircut. We promptly left the MK and returned back to the YC. I sent DH back to the room with the stroller and all of our stuff. After making a pit stop by the concierge desk DS and I went to pick up the UPS package I had sent down. It was in the conference center office which is just outside of the main entrance. We walked through the conference center and finally found the office. There were two nice CM's there. One of the ladies working stayed and chatted with me and talked to DS while the other one went to get the box. I paid the small handling fee via my MB and back to the room we went.

DH was trying to relax. He was still upset. Our luggage had "magically appeared" in our room while we had been out. He didn't want to go swimming so I got things straight and started to unpack some of our stuff. I had shipped down diapers, extra wipes, snacks for DS and a few little odds and ends that I knew we would end up needing at some point that week. I didn't want to pay $40 to check an extra bag at the airport. This is about half the cost so I didn't mind. It also kept us from having more stuff to lug around the airport.

We had an ADR in Epcot that evening. So before dinner, DS and I went to Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness. DH was going to go with us but he was dragging his feet because he wasn't sure if DS would want to get his haircut again after the first experience so soon. So DS and I went by ourselves. The lady that cut his hair at the salon was AMAZING! I forgot her name and didn't write it down. She said that she use to own a children's salon (I think in Indiana) and she warmed up to DS and he was fine the entire time! No tears and he laughed at her. Great experience! After his haircut we went back to get DH. We had a very exciting ADR. I quickly changed DS's outfit and off we went!

Okay so on with the pics...

I thought the event staff was setting up for a wedding reception that evening. (We found out on our way back that it was a corporate event. I thought the ref outfits were a cute touch if it was a wedding reception.)

Upon entering Epcot, the CM that scanned our bands let DS "play" with the iPod that she used to scan us in.

During the walk, DS had fallen asleep. Our ADR was for 6:45pm.

Here is one of my favorite pics:

So where were we headed??? Not sure if you noticed but DS's shirt said "I'm 99% sure I'm a prince". Any guesses?

I checked us in. We were given a pager and only had to wait about 3-4 minutes. We got in line and waited to be called in.

I was so excited about this dinner. I send clients here all of the time and didn't have a review of my own. So I figured that we needed to try it this trip while DS was still young and couldn't give us any push back about having to eat with just the princesses. :lmao:

Upon entering, we met Belle. DS was still sleeping. I wondered how long until he woke up.

We had a few minutes before the princesses would be around to our table so I went first and got some food for me and DS. He had woken up right as I was walking away. DH went to the buffet line once I had gotten back and our server had brought our beverages. Our server was so sweet and we had a great table close to the buffet. The princesses had their walk around the banquet hall as we first started to dig in. DS was totally into what was going on. He looked at everyone as they walked by the table. Ariel paused to read DS's shirt...she laughed and asked what the other 1% was as she was walking off. So how did he react to his first princess (remember he was snoozing when we met Belle)........

HE LOVED CINDERELLA!!! She spent so much time at our table. She had a blast!

Total FLIRT!!!!! :lovestruc:cloud9::rolleyes1

Someone else has now caught his eye...

While at the table she said she knew what the other 1% from his shirt was...pirate. pirate:

Someone is excited to meet yet another princess!

I think she enjoyed DS just as much...

Another fantastic meet!

DS loved Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora. His interaction with Snow White was just okay. I joked that it was the dark hair.

While I finished up with the tab, DH and DS took a quick walk.

Overall, we LOVED our experience at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall!!!! I will continue to refer people (with princesses or as adults) to this restaurant.

It was just starting to get dark out.

It wasn't too crowded.

Well of course I had to make a quick run by a certain location to check out the wait time. There was only a 5 minute wait at the Character Spot!!!! So in we went.

Someone caught a glimpse of a certain mouse...

Telling me who he saw.

So how will it go once we get up close and personal with the big man himself????

Loving your report so far - and your DS is absolutely adorable - those pictures with the Princesses are priceless!

HE LOVED HIM!!!!!!!!!! :dance3::yay::woohoo::cloud9::love::goodvibes

I have our Memory Maker pics that I need to upload so I can use them.

How would he react over Goofy? Would it be the same?

YEP! DS started dancing! :dance3:

Do you think I'm excited? HAHAHA

DS loved Minnie too! :lovestruc

We had a fantastic meet and greet! I said that DS must have gotten my Disney gene!!!!! :laughing:

Ever since DS was a baby he has loved playing with his Nemo stuffed animal I got him while I was pregnant. So it was only fair to take him to see him, right?

The line for Nemo was a walk on. DS did great on the ride. He looked and watched all around the ride.

I told DH there was a picture I wanted to get before we left the area.

As we were leaving we had to make a quick pit stop in the gift shop! DS saw this Nemo pillow and started getting excited and reaching so DH took him over to it.

Can you just see the excitment?!?!

We left with the big Nemo. He is a PJ holder as there is a place to put DS's PJ once he is older. It's really cute.

It was getting late for us as we'd had a big day. So we decided to head back to the room. Illiminations had started while we walked back. We stopped for a brief minute so DS could see the excitement.

I miss this view!

The gift shop was on the way to our room. DS was still full of himself.

We all went to bed as we had an exciting morning the following day! Where were we headed? Who would we be eating with the next day? Will DS still have the same reaction to the Disney characters as the first day? I guess you will need to stay around to find out! :wizard:

Here are a couple of the Memory Maker pics.

Meeting Belle.

DS dancing. I thought I had posted this but I didn't.

I will end with this...until next time!

Your little guy is so cute. My son was 17 months when he took his first trip to WDW. I miss that age so much. I have so many sweet pictures of him reacting to the characters. Its the perfect age to introduce a young one to the characters, in my opinion.

I'm enjoying your trip report. Yacht Club is on the short list of the resorts we want to stay at next year. I think it'll either be Wilderness Lodge or Yacht Club. I'll be watching for any more pictures or info you give on YC.

Following along

Awww your son is the cutest! I love all his interactions, he definitly loved the princesses, and his dancing for Goofy, is the cutest too!
What a shame about the first hair cut, but at least his second one was a lot better, and he evened laughed!
I'm guessing maybe you're going to Crystal Palace next?
Can't wait to read more about your trip :)

Aw - your DS really loved the princesses! The other characters too but very cute how he reacts to all the pretty girls :rotfl:

We loved Akershsus! Though are trying CRT for the first time our next trip - hopefully we like it at least as much

That's funny to think that the Nemo pillow you got for him that if it was scaled up for us would be like 5 feet wide :)

Oh, and to answer your questions from your last response - I do think I liked the old video a bit better though understand why they changed it up ... just think they could have kept the "feeling" of the other one. Or just show the Stacey video on a loop :rotfl:

I have never heard of trip reports before joining a few days ago!
Yours is the cutest that I've read so far! Love the family pictures!
Looks like you made a ton of really great memories! :goofy:

Your little guy is so cute. My son was 17 months when he took his first trip to WDW. I miss that age so much. I have so many sweet pictures of him reacting to the characters. Its the perfect age to introduce a young one to the characters, in my opinion.

Thank you! I agree, it's the perfect age to introduce a young child to the characters. You get it all at that age! No holding back. ;)

I'm enjoying your trip report. Yacht Club is on the short list of the resorts we want to stay at next year. I think it'll either be Wilderness Lodge or Yacht Club. I'll be watching for any more pictures or info you give on YC.

This was the second time I've stayed at YC and it is still a favorite. Hubby said that he wanted to stay at BC next as he LOVED the Epcot resort area. We will see... :rolleyes1 It's funny you said either YC or WL on your next trip. I actually had a reservation at WL and then switched it to YC. I'm so happy I did. It was so super convenient getting to Epcot and HS from the resort. We would usually take the monorial over and back to MK. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'll post more YC pics.

Following along

Awww your son is the cutest! I love all his interactions, he definitly loved the princesses, and his dancing for Goofy, is the cutest too!
What a shame about the first hair cut, but at least his second one was a lot better, and he evened laughed!
I'm guessing maybe you're going to Crystal Palace next?
Can't wait to read more about your trip :)

Thank you! I am about to post the next update...are you right with guessing CP?

