~~ A Celebration of Life-long friendship ~~ Sew Sweet 16 ~~ Now N' Thens 3/11

oh D i looked at these pictures over and over.. and brought back that feeling of being there. your right it's perfection in all it's sparkly grandeur!
OK i am going back to look at them all again..

I love the PP pictures too.. Especially the one with the girls kissing you!!!

Sorry MM got worms from the other dogs. I hope the owns take better care of the dogs now but somehow I doubt it .
Work sounds boring. Doing freight all day isn't fun unless it's in your own department.
All the new equipment is installed in the photo lab. We still can't do calenders or photo books. the whole catalog hasn't downloaded yet. I'm not sure if I like the new canvas and faux materials. They don't seem as nice as HP's was. The colors are nicer though.
Sorry it's your last day at Disney. Last days are so sad. All the pictures came out good, though.
Have a good day.
Liz

Hi,
Last day MUST be MK I am with you! Glad to hear Allison is feeling better and back to work. I have to tell you that I made my own sausage the other day. I do not usually eat much sausage I have a thing with animal fat YUCKY. It never occurred to me to ask for ground boneless pork (way less fat) and make my own. They are delicious. I went with smoked paprika and light on the thyme and sage.

Over the past few weekends my husband has had to be at work all weekend. We have gotten a little bit of snow here in the Boston area HAHA understatement of the year 96.0 inches to date and might I say its snowing right now!!!!!! So he worked valentines day but we were snowbound and I have had the cold. He was scheming, the man who does not care for DISNEY (shudder)................................................

Today, he brought home a little surprise. I AM GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!! A friend he works with is a DVC owner and he has not been able to use his points with his youngest in HS. He gave us 3 nights - Saratoga Springs - Never been there and don't care if I sleep in a tent.

When we go to SC for my DD BF Army graduation we are driving. He arranged it so we drive to FL first so I am leaving in under a month 3/21-3/24. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not ready it takes me years to plan and get my spreadsheets ready!!!!!!!!

I may even try to create a ticker but its different now and I may not be able to figure it out.

Have a great day tomorrow!!!!
Jane

I'm so sad to hear that MM got worms from the other dogs. Poor MM
I hope you have a great day in your sewing room.

How great to get pictures in an empty Magic Kingdom.

Here it's snowing again. Luckily it doesn't snow that much yet, but the day is still young (it's 1.50pm) so it can still snow a lot before the day is over.

Well, MM didn't actually get worms from the other dogs - that we know of... The little girl dog had worms the first time we had her and we treated her for them, the owners knew that... They never treated their other dog - so it's likely both of those dogs had worms. We only treated MM as a precautionary measure, per the vet's recommendation.

I know - I love an empty MK.

I hope you didn't get too much snow.

That's so awesome that you get to go into the park before opening for your breakfast....I bet those ADR's are hard to come by!

These ADRs do go quickly, but they aren't too bad to get. As long as you are trying early enough. :) We always eat at the same restaurant, with an early entry to MK on our last day for this very reason.

Beautiful pictures of Main Street! I want to be back there so badly right now.

I loved everyone of your Photopass pictures but the one of the girls kissing you is just the best!

I know- I am dying to go back. I'd love to book right at this very moment... Soon though - I hope.

Thanks! That is one of my favorite too!

Oh my goodness D - you started my morning out right - I had a little lump in my throat with the pictures of you and your girls; ya'll are so beautiful together. The very last pic of the 5 of you could not be any better.

A sparkling beautiful morning at MK; the best way to start a day. Cannot wait for more! Have a beautiful day! Hugs and prayers, Carol

Hehehe... Happy I could make your day! I love how all of those pictures turned out - we had a lot of fun that morning.

I know - I just LOVE how MK sparkles in the morning - beautiful! And I don't know that many people get a chance to enjoy it, because they are running to their first ride... I always try to take it in.

My biggest regret from last August is not stopping for PP photogs before our Crystal Palace reservation. We were scheduled for 8am and weren't let into the park until 745, and the lines were loooong so I thought we'd be late. We weren't the first to check in for our breakfast, but we were the first people let into the restaurant, so that was fun, BUT I'm sad about missing all those photos with minimal people behind us. It was the only time I wasn't dragging my family to every photographer we saw. Oh well, live and learn, and this July, GET THOSE PP PICTURES, lol!!!

Yes, we had the exact issue... Our ADRs were at 8:05 and we didn't get into the park until 10 till... But I knew we had a 15 minute grace period... So, much to my family's dismay - we had our pictures done, and then ran to our ADR... We were let in almost immediately. It worked out in the end. Take the time this July - even if you are a few minutes late for your ADR - they will hold it for you. Pictures like this are so worth it, IMO. :thumbsup2

oh D i looked at these pictures over and over.. and brought back that feeling of being there. your right it's perfection in all it's sparkly grandeur!
OK i am going back to look at them all again..

I love the PP pictures too.. Especially the one with the girls kissing you!!!

I know - these are my favorite of the whole trip - it's just so awesome to have an empty MK... And most people rush past the photographers to get to their ADRs, so most of them have no wait.

Sigh... I want to go back to WDW.

Sorry MM got worms from the other dogs. I hope the owns take better care of the dogs now but somehow I doubt it .
Work sounds boring. Doing freight all day isn't fun unless it's in your own department.
All the new equipment is installed in the photo lab. We still can't do calenders or photo books. the whole catalog hasn't downloaded yet. I'm not sure if I like the new canvas and faux materials. They don't seem as nice as HP's was. The colors are nicer though.
Sorry it's your last day at Disney. Last days are so sad. All the pictures came out good, though.
Have a good day.
Liz

Technically - MM didn't get worms from the other dogs - that we know of... We just knew the other dogs had worms and they were around MM - we decided it was better to be safe and just treat MM.

Yah - LOL - I am not sure that freight is fun at any time? LOL I just really dislike doing freight. I don't mind doing it once in a while or doing it after I finish other work - but to do it all day every day - no thanks. :thumbsup2

Bummer about the new equipment being so different , hopefully once you get used to it - you will like it better than you do now?

I know - I hate last days... But we did so much - so this will be a very long update! ::yes::

I hope you have a great day too!

Hi,
Last day MUST be MK I am with you! Glad to hear Allison is feeling better and back to work. I have to tell you that I made my own sausage the other day. I do not usually eat much sausage I have a thing with animal fat YUCKY. It never occurred to me to ask for ground boneless pork (way less fat) and make my own. They are delicious. I went with smoked paprika and light on the thyme and sage.

Over the past few weekends my husband has had to be at work all weekend. We have gotten a little bit of snow here in the Boston area HAHA understatement of the year 96.0 inches to date and might I say its snowing right now!!!!!! So he worked valentines day but we were snowbound and I have had the cold. He was scheming, the man who does not care for DISNEY (shudder)................................................

Today, he brought home a little surprise. I AM GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!! A friend he works with is a DVC owner and he has not been able to use his points with his youngest in HS. He gave us 3 nights - Saratoga Springs - Never been there and don't care if I sleep in a tent.

When we go to SC for my DD BF Army graduation we are driving. He arranged it so we drive to FL first so I am leaving in under a month 3/21-3/24. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not ready it takes me years to plan and get my spreadsheets ready!!!!!!!!

I may even try to create a ticker but its different now and I may not be able to figure it out.

Jane

Oooh Jane - I am so happy you made your own sausage - isn't it awesome? And easy? I have to make another batch this morning - I've been out for several days and I am feeling it. I am trying to get a little bit more Whole30 strict for a little while, I really enjoyed how I felt on it - and many people use it as a reset... So, I am thinking of doing another Whole30 for the month of March? We'll see.

Awww... I am sooo excited for you!!! A bit jealous - but I know I am right behind you. That will be a wonderful place to stay - it looks so beautiful! And I've heard great things about it too. Yikes - but only a month to plan... I'd be in absolute terror planning mode!!! LOL YOu'll have a great time, I know it! I'd love to hear how it goes when you get back.

Thanks! You too!!! And happy planning!!! ::yes::

***************************************************************************************

I had a great sewing room day yesterday...

I was able to finish the applique for last week's custom order for my friend. THat is such a relief... Now I can work on assembly as time permits. I was also able to cut out and quilt this week's custom order. So, as far as that goes - I am right on schedule. :thumbsup2

Gus came over after Allison got home from school, he had dinner here and hung out with Allison for the remainder of the evening.

Wednesdays are always church nights for V... So she spent the evening at church. :lovestruc

Today... It's a heavy lifting day for me... So, I will do that just as soon as the girls get on the bus.

I need to get upstairs ASAP and get as much work done as possible.

Josh came home last night and informed me that he needs a suit or sport coat for work tomorrow... I don't want to go into any details - because I don't want to jynx anything... But we'd love some Pixie Dust for this... So, tonight we have to go out and buy him one of the above. That should be interesting... ::yes::

Nothing else exciting is going on...

I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday! Prayers and Pixie Dust go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Day 7 Part 2

We had just finished up with all of our Photopass photographers... We had about 2 minutes to make it to our ADR...

Ack!!! But we had to stop for one last photo...

20140826_080041.jpg

Our Crystal Palace ADR was at 8:05, and we checked in promptly at 8:01... With hoards and hoards of people in front of us... Sigh. But we had lots of awesome pictures, so I would just have to deal with being at the back of the crowd.

To my surprise - they called us in a very short time later... That was nice. Not only did we get our pictures, but we get to eat too.

Our server was Ryan - he was a very nice guy! And as usual - the puffed french toast was TDF! I think I had 2? Maybe more... Mmmm... In my defense - this was on my list. ::yes::

The characters started to come quickly, so BFF and I tried to time our trips to the buffet so someone could be at the table to take pics.

20140826_081947.jpg

20140826_082008.jpg

And probably one of my favorite pictures of Olivia on the whole trip... We asked Tigger if her could pose like he did for her bag...

20140826_082032.jpg

20140826_082407.jpg

20140826_082451.jpg

20140826_084016.jpg

20140826_084045.jpg

20140826_084208.jpg

And since we were celebrating the girls' birthdays again at this ADR, Ryan brought out cards for each of them and a "Cupcake" for Olivia - since she has an egg allergy... The girls and I were hysterical over the literal "Cupcake"...

20140826_085505.jpg

20140826_085521.jpg

We were done with our delicious - must do Crystal Palace meal promptly at 9:10am.

BFF decided she needed to go smoke... So the girls and I moved on and enjoyed our first ride of the day... She could catch up with us later.

POTC was walk on... So, we walked on.

20140826_090311.jpg

20140826_090620.jpg

20140826_090641.jpg

BFF was texting us... She decided to ride POTC on her own. The girls and I moved on to Splash... I wanted to get a ride or two on Splash before it got busy...

Splash was walk on too!

20140826_092256.jpg

20140826_092415.jpg

wd036wdw2014238113398179_7045460464_18.jpeg

BFF finally caught up with us, and she wanted to ride Splash... This time it was a 10 min wait, but totally worth it - IMO.

wd037wdw2014238113409444_7045459831_18.jpeg

It was a perfectly beautiful MK morning, and we were all so happy to be there!

So, where were we off to next?

Link to Day 7 Part 3

D~

Last edited:
I hope you have a great day in your sewing room.
You got a lot of great photos with the characters. I love the photo with Olivia and Tigger posing as on the bag.

We didn't get that much snow yesterday. But today it's snowing again.

Last edited:
Looks like another great day at MK!! There were no breakfast ADR's to be had for our trip in March upcoming...sigh...I will have to make do with QS in the park or breakfast at our hotel...but we will be there as early as we can!!

Love those pics with Tigger!!!

Hi,

Jane
That is great! SSR is a nice resort. You can walk to Downtown disney from there.

My sister just told me she might be going to WDW for her honeymoon the first week in May.
It was a perfectly beautiful MK morning, and we were all so happy to be there!

So, where were we off to next?

D~

Was olivia taking a selfie in the last splash mountain photo?

I love the early morning ADR's before the park opens. Great way to get some cool pictures in.

Love the character pictures from CP. I have yet to eat there but it's definitely on my list of places to try.

I love those early morning hours when rides are a walk on!

Both of your ride photos on Splash are awesome.

I'm so glad that you updated your TR today. It is nice to remember that winter does end and that there will come a day when we won't be freezing cold and wearing layers of clothes. :cold:

Both you and Olivia look cute in your head gear. Everyone looks like they are having fun. You haven't done a wrap up yet, but I'm guessing that your trip went very well.:)

We have never done the early breakfast at MK yet. I definitely want to try that. We had it scheduled for our first trip, but we had done sooo many character meals by then, the kids did not want to get up extra early for yet another one. Some person got lucky when we cancelled 2 days before. Lesson learned is that we don't try to do everything each trip.

I was sitting here thinking about the next bag I would want for Disney. I was figuring since we only use them a few times or less a year (few times last year, much less or zero times this year) that they should last for a very long time and I was figuring them passed down to grandchildren. So I would want a classic, fab 5 bag. Who knows if people will remember Flik or Olaf by then. Just a little tangent of where my brain went today.

Good luck with finding the sports jacket or suit coat. Hopefully, all goes well. I am super glad that Alli is on the mend and back to work.

I am off work tomorrow, so I will wish you a great weekend now.

Really enjoying your trip report so far. we love pofq we have stayed there twice and are booked in again for April. All you outfits and bags are amazing. Looking forward to hearing more ::yes::

Yep D, .... I too will be scheduling an early morning breakfast at Crystal Palace just to get those empty main street pictures. How wonderful!

So... you've opened Magic Kingdom. .. have you ever closed Magic Kingdom and stayed to watch the Goodnight Kiss?

I wanna do both on our next trip... happy sigh....

We did breakfast at Crystal Palace last trip too - it was lots of fun and the characters are so much fun!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for Josh (cuz good things come in threes!)

My apologies for no replies this morning... The Dis was down when I normally do them. I will try to hop on tonight, otherwise I will do them in the morning - but I must get up to work now. :)

I hope you all have a fabulous day! :grouphug:

D~

I just love reading your trip reports - I almost have them all read! And...I absolutely love love love your bags! They are so beautiful and perfect for a Disney trip. I'd love to buy one too, may I please have information about them?:flower:

Crystal Palace looked like a lot of fun! I would love to have a meal there in the future! Also, Splash MTn is one of my faves, so seeing those pictures makes me so happy! :)

Great update!! Last days are always so tough! At least you know you will be going back!

I hope the reason why Josh needed a suit or sport coat is for something exciting!! Pixie dust sent your way!!!:tinker:

Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter