A handful of questions...

That's interesting. I always have my resort reservation linked and have never noticed any advantage--meaning that the reservations seem to disappear as quickly for me as for everyone else. But it's hard to test that without having someone else (like you and your husband did) try at the same time.
I’ve only seen it work for the restaurants Napa Rose and Storybook at the hotel we were staying at.

Everything else went just as fast. We’ve also only tested it that one time and purely by chance. We both have different phones too (Android and iPhone) so tough to know for sure.

I’ve only seen it work for the restaurants Napa Rose and Storybook at the hotel we were staying at.

Everything else went just as fast. We’ve also only tested it that one time and purely by chance. We both have different phones too (Android and iPhone) so tough to know for sure.
So were you staying at GCH? I wonder if it only works for the restaurants that are in the hotel at which you're staying?

So were you staying at GCH? I wonder if it only works for the restaurants that are in the hotel at which you're staying?
Yes, we are staying at GCH. I’m not sure about whether we would have had access to Napa Rose reservations if it was DLH.

The ONLY question I can answer is about the new Disneyland Hotel Palm Breeze Bar lol. I really really love that open air space, but would book Trader Sams as backup in case the weather is too cold or windy to sit outside. I believe you can cancel Trader Sams 2 hours prior without penalty.
Thank you for the response! Definitely looking forward to the new villas and bar.

On the reserved viewing...fireworks for sure IMO...got to do it on a VIP tour and there is something amazing about getting to sit on the benches in the hub right in front of the castle. WOC and F! are also incredible having a reserved area but the Fireworks viewing felt a tad more "magical"...there are so many great areas to watch the parade from that would be last on my list.

Fireworks viewing is all at the hub in benches and just tot he left of the hub in chairs, don't think they are doing the train station any more...F! is chairs spread out in the center section and just left of center, WOC is benches on the upper sidewalk level but dead center of the viewing angle, parades vary but typically it is seating back by Small World.
Thank you so much for the location info! I don’t think I can pass up the fireworks VIP viewing. Just hoping the show is great; it seems there’s something new debuting soon. Not sure.

Thank you TinkAgainU, ParkHopper1 and maleficent55 for the responses to my questions! Would love more if anyone has anything to add. Still wondering what the nighttime entertainment will be end of May.

We made our ressies at 2pm on the dot UK time -the only time living so far from Disney is ever useful is when we make ressies as we do it a reasonable (for us) time! Almost makes up for the 11 hour flight! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter