A thread for DVC resort ownership with points at each resorts

We are just about to hit the magic 1k!

600 @ Copper Creek (3 contracts) Direct - February 2018
200 @ VGF Direct - January 2021
and now adding 200 RIV Direct - February 2021.

That will probably be enough for us. Long term plan is to sell off 1 or 2 of the CCV contracts, once the grandkids are older. But right now that will be our family home base for large trips in a GV.

That will probably be enough for us. Long term plan is to sell off 1 or 2 of the CCV contracts, once the grandkids are older. But right now that will be our family home base for large trips in a GV.
That sounds wonderfull. There is nothing like family time.

I’d really like to hit 1000 points, but realistically, we probably don’t need more than our 860.

200 BCV Resale
Closed Feb 2020

Compared to many on this thread, we are on the low end of points. This thread has been so enlightening in terms of seeing how many people are out there with A LOT of points. I can definitely see how addonitus is a real thing, because I find myself constantly checking available resale contracts in my spare time. However, I know I will be able to resist for two reasons: I don’t want to be crushed with maintenance fees every year (which hit home when I payed my first MF last month) and we don’t want to feel like we need to take all of our vacations at WDW.

We are the once a year or every other year type of WDW family. We love taking cruises and traveling abroad, as well as seeing other areas of the country. Our 200 points is the perfect amount for us to do a week in a studio each year, or a 1-2 bedroom if we skip a year and bank points.

We are psyched for our first DVC trip in April, especially since we had to (obviously) cancel our April trip last year! SAB here we come!!

500 CCV (3 contracts all direct)

for now :rolleyes1

And ........ just emailed our signed contract documents back for a 210 point resale HHI contract :goodvibes
Found just the right amount of points with our same Sep use year and we couldn't resist. (look the other way Disney ROFR demons!)

But now I'm actually done! (maybe)

Edited 3/06: We passed ROFR! So once we close we will have:

500 CCV (3 contracts all direct Sept UY)
210 HHI (resale Sept UY)

Total 710 (and counting :goodvibes )

Last edited:
September Use year

150 SSR resale 2016
25 BCV direct 2017
100 AKL resale 2018
50 CC direct 2019
40 OKW resale 2019
75 SSR resale 2020
100 BCV resale offer accepted 2021 (on to ROFR) 🤞

I tell myself "Okay, we're done" after each purchase..... but I don't regret it.

200 total:
100 AKV-direct (bought in 2008 at $96/point)
100 HHI-direct (bought in 2009 at $80/point)

We were thinking of adding on at BRV before I retired in 2020, but all the changes that have taken place (even before Covid) caused us to step back and say, "No, don't think so." We will make do with our 100 AKV points for WDW trips. That will be plenty for us. Now, I would LOVE to add on lots at HHI, but I don't want to pay the outrageous MFs. We might add on 25 points direct in a few years just to take family more often in a GV, but we are looking at staying somewhere more economical on the island for our solo trips. I guess I'm just frugal, but no way would I ever want to own an astronomical amount of points and pay an astronomical amount of money on the dues, even if I had it spend! Too much to keep up with, and there are other places I want to visit. I know I'm in the minority!

Now, I would LOVE to add on lots at HHI, but I don't want to pay the outrageous MFs.
Yes, one of the factors that makes it likely Disney's HHI resort will be closed and sold off in 2042 is that there are many other timeshares, hotels and other accommodations available on the island at much lower cost. My parents used to own one of the Marriotts on HHI, and their MFs were much lower than DVC's even way back in the early 2000s. Why buy DVC HHI when you can buy a resale Marriott for many fewer dollars to buy in and fewer dollars to maintain each year?

Yes, one of the factors that makes it likely Disney's HHI resort will be closed and sold off in 2042 is that there are many other timeshares, hotels and other accommodations available on the island at much lower cost. My parents used to own one of the Marriotts on HHI, and their MFs were much lower than DVC's even way back in the early 2000s. Why buy DVC HHI when you can buy a resale Marriott for many fewer dollars to buy in and fewer dollars to maintain each year?
I've actually thought about selling it, but we really LOVE the resort. I want to keep my points there to use for our family trips with future grandkids. But my DH and I don't necessarily have to stay there on our solo trips if we can find something in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter