A thread for our single friends....

Last night was pretty rough. I was feeling pretty depressed. I was on Adam4Adam. At the end of the night I had sent about 30 emails replying to their profile. Not a single reply. I may not be perfect but don't think I'm that bad. That's the reason I haven't even tried for so long. When I'm not looking I'm alone but content. A night like last night just causes the depression to become more severe. My coworker tried Plentyoffish. I don't know about it, just something about the name. :lmao:

Agreed that is an "interesting" name.

Last night was pretty rough. I was feeling pretty depressed. I was on Adam4Adam. At the end of the night I had sent about 30 emails replying to their profile. Not a single reply. I may not be perfect but don't think I'm that bad. That's the reason I haven't even tried for so long. When I'm not looking I'm alone but content. A night like last night just causes the depression to become more severe. My coworker tried Plentyoffish. I don't know about it, just something about the name. :lmao:

Wow...you really charged in there! I don't think I have sent that many in a month! Good for you though! :) It just takes some time. But I know how you feel. It can be pretty discouraging at times...heck most of the time even. But stick with it. At least you are trying....that is a huge step! And it is something you should be proud of, regardless of how many replies you get.

I've met 1 or 2 people on Plenty of Fish. I haven't actually met them in person yet, but one is a really nice guy and seems like he would be a good friend. So if nothing else maybe I have gotten a new friend out of it. So if nothing else...maybe you will find a friend or 2.

I might have to check out this Adam4Adam though....hmmmm....

Well, after sending a few emails to profiles that looked interesting and not getting a response, I decided to just send them to anyone within a wide age range. I wouldn't waste your time on A4A. It's really gone down hill and has basically turned in to just a hook up site. (Well, you can check it out if that's what you're looking for). I don't see it being good for making friends or dating anymore.

Hang in there, you'll find someone ... I would have replied to you. :goodvibes

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm still single but I'm proud to say that I've lost 57 lbs since Jan!

Bring on the single men :-)

And keep me away from the DDP!

I really need to update my pic!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm still single but I'm proud to say that I've lost 57 lbs since Jan!

Bring on the single men :-)

And keep me away from the DDP!

I really need to update my pic!

Congrats on the weight loss. I need to get back on that Weight Watchers Wagon.

Congrats on the weight loss! I need to get back on Nutrisystem now that I'm back from vacation. Although when I got the email stating my next order would ship in 4 days I quickly logged in and postponed it 2 months. But that's mostly b/c I still have plenty of food still to use up.

I've got some gay Disney fan friends here in Key West, but I'm single. I'm getting a group together for Gay Days 2011. :cheer2:
I never miss a WDW Radio show. I love the music and sound clips Lou integrates into his show.

Each park has something different that I like best: Magic Kingdom will always be the most sentimental park for me. Cinderella Castle is also my favorite icon. Disney Studios is my least favorite themed park but has my favorite attractions including the best night show: Fantasmic! Epcot has so many things that appeal to me as an adult including the best songs: One Little Spark and Golden Dream. But overall, Animal Kingdom is my favorite: I love the jungle trees and live shows: Nemo & The Lion King.

Each park has something different that I like best: Magic Kingdom will always be the most sentimental park for me. Cinderella Castle is also my favorite icon. Disney Studios is my least favorite themed park but has my favorite attractions including the best night show: Fantasmic! Epcot has so many things that appeal to me as an adult including the best songs: One Little Spark and Golden Dream. But overall, Animal Kingdom is my favorite: I love the jungle trees and live shows: Nemo & The Lion King.

I agree, Love Animal Kingdom! The attention to detail, the 'ruins' in Asia along the river. The 'Hotel' in Harambe. I think the theme/ 'imagineering' feels more real at Animal Kingdom than my second favorite theme park, EPCOT Centre. :wizard:

Hey there any Travel Industry Fan of the DIS in town for the ASTA Travel Industry Trade show the week of Sept 11- 15, 2010?

I will be in town staying at one of the host hotels. Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal.
The ASTA Trade Show, is the National convention for Travel Industry suppliers, Agents and Travel Industry press.

Hey there any Travel Industry Fan of the DIS in town for the ASTA Travel Industry Trade show the week of Sept 11- 15, 2010?

I will be in town staying at one of the host hotels. Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal.
The ASTA Trade Show, is the National convention for Travel Industry suppliers, Agents and Travel Industry press.

Be advised that Hard Rock "room charging" will only allow you $100 TOTAL, and that they may lock up $500 of your credit line for a WEEK for no particular reason. That happened to us in June. When we checked out we owed less than $50 for breakfast at The Kitchen, and they "held" $500 on DH's credit card. I called and questioned it, but they never did manage to give me a REASON as to why it was like that. I would suggest NOT authorizing room charging!

Be advised that Hard Rock "room charging" will only allow you $100 TOTAL, and that they may lock up $500 of your credit line for a WEEK for no particular reason. That happened to us in June. When we checked out we owed less than $50 for breakfast at The Kitchen, and they "held" $500 on DH's credit card. I called and questioned it, but they never did manage to give me a REASON as to why it was like that. I would suggest NOT authorizing room charging!

Speaking as a hotel accountant, this is not uncommon at all. Many places authorize a set amount per night, and I have worked in places (in downtown Dallas) where that amount is $100 per night or more.

My advice here is simply to not use your debit card for this kind of a transaction, as the bank that issues the debit card can (and frequently does) hold authorizations from hotels for thirty, sixty, or even ninety days. (If I had a nickel for every time I got a call from an angry guest because they'd bounced a rent check because our property authorized their card and never charged it but the bank was holding it weeks later I would be taking Scott out to some VERY nice restaurants.)

Speaking as a hotel accountant, this is not uncommon at all. Many places authorize a set amount per night, and I have worked in places (in downtown Dallas) where that amount is $100 per night or more.

My advice here is simply to not use your debit card for this kind of a transaction, as the bank that issues the debit card can (and frequently does) hold authorizations from hotels for thirty, sixty, or even ninety days. (If I had a nickel for every time I got a call from an angry guest because they'd bounced a rent check because our property authorized their card and never charged it but the bank was holding it weeks later I would be taking Scott out to some VERY nice restaurants.)

Anyone who is used to WDW charging would be in for a shock at Hard Rock. We are used to a $1500 limit before the charges roll to the credit card, and NO holds. We used room charging for stuff around the Universal during the day, then we tried to charge dinner to the room and it declined. AWKWARD! :eek: We raced back to the hotel because we figured something was wrong. Nope. They only allow you $100.

After we got back to AKL we realized they had locked up $500 on the credit card, and all they would say was "They are just holds. They will drop off in 3-5 days." It was an INCREDIBLY lucky thing that we didn't NEED that credit since we were in Orlando for another 8 days after we left Hard Rock. :sad2:

We hold $20/night to cover parking, etc. The calls we get would make you think we were holding hundreds of dollars. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter