A thread for our single friends....

Then I would think I was at Hard Rock! $500 in holds for a ONE NIGHT stay that was paid in full prior to arrival.

I'm guessing their system isn't set-up to recognize prepaid stays and treat them differently.

Our computer, we have to manually tell it to only run $20 x the number of nights on a prepaid reservation otherwise it takes the entire amount. I don't know what their average daily rate is, but I'm guessing if they only allow you to charge $100 it's probably around $200-250 (figuring they hold about $150-200 to cover for damages.)

Forgive my ignorance but I don't know what PMed means, lol. Fill me in.

I sent you a private message. If you look at the top under your screen name there should be a "notification" button that will take you to your inbox.

*raises hand*

I am a single man. Don't all you hunks come running at once now! :)

After several months in the super-messy "it's complicated" zone, I'm officially part of the singles club again. Yay me? Still not sure how to feel yet.

Blah... With the weather change, I've been getting kinda depressed/lonely. I was talking to someone I'd met off match.com, but he's a ways away and just kinda stopped responding. Blech. Oh well... 2 months and I'll be at Disney World and forget about it for a week. LOL.

Blah... With the weather change, I've been getting kinda depressed/lonely. I was talking to someone I'd met off match.com, but he's a ways away and just kinda stopped responding. Blech. Oh well... 2 months and I'll be at Disney World and forget about it for a week. LOL.

I hear yah. I had a date recently and thought it went well, and then poof nothing. How do you like match.com? I have been meaning to try it but I dislike having to actually pay if they are just going to randomly through men my way without actually doing the match work.

I hear yah. I had a date recently and thought it went well, and then poof nothing. How do you like match.com? I have been meaning to try it but I dislike having to actually pay if they are just going to randomly through men my way without actually doing the match work.

It's eh...

A lot of guys don't fully fill out their profiles, so it will give you a match % based on what they did fill out... you try to contact them, and never get a response back... or you read what they've written, and it's obvious you're not a match. I accidentally renewed my membership, but as soon as I realized I never cancelled it, I cancelled it, so I'm on my last month right now.

I dunno... match.com is partially to blame for my current weight loss kick. Almost all the guys on there describe their body-types as "athletic"... which I will never be, but I want to be able to fall into the "average" category.

I don't know... this is really depressing to think about right now. Blech.

I hear ya Jay. I haven't used match.com in years. I moved on to adam4adam and manhunt, but those have really gone downhill. They're nothing more than hookup sites now. You go through the profiles and it's full of torso pics. There's no way I can compete with that. I guess that's the primary reason I want to lose weight too. But that's not right either. We have to want to do it for ourselves!

I hear ya Jay. I haven't used match.com in years. I moved on to adam4adam and manhunt, but those have really gone downhill. They're nothing more than hookup sites now. You go through the profiles and it's full of torso pics. There's no way I can compete with that. I guess that's the primary reason I want to lose weight too. But that's not right either. We have to want to do it for ourselves!

Yah... I know... it's just one of those things where I'm not happy unless I'm in a relationship. I dunno... it's one of those things where it's weird to talk about in a public forum like this...

I hate online dating sites. People are always so fake and "perfect" on there, but in real life they are the opposite of what they say. Is it bad that I've given up finding someone at the ripe old age of 27? :laughing:

I hate online dating sites. People are always so fake and "perfect" on there, but in real life they are the opposite of what they say. Is it bad that I've given up finding someone at the ripe old age of 27? :laughing:

I just don't understand how over 95% of guys on there (at least, the ones the system tries to match me with) have self-identified their body-type as "athletic"... :sad2:

I don't think I've given up yet, myself... I mean, I do believe that there is someone, somewhere, for me...

I can't stand "athletic" guys anyhow so I guess there would be nobody on the site worth checking into for me. :confused3

Hmmm, it was probably around 27 when I gave up, so it's not all that bad! LoL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter