9 Dragons?

I have never tried it, but I have a friend who loves it and goes every time they're at Epcot. I have never been there or to any restaurant in Italy because we have Chinese and Italian restaurants all over the place where I live, so I try to stick with food we can't easily get otherwise.

We had lunch at Nine Dragons in April as DS 15, a picky eater, is fond of sesame chicken .....liked it enough to also go for dinner a few days later.

Our lunch was on a Wednesday and the restaurant was sparsely populated, making it very relaxing and allowing us to really appreciate the pretty decor. Service was attentive and cheerful. I LOVED the spinach noodles and the cucumber salad (really chunks of pickled cucumbers). I was leery of iced tea that involved Jasmine....but tried it and found it refreshing. (Chose to have all three of those items again during our dinner.) DS15 was very happy with the honey sesame chicken and DS11 really liked the lo mein that came with the kids meals (he enjoyed shrimp with sweet&sour dipping sauce on our first visit and sesame chicken the second). Everyone liked the vegetable spring rolls. Our dinner visit was on Friday evening....the restaurant was full and, therefore, felt a little different - but the food was still yummy and the service good.

We had lunch there on our last trip after seeing many positive reviews from bloggers. It was excellent IMO. The atmosphere at lunch was fantastic, quiet and relaxing. The service was great and the food was fresh and delicious. I felt the flavors of the dishes were on par with our local sichuan place that is considered authentic, just not as spicy. The portions were large and my husband and I were able to easily share a couple of appetizers and one entree. My son had a side of fried rice that he enjoyed. It ended up being a reasonably priced meal and a treat since we don't eat Chinese food at home much anymore. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Sorry can't help u on this one, but Honestly, with all the times I've been down there, I really didn't realize that this even existed....I've eaten at the QS, plenty of times, with a good experiences, so I'm sure the dinner at 9 will be on par at least with that...The restaurant though is well decorated, and I'm sure a very good vibe/ambience when dining here.:confused3

I enjoy the atmosphere and food at Nine Dragons. Not the most gourmet restaurant at EPCOT, but the pricing and selections are great.

We like it!! It’s not a top because there are other restaurants we’d choose over it. But not because of the quality of food or service. It’s good for a group and preteen kids because it’s not all that exotic.

It has been years since we last dined there, but it was a very pleasant experience. I recommend giving it a try.

Its not bad food the problem is almost everyone who goes knows a better Chinese restaurant in their home towns. And when you factor in the price since its Disney it comes up lacking in a lot of peoples minds.

Its not bad food the problem is almost everyone who goes knows a better Chinese restaurant in their home towns.
and here in lies the problem, S. Florida has crappy Chinese! Had family in from France, the 6 of had dinner there last August. The food was very well seasoned, the drinks were good and the service, excellent. I didn’t find the pricing to be out of line. Now the menu seems to have changed but I wouldn’t hesitate to eat there again.

We really enjoyed our last lunch there. We went in not expecting much & we were
happily surprised. At the time, they offered these soup dumplings that were pure yumminess.

and here in lies the problem, S. Florida has crappy Chinese! Had family in from France, the 6 of had dinner there last August. The food was very well seasoned, the drinks were good and the service, excellent. I didn’t find the pricing to be out of line. Now the menu seems to have changed but I wouldn’t hesitate to eat there again.

There really aren’t many good Chinese restaurants in central Florida either. There used to be a great one on I-Drive, but the family sold it and I think it’s either a Walgreens or CVS now. :( :guilty:

I love Nine Dragons and usually lunch there a couple times each trip.

I decided to give it a whirl this forthcoming trip because they have 2 dishes you don't see on the average Chinese restaurant menu that I'd like to try. I'm sure the kiddos I travel with will enjoy whatever they have and if I had to guess w/o asking them I'm sure at least one of them will order the honey sesame chicken.

The Dis just reviewed it and really liked it, especially the appetizers. Pete was pleasantly surprised as it didn’t used to be good. Sean just picked it for his favorite Epcot restaurant on the Dis Dining Review show.

We typically end up eating there if we don't have any ADRs but feel like sitting down for a TS meal since it is usually easy to get into without an ADR. While it isn't the most amazing Chinese food I've ever had, we have never had a bad meal there. It's pretty basic Chinese food but is tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter