A Boogerlicious PTR - We leave today!!!!!

Dizneydawn

One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna
DVC Gold
Hola!

This will be a quickie. A short and sassy PTR. It will not contain a variety of information like hours, restaurants and an itinerary to make a 4 Star General proud.

You will be lucky if you get to know where we are going. ;)

You see - this is a PTR that starts on a Monday and we leave on Thursday. :scared1:

Calm down. Swallow that BP medicine you should have taken with your Grape Nuts this morning. (BTW - -I saw you eat that piece of bacon when you know darn well you are not bacon friendly. That urpy tummy is going to wreak havoc on your system and when Billy Boss calls you into a surprise meeting this morning and you have to tell Sally Secretary you just got a call from Mother Nature.....don't say you didn't know better. Next time stick with the safe choice. Have a piece of grapefruit cause the Lord knows I will be eating your share of bacon. :rolleyes1)

Ok - I digress enough.

Did I ever tell you guys that my mouth was taped shut in kindergarten? No? Well it is a true story and now you know.

Anyway, I have written some TR's in my day and they usually involve Disney at some level.

This trip may not involve Disney at all. :eek:

See....I told you to take that med!

Breathe.

Slow yourself down.

It's gonna be alright.

Really - I promise.

You might want to get that twitch looked at later by a professional.

Just a suggestion and not necessarily a direct order.

Some people wear a twitch well. :cool2:

You look like it might just be your signature twitch.

Or is it a tick? :confused3

Getting back to this very short PTR....

We leave Thursday to bring my oldest son to college. He needs to be there by August 4th but since he will be in an apartment and his roommates stayed in SC this summer, we can get rid of him early. :upsidedow

Ok - Ya caught me. I love that boy more than life. I am sad to see the summer come to an end but he needs to get there, and getting there before August 1st means not paying for a storage unit he has there for another month so let's be realistic.

It's all about the money.

And since we are driving all the way there - why not take a few days from the hectic schedule of 40 hours on the road and take our time and sit at the beach for a few days. Cause you know I love the ocean and when this MN girl is 4 hours from sand in her crack...there tends to be caution and common sense thrown to the wind.

So our schedule is still evolving. Here though is the gist:

Thursday July 22nd: Leave
Saturday July 31st: Come Home

Hope that helps ease your mind for those that are obsessive planners and have the family sneeze cycles worked into the carefully laid out organizational itineraries. :rotfl:

Okay - we do have more details. Ya got me.

I will post them in a bit.

For now though - what you need to know is a few things.

#1 Title of the PTR: We drive on long road trips a conversion van known as, "The Booger." Her maiden voyage was over spring break when we drove to the Florida Keys and also made a 3 day pit stop at Disney.

#2 The people going:

P1040739.jpg

Dan and I. The amazing man who has made this second go around at love more than I could have imagined. He is cute and funny and I love him. He finds me utterly fascinating and witty and thinks I could be Queen if we had one in America which we don't so I have to settle for simply being awesome which is a long thing to write on a sash so I usually stay low key and practice waving at people randomly on the street from my car. Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist. I know my Queen duties even if I get paid jack squat for them.

P1020288.jpg

Carsyn (long hair) and one of her BF's Leah, our neighbor. (The pic is from June 2009 when we went to Sioux Falls for a soccer tourney. They will kill me for posting this!)

P1020947.jpg

Them the first day of school Sept. 2009. Yes, Leah has a lunch bag with Spiderman on it. She is eclectic and goofy and has just a sure sense of herself. You never know what color her hair might be and she can always find the bright spot in any gloomy horizon.

This is how we met Leah in 1996.

The doorbell rings as we are starting to unpack on August 28th and I open it to a blond, tall, young girl who is obviously excited to have new children in the neighborhood. I say hello and Leah says:

"My name is Leah and I am 4 1/2. I live next door. (Points to house.) My mom is really big now cause she is going to have a baby soon. My grandma is here helping her but not my grandpa cause he is dead. My grandma is not dead cause she is not done yet." (Said as if her grandma was a turkey in the oven.) And Leah has been a fixture in this home ever since.

So Leah, who was not able to come originally because they were going to do a bike ride in Iowa as a family, ended up getting asthma of sorts when she exercises this past spring and it has not gotten better. So as of last Saturday, was for sure coming on this adventure. Yeah for us! :cheer2:

Carsyn and her will both be seniors next year. We plan on looking for a few schools for Carsyn as well on this journey. Her senior pics are all set and she is excited to be turning a new chapter in her life. Her idea for a major has recently changed. Now she wants elementary education with a minor in photography. Taking pics in the summers for graduations and weddings and building her business in that while still getting a steady paycheck!

Next UP:

P1080051-1.jpg

Treyner. The college kid. Soccer player and student of summer school who now knows why it pays to study and do well when given the opportunity first time through a class. :teacher: :rolleyes:

P1080166.jpg

His prize catch from last week's Family Burn Camp we attended!

Then there is Baylor:

P1080212-1.jpg

9th grade next year and just a great kid. He will be in the water the longest at the beach. We should have named him Scuba Steve.

P1080202.jpg

Baylor and Dan at Burn Camp at the closing ceremonies just this past Friday night.

Last but not Least is Kizzy:

P1080068.jpg

P1080071.jpg

Not very lady like and our newest addition to the fur posse in our home. She was actually picked up in Knoxville on our spring break trip this year as an unexpected souvenir. She is amazingly funny and we adore her even though we are not "small" dog people. :snooty:

Up next: The what and where!!!

Hi Dawn! up for another one too. Love your TR's , and honestly don't care where you are headed!

KIM

Dawn -

I am so excited that you are writing about this trip because I know its going to be a hoot!

On the other hand, I am sorry that we are going to be close, yet still so far away as you visit the coastal Carolina beaches.

I thought of you on my recent trip to Tenn. I wondered if I could find some cool road pictures. I didn't - well only a few.

Here's to another Booger adventure!

woot! I'm following along for another one :thumbsup2
Yeah!!!! :cool1:
Alright I'm up for another fun amazing adventure! :goodvibes
You are setting me up for failure with all that praise. What if it turns out to be mediocre melodrama? :confused3 :lmao:
Ohhh, a quickie! I love a good quickie!:love:
So I have heard from Chomper....;)
Hi Dawn! up for another one too. Love your TR's , and honestly don't care where you are headed!

KIM
Really? What if it was the bowels of Utah? :rotfl2:
Dawn -

I am so excited that you are writing about this trip because I know its going to be a hoot!

On the other hand, I am sorry that we are going to be close, yet still so far away as you visit the coastal Carolina beaches.
Me tooo....
I thought of you on my recent trip to Tenn. I wondered if I could find some cool road pictures. I didn't - well only a few.
Do share my dear!!!
Here's to another Booger adventure!
I raise my mouse to that cheer!
Found my way over here!

:rotfl: Scuba Steve!:rotfl:

I think I shared this before. Once - Baylor (age 9) was in the tub and locked the door. He would not open it and as I am knocking I am panicking thinking he drowned. So I use the little tool above the door to open the lock and find him in sull scuba mask and snorkel. He could not hear underwater. I did not know if I should choke him because he scared me so bad or take a picture of the two things above the bubbles...his white hinny and the snorkel!

I always enjoying your reports! Can't wait to read all about your newest adventure :goodvibes

ETA: I'm an elementary ed major and I love it! I'm sure Carsyn would be a great teacher!

Riding bike in Iowa (I'm guessing they're doing RAGBRAI) or the beach...

Decisions, decisions... Yep, the beach wins!!! :cool1:

I always enjoying your reports! Can't wait to read all about your newest adventure :goodvibes

ETA: I'm an elementary ed major and I love it! I'm sure Carsyn would be a great teacher!
I will tell her! She has a lot of people to look up to! WIGD, Shocker, Shannn and you!
Riding bike in Iowa (I'm guessing they're doing RAGBRAI) or the beach...

Decisions, decisions... Yep, the beach wins!!! :cool1:

I know! She came over and read this and thought I was funny. We shall see what she thinks after some great pics and stories about her emerge! :rotfl:

Woo Hoo, another trip report! I'm signing on and getting strapped in, can't wait to hear all about it. Your reports are so great that it doesn't matter to me where you're going!

Terri

When you get back please ship Carsyn down here to help me get my classroom ready, I shifted to another section of our open room and made a huge mess!

Woohoo another :yay: Can't wait! My boys and I are leaving DH behind to go on our own road trip at the same time. We'll be going to CA with my friend Danielle and hitting up the beach there! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Always excited to hear about your family's adventures!! I'm in even for a short PTR!!!
I hope Leah knows that she will be subject to pictures and mockery. She strikes me as someone who wouldn't care and would actually get a kick out of it. I love the story of how she introduced herself!

Baylor in the tub - scuba steve!! :rotfl:

Oh I have been missing your great laugh inducing stories so much. SOOO happy to see you back, hope all is well with your family!

definitely on board for another of your trip reports! So jealous you're going to the beach, my daughter and I had a mini road trip up to NY to Long Island for a wedding shower for one of my husband's nieces - we had a great time just the two of us - may be driving up to Massachusetts to visit my family - unfortunately, not beach involved!

Woo Hoo, another trip report! I'm signing on and getting strapped in, can't wait to hear all about it. Your reports are so great that it doesn't matter to me where you're going!

Terri
Hi girlfriend! I am glad you guys look forward to a Non Disney TR. We might sneak to HH one day if given the time...so maybe a little Disney thrown in!
When you get back please ship Carsyn down here to help me get my classroom ready, I shifted to another section of our open room and made a huge mess!
She will be in Lawrence, KS the weekend of the 7th and could pop down for a few days before she needs to be here for camp! She would love to be there!:goodvibes
Woohoo another :yay: Can't wait! My boys and I are leaving DH behind to go on our own road trip at the same time. We'll be going to CA with my friend Danielle and hitting up the beach there! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
I know the ocean is much cooler in CA - but a beach and waves are always a welcomed sight!
Always excited to hear about your family's adventures!! I'm in even for a short PTR!!!
I hope Leah knows that she will be subject to pictures and mockery. She strikes me as someone who wouldn't care and would actually get a kick out of it. I love the story of how she introduced herself!
She is way excited! I should have her sign a release consent form first! :lmao:
Baylor in the tub - scuba steve!! :rotfl:
He is a character!
Oh I have been missing your great laugh inducing stories so much. SOOO happy to see you back, hope all is well with your family!
Just busier than ever! So much to do to get ready to go. Treyner has not packed up all of his belongings yet...trying not to freak out!:scared1:
Jumping on board!!!!
How much do you weigh? If you and I jump on either end of the board I might send you sailing! :rotfl:
I'm coming along for the ride as well!
Did you call shottie????:cutie:
definitely on board for another of your trip reports! So jealous you're going to the beach, my daughter and I had a mini road trip up to NY to Long Island for a wedding shower for one of my husband's nieces - we had a great time just the two of us - may be driving up to Massachusetts to visit my family - unfortunately, not beach involved!

I think if you drive to see family and there is a beach within 4 hours..they should have to meet you there! :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter