A Spell Casting, Rocking, Terrible Twos, Birthday Disney Exploration – May 2018 TR

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Smilelea, May 31, 2018.

1. Smilelea

Smilelea Mouseketeer

Chapter 7 continued…

IMG_6107.jpg IMG_6108.jpg

Aurora tried to get him to interact with her but he held off until the very end.

IMG_6112.jpg IMG_6114.jpg
    Then Ariel came over and he was all about her.

IMG_6117.jpg IMG_6118.jpg

When it was time for the parade, Ariel came and got him to help lead it. Then of course I was the creepy looking adult following behind. The guys had a good laugh about it. But, I had to follow because he was so cranky and tired, I didn’t know what he might do. I should have known he would be the perfect angel since he was with Princess Ariel.

IMG_6119.jpg IMG_6121.jpg

In between all of the princesses, we ordered and I have absolutely no recollection of who got what. I think we ordered: Tradisjonell Kjøttkake - Norwegian Meatballs served with Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Lingonberry Sauce and Svinestek med Frukt - Seared Pork Tenderloin - with Apricot Glaze, Multigrain Pilaf, Sautéed Mushrooms, and an Apple-Fennel Slaw. I’m pretty sure D got the mac-n-cheese. We didn’t order anything specifically for G because I knew he’d eat a little of this and a little of that if we were lucky. Well, on one of my visits to the buffet, the guys ordered him a kid’s pizza because he said that was what he wanted. He finally did pick at it but he would only eat standing up.

As we were finishing up, we realized the fireworks were about to start. I knew our safest bet was to stay inside until they were over. We explained to our waiter and he told us there was absolutely no rush and for us to just enjoy ourselves. We ordered dessert and they also brought out a cupcake with a candle for G and a birthday card signed by all of the princesses. We ate until we couldn’t eat anymore and still was able to take some desserts to go. When the fireworks started, we could hear them but they weren’t loud. G did ask what the noise was and we told him. You could tell he was a little anxious because he kept talking about them. We finally finished up and headed out once the fireworks were over. The guys had to go to the bathroom so they boys and I hung out by the front and we got to see some of the princesses again. This helped distract G momentarily because he kept asking if the fireworks were all done. Even getting in the stroller he kept wanting reassurance.

Then we started the long trek over to the International Gateway. We were checking into a new resort that was within walking distance. R walked with us even though he needed to go to the parking lot.

We said our goodbyes with a promise to see him one more time the next day before we boarded the Tragical Express.

D had no idea where we were going until we were about to walk in the door.

IMG_6122.jpg IMG_6123.jpg

Continued in next post

DLo and MeghanEmily like this.
  2. Smilelea

Smilelea Mouseketeer

Chapter 7 continued…

IMG_6124.jpg IMG_6125.jpg IMG_6126.jpg IMG_6127.jpg

It was a little snug but we've stayed in value so it wasn't an issue for us.

We found the pack-n-play in the closet. Got it all set-up and D’s bed made. We did baths and went to bed. This was our latest night out this trip and we were tired.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

What a great day!! I have never caught Character Training at Epcot, so that's definitely a goal for a future trip! We really love eating at Akershus. My son is a Princess lover (still! at age 9! I always wonder if that will wear off soon, but I think he just loves the attention they give him :) )

5. Smilelea

Smilelea Mouseketeer

We try to time it so that we hit at least one on our visits.

It's funny because we actually expected to hate the food at Akershus our first visit and ended up loving it. We thought we would be one and done. But I actually would love to eat there a third time.

I expect our boys will be princess lovers for awhile. They love that attention.

Edited to add: I see you are going on a Disney cruise next Christmas. I was trying to see if we would be on the same one but based on your countdown, I think we will miss you by a week. We are surprising the boys with a Disney Cruise but we are going the week before Christmas.

6. Smilelea

Smilelea Mouseketeer

42 Days!!!

I’m excited and stressed all at the same time. We are so ready to go back to Disney even though we were just there in September. However, I have not been able to run in about 3 weeks due to shin splints and I am stressing about my training and running the half. I have not run the full distance yet and I don’t think I will get to before we leave. I had to stop running completely and when I do get to attempt to start back next week, I have to take it easy and run shorter distances. I don’t know that I will be able to build up to the full distance in time without re-injuring. But moving on to happier things….

Since G is still free ($$) for this last visit before he turns 3, we made a ton of ADRs – so many that C says we will probably do the DDP again. Bring on the food!! popcorn:: Notes to self - we will not “save” snack credits for just-in-cases. If D wants a snack and a chocolate milk, then he can have them (something we were concerned with the first time we did the DDP and therefore we ended up with way too many left the last day).

So, right now we have the following ADRs:

Coral Reef - dinner

T-Rex - lunch

Sanaa – dinner *NEW*

Garden Grill - breakfast

1900 PF – breakfast *NEW for this meal*

Artist Point – dinner *NEW*

Ohana – breakfast *NEW*

Beaches & Cream – lunch

I plan to do at least one more update from our September trip and then maybe a brief breakdown of our plans for January before we leave.

Onto the last update for the real reason for this trip report. ;)

Chapter 8: Travel Day – “Slide. Slide. No Slide!”

I have absolutely no notes for this day so it’s all coming from memory.

I believe we set an alarm because we had an ADR at Cape May for our first time. We made it down in time. In fact, we got to see what a big deal they make for the first family at Cape May. Minnie came out and got the first family. It was very cute and exciting for that family.

I also remember that at some point I got G’s yogurt all over the front of my shirt. I was extremely ill about this and I wanted to go change. C told me it was fine so I didn’t go but I was very self-conscious about it the entire time. The food was good, the characters were fun, and G was his usual cranky, “I don’t want to see the characters until they leave us” self. He completely missed Minnie doing this and was even crankier afterwards.

IMG_6130.jpg IMG_6134.jpg IMG_6136.jpg IMG_6129.jpg IMG_6128.jpg

After breakfast, we headed back to the room to pack up our luggage for airline check-in and to get our swimsuits on. We just had to go checkout the famous Beach Club pools.

IMG_6139.jpg IMG_6140.jpg

This is all I took a picture of. So sad.

As you can tell it was overcast and it was actually very cool. It was also raining off and on. But we went anyway. We took the stroller with the rain cover on it and parked it by some chairs that were semi-covered. We piled our towels and everything else we wanted to stay dry in the seat. We found a life jacket for both boys and went exploring.

We tried out the sand bottom pool, the lazy river, and even went to check out the big slide. The boys liked the sandy area. C and I liked the lazy river but D refused to get in it. In fact, he walked around the outside of it crying while we went around a couple of times. We couldn’t even get him in it with one of the floats. After 2 times, we got out too because he was just pitiful. G seemed to like it. No one actually went down the big slide because we were all actually cold by this time. G did try out the smaller slide once. He saw it and said “Slide! Slide!” until I sat him down on it and he said “No slide!” The water was actually pretty intense for a small slide. He did go down it but it wasn’t pretty. His fell over on the way down and the water splashed on his face a lot. C got him before he went under but he was still upset. So we headed back over to the pool area and C and D got in the hot tub for a moment to warm up. G had started shivering and was tired, so I took him to the chairs and wrapped him up in towels. He fell asleep for about 15 minutes. Finally C and D were ready to be done so we went over to the restrooms to change into dry clothes and get ready for our last ADR of the trip.

Beaches and Cream is our last day tradition. It has become our thing to book a lunch ADR before we have to catch the ME back to the airport. We were also meeting R and his daughter A for their first time. We were actually quite surprised they hadn’t eaten there before since they live in Orlando and are also Disney fanatics.

I think I remember that they were a little late. I also remember that they did not have an ADR but C went over about an hour before to ask if we could add 2 more to ours and they said no problem. They actually thanked him for the hour notice because they said they usually get notified about 5 mins before and then the party has to wait about 30 minutes to be seated.

So when they arrived, we were seated almost immediately. After our first visit, C and I decided it was best to share an appetizer because what we really wanted was the ice cream. G and D ordered the mac-n-cheese and hot dog meals, I think. C and I ordered the Chili-Cheese Fries. R and A ordered one of the burgers to share.

Then it was time for the real reason we were there. C and I ordered our usual: No Way Jose and Fudge Mud Slide. The boys went with the Mickey Mouse Sundaes. I don’t remember what R and A ordered but I do know they were amazed at the size :laughing:

We finished up and still had time to kill before needing to head out front. So we meandered that way just chatting and the kids played for a while.

IMG_6141.jpg

Then it was time to say our goodbyes. On a funny note, the ME bus pulled up and let people off and then drove off. Those of us that were out there waiting all kind of looked around wondering what was going on. I believe it was even a little past the time of when we were suppose to be picked up. Within 5 minutes the same bus was pulling back in. There was a new guy being trained and the driver. Apparently one of them was confused. So we gave them our letter and got on the bus.

G passed out.

IMG_6144.jpg

We made it to the airport and through the extremely long security line with 2 hours to kill. I do remember there were no issues with the plane this time. I also have this pic of D passed out on the plane.

IMG_2813.jpg

We made it home without any hitches - other than sadness.

7. missjackiemcg

We are on the Disney Dream 12/23-12/27. I seriously CANNOT wait!!!! I can't remember when I set my countdown if I did it for our actual cruise embarkation day or the date we are traveling to Orlando. We are going down a day early just in case there is bad Chicago weather that interferes with us!

What are your plans?

The first time we did the DDP we made the same mistake!!!! Now, I'm like, "who wants a snack?!!" the whole trip long :)

8. Smilelea

Smilelea Mouseketeer

I believe we board the ship on 12/16. C has all of the details so I could be off by a day. I know we plan to fly down the day before and stay somewhere DVC so we aren't worried about getting to the ship late. I think it is a 4 night cruise.

EXACTLY!

9. missjackiemcg

Oh, rats, we WILL just mess you!! Well, in any case, we have cruised before, but it has been 12 years!! So, it feels like we're starting brand new from scratch. I'm excited to see it through my son's eyes this time.

Smilelea likes this.