Aw - your DS really loved the princesses! The other characters too but very cute how he reacts to all the pretty girls :rotfl:

We loved Akershsus! Though are trying CRT for the first time our next trip - hopefully we like it at least as much

That's funny to think that the Nemo pillow you got for him that if it was scaled up for us would be like 5 feet wide :)

Oh, and to answer your questions from your last response - I do think I liked the old video a bit better though understand why they changed it up ... just think they could have kept the "feeling" of the other one. Or just show the Stacey video on a loop :rotfl:

He definitely flirts with the pretty girls! ;) CRT is awesome too! You're right about the Nemo pillow; it would be huge for us! But he loves the pillow and still will run up to it here at home.

Yes, the "feeling" of the other video would be nice. It was exciting to hear the kiddos on the bus get excited when they saw the characters on the tv. Stacey is a Disney "must-do/watch". :rotfl2:

I have never heard of trip reports before joining a few days ago!
Yours is the cutest that I've read so far! Love the family pictures!
Looks like you made a ton of really great memories! :goofy:

Welcome and THANK YOU! :yay: TR can be addiction to read! LOL We made some wonderful family memories!!!!!!

I'm back! Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th! A lot has been going on with us. We went to the beach this past week and DS had a great time playing in the sand.

Another personal update: we were suppose to go to the beach with my dad and all of my sisters and brother at the end of this month. My grandmother was going to fly up from Florida to meet us. My sister lives at the beach and we usually go every summer with my dad so I asked him about going to Florida instead. He agreed immediately!!!!!! :dance3::yay::cool1::thumbsup2;) SOOOOO we are going to Florida later this month...and who goes to FL and NOT go to WDW? :scratchin Not us! LOL :rotfl: We are going to visit with my grandmother and family and then head over to Disney for a few days! :yay: I'm so excited, can you tell? Anyway, it's my goal to have this TR completed before we leave. Can I do it? Okay, so I better get on it.

I had asked where we would be headed then next morning for breakfast. I had one person guess CP. Were you right???

DH and I woke up and got ready before DS woke up for the morning. Since we were on the first floor, we were not too far from the "secret" side entrance. We headed out that way and over to the boat dock. (Since we are going to the boat, CP is out of the running.) There was a boat at the dock and I knew if we were going to make it we needed to hurry. We didn't have enough time to wait around for the next boat... we had about 20 minutes until our reservation. (I know, I know, we waited for DS to wake up. We didn't want him to be thrown off for breakfast.) Just as we were walking, well running up, the CM shut the gate. Turned away and went over to the rope so the boat could leave the dock. NOOOOO! We missed the boat! We were close enough that I asked the CM which way we should go to HS. He just looked at me and off the boat went. UGH! Okay, it's okay I told DH. I KNEW there was a walking path to HS. I just needed to know the fastest way there. It had been years since I had gone on foot. So DH and I hurried back towards YC. I ran in and asked one of the guys from bell services. He said that it would be about a 10 minute walk. By this point we had about 15 minutes until our ressie. I rushed back out and told DH we needed to go towards the Swan & Dolphin and over the bridge and stay along the water. So off we went...again. Well, we didn't walk. WE RAN...the ENTIRE time! I knew we could not be late for this breakfast! This is one of the few meals that I was looking forward to ever since I booked it! I did not want DH or DS to miss out on this one. So that was my motivation. On a side note, I don't think I've ran since BEFORE I was pregnant! While I was determined to get to HS in time for breakfast, DH was determined to get to HS before the boat we missed! :cheer2: Well, we made it to the bag check area before the boat docked. I still have no idea how we did it...but we did. We finally made it into the park and headed to...

We made it and were on time! We had a couple of minutes before our ressie. DH checked us in and I got DS out of his stroller and got all of the things we would need while eating. It looked like it might rain so I put the rain over over the stroller just in case it rained while we were eating.

Upon entering we were greeted by...

DS's shirt is a picture of Darth Vader and it says "Master in Training".

I found out about this special Star Wars breakfast the day it was released and I booked us for breakfast. I was so excited and wasn't going to say anything to DH about it until we got there and he saw it for himself. Well, I couldn't wait and told him about it about a week before we left. He was so excited too!

Looking at the menu, trying to decide what to order.

We were given this plate of pastries just shortly after being seated.

While we were hanging out and eating our special Star Wars pasteries we were greeted by...Greeto. He was awesome!

Here is a picture of the menu.

I think I got the Imperial Delight and DH ordered the Tatoonie Sunrise (Spelling is wrong).

Parfait

While waiting on food, DS had a few more visitors.

DS playing along...

Not even scared...

There were scenes from the SW movies playing on the big screen. With funny advertisements in between.

Review: This was by far one of the BEST themed meals we had all week. It was so awesome because we didn't have to wait in the super long lines to meet the SW Weekend special guests. The characters spent a lot of time with us at the table too. I really would like to see something like this stay around all year. It is something we will do again if it's available when ever we go.

I cannot find the food pics from breakfast. If I do, I will post them later.

After our amazing breakfast, we decided to head over to the Disney Junior area. I wanted to see if we could find Jake or any of the other Disney Junior stars. We found Jake and Sophia out greeting guests. So we parked the stroller and headed over the Jake's line. Just shortly after we were in line, Jake needed to take a break. He was only gone for about 5 minutes before he was back. It was a super fast break.

The pictures I am going to post are from our camera, not the Memory Maker.

When DS was really little I did not want him watching tv. I did find that I could play the intro song to Jake and the Neverland Pirates and he would sit still long enough for me to cut his finger and toe nails. I would loop it twice on the tv and it worked out perfect. It was just really cute to see him with Jake.

By now it was getting close to DS naptime, so we decided to head out of HS and back to the resort. I wanted to take the boat after our morning run so we went to the boat dock and waited for a few minutes on the next boat.

Just after we were on board and on our way we saw this...

He was out and we didn't even make it back to the resort. Haha Oh well.

DH stayed back behind us and took some photos of the YC.

We had an ADR in Epcot for lunch at Coral Reef. So after nap time we went to Epcot.

Oh I forgot to post in the previous post that it hadn't rained while we were in breakfast. The sky still was overcast and looked like it wanted to do SOMETHING at some point.

Since it still looked like rain, I decided to cover the stroller again with the stroller rain cover and parked it just outside of Coral Reef. DH checked us in.

DS talking about the fish he could see in the distance. He kept trying to get down and get over to the tank.

We were early and were called back about 10 minutes after our reservation. We were taken the the very first table you come to in the very back. I asked if we could please sit somewhere else as DS could not be able to see anything from his highchair once we were seated. The hostess went to check. There were a TON of open tables in the back section of the restaurant. (DH and I noticed at almost every restaurant we went to that there were at least a half a dozen of open tables.) Even though availability was not showing up when searched. We were told at first we could wait until something opened up, which could be a long wait, maybe 45 minutes. I looked at DH and he asked about the open tables in the back. The hostess ran off again and came back and took us to the open area of the restaurant and we were able to pick our seats. We got one of the table that had a low spot so DH could see the fish. We were still a ways back but that was okay.

Here is a pic of my steak:

DH's meal (I forgot what it was called)

DH took pics of the appetizers on his cell phone.

A diver came out during our meal.

DH just woke up from his nap. I will have to finish our meal later. Sorry!

that sounds like such a great breakfast and cool that they spent a good amount of time table side. The fact commercials sound really great - I love that they did that

And wow that your son didn't seem phased by the Jawas or anyone!

That's so weird about them putting you at the not so great table when there were clearly open tables - very odd. Glad it worked out in the end though

Hi, just joining in wanted to say hello. Your son is cute, looks like the salon did a good job cleaning up what ever the barber did.

We also could not wait to take out boys to WDW so our first sons trip was one day after his first birthday and our second son was 16 months . They both did really well. Doesn't it feel good when your kids are not scared of the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter