A Guide to Taking it Easy at WDW. Oct 2014 Mother/Daughter Trip Updated 3/6x2 The End!

Awww...how sweet you are to stay up and get those FP+ for mom to see Anna and Elsa. The first time we saw them, we had Anna and Elsa together and they were both equally fabulous. Since they split them up, Elsa has NOT been fabulous at all. But then I am a big Anna fan to begin with.

I hope when they shut down POTC for the length of time that they are that they get it fixed and fixed good. It's gotten crazy how often it is down.

Great Jungle Cruise pictures.

Aww, you are a good daughter going that extra mile to snag an Anna/Elsa FP.

I always enjoy a good Jungle Cruise. Definitely a favourite, with my last two rides being particularly enjoyable.

Ooh ooh ooh it's a Festival of Fantasy!!!

THat's total dedication and pure love to stay up that late to get a FP+.
Great shots on JC.

You're such a good daughter for getting that Anna and Elsa FP! They sure love their chocolate I guess.

Pirates has been having a lot of problems as of late. Rumor is its going down for a big refurb soon to fix that.

The jungle cruise is a great ride as well. I got to experience the jingle cruise this year which was different. That was a cool fact that skippers call the hippos that because they don't have a bottom half.

Well, they do talk about chocolate in the movie so I guess it's an easy subject to bring up. I just read that Pirates will be down from May through Sept. Kind of glad I won't be there when it's down. MK wouldn't be the same. I did the Jingle Cruise in December too and loved the change. We actually saw one of the Hippos out of the water while backstage and they are very strange looking!

Oh good! you were able to do CRT!!! man alive it looks delish! Sorry about the weird meets?!?! what is that about?!?!

great pictures as usual!

I think it just had to do with two adults who aren't that outgoing. That was the first face character meal I've done so I don't know if it's normal for them to hurry a bit or not?

I'm glad you guys got to meet A&E, cute pics! Bummer about Pirates being down, but cool that you got a FP for Jungle Cruise that was available immediately!

I've found that the fourth FP works really well in MK because there are so many options. Not so much though in the other three parks.

Awww...how sweet you are to stay up and get those FP+ for mom to see Anna and Elsa. The first time we saw them, we had Anna and Elsa together and they were both equally fabulous. Since they split them up, Elsa has NOT been fabulous at all. But then I am a big Anna fan to begin with.

I hope when they shut down POTC for the length of time that they are that they get it fixed and fixed good. It's gotten crazy how often it is down.

Great Jungle Cruise pictures.

I do wish I had been able to see them together. I think Elsa was OK, just staying in character since she is so much more reserved than Anna in the movie. Anna is definitely my favorite of the two. I just read yesterday that Pirates will be down from May - Sept this summer. Not sure of the exact dates off the top of my head.

Aww, you are a good daughter going that extra mile to snag an Anna/Elsa FP.

I always enjoy a good Jungle Cruise. Definitely a favourite, with my last two rides being particularly enjoyable.

Ooh ooh ooh it's a Festival of Fantasy!!!

Always got to keep Mama happy! FOF pictures coming right up!

LOVE the pictures on your Cruise!!!!

What? I went on a cruise? Why don't I remember that? :confused3 Oh wait, you must mean the Jungle Cruise. I got confused there for a minute. :lmao:

THat's total dedication and pure love to stay up that late to get a FP+.
Great shots on JC.

Of course I have to keep my Mom happy! Thanks, that ride is easy to take pictures of.

Step 22: Relax and Watch the Afternoon Parade Part 1

We found a pretty good spot right in front of the Trading Post about 45 minutes before the parade start. We were sitting on one of the big planter boxes they have there. The only problem was the lack of shade but there was a bit of cloud cover so we had some relief.

Once I got Mom settled, I went and got us some snacks. It was pretty hot so I got a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and Mom got a Frozen Lemonade. We did have some entertainment while we were sitting there.

I even took a short video to post on Facebook. Sorry the videos are so bad, I took them with my old Iphone 4 and they aren't the best.

Before the parade began, the Disney band (can’t remember their name right now) marched by.

Then the Grand Marshal came by.

Finally it was time for Festival of Fantasy! Unfortunately a guy stood up a little to my left and blocked my good view. Because of that, most of the shots are straight ahead. You can see his arm in this first one.

And yes people behind him yelled but he just ignored them and continued to stand. Let’s move on with some more pictures. I think I took enough that it might take three posts to get them all in.

Darn guy in this next photo again.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Step 22: Relax and Watch the Afternoon Parade Part 2

Continued from Previous Post

The Maleficent part was what Mom and I saw being rehearsed so we were super excited to see it in action.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

Step 22: Relax and Watch the Afternoon Parade Part 3

Continued from Previous Post

Yep, needed a part 3.

We both really enjoyed Festival of Fantasy and I'm glad we took the time out of our day to watch.

Up Next: Step 23: Chill on a Bench on Main Street for Over an Hour

Last edited:
You got so many great pictures!! I'm glad you both enjoyed it and felt it was time well spent. It doesn't look like it was that crowded either!

I absolutely love this parade I can't get enough of it. Every time I'm in the parki have to watch it. I also love music for it as well. Come to think of it after your Pictures the tic toc croc was not in the parade when I saw it in January I completely forgot about him. Something must have been wrong that day.

Wonderful pictures of the parade. Shame that there was one guest that took the selfish view and stood up right in front. Oh well.

I have to say I really appreciated having people to watch the parade with last trip. Just being able to go get snacks, bathroom break, whatever, and have your spot held is something I really miss on solo trips.

Ugh. I try not to let things bug me, and I know plenty of people do it, but it just frustrates me SO MUCH when people stand in front during a parade. Definitely a big pet peeve.

But even still, you got some fantastic photos. I LOVE THIS PARADE!!!

How did I miss these updates yesterday?! :) I do not like this new "alert" thing on the Dis--I'm still figuring things out!

We have only been to CRT once but we loved it so much, too! I must admit I was really dying to have one of those wands and our server hooked me up, too :) I love those extra little magical touches. Did they do the little ceremony with the wishing stars for the kids, too? When we went it was in 2011 for my son's 2nd birthday, so I'm not sure if things have changed, but that was seriously adorable!

I've read that the KTTK tour is so worthwhile!! My Mom and I are planning to do the Backstage Magic tour in 2016, where you get to do a little behind the scenes at all four parks---it's a 7 hour tour, I think. I really hope they don't discontinue it in the meantime!!

Enjoying your trip report!! I love that you and your mom are spending so much time together. I'd love to do that with my mom...I think I would have a hard time with the whole "slowing down" thing...but it looks like you are doing great! Probably helps that you have been to Disney a few times....

Great pictures!!!! I do love that parade!! the colors are just AMAZING!!! Ohh sat on a bench for an hour?!?! actually sounds perfect. :love:

You got so many great pictures!! I'm glad you both enjoyed it and felt it was time well spent. It doesn't look like it was that crowded either!

Thanks! Crowds weren't too bad that day.

I absolutely love this parade I can't get enough of it. Every time I'm in the parki have to watch it. I also love music for it as well. Come to think of it after your Pictures the tic toc croc was not in the parade when I saw it in January I completely forgot about him. Something must have been wrong that day.

Hmmm, wonder what was wrong with the Tic Toc Croc that day? I know if it's too windy the stilt walkers won't be out.

Wonderful pictures of the parade. Shame that there was one guest that took the selfish view and stood up right in front. Oh well.

Thanks! There always has to be one doesn't there?

I have to say I really appreciated having people to watch the parade with last trip. Just being able to go get snacks, bathroom break, whatever, and have your spot held is something I really miss on solo trips.

Ugh. I try not to let things bug me, and I know plenty of people do it, but it just frustrates me SO MUCH when people stand in front during a parade. Definitely a big pet peeve.

But even still, you got some fantastic photos. I LOVE THIS PARADE!!!

It was nice to be able to run and get something for Mom and I while she held our spot. I was so annoyed by that guy but not as ticked off as the people behind him!

How did I miss these updates yesterday?! :) I do not like this new "alert" thing on the Dis--I'm still figuring things out!

We have only been to CRT once but we loved it so much, too! I must admit I was really dying to have one of those wands and our server hooked me up, too :) I love those extra little magical touches. Did they do the little ceremony with the wishing stars for the kids, too? When we went it was in 2011 for my son's 2nd birthday, so I'm not sure if things have changed, but that was seriously adorable!

I've read that the KTTK tour is so worthwhile!! My Mom and I are planning to do the Backstage Magic tour in 2016, where you get to do a little behind the scenes at all four parks---it's a 7 hour tour, I think. I really hope they don't discontinue it in the meantime!!

I don't like the alert thing either. I was having trouble with the e-mail alerts long before the change though so I've gotten used to using the "Watched Threads" button. We didn't get to see the wishing star ceremony, maybe they did it later after we left. I've thought about the Backstage Magic tour and I'm sure Mom and I will get to that one eventually. I did enjoy the KTTK tour although I actually got a tiny bit bored towards the end because I already knew everything she was telling us. I guess that's the problem with being a Disney trivia nerd.

Enjoying your trip report!! I love that you and your mom are spending so much time together. I'd love to do that with my mom...I think I would have a hard time with the whole "slowing down" thing...but it looks like you are doing great! Probably helps that you have been to Disney a few times....

Thanks! We definitely love to travel together. Yeah, I think we are at the point where we have been so many times, we don't have the urgency to run from ride to ride to get everything in.

Great pictures!!!! I do love that parade!! the colors are just AMAZING!!! Ohh sat on a bench for an hour?!?! actually sounds perfect. :love:

Thanks, I was pretty happy with some of those photos. It doesn't hurt that the parade is so photogenic.

Step 23: Chill on a Bench on Main Street for Over an Hour

When the parade was over, we headed back towards Adventureland. I’m not sure what our intended destination was but when we got to Pirates I saw it was open but with a huge wait time.

I found Mom a bench near the Tiki Room and headed down by the Jungle Cruise to try for another FP+ for Pirates. I did get one for 6:20 – 7:20. That would be pushing it a little with our dinner ADR at 7:15 but I figured we could make it with no problem since our ADR was in the park.

I picked up Mom again and since we were right there, decided to go get out of the heat and into some air conditioning by visiting the Tiki Birds. I took a grand total of one picture the entire show.

Mom wanted to do some shopping so our next destination was Main Street. We made our way down one side through the Emporium and then up the other side. We didn’t buy anything but spotted a few things we would be picking up on the way out. After finishing, we realized that we still had over an hour till our Pirates FP+ and there was really nothing else with a line short enough for us to do. So we found a bench in the shade right next to the jewelry store and plopped down there for over an hour. Yep, we sat on a bench on Main Street for more than an hour. I did take some pictures from my seat.

As you can see by this photo, we were right at the entrance to the ally in between the jewelry store and the crystal arts store. The parade that is coming down the street was from the flag lowering ceremony.

Artsy balloon photos.

Do you see the couple in the background of this next one? They are sitting under the white umbrella.

They were getting a characture done and the artist drew a speech bubble that said “will you marry me”. The lady didn’t know about it till the artist showed them the drawing at the end. So Mom and I got to watch a proposal on Main Street. That was a really cute and unique way to do it. I didn’t take pictures of the actual proposal because I felt a little creepy. I should have though, don’t know what I was thinking!

The Move it, Shake it Parade came by too and I took some photos without getting up from our bench.

We actually sat there so long that the Move it, Shake it parade came by twice!

Up Next: Step 24: Climb a Tree to Watch the Sunset

Ever since FP+ pirates has had long standby lines. I love the Halloween decor one day I'll see it in person. That was a cute way to do a proposal most do it front of the castle. That seemed like a more secluded area for them.

For just sitting on a bench, you sure did see a lot! But I guess that's the beauty of Disney, there is always something to look at :) So cool that you got to witness a proposal!

Oof, 45 minutes for Pirates. Thank you FP+.

Every single trip I promise myself that I'm going to see the Tiki Room, and every single trip I fail. Next time!

Awwww what a great proposal. I love seeing stuff like that in Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter