9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Great Top Ten! :goodvibes: You really had such a great trip. Looking forward to hearing about your next trip.

That top ten list is awesome! I love how many little moments are on the list. Those are the things that stick with me too!

GREAT list Laura! I can't believe Luke is 1 already!! We loved Ohana breakfast too! So happy that you got to enjoy all your moments with your parents, how memorable! So excited to hear your summer plans and how you are "playing" with your DVC points!!!:thumbsup2

Get some rest this weekend, Laura!!! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading your top ten and plans for next year!

It is fall like here today and we had a fun weekend. I am ready to face a five day week.

I understand completely! It took me awhile to readjust to the school routine this year! Hang in there -- it will get less crazy! :hug:

Last week I worked four days, two of which were all day. Five half days will be easier I think.

Love those suits! I need to get to the Disney store soon.

So...when is the next trip? :laughing:

I thought of you when I was at the Disney store...

Can't wait to read the top ten and all about your plans, but I'm going to go back to bed and get some sleep.....

I got some sleep this weekend, so I should not drag too much this week.

That's an awesome Top Ten.
So many wonderful memories to treasure forever! :)

If you, wigd, or anybody else is there at the very end of June next year, we may get to meet up, because it looks like we'll be going sometime the last week of June and staying through about the 6th of July. CP says she's ditching Disney next year and doing something different, but I guess there's a chance she may change her mind.

I am afraid we are going to miss you...

It would be the best birthday present ever for me if Marc would turn around and take me back for the 5th of July for my birthday. We did something like that in 2008, but went back later in July......

And miss you too..

What great reflection on your trip. It just reminds us of what a great time you had with many firsts!
I have a question about DVC. So, as a member, you pay your $$ and then when you want to book your vacation, you don't have to pay for your room because you've already paid? Is that how it works?

Somewhat like that, once you buy all you have is your dues, which is less than your hotel room.

Just read your whole TR and it was fabulous :)

Your girls have grown so much since your last trip and wow Luke looks so much like Emily, so cute :goodvibes

Congrats on your DVC purchase, I'm sure you will make good use of it and have many happy trips ahead of you :thumbsup2

Oh I noticed I have the same shorts as you, the brown ones you wore to 'Ohana, I bought them in America last year :rotfl:

Thanks Jo! I hope you have a report this winter for your December trip!

Gee, you and me both Ma'am, I too am trying to wrap up my TR!!! Gotta get started on the new one!!! :rotfl: SOOOOO I will keep looking for yours and you keep looking for mine!! :) Glad to hear the party was a success and that the first week of the school year is going off well... :thumbsup2

I am not sure about a report ... but I will be on board for yours.

You had some very magical moments on your trip this summer!!! I enjoyed rereading and remembering them with your list! :goodvibes

Thanks Jackie!

Great top ten list, each was truly a magical memory. I am looking forward to your plans for next year. Your trips are a fun read.

Reading everyone's comments about starting back to school almost make me miss not teaching(I said almost).

Back to school is exhausting.

Loved the top ten and can't wait to hear your plans for next year!

Coming ...

Great Top Ten! :goodvibes: You really had such a great trip. Looking forward to hearing about your next trip.

Thanks!

That top ten list is awesome! I love how many little moments are on the list. Those are the things that stick with me too!

It was a lot of little things that were magical to me this trip.

GREAT list Laura! I can't believe Luke is 1 already!! We loved Ohana breakfast too! So happy that you got to enjoy all your moments with your parents, how memorable! So excited to hear your summer plans and how you are "playing" with your DVC points!!!:thumbsup2

I think our plans will be evolving for next summer...

Summer 2010 plans

At this point we are booked for a studio, Savannah view at Kidani Village from June 13-20th. I doubt we keep this entire reservation. Our plan is to stay at Vero Beach for probably 5 nights first and then go to WDW and stay somewhere for three nights. The somewhere at WDW changes daily- we will be booking a studio. Our WDW plans are to be lazy... swim, DTD, a character meal somewhere, perhaps the Campfire at Ft. Wilderness one night and to partake in the resort we stay at activities. I think we can actually be busy without hitting the theme parks at all.

The top resorts we are considering are:

The Beach Club- Stormalong Bay would be awesome to stay and really enjoy since we are not planning to go to the parks this trip.

The Boardwalk- again a fun place none of us have stayed before.

AKL or Kidani- I keep being drawn back to staying there like our original reservations. I am certain those two resorts would have plenty to keep us busy!

We have until November for our 7 month window to open up to decide our vacation plans, so I figure things will change .....

We have plenty of points to use next summer, but would like to try to save points and go for a studio, since Luke does not count. However a 1 bedroom is awfully tempting:rolleyes1

Our dates are also based on me not having a ton of snowdays to make up, here is hoping we have a mild winter with less than 5 days off.

Who knows maybe we can have some DIS meets next summer, that would be fun.

Sounds like a great plan! However, I can't imagine going to WDW without going to the parks!! :laughing:
But since you're not going to the parks, I think AKL or The Beach Club would be an excellent choice for your kids! (esp. AKL with the Savannah View!)

Those all look like fabulous choices. You know what my vote would be, BC is :cloud9:, but AKL looks wonderful too. You're going to have a marvelous vacation, and I'll be praying for a milder winter. You guys got hit hard last winter!!

I like your plans for next summer.....they sound SO relaxing!!!! What made you decide to do no parks?

My vote is either BC or AKV.

I say BC because of Stormalong Bay. Your kids love to swim and there is so much to do at the Boardwalk.

On the other hand, AKV has so many activities through the day and Kidani has that awesome water area.

That's a tough choice!

I was looking into Vero Beach for us next summer. It looks SO nice!

You can't go wrong with either BC or AKL! I've only read one TR with details on Vero Beach so it will be interesting to hear how ya'll liked it. I think that would be a nice vacation.

Hey these are great plans!! :thumbsup2 YAY! Looks like a a fun relaxing Disney vacation! I have head so many positive things about Vero Beach, btw!!! So a great choice!!! November will come soon enough!!! A few days at a Disney resort is definitely a great vacation plus as well! So I am sure whatever it turns out to be you will have a wonderful time! I really enjoyed reading your "Top 10" list -- it was fun recalling those moments that you had with your family. I really enjoyed your TR!! :goodvibes

Here's to NO snow days!!! (or at least not as many!!!! :rotfl:)

Darn it! We will miss you by a mere 3 days! Now my scheming mind is at work.....
I think you all would have a blast at Beach Club with SAB and the Boardwalk in such short walking distance!
BUT.......
We haven't stayed at Kidani yet and I have heard the most wonderful comments about that pool and the resort activities!

You all would have a great time no matter where you stay and you have such awesome choices!

I think your plans for next summer are awesome! Personally, I'd stay at Beach or Yacht club. I think your family would LOVE Stormalong Beach and would really get your DVC points worth there. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great plan! However, I can't imagine going to WDW without going to the parks!! :laughing:
But since you're not going to the parks, I think AKL or The Beach Club would be an excellent choice for your kids! (esp. AKL with the Savannah View!)

I am allowing DH to have his vacation. We have been to WDW three years in a row, planned mostly by me. The 7 days straight of parks did him and honestly me in last year. I need a more leisurely trip, and honestly I can enjoy Disney sans the parks. Then I can get a lot of park time the next trip.

I like your plans for next summer! I know that wherever you end up staying and whatever you end up doing, you will have a blast!!!

I totally agree. Any of the DVC hotels would be a new experience, so I know we would love it.

Those all look like fabulous choices. You know what my vote would be, BC is :cloud9:, but AKL looks wonderful too. You're going to have a marvelous vacation, and I'll be praying for a milder winter. You guys got hit hard last winter!!

BC is #1 choice, but I am not sure we can get that lucky to get it.

I like your plans for next summer.....they sound SO relaxing!!!! What made you decide to do no parks?

This year with three kids, seven days was a lot, especially with the heat. I want a more relaxing trip, and Luke at almost three could experience a lot more than at almost two. Next year he will still be in need of naps, etc. We won't be at WDW that many days either, so I think the ticket costs would be crazy ...

My vote is either BC or AKV.

I say BC because of Stormalong Bay. Your kids love to swim and there is so much to do at the Boardwalk.

On the other hand, AKV has so many activities through the day and Kidani has that awesome water area.

That's a tough choice!

I was looking into Vero Beach for us next summer. It looks SO nice!

Maybe you should come to Vero when we are there..... that would be super fun! Our kids would have fun together.

You can't go wrong with either BC or AKL! I've only read one TR with details on Vero Beach so it will be interesting to hear how ya'll liked it. I think that would be a nice vacation.

I am always scanning DVC posts on Vero Beach... I cannot wait to relax at the beach. We have not been since Hannah was almost three so it will be fun to see the kids in the ocean.

Hey these are great plans!! :thumbsup2 YAY! Looks like a a fun relaxing Disney vacation! I have head so many positive things about Vero Beach, btw!!! So a great choice!!! November will come soon enough!!! A few days at a Disney resort is definitely a great vacation plus as well! So I am sure whatever it turns out to be you will have a wonderful time! I really enjoyed reading your "Top 10" list -- it was fun recalling those moments that you had with your family. I really enjoyed your TR!! :goodvibes

Here's to NO snow days!!! (or at least not as many!!!! :rotfl:)

I can get a Disney fix without visiting the parks. We did a 5 day trip one spring break and only hit MK one day... and were totally busy and had a blast at POR.

Darn it! We will miss you by a mere 3 days! Now my scheming mind is at work.....
I think you all would have a blast at Beach Club with SAB and the Boardwalk in such short walking distance!
BUT.......
We haven't stayed at Kidani yet and I have heard the most wonderful comments about that pool and the resort activities!

You all would have a great time no matter where you stay and you have such awesome choices!

You are kidding me... three days, that is even with you staying a few after the cruise or not? I am afraid we cannot get there earlier than that ...but I am scheming too.

Such fun plans. Maybe do a spilit stay and check out 2 of them??

DH said no. Vero and one Disney Resort. (to be honest packing and moving three times with three kids makes my head hurt thinking about it). But I honestly am packing light- swimsuits and not much else and I can do free laundry!

I think your plans for next summer are awesome! Personally, I'd stay at Beach or Yacht club. I think your family would LOVE Stormalong Beach and would really get your DVC points worth there. :thumbsup2

BC would be fun while we fit in a studio... and perhaps we could pool hop to the Boardwalk. I would love a vacation of just pool hopping and ranking the pools!

Your plans sound really great - we hope to take a trip sometime as well where we just take advantage of all the actitivies outside of the theme parks. There is SO much to do! The Beach Club looks amazing, and I bet your girls would LOVE that pool! :goodvibes: From what I know about AKL, there are a ton of activites at the resort, both "houses" have a huge list of things going on everyday from cookie decorating, to culinary tours.

Your plans sound really great - we hope to take a trip sometime as well where we just take advantage of all the actitivies outside of the theme parks. There is SO much to do! The Beach Club looks amazing, and I bet your girls would LOVE that pool! :goodvibes: From what I know about AKL, there are a ton of activites at the resort, both "houses" have a huge list of things going on everyday from cookie decorating, to culinary tours.

There are days when I say stay at AKV, don't try to move, but then other days I say we will be a one bedroom at AKV soon enough....

Don't tempt me! :laughing:

Me enable... never!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter