9/22/09 Peru anyone else

Scott H

<font color=red>First to Magically cross from King
Just booked this puppy, anyone else, it is an adults only trip.

I am the other half of Scott H - just subscribing to this thread.

Yes, we're going on this trip. We are:

myself, age 46 (as of now)
my partner, age 44
and his parents

We live in Redmond, Washington, and his parents live in Asheville, North Carolina.

Today (Friday, October 3) is the last full day of our Southwest Splendors trip, and I'm writing this as the sun rises over the Red Cliffs Lodge. This is our first AbD, and we booked the Peru trip in August to get the early booking discount, so we weren't even sure we'd like the group tour. Boy howdy, has this ever been fantastic! And we have really enjoyed the adults-only element of the tour, on which I'll be writing a bit more later today.

Curious to know when you booked, and whether there were still any early booking slots available. There's a couple on our current tour who are interested in this adventure.

Look forward to meeting you!

Welcome DaddyBrady! We booked this trip On Sept. 14th. When I first called DVC for info on it, I was told that the early booking discount was good up to 120 days before the trip - that was for booking with DVC points, so I do not know if it is different if booking with cash. We are really excited about the trip, it is our first AbD trip. We have gone to Tanzania on safari on our DVC points, and that was great, but it was not and AbD.

I know from cruising that it is alot more fun when you get to know folks before the trip! It will be great getting to know you!

When I first called DVC for info on it, I was told that the early booking discount was good up to 120 days before the trip - that was for booking with DVC points, so I do not know if it is different if booking with cash.
The early booking discounts *are* good up to 120 days before the trip -- IF there are any left! The part they don't advertise is that there is a very limited number of early booking discounts, and if they are all gone 10 days after the tour goes on sale, then they are all gone, no matter when you book.

It really bothers me that they aren't clearer about this policy in print, when they are SO clear about pretty much everything else.

Sayhello

Yes Welcome Daddy Brady,

Interesting about the early booking info, guess we got in under teh wire.

I am on the road training, so am able to pop in here every so often.

Enjoy and again good to see others here,

SayHello - are you booking this trip? Are there any more early booking spaces available?

DaddyBrady - were your friends able to book on early booking?

Have a great day everyone!

They decided on the Costa Rica trip, and were (I believe) still able to get the early booking discount for that trip.

They decided on the Costa Rica trip, and were (I believe) still able to get the early booking discount for that trip.

Are your friends going on the Sep Adult Only Costa Rica? We signed up for that one as soon as we returned from Knights/Lights this year.

SayHello - are you booking this trip? Are there any more early booking spaces available?
Ah, no, not booking this one, at least not this year. So I don't know about the EBD availability. I was just sort of chiming in to your post, because I wanted to clear up the misconception (that Disney fosters!) that as long as you book more than 120 days out, you can still get the early booking discount. I'm sure lots of people who don't know there's a limited number wait until the last minute to book, just to be sure they really can/want to go. And then are very disappointed to find out the discounts are all gone!

I know I was shocked to find that out when I booked my first ABD. Fortunately, there were still EBD's available, but there very easily could not have been...

Sayhello

I just got back from the Peru Oct 4th trip and I am jealous you get to go next year! This trip is awesome!!! I have never had such a great time on vacation and the memories are going to last a lifetime. I am still on a Peru high. The country is beautiful and the people are very special. Peruvians love their country and it shows. I just wanted to say that you are going to have an excellent time. You are not going to be disappointed.

Are your friends going on the Sep Adult Only Costa Rica? We signed up for that one as soon as we returned from Knights/Lights this year.
I'm not sure which one they're going on. This was a couple on our Southwest Splendors tour last month. We had three couples book a 2009 tour while on their 2008 tour. (We had actually booked the Peru trip in August before we'd been on our trip -- call it a leap of faith!)

I think of 15 couples on our trip, at least half will end up on a trip next year. We could be the poster children for AbD!

I'm not sure which one they're going on. This was a couple on our Southwest Splendors tour last month. We had three couples book a 2009 tour while on their 2008 tour. (We had actually booked the Peru trip in August before we'd been on our trip -- call it a leap of faith!)

I think of 15 couples on our trip, at least half will end up on a trip next year. We could be the poster children for AbD!

Everyone on our tour (16 couples) said that they would do another one as long as they were adult only trips. We have booked our second but there was one in our group who had booked FIVE before taking the first one (now that's a leap of faith!). We had done Italy and Switzerland on our own a couple of years ago and wanted to try one before booking a second but of course we were so pleased with this one, that we'll go with Disney before going on our own again.

I'm not sure which one they're going on. This was a couple on our Southwest Splendors tour last month. We had three couples book a 2009 tour while on their 2008 tour.
Now that is an advantage I hadn't thought of, for taking my 2009 tour in September rather than May like in 2008. By the time I take my tour, I'll know which one I want to book for 2010!

Sayhello

Everyone on our tour (16 couples) said that they would do another one as long as they were adult only trips. We have booked our second but there was one in our group who had booked FIVE before taking the first one (now that's a leap of faith!). We had done Italy and Switzerland on our own a couple of years ago and wanted to try one before booking a second but of course we were so pleased with this one, that we'll go with Disney before going on our own again.

Interesting comment about the adults only trips, I think I might agree.

I just got back from the Peru Oct 4th trip and I am jealous you get to go next year! This trip is awesome!!! I have never had such a great time on vacation and the memories are going to last a lifetime. I am still on a Peru high. The country is beautiful and the people are very special. Peruvians love their country and it shows. I just wanted to say that you are going to have an excellent time. You are not going to be disappointed.

Glad to hear the positive feed back, any great tips to share???

We booked the 10/6/09 adult only trip yesterday so we are looking forward to any info also. Glad to hear it was a great time.

Squid

my airplane reading material for thistrip is the Peru guide book. Will write a paper on pointsof interest.

Def will be arriving a day early in lima.

Just booked our flights arriving 09/21 on Delta.

Good Morning folks, just checking in here, as Scott says, we got our flights booked, and added the day prior to the trip. Looking forward to this, hope Scott lets me read the Peru book before we leave! He has had his nose in it for the whole plane trip on our last vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter