9/2 thru 9/7 DVC Backstage Magic Tour

Nine (9) days until start of this Tour.

Anyone else joining us???

I'll be leaving a few days early but meeting up with the group on the day the Tour starts.

Anyone else going to be in LA before 9/2.............???

I got my call also from ABD and also was contacted by my guide from DVC re: the tour/trip. Almost time to leave and it is so exciting..................

So I was telling a friend Friday night (5/30) about the Backstage Magic tour that we'll be taking. I outlined some of the activities and mentioned Jimmy Kimmel Live. She got all excited about it. I've never even seen Jimmy Kimmel Live, and I'm not into talk shows at all (she's a real talk show fanatic). That's the least exciting part of the trip for me.

What about the Backstage Magic tour are you least excited about???

Hi, I went on the backstage Magic Tour April 2008. We were the first goup to take this adventure. I too , was not a late night talk show fan. I had no idea what Jummy Kimmel live was like. On our second day there we were surprised with this added feature. They only had a limited number of VIP tickets , so had to put our names in a hat. My daughter and I were the last two names called. We had a great time. We didn't have to wait in any lines. We also met Jimmey Kimmel's uncle and Guiermo (I think I spelled that right) in person. We toured backstage and the green room. The featured guest was Mcsteamy from Grey's Anatomy! They also had a musical group for which we had to go outside. I had never even heard of this group and my daughter had not also( she is 25). I know you will have a great experience!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back.
Envious of your DVC extra's.....we are DVC members but had booked the adult only trip in December before the DVC trip came up.
Have a great time........& I hope there will be a trip report from someone.

The clock is ticking down on the DVC Backstage Magic Tour. DH and I will be walking out the door about 5:30 tomorrow morning. Our boarding passes with Southwest are A22 and A23.

The clock is ticking down on the DVC Backstage Magic Tour. DH and I will be walking out the door about 5:30 tomorrow morning. Our boarding passes with Southwest are A22 and A23.

How exciting! :goodvibes Great seats on Southwest. It's nice to not have to stand in line anymore until it's time to board. Much easier now! Weather should be nice here in CA. Forcasted as high 80's. Take in every moment, take lots of pictures, you are in for a Disney trip of a lifetime! Can't wait to read everyones reports!!!! Have fun!!!

I have a confession--I've been to Walt's apartment before. A friend was determined to win the Walt's Apartment Experience that they auctioned off for the 50th Anniversary event. He contacted a lot of folks and asked if they would be willing to chip in. He won the auction and we got to go to Walt's Apartment.

Everything looks good for our Southwest flight tomorrow, but everything hinges on where the plane is coming from. Hopefully Gustav won't have an impact. Philly, Denver, and LAX look good.

I hope you guys have fun! I know I did.

I wonder as one of your "extras" you get to make puppets at the Jim Henson Studios... Hmmm...

Have a great time on your trip - we were on the August Backstage Magic tour and had a lot of fun. Take comfortable shoes - you are on your feet a lot! Your guides should be Jaime & Julie - both wonderful people - please tell them John, Stacy & Jake said hello. We had Jaime & Diana as guides & Julie was a guide-in-training. The guides go out of their way for you.

It's amazing how everything is taken care of by the guides. The time just flies on the tour. The hotels are so nice (especially the Grand Californian).

Stacy Z

I wrote a note to myself that John, Stacy & Jake say hello to Jaime and Julie. And I have Diana's name in parantheses, just in case we see her too.

I have a confession--I've been to Walt's apartment before. A friend was determined to win the Walt's Apartment Experience that they auctioned off for the 50th Anniversary event. He contacted a lot of folks and asked if they would be willing to chip in. He won the auction and we got to go to Walt's Apartment.

Everything looks good for our Southwest flight tomorrow, but everything hinges on where the plane is coming from. Hopefully Gustav won't have an impact. Philly, Denver, and LAX look good.

Your funny on your confession! :) But, hey! You get to go again. And, I am sure, it will be just as special! You will also experience so many other special things. At least Gustav seems to be calming down a bit. I hope your flights will go smooth tomorrow! You have a wonderful dinner to get to tomorrow night!!! :yay:

HACK.....with your commment, is this a hint??? What a great experience if they do get to do that!

Thanks! You will be so glad they are your guides. We had a direct flight to LA from Pittsburgh - 5 hours on a plane was a long time. Sounds like you have some changing of planes, so at least you won't get antsy sitting for 5 hours. We flew US Airways, and had no problems - arrived early on both flights.

The guides will be there to meet you as soon as you come off the escalator at baggage claim - it was great customer service. The driver who took us to the hotel was a great tour person also - he pointed out all the sights.

Thanks! You will be so glad they are your guides. We had a direct flight to LA from Pittsburgh - 5 hours on a plane was a long time. Sounds like you have some changing of planes, so at least you won't get antsy sitting for 5 hours. We flew US Airways, and had no problems - arrived early on both flights.

No, we're staying on the same plane, but it has a stop in Denver.

HACK.....with your commment, is this a hint??? What a great experience if they do get to do that!

It was one of my recommendations (Along with other things like axing the original bus tour.), and they seemed to take it very seriously as an add-on thing for DVC. I mean I am a big part of their demographic for this tour (Big Disney Geek) and there weren't any others on the tour (The rest were CMs or former CMs. We were the only non-CMs or their kids.)

Just wishful thinking I guess.

For those of you subscribed to this thread, or would like to read an update, "krdisneybound" wrote this within another thread for the 10/09 backstage magic tour. (It was written today.) Sounds like they are have a ton of fun!!! And yeh to Quinn & Robin for making another trip magical for guests!

"I am on the DVC Backstage Magic now.

Today we have been all over backstage. Just finished Walt's Apt. and it is awesome to say the least. Some very nice surprises also.

Hopefully they will have another DVC special in the future.

Our guides are Robyn and Quinn. They are the "best".

The Archives were also awesome. We were give the book "A to Z" signed.
That was a wonderful surprise.

Have to stop right now but will be back with more."

For those of you subscribed to this thread, or would like to read an update, "krdisneybound" wrote this within another thread for the 10/09 backstage magic tour. (It was written today.) Sounds like they are have a ton of fun!!! And yeh to Quinn & Robin for making another trip magical for guests!

"I am on the DVC Backstage Magic now.

Today we have been all over backstage. Just finished Walt's Apt. and it is awesome to say the least. Some very nice surprises also.

Hopefully they will have another DVC special in the future.

Our guides are Robyn and Quinn. They are the "best".

The Archives were also awesome. We were give the book "A to Z" signed.
That was a wonderful surprise.

Have to stop right now but will be back with more."

Horay for Robyn and Quinn! I'm glad Quinn got to do this tour (He's been addignd back to doing his actual Disney job :scared1: ) so yay for him, and this may be Robyn's last hurrah for the season as well. (They did both start in the end of March.) It's fitting that they end their trips the way they started them, together.

But if they're going on through September, then more power to them!

YES, YES, we are having and have had a wonderful time with Robyn and Quinn.

Robyn is on vacation after tomorrow and Quinn is starting another Backstage trip after this one.

We have a third guide, Kristin, who is learning the "fun" parts of the trip. She can't wait to have her own tour.

I have to say that the Archives were great. Also, the "A to Z" book that Dave Smith signed for each guest was just awesome. (extra weight for our luggage - ha ha)

Paramount Studios and the set of "Greys Anatomy" was great. After being on the set I watched it on TV and saw the staircase that our group pic was taken on. It will bring back great memories each time I watch it. Saw all the rooms and sets and beds that are used in the series also. The set is kept up and never taken down and when you walk in it is just like walking into an ER - hospital room.

The Jimmy Kimmel studio and Jim Henson was awesome, as well.

We went inside the Kodak theatre and they were setting up for the "Cancer" show that aired last evening. I watched that last night also and it brought back memories, as they told us about who was going to be on the show and where they were going to be seated and the setting up of everything. It was very exciting.

We also had a one on one with the Dinosaur that used to be in AK. ---I forget his name at this moment - it will come back to me as soon as I sign off - ha ha-------

The WD Imagineering and WD Studios are totally amazing.

Went behind the scenes of "Soarin". Just unbelievable and amazing.

Had our talk with "Crush the Turtle" --------- dude ---------- also today. Very, very funny and cute skit.

We were given 5 fast passes for each park. A total of 10. But they are really not needed because neither one of the parks are busy at all. It is very enjoyable to walk around w/o crowds and loads of people around.

We were given a 4 day park hopped but for the most part, only two days are being used. The first day was Thursday and we didnt' get into the park, and the last day being Sunday, and most everyone is going home Sunday and not able to get into the parks. I'll be staying until the end of the week at Grand Cal. and meeting up with friends.

I am renting my car early today and driving over to Knotts Berry Farm for some of their tasty fried chicken.

We will have our farewell dinner - I think at Hyperion Theatre - this evening over at a restaurant in Cal. Adventure.

We also have a reserved spot for the fireworks after 9 pm. Oh - that was another event we had, was to go behind the scenes and see how the fireworks go off each evenng. Just amazing.

For anyone thinking about this trip, it is SO well worth it. You should not think about it and just book it.

if I have any typos, please forgive me, as I didnt' go back and read what I typed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter