A Boogerlicious PTR - We leave today!!!!!

I know you have already departed, but I am still wishing you safe travels and note that yet again our paths have almost crossed. We hit Knoxville on our way to Nashville to Brian's tournament. I really wanted to detour home through Ashville, NC. The Biltmore is so super cool (and the last time I was there was like 20 years ago). I hope you have an awesome trip. I would love to see Charleston. Just ran into a friend from church who moved there a year ago. She LOVES it!!!!!!

Uhaul is here now let the packing commence! He is busy going around my house asking "Can I..." and Carsyn is sure there will be nothing left for her first apartment. I feel like I am on my death bed with no will.

Oh I forgot that he had his own apartment now!! Poor Carsyn, just tell her that now means she gets new stuff!! I absolutely love shopping for furniture!

HOLY PETER! We leave today.

I am not packed at all. Like literally not one bit.

I have no food prepared minus a few grocery sacks of things but nothing actually cooked or baked.

That alone should tell you the week with my Dad it has been.

If you see a Booger on the side of the road and panhandlers outside of it - be kind.

I guess I should give you an idea of our itinerary now.

I mean we do leave today and you all have not even been pushy one bit for details.

Today: Leave in the afternoon and drive to Cedar Rapids, IA. Spend the night at a Hampton Inn with Dan who is already there for work.

Friday: Leave early for Knoxville with Dan, and get there in a good time after eating breakfast and stealing all the granola bars and bananas we can since umm yeah...I have no food ready to go.

Saturday: Leave Shannon in Knoxville to drive to Anderson and unload all of Treyner's stuff and set up his place a bit. Unload his storage unit. Drive to Charleston to start our trip at the beach! Staying at a county park campsite!!!

Sunday - Thursday: Sight-see at Charleston, do Boone Hall Plantation and other historical sights. See my cousin and his family which might mean a quick jaunt to Savanna. Also may pop by HH to actually have a Disney moment but no promises.

Thursday: drive back to Anderson and head N to Ashville to spend night.

Friday: Spend day at Ashville, NC at the Biltmore and drive to Knoxville to see Shannon again.

Saturday: drive home

That is the big picture and it is very vague. Weather determines a lot because if it hotter than a jock itch on the devil, we will be camping inside a Holiday Inn.

BTW: Be prepared for a few surprise guests along the way!!!! This rag tag army has grown as fast as a Chia Pet! :love:

Ok - I will pop in throughout the day to let you all know how we are doing!!!

I will wave at you on your way through KY!! :)

We are in Iowa for the night! Ended up leaving at 5:30 p.m. after a last minute hunt for a vehicle title we needed, in order to sell it.

Arrived in Coralville at 11:08 p.m and have already gone through a tank of gas at $79 a fill since we are pulling the Uhaul! Rain and straight winds at us for the last 2 hours was not eco friendly!

Off for some pizza and sleep. Plan on leaving by 6:30 a.m. for the 12 hour drive to Knoxville! :cool1:

OH wow, first Key West and now Charleston! Those are two of my favorite places to visit! I will not be jealous, I will not be jealous, I will not.......oh who am I kidding, I am jealous! But I do hope you are having a wonderful time.

Terri

Have a great trip! I can't believe I just found your PTR and you are gone already :eek: Pee in the ocean for me! Hehehe, just a joke people, just a joke!

Hey, Dawn, hurry up and get the sand out of your crack :beach: and get back to your TR! It was great meeting you and your family. Had a great time! Can't wait to see pictures!

Hi all!

Any idea how many feathers it takes to fill a goose down pillow? :confused3

Well I can tell you a technical term is a "butt load" ;) because of the amount I am still in the process of cleaning thanks to one of my two big dogs who were ohhh sooooo happy to hold a scientific experiment while we were gone. :3dglasses

Yup! Got home last night at 5 p.m. to a Macy's Thankgiving Day Parade confettipalooza ala feathers. :scared1:

Reason # 198740230 why a person should not have your ex watch your animals while you are gone. :snooty:

Oh....did I forget to mention the small factoid that our dog sitter backed out at the last minute?

Yup and our dependable neighbor Leah who did a fantabulous job while we were at burn camp was with us so she was obviously a no go as well. So he was the last resort and since I again, was doing the majority of the packing, unpacking, moving and time with Treyner to get him to college, I figured he could help out in some capacity.

I AM A MORON. If he was helpless before, what on this earth made me feel he could handle this project?

Desperation, that's what!

Seems a few nights ago there was a storm and shutting windows was a neccessity but making sure you shut the door behind you to close off bedrooms, was not. :headache:

Now the dogs are good most of the time but he was not able to run them like usual the 2 days before we came home so they were bored and bored + a down pillow = a lot of fun to a dog. I gather that fact because it was just not torn into and left in one bedroom but dispursed througout the house!

Actually what I am gathering is over 2 trashbags full of feathers. :mad:

Then you have the best part which is feathers blow in the wind or any simple air movement so they are in corners, closets, tops of shelves and I found one in the fridge last night. :mad:

Not Happy!!!! Hearing, "Well they are not my dogs and you are not paying me so be greatfull," does not make me less perturbed. A simple warning I would be walking into a horror movie from some fine feathered friends would have been nice as well. :sad2:

The worst is I need to think of retaliation but it is going to be harder to do than I would like.

When we were together and he really made me mad I had easy access to his belongings to seek revenge. pirate:

Like replacing the top inch of his toothpaste tube with babies diaper rash "Desetin." It took time and a toothpick but it was so worth it! That wake up, brush your teeth to have a sparkling smile and fresh breath had a whole new meaning that morning! :lmao:

Off to continue to pluck feathers from varies cracks and crevices around the house and hopefully they will not be mine! :rotfl2:

BTW - I will finish the last TR before the end of tomorrow. That way I can start this one with a clean slate!!!

Thanks for all the support guys in reading these tales of the road. I miss you all when I am gone! :love:

Now I've had puppy vs pillow but no feathers just polyfil, not as much of a headache and alot easier to clean up still funny to come home to a dog peering out of a crate completely filled from floor to ceiling with polyfil and a dogs nose sticking out of the middle of it. Sounds like your ex has a give a .... attitude if its not his he doesn't care. so how was the trip did you get Treynor set up? Hope it was fun, and I would love to go see the Biltmore, maybe someday.

Oh no... :sad2:

Well, at least you can call him an EX!!! :laughing:

Lets look on the positive side, at least it was only a feather pillow that was destroyed, and not a piece of furniture or some of value... And now you've gotten a good start on your fall house cleaning!!! :lmao:

Oh no, that's no way to come home from a trip. I do hope you had a good time in spite of what you came home to.

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter