8 days, 120,000 steps, and a whole lot of fun! Feb '14 TR 12/17/14 **COMPLETE**

I never know whether to train in miles or kilometers, haha! I'm constantly converting back and forth :teacher: I try to slow my pace down for my longer runs too!

Haha i can imagine it would be tough for you to decide what to train in - I admit i did have to look up a converter to figure out what your pace would be in miles!

An Afternoon After a Race

We all headed over to the Contemporary for our breakfast at Chef Mickey's! It was my first time there. It was your typical breakfast buffet, and very overpriced of course, but it was fun with the big group of people we had and all the characters. We met the Fab 5 in their chef Mickey gear!

It was also fun talking with and getting to know our companions a bit better. Those that were at AoA with us I had already met, and two of them I had met up with a number of times at home since they weren't too far away. But this was the first time we really had to talk with Lucy and her husband, Peter. They came all the way from Australia and it was awesome to finally meet them! We just really seemed to hit it off. Lucy was super sweet, and Peter was very funny! We were lucky that we got to spend some time with them later in the trip as well, and DH still talks about how he misses his Australian friends and hopes we can see them again soon someday :)

We didn't really have anything to do afterward, so we went to Downtown Disney with Lucy and Peter and got some shopping in! Shockingly, I don't seem to have taken any pictures while we were in DTD this time. That's a rarity for me! We went to Once upon a Toy and DH created his own Mr. Potato Head, finally! He has a bunch of the Toy Story toys and has been wanting to do that. I also got some basin products (yay bath bombs!) an some vinylmation at D-Street.

Next it was time to make our way over to Epcot. Two of our friends who are CMs were getting Jason into the park for free (otherwise we wouldn't have been doing dinner there!). I was fine since I had an annual pass. We met up with the others in our group that were joining us for dinner and basically just hung around the World Showcase until it was time for our reservation at Via Napoli!

DH and I split an appetizer and a pizza - even the individual size pizzas are too big for me to finish one by myself! All of it was delicious. Via Napoli is definitely a favorite. We had a party of 11 and had an awesome table away from everything else, in a private little corner. It was really nice.

After dinner everyone else went back to the rooms to sleep up for the half marathon the next day, but since I wasn't running that one DH and I decided to hang out in Epcot for the rest of the night. We got ice cream in Morocco to try the new ice cream stand:

The flavors were so unique! I had chocolate cinnamon and he had orange honey walnut. I really liked mine - the cinnamon wasn't overly powerful, just a hint of it.

There was only a 20 minute wait for Test Track, so we did that before heading out of the park!

We knew hopping on Test Track would probably mean we'd miss Illuminations, and we were fine with that. It was actually just starting when we got out, so we decided to head for the buses since we didn't have a great view anyway. That way we could beat the crowds, and we could still see the fireworks a bit! The rest of the evening was spent chilling in the room watching TV. While everyone else would be up at 3 am again to run the Half, DH and I had plans for a water park the next day!

See that. Disney friends are just the absolute best. Even hubby is missing them.

I've never eaten at Chef Mickeys, but the characters in their chef outfits sure are cute.

What a nice relazing day to have following a race. That is quite a full day.

See that. Disney friends are just the absolute best. Even hubby is missing them.

I've never eaten at Chef Mickeys, but the characters in their chef outfits sure are cute.

What a nice relazing day to have following a race. That is quite a full day.

Disney friends are certainly the best! We joke that since we live all over the world we'll need to all retire together in Orlando and build our own Disney retirement home ;)

How have I missed that there's a new ice cream place in Morocco? Yet another snack for me to try....

Of course, my instinct it to comment on all your food options, but I guess I should save that for your dining review! 20 minutes for Test Track is great though, and gotta love beating out the fireworks crowd.

Can't wait for your water park day!!

Okay finally finished the other one and here for this one........popcorn::

Yay, happy to have you over here as well!

How have I missed that there's a new ice cream place in Morocco? Yet another snack for me to try....

Of course, my instinct it to comment on all your food options, but I guess I should save that for your dining review! 20 minutes for Test Track is great though, and gotta love beating out the fireworks crowd.

Can't wait for your water park day!!

Yes! It's right next to the new Spice Road Table. And it has all sorts of interesting flavors. Definitely something different!

And we were very excited that the weather in February was good enough for a water park day. I hadn't been to a Disney water park in awhile, and DH had never been!

Chef Mickeys is fun with friends. Seems like a great day and night.

Hi Becky! I loved reading about and seeing the pics from the race - Disney really knows how to make things special. I love that you can stop to meet characters. :laughing: And your Chef Mickey's breakfast afterward looked like a blast too - perfect plan for after a race, I think. And fitting in a little fun at Epcot too - VERY full day there! :thumbsup2

Chef Mickeys is fun with friends. Seems like a great day and night.

It was! I don't know that I would do Chef Mickey's with just me and DH, but with a group it was a lot of fun!

Hi Becky! I loved reading about and seeing the pics from the race - Disney really knows how to make things special. I love that you can stop to meet characters. :laughing: And your Chef Mickey's breakfast afterward looked like a blast too - perfect plan for after a race, I think. And fitting in a little fun at Epcot too - VERY full day there! :thumbsup2

A Disney race is definitely more fun than any other! And it was a really nice way to spend the day. I thought I would just sleep all afternoon after being up so early for the race, but I managed to get about 6 hours the night before and then with an hour long nap after the race I was actually feeling quite good!

Typhoon Lagoon

The other couple in our suite and the other suite down the hall were all up at 3:30am the next day. They would be running the Princess Half Marathon. DH and I slept in til 9, which was really nice. I almost never sleep past 8 in Disney! We got ourselves ready and headed on a bus to Typhoon Lagoon!

I didn't take a lot of photos, just some as we were entering, during lunch, and leaving. So they'll be randomly interspersed throughout this update and may not have anything to do with what I'm talking about at the time! ;) But I thought people might be interested in seeing some pics of Typhoon Lagoon if they haven't been there.

Were were incredibly lucky that it was about 75 degrees that day. It was a bit cloudy at first, but then the sun came out and it was really pleasant. The water is heated in the park too, so it wasn't too cold. I know February could have gone either way so this wasn't a definite, but DH loves water parks and had never done one at Disney so it was something we were really hoping to do.

The first thing we did was rent a locker. I think it was $11 for the smaller one. I hate that they charge so much but it's just because they can. I'm not sure how you could go to a water park without needing a locker unless you had someone that wasn't planning to do any rides. I guess the Magic Bands are waterproof so you could pay for lunch that way. But I wanted to take some pics with my phone and we didn't have a credit card connected to the magic band because we were sharing the room with another couple, so we had to bring our wallets too. And I also don't love the idea of traveling anywhere without some form of ID or something like that. And I didn't want to leave my shoes or towel just lying around. So we sucked it up and got the locker!

Probably due to the fact that it was February and the skies were cloudy, the park was almost empty. We hardly had to wait for anything at all. In fact, we had done every single ride in 1 hour, by 11 o'clock. It was awesome! We then tried the wave pool for about half an hour and it was sooo much fun. It really is the best wave pool, and the fact that it wasn't at all crowded made it even better.

Lunch was next, which we had at... I think it was Leaning Palms. That's what I'm going with. It was actually much better than I expected for a quick service water park lunch. More details will be in the dining review! We then did the lazy river so we could digest for a bit.

Since we had so much time and so little wait, we headed back to do our favorite rides: Mayday Falls, Humunga Kowabunga (for DH, I'm not a fan), and Crush n Gusher. That one was the best - we went on it 4 times. Then we decided to head back to the room for a shower. We did all of that in 3 hours!

Moral of the story: if the weather cooperates, water parks in February are the best!

We got ready for our afternoon/evening activities with our friends, who we would meet up with now that the half was over. I was able to keep up with their progress of the race through facebook, so that was pretty cool!

I'm glad you enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon so much! I do love me a water park and would love a redo of TL (we went in August, which was not ideal crowds-wise). Can't wait for your DR update too. Such a great day!

I AM interested in seeing some Typhoon Lagoon pictures since I have never been there.

I'm the same way. I can travel pretty light, but I still need my wallet with ID and preferably some cash. Of course since I drive, I also need a driver's license anyway.

I love the low crowds and 75 degrees sounds wonderful to me.

HAHAHAHA, awesome use of the photo there Becky. "How Cool Is That?" Kudos!

I'm glad you enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon so much! I do love me a water park and would love a redo of TL (we went in August, which was not ideal crowds-wise). Can't wait for your DR update too. Such a great day!

Yeah, I can only imagine the crowds in August at a water park are not so fun! But we have a good time :)

I AM interested in seeing some Typhoon Lagoon pictures since I have never been there.

I'm the same way. I can travel pretty light, but I still need my wallet with ID and preferably some cash. Of course since I drive, I also need a driver's license anyway.

I love the low crowds and 75 degrees sounds wonderful to me.

HAHAHAHA, awesome use of the photo there Becky. "How Cool Is That?" Kudos!

Oh, you should try to get to Typhoon Lagoon sometime! The themeing is a lot of fun. I haven't been to Blizzard Beach since I was in high school, but from what I remember I prefer TL. Though I think BB technically has more "thrill" rides and slides.

Haha I saw that I had that photo and was like, "I have to make some good use of that!"

Wow, you got so much done at TL! I've only been to BB once and we felt like it was too much work, all the walking, and we'd prefer to just chill in our hotel pool :rolleyes: Looks like you had a good time though!

Wow - sounds like y'all had a great time at the water park! We still haven't visited one - I'm sure Willow would love it, but I'm not that much of a water person. So far, Willow doesn't know that there ARE water parks at WDW..... :tiptoe:

Wow, you got so much done at TL! I've only been to BB once and we felt like it was too much work, all the walking, and we'd prefer to just chill in our hotel pool :rolleyes: Looks like you had a good time though!

We spent a lot of time the day before relaxing after the race, so I guess we were okay with all the walking! There's definitely something to be said for a good lazy hotel pool day though :thumbsup2

Wow - sounds like y'all had a great time at the water park! We still haven't visited one - I'm sure Willow would love it, but I'm not that much of a water person. So far, Willow doesn't know that there ARE water parks at WDW..... :tiptoe:

Haha, hopefully you'll last a bit longer til she finds out! I'm not a huge water parks person, but I find the ones at Disney (especially TL) to be more my speed. More rides with shared tubes and stuff and not so many body slides, which I really don't like.

A Full Sunday Afternoon!

After the water park our next item on the agenda was doing a photoshoot with the other girls who had done the races. However, we had about an hour before we had to leave for that, so I took that time to walk around AoA and take pictures. DH decided to take a nap. So here comes some picture overload! I didn't have enough time to really walk through the Cars section, as you'll see. But we had plenty of pictures from that area from when we did our 2nd anniversary photo shoot in August.

You can also get a pretty good view of POP from here - we haven't been there yet but are staying there next February!

There is a walking path that goes behind some of the buildings, and one of the really cool things is that all along the path there are signs with "fun facts" on them about the movies featured at AoA. Here's an example of one:

Then it was time for our photo shoot! We were heading over to All Star Sports for a photo shoot with David and Vicki Arndt, who do a lot of Disney Weddings and also were the ones that did our incredible anniversary pics! (Go check out the Aug. 2013 TR if you want to see those!). They are seriously the best. And if you remember that the way I met all of these girls was through a Disney brides group, this probably makes a little more sense.

There were six girls there that ran the races, and it was run to catch up with them (or meet some of them for the first time!) and just hang out. We also got lots of cute pictures with our medals and all!

If you are thinking of doing any sort of photoshoot at Disney (family portraits, engagement session, wedding, anniversary, or just because you feel like it!), I can't recommend David and Vicki enough. They take beautiful photos but they are also some of the nicest people we've ever met. Vicki is an absolute sweetheart :) If I could go back in time I would need to them do my wedding - even if it wasn't in Disney I would pay to fly them up to NY! That's how great they are.

Then for dinner we went to California Grill to celebrate one of the girl's birthdays, and to celebrate our race accomplishments! It was the first time that DH and I were at Cali Grill and we were excited. Our new Australian friends were there as well!

We had to wait a little bit before being seated, so we went out on the roof area to get a look at the Magic Kingdom. We had timed it so that we would be there during Wishes, but it wasn't time yet.

They brought us to a table covered in confetti for the celebrations! However, the table was way in the back so there would be no way to see Wishes from there. No matter though, we would just get up and go outside when it was time!

Most of us got appetizers and an entree. The appetizers had just arrived when Wishes started and out we went! It was definitely a cool perspective to see Wishes from up there.

The food was fantastic. I'll be putting a detailed dining review up, but we were so impressed with everything we ate. We shared a flatbread, I had the gnocchi and DH had the pork, and then I had to try the sundae sampler dessert. It was pricey of course but absolutely worth it. We loved Cali Grill!

Lucy and Peter drove us back to our resort, and we packed up most of our stuff so we could be ready to switch resorts the next day! And then we got some rest for our Magic Kingdom morning!

AoA really is a blast to walk around. So many great "Animated" designs. And a big shoutout for Pop Century Resort and Spa!!!

Your photoshoot was great. Love that you all met each other online. And I love the one of you and hubby. Way to represent your accomplishment Becky.

AoA really is a blast to walk around. So many great "Animated" designs. And a big shoutout for Pop Century Resort and Spa!!!

Your photoshoot was great. Love that you all met each other online. And I love the one of you and hubby. Way to represent your accomplishment Becky.

It's true, I just love walking around AoA, especially with a camera. I think I left about an hour to do it and I didn't have time to get to everything!

The Dis creates some great friends :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter