A handful of questions...

calilou

DIS Veteran
Hello all! So happy to be visiting DLR over Memorial Day weekend to celebrate my 50th! I haven't been since post-COVID reopening in May 2021 (which was a little depressing TBH). We took a break to focus on a once-in-a-lifetime visit to Disney World in November 2022 instead. I'm looking forward to being back! And in need of a little update:

1. Is Lamplight Lounge no longer open for dinner?
2. Do we know what the fireworks show will be in May?
3. What about the parade in DL?
4. I'm not seeing a Carthay Circle option for WOC dining package anymore... anyone know if it's coming back or gone for good?
5. I am making my 50th birthday dreams come true and treating my DH and I to the Fairytale Suite... cannot wait! With it comes VIP viewing for one of the entertainment events which I imagine is fireworks, Fantasmic or a parade. We won't know for sure until the schedule comes out. What would you choose? Where are the VIP viewing areas for each? Pretty certain it's on the terrace area of the Railroad Main Street Station for fireworks, but any additional 411 is greatly appreciated!
6. The other nights of our stay, we'll be in the new Villas at DLH... any tips or helpful info? How is the Palm Breeze Bar? Should we do that the evening we arrive or prioritize Trader Sam's per usual?

TIA! If anyone has additional information to share about staying in one of the Signature Suites, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've seen mentioned we check in at the E-Ticket desk? I am unfamiliar but thinking it is connected with/inside the club level E-Ticket lounge? I have been emailed by a VIP concierge cast member, so I'm sure will get proper instructions but would love any advanced feedback. :)

The ONLY question I can answer is about the new Disneyland Hotel Palm Breeze Bar lol. I really really love that open air space, but would book Trader Sams as backup in case the weather is too cold or windy to sit outside. I believe you can cancel Trader Sams 2 hours prior without penalty.

On the reserved viewing...fireworks for sure IMO...got to do it on a VIP tour and there is something amazing about getting to sit on the benches in the hub right in front of the castle. WOC and F! are also incredible having a reserved area but the Fireworks viewing felt a tad more "magical"...there are so many great areas to watch the parade from that would be last on my list.

Fireworks viewing is all at the hub in benches and just tot he left of the hub in chairs, don't think they are doing the train station any more...F! is chairs spread out in the center section and just left of center, WOC is benches on the upper sidewalk level but dead center of the viewing angle, parades vary but typically it is seating back by Small World.

The ONLY question I can answer is about the new Disneyland Hotel Palm Breeze Bar lol. I really really love that open air space, but would book Trader Sams as backup in case the weather is too cold or windy to sit outside. I believe you can cancel Trader Sams 2 hours prior without penalty.

Have you had luck booking Trader Sam's in 2024? We refreshed at 6am Pacific Time on the 60-day mark and all reservations were either gone by 6:00:01am or never released in the first place. It's a tougher ressie than a Cosmic Rewind boarding group.

Have you had luck booking Trader Sam's in 2024? We refreshed at 6am Pacific Time on the 60-day mark and all reservations were either gone by 6:00:01am or never released in the first place. It's a tougher ressie than a Cosmic Rewind boarding group.
Just to be clear, you need to reserve at 3am PST (6am Florida time) for dining reservations in California. I'd start checking five to ten minutes before. It's also a good idea to go for an odd time - if you see 9:00 and 9:05, go for 9:05 as it's less likely to crash from multiple hits at once. Check again occasionally, since they either release more, or someone cancels. There is so little seating inside Trader Sams, it is hard, but you can do a Walk up waitlist and they will text you if a table comes up. Just my 2 cents worth.

Just to be clear, you need to reserve at 3am PST (6am Florida time) for dining reservations in California. I'd start checking five to ten minutes before. It's also a good idea to go for an odd time - if you see 9:00 and 9:05, go for 9:05 as it's less likely to crash from multiple hits at once. Just my 2 cents worth.
Ha. That was my mistake. It was gone by 5am pacific too on the morning I looked. Thanks. So it's the same time of time as WDW if I recall correctly.

I did notice walk-up wait-listing was reasonable across all of DLR. That just doesn't happen much at WDW.

Just to be clear, you need to reserve at 3am PST (6am Florida time) for dining reservations in California

This is not true. I just made Trader Sam reservations on Friday, for May 14th and they did NOT show up before 6am PT. At 6:01am PT, when I got the reservation screen, there were only 3 time slots available for the after 4pm slots.

This is not true. I just made Trader Sam reservations on Friday, for May 14th and they did NOT show up before 6am PT. At 6:01am PT, when I got the reservation screen, there were only 3 time slots available for the after 4pm slots.
Trader Sam's could be different? This week I booked Olga's and Blue Bayou (both Disneyland) and they opened for 60 day reservations promptly at 3am California time.

Also, Disney hotel guests might be booking earlier based on check in date if it's like WDW.

Last edited:
Trader Sam's could be different? This week I booked Olga's and Blue Bayou (both Disneyland) and they opened for 60 day reservations promptly at 3am California time.

Also, Disney hotel guests might be booking earlier based on check in date if it's like WDW.
It's random. It's SUPPOSED to be 6 am PST, but it could be almost anytime after midnight...or not at all that day. Quite annoying!! But generally speaking, Trader Sam's opens their reservations slots at 6 am Pacific time 60 days out.

Edited to add that DLR does not give any priority to on site guests when it comes to online reservations.

Interesting. When I tried for any reservations on Friday NOTHING was available before 6am, it wasn't until 6am that anything became available. I could NOT sleep that night so I was checking throughout the night. Because I had heard that sometimes things get messed up and they are released early.

Did you book these both on the same day or was it on different days?

Interesting. When I tried for any reservations on Friday NOTHING was available before 6am, it wasn't until 6am that anything became available. I could NOT sleep that night so I was checking throughout the night. Because I had heard that sometimes things get messed up and they are released early.

Did you book these both on the same day or was it on different days?
I booked both Oga’s and Bayou at 3am local (Calif) time on March 4th for May 4th. May 4th is a StarWars thing so I was checking from 2:45am forward, openings came up at almost exactly 3:01

I booked both Oga’s and Bayou at 3am local (Calif) time on March 4th for May 4th. May 4th is a StarWars thing so I was checking from 2:45am forward, openings came up at almost exactly 3:01
That is even stranger because 60 days before May 4th should be March 5th

I’m glad you got your reservations. Just crazy how inconsistent Disney is.

It's random. It's SUPPOSED to be 6 am PST, but it could be almost anytime after midnight...or not at all that day. Quite annoying!! But generally speaking, Trader Sam's opens their reservations slots at 6 am Pacific time 60 days out.

Edited to add that DLR does not give any priority to on site guests when it comes to online reservations.
According to the Disneyland website, on-site guests are supposed to have preferred access to dining reservations (if they add their confirmation number to their account) but it's not clear which table-services restaurants OR whether it actually works....I've always wondered since we tend to stay on-site and I don't think we've had any easier time getting dining reservations when we've booekd at the 60-day window.
1710958933392.png

According to the Disneyland website, on-site guests are supposed to have preferred access to dining reservations (if they add their confirmation number to their account) but it's not clear which table-services restaurants OR whether it actually works....I've always wondered since we tend to stay on-site and I don't think we've had any easier time getting dining reservations when we've booekd at the 60-day window.
View attachment 843585
Yes, they SAY there is "preferred access to hotel dining reservations," but in spite of what it says, I believe that what they may actually do is hold back a few extra reservations for guests who were unable (or didn't try) to make online reservations in advance. In other words, I think it's something you go see the concierge or front desk to request if you were unsuccessful at securing a reservation through the online system. Maybe someone who has tried it will chime in! It would be great if you could call ahead or message them before leaving on your trip.

... I've always wondered since we tend to stay on-site and I don't think we've had any easier time getting dining reservations when we've booekd at the 60-day window.
If I recall at WDW resorts (may not be true for California), if your hotel reservation was linked to your MDE, you could not only book at the 60 day mark (same as everyone else) but for example, if you had a five night stay, you could book the next four days dining reservations of that trip in advance starting at the 60 days from first night timeframe. Cannot recall if it has a 7 or 10 day max...

If I recall at WDW resorts (may not be true for California), if your hotel reservation was linked to your MDE, you could not only book at the 60 day mark (same as everyone else) but for example, if you had a five night stay, you could book the next four days dining reservations of that trip in advance starting at the 60 days from first night timeframe. Cannot recall if it has a 7 or 10 day max...
It’s 60 days and one day at a time at Disneyland.

WDW’s maximum is 60+10

The hotel preferred options here are there is a separate bucket for hotel guests at the hotel restaurants. I’ve only tested it once, but I had the hotel reservation linked and could see Napa Rose reservations where my husband could not see any availability since he hadn’t linked the reservation.

It’s 60 days and one day at a time at Disneyland.

WDW’s maximum is 60+10

The hotel preferred options here are there is a separate bucket for hotel guests at the hotel restaurants. I’ve only tested it once, but I had the hotel reservation linked and could see Napa Rose reservations where my husband could not see any availability since he hadn’t linked the reservation.
That's interesting. I always have my resort reservation linked and have never noticed any advantage--meaning that the reservations seem to disappear as quickly for me as for everyone else. But it's hard to test that without having someone else (like you and your husband did) try at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter