A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

Well, i've been thinking about our options and as much as June would be nice, right after school ends, Manny is a baby with crowds and along with the heat that we are not used to, I don't think that will go too well. I'm voting that week out!

Our April break week would have been perfect if it didn't fall on Easter week. I just renewed my subscription to touring plans and there are mostly 10s for the week leading up to Easter. And then the prices... ouch! So April is out!

MAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!! Now which week, I have no idea. The kids will obviously miss school and we can just deal with that when the time comes. Hopefully they will all have understanding teachers. Most of the moms at school I know all take vacations during the school year, we are certainly not the only ones. And last May when we went their teachers gave them work ahead of time and all was well. Emily gets anxious, but we'll have to discuss that and get her to the point where she isn't worried about it. Emily is just like Manny and if we took her to Disney when it was too hot or crowded she would be miserable.

So in looking at touring plans crowd calendar all of May looks great until we hit memorial day weekend. Those crowds aren't looking too bad, just more crowded than the first 3 weeks of May.

SO WHICH WEEK IN MAY!!!!!!

1st option: May 2-9: Very low crowds and we'd be there over Mother's day. But, the kids would only be back to school for 1 week after vacation before we leave.

2nd option: May 9-16: Low crowds, this is the week we went last May. Right after Mother's day.

3rd option: May 16-23

4th option: May 24-31 (Higher crowds, but memorial day there will be no school, and it's also star wars wekend, AND May 27th is my bday.

We really really enjoyed Star Wars Weekends. I can't believe I am even saying that because I am not a SW fan. However, my son is and he loved it. We got to the park early and were surprised that the crowds weren't that bad. As the day progressed, it got busier but not unmanagable.

Memorial Day wasn't too bad this year. As a matter of fact, I didn't think it was any more crowded than the other days we were in the park.

And, if you chose May 24th through the 31st, we could plan a Dismeet because our dates would overlap.

16th to the 24th!!!! LOL But I'm biased!!! :) And we can share park plans!!! LOL That's my vote!! hopefully no rain next year!!!

Sorry you're having to postpone. :grouphug:
I would go the Memorial Day week. If you have a child who is worried about missing school, why not use that as your guide? And your birthday and Star Wars!

Amanda

Well, I'm another homeschooler so school doesn't realy play into my thinking...

If Star Wars is something you guys really love then I'd go for that, otherwise I'd definately want to see flower and garden.

I would do either of the first TWO weeks of May, so that you'll be able to partake in the last weekds of the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival......pretty!!

We were there for the flower and garden festival last year and it was so pretty. I can't imagine seeing epcot without it.

We really really enjoyed Star Wars Weekends. I can't believe I am even saying that because I am not a SW fan. However, my son is and he loved it. We got to the park early and were surprised that the crowds weren't that bad. As the day progressed, it got busier but not unmanagable.

Memorial Day wasn't too bad this year. As a matter of fact, I didn't think it was any more crowded than the other days we were in the park.

And, if you chose May 24th through the 31st, we could plan a Dismeet because our dates would overlap.

All right, a dismeet!!!! I would LOVE to be in Disney for my bday and the fact that one of those days would be a no school day is sounding good.

16th to the 24th!!!! LOL But I'm biased!!! :) And we can share park plans!!! LOL That's my vote!! hopefully no rain next year!!!

Wow, looks like i'm covered for a dismeet no matter what week I pick. lol

It's going to be fun listening to you plan!!!!

Yes, i'm just very glad that i was able to postpone and not have to say the word....cancel... anymore.

Sorry you're having to postpone. :grouphug:
I would go the Memorial Day week. If you have a child who is worried about missing school, why not use that as your guide? And your birthday and Star Wars!

Amanda

My bday at Disney would be LOVELY!

I would say May 9-16!!!!!!

Are you still going to stay at POR??????

Where are those wedding pics!!!!!

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Wedding pics will come before I stop this thread I promise... And YES we are definitely staying at POR. Can't wait.

Well, I'm another homeschooler so school doesn't realy play into my thinking...

If Star Wars is something you guys really love then I'd go for that, otherwise I'd definately want to see flower and garden.

We are not really into star wars although I know the girls will like to see it. And when we were there last may we did get to see the flower and garden festival. very pretty.

I also vote for either of the first two weeks. Your kids are young enough that that much time off from school shouldn't matter-- with Emily, I would tell the teachers waaaay in advance and see if she can do/turn in her work BEFORE you guys even leave. That should alleviate the stress!

Hi Kylie, I don't know how easy it is for teachers to get work together that much in advance, but that is a great idea. If Emily can get a few things done before we even leave, she may feel a lot better. I'm definitely going to see if that's a possibility.

Thanks

Ok, for all of my good dis friends that have been waiting for some wedding pictures. Here are a few! When I start my new PTR i'll have more in there too. Photobucket was loading so darn slow today ?

Here is the ceremony area, before any one arrived of course

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

The little guy in front is my nephew Sean, he did such a great job with the rings.

DSC_0072.jpg

Me and My Mom and brother

DSC_0127.jpg

My brother and his girlfriend. Ricky was dancing to Michael Jackson. He took break dancing classes for a while, so he's really good at it.

DSC_0255.jpg

We were doing the electric slide of course...

DSC_0263.jpg

The night before the wedding my friend Brittany was going to sleep over to help me get a bunch of stuff done. Well, Manny ended up surprising us and booking a room for me, her and the girls. We had an awesome night after the rehearsal. We swam in the pool, walked to the restaurant. This hotel was attached to the mall. We were on the 25th floor, it was gorgeous. The kids really want to go back and stay there again..... It was not cheap though, especially to just go stay there just because.

The wedding weekend was great, I was definitely stressed out, I am glad it's done and over. I am finally just now relaxed, I was stressed out the following 2 weeks after the wedding too. Crazy :headache:

Now I can plan what I like to plan best!!!! MY NEXT DISNEY TRIP!

How beautiful! LOVE your dress, flowers, and the gazebo! The girls look beautiful as well. :lovestruc The reception looks like lots of fun as well.

Oh Pam!!! How absolutely gorgeous!!! Look at your family. So beautiful. Anthony looks all grown up. Gee, I'll have to show that picture to Victoria. :lmao: You look so happy --- none of your stress showed at all! Thank you so much for sharing with us!!! You will be there for me to stress to, right???? :rotfl:

How beautiful! LOVE your dress, flowers, and the gazebo! The girls look beautiful as well. :lovestruc The reception looks like lots of fun as well.

Thank you, it was so nice!

Oh Pam!!! How absolutely gorgeous!!! Look at your family. So beautiful. Anthony looks all grown up. Gee, I'll have to show that picture to Victoria. :lmao: You look so happy --- none of your stress showed at all! Thank you so much for sharing with us!!! You will be there for me to stress to, right???? :rotfl:

Thank you! Oh, Anthony, with that darn hair. Lol

I was happy that day, I was stressed out 2 wks before the wedding and 2 wks after. Not on that day though. it was just lovely! :love:

Of course I will be there for you! I didn't want to start a PTR up right away, but I may do it soon, just to have a spot to chat with you guys. I was going to do it after Christmas when we're just a few months out, but.... I changed my mind. Hey I started this one at a year out. I think 9 months is ok. I gotta figure out what to call it. And i'm not set on any dates yet.

I DO WANT THOSE 2011 PRICES TO COME OUT THOUGH..... LIKE NOW!!!! Ok, i'll wait, it should be very soon. Usually the first week of August.

Beautiful pics!!!!!! Can't wait for you to start the new PTR!!!!!!!!!

Although we probably won't make it back for another two years after this trip, we may do some mini trips next year. We will probably do our annual to the Poconos, and I have been trying to talk Bill into either doing Boston or Salem. My aunt and cousin went there a few years back and they said it was really neat!!!! Not sure. I want to get a wood floor and new kitchen cabinets put in next year, so Disney is definitely off my list for 2011- so at least I have your PTR to hold onto till I go back!!!!

Hey Janine, that's great, I hope you stick around for mine too. I know it's still 9 months out now.
We are looking to do some "other" things too. After we go next year it will definitely be a few years before we go back.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Darn we had those matching disney Ts all lined up and everything. :guilty:

I absolutely love the picture of you and Manny and your beautiful family. That's definitely a moment to treasure.

The trip report that I have going right now includes the dates you are thinking about (end of May dates). I will have some Star Wars weekend pictures posted in there too. Keep an eye out so you can see how the crowds were and how SWW went.

Hey Pam, sorry I have been MIA for so long, it is a long story :guilty:.

I hate that you had to postpone your Disney trip, but May really isn't that far off at this point.

I love your wedding pictures. I knew you would be a beautiful bride. I know you are glad the stress is off now and you can get back to planning your Disneymoon and family trip :goodvibes.

Hey Pam!! Awesome wedding pics!!! ya'll look SOOO happy!! Let us know when you start that PTR, cause we'll all be there!!!

Pam, your pictures are just beautiful! Your dress looked just perfect on you-- and that deep blue was soo pretty. Glad now you can relax and not be constantly stressed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter