8 Days to go!!!

Thanks Tia. Actually I have been going through a nightmare with my health lately. An MRI has recently discovered that I have a condition called adenomyosis (it is a form of endometriosis), multiple pelvic adhesions, a cyst (in a female part!) and degenerated discs in my back. I am waiting for surgery to remove and biopsy cyst (although they assure me 99% that it is benign). They have started giving me a hormone injection to bring on early menopause (very very early at my age) in order to try to treat the endometriosis. Unfortunately I am still in a good deal of pain and I am very worried about our trip. This latest development with the lumps in my neck are just the icing on the cake!! I am hoping if we take it easy during the week with lots of rest breaks I may be ok-also it has turned out to be a blessing that we picked DLH to stay at as it will cut down on a lot of our travelling time. Anyways, sorry to offload on you amd go completely offtopic.

After just re-reading my last post, I am not sure that it is very appropriate to have divulged so much personal info. I hope no-one is annoyed. Funny I do however feel a bit better just being able to share it with someone. Thanks :grouphug:

nicola said:
After just re-reading my last post, I am not sure that it is very appropriate to have divulged so much personal info. I hope no-one is annoyed. Funny I do however feel a bit better just being able to share it with someone. Thanks :grouphug:

Nicola, I come from a big family! A big Greek family, so any illness you throw at me, I will probably know someone who's had it! Actually my sister in law had endometriosis and had surgery to remove the cysts, she was a miserable moo before she had it done cos she was always in pain... but now she's fine.

I'm sure you haven't annoyed anyone by divulging personal info and just to prove it I think everyone should divulge a bit of personal info... I'll do it later, I have to think of something...... actually I said that I'm Greek, does that count?

tialucy said:
Nicola, I come from a big family! A big Greek family, so any illness you throw at me, I will probably know someone who's had it! Actually my sister in law had endometriosis and had surgery to remove the cysts, she was a miserable moo before she had it done cos she was always in pain... but now she's fine.

I'm sure you haven't annoyed anyone by divulging personal info and just to prove it I think everyone should divulge a bit of personal info... I'll do it later, I have to think of something...... actually I said that I'm Greek, does that count?

Tia, You are so very sweet and funny. Thanks so much!!! If anyone wants to reveal any personal info, I would be very happy to listen and if not that's ok too ;) :grouphug:

nicola said:
Tia, You are so very sweet and funny. Thanks so much!!! If anyone wants to reveal any personal info, I would be very happy to listen and if not that's ok too ;) :grouphug:

Awwww thank you Nicola. Lets hope everyone gives us a bit of personal info, I could do with a giggle :rotfl: I wonder who will be first :rotfl:

Nicola, lots of :grouphug: and pixiedust for you. Of course you won't have offended anyone, we're all friends on here.

I'll now divulge a little bit of personal info for you......I have developed a painful bunion on my left foot :ssst: **looks over shoulder to check noone is reading this**
Until I got one I thought it was only old ladies who suffered with bunions! :rotfl2:

Ware Bears said:
Nicola, lots of :grouphug: and pixiedust for you. Of course you won't have offended anyone, we're all friends on here.

I'll now divulge a little bit of personal info for you......I have developed a painful bunion on my left foot :ssst: **looks over shoulder to check noone is reading this**
Until I got one I thought it was only old ladies who suffered with bunions! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ware Bears said:

:rotfl: Hilarious! :rotfl: NEXT!!

LOL. thanks Di, I've been here for hours trying to do it!! I hope you didn't see it when it was huge

nicola said:
Tia,That's a beautiful photo!!

aww Thank you Nicola. My daughter doesn't like it so I'll have to find one she approves of!!! Anyway, how are you feeling today? Better I hope. :goodvibes

Nicola, I wish you and yours an absolutely magical trip :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Minnie Much said:
have a great time tia!!! say hi to mickey and the crew for me!!!!
minnie much :cheer2: :wave2:

Still another 25 days til we go...oooooooooohh!! but i'll say hi for you :wave2:

Nicola, where are you?? Haven't heard from you for a couple of days. Really hope you're feeling OK. :goodvibes

Tia, Have been suffering a bit of pain over last week, was beginning to think we wouldn't be able to come but am now on fantastic pain meds that are really working so far.Yea!!! I have found out that if things get really bad when we are at DLP they will hire out wheelchairs for 6.60 euros/day. So that is always an option. Also, they told me that if I got a letter from my doctor I would be able to ride all the rides without queing. Some kind of VIP pass-im still dubious that it will pan out and I will let you all know. SO that is us now. We're off first thing in morning. WIll try to keep notes for a trippie but no promises-I'll do my best though. :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cool1:

Hi Nicola, so sorry you haven't been well, thank god for pain killers, just don't forget to pack them. If you need a wheelchair then just hire one if you have to. There have been times in WDW Orlando where I've been so tired (not ill) that I've looked at the wheelchairs and thought "shall I" , lol.. honest! not just saying it to make you feel better, the heat out there can take everything out of you.

Don't worry about making notes for a trippie if you're not up to it. I'm sure you can do it from memory when you get back. Hope you have a great time, enjoy every minute, it goes so fast. Pixie dust for you to get well... hopefully by tomorrow. XXX :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter