A Meal So Good You Had It Twice?

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower last trip and had dinner at The Wave twice. I got the gnocchi on the first night, and it was so delicious that I would have ordered it again, except that they had added braised short ribs (my all-time favorite) to the menu in the few days between our first and second trips. The short ribs were also excellent, and DH loved his meals both nights as well.

Last trip with my adult sister, we ate at the Nomad Lounge three times! The ribs are phenomenal, we also liked the fish tacos, the wings, etc. We aren't HUGE eaters, so being able to walk in there with no ressie, have some good food and a nice glass of wine is awesome. Next trip we'll be back, and also will probably do Skipper's Canteen at least twice! I've also done the Territory Lounge multiple times in a trip - it's a great spot and we love that you can get the Portebello Soup from AP there!

Waffles at Sleepy Hollow. The first one went down so fast, my stomach didn't have time to register before I was back in line for another! And I'm talking plain with powdered sugar--so good that over the years I've never gotten around to the ones with toppings!

The things I didn't have twice in one trip but are top of my list to have again in July are:

Macaron ice cream sandwich, Artisans Des Glaces
Biergarten buffet (pretzel rolls, pretzel rolls, pretzel rolls)
Mickey ganache

My picky adult daughter rarely eats breakfast foods, however, last trip we ate breakfast at Rainforest Cafe twice because she loved the seasoned breakfast potatoes so much. She is already planning having breakfast there several times next year. I had the caprese sandwich a couple times at AoA food court but don't think I will make a special trip to the resort just for it.

- Quick Service Meals - Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom - Hands down one of my favorites. Also Be Our Guest at MK is really good too!
- Sit Down Meals - Garden Grill at Epcot - Been here at least 5 times or more, Great every single time! Teppan Edo at Epcot - Love the environment
- Snacks - Dole Whip, Mickey Bar and Cotton Candy - Only the stuff from MK as they make it fresh

Cheesy Brisket at Geyser Point. It was the perfect late night snack, after park snack! We got it twice and it was just as good both times!

Earl of Sandwich! We ate there for the first time our last trip, and I was like "why have we never eaten here??" It was so good we went back the next day. I got the holiday turkey both times - it was amazing and I don't really eat sandwiches.
This was the only QS we did twice in one trip
We never repeat TS in the same trip (because we spend AGES choosing them in the first place) but we have gone back to favourite TS on subsequent trips

Boma dinner.....or Biergarten for lunch or dinner...... oh yum and so much variety

I had those in spring 2016! So good! They're different now, though. :(

I know! It broke my heart when I saw they were off the menu. I'm sure hoping they will bring them back again some day because I've heard that the menu is constantly changing and sometimes old items show back up again. But I'm not holding my breath either. :)

Teppan Edo, the steak and shrimp combo. Had a spare TS left last year after a disaster at LTT where we walked out due to a huge delay. Went straight on MDE to find a Teppan Edo cancellation because we loved it so much!
Oh this is my favorite also !
We also have to eat at Sci Fi every trip, it is like our family tradition. I get the steak which always good.
BOG lunch is a must do, the braised pork is what I get.
Ohana dinner is another we have to go to. Love all of it but the shrimp and steak are my favorite.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

As we're gearing up for our trip in late July, we're thinking an awful lot about Disney food.

So, I'm wondering.. was there a Disney meal that was SO good that you had to have it again during the same trip (even tho you hadn't originally planned to)?

Answers for each of these would be helpful:
- Quick Service Meals
- Sit Down Meals
- Snacks

Our bellies thank you.
popcorn::
- T and D and E

Satu'li Canteen- beef, potato hash, and creamy herb dressing. Had it twice in 4 days and can't wait to eat it again in October.
BOG- roast beef on millet bread with Dijon mayonnaise (kind of cudtomized my own sandwich)
Biergarten- it's a buffet but we eat there every single trip.

Lobster at Narcoosees. We came out of the meal and I cancelled our reservation for two nights later and booked narcoosees again. (And brought more clothes next time it is seriously over air conditioned).

We've also done Shulas twice one trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter