• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't got no stinking germs!
But seriously...... how would we get germs on it? I'm living in the age of refillable drinks at fast food restaurants and no one seems to be worried about germs there! I'm not worried about any dis'ers germs. Are people putting their cups clean up to where the soda comes out? I'm confused.
(ps. the mugs we have we drink out of the LID- the lid is huge and fat- my lips never touch the cup part like what's left when you take off the lid)

Having never been on a cruise before, I assumed that 1. the drink machines have the lever thingie to push with the cup and 2. they're just paranoid about germs since it's a cruise...

:lmao: so true.... so true
I think also people don't understand when I say like a store to get something is in another town- they don't realize that's usually about a 30-45min (or further) drive each way to get to that next town! We can be a bit spread out here in Texas, huh! LOL

Yep it's the same for us... Well we really seem to live in the boonies since really all we have is the grocery store. Walmart, Home Depot, decent restaraunts all 45 minutes away...

I don't think so. And if they did, they wouldn't admit it for fear of being made to walk the plank!!pirate:

Edited to ask....do you mean for THIS cruise...or any? I meant this cruise. We've gotten them on other cruises.

Yep was talking about this cruise.

Disney raised the recommended amount last month. I suggest calling them if you don't believe that it is $180 per person. The amount went up $16.50 per person I believe because I prepaid and now I'm $33 short for two.

OK Thanks!

Good morning everyone!

cool- thanks!

I'm doing pretty good. A little panicky but trying not to FREAK OUT with all the stuff I have to get done before we leave on the 11th!
How are you?
Oh and your posts about rugby reminded me- what size jersey did I put Jeff down for? If it was XL....... um, do you have them already? that might be a bit big. I don't know how they run -but if they are like the t-**** for this cruise- he'll need a L because it was plenty big! LOL He's in his thinner phase right now anyway (yes he goes back and forth and yet I'm jealous how fast he can drop 20+ pounds practically the minute he wants to. ugh)

I"ll try and swing it. I have to sit down an coordinate all the sizes this weekend.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I may have to stay up just to see this!

Nice job Cheryl

The things we do ....LOL As I said , Its all in the details ...LOL

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

pirate:

:thumbsup2

I wish I could help , but all my CJS Brown lenses are prescription ....

pirate:

I'm glad Barbossa has blue eyes:)

Deanna

Don't worry about a briefing. DH is the ref & has produced a handy "drunken idiots guide to touch rugby" which will be distributed early in the cruise to allow for bedtime reading. Hoping that the list of participants can be updated with cabin # so we know where to deliver to. There is also a prize for man of the match & woman of the match

Celestine

Edit.

I pierced my ear 3 days ago for Pirate Night.

It's still sore!

I don't know how you girls do it!

I pierced my navel 2 months ago and it still gets sore every once in a while!

When I had the second holes done in my ears they hurt for about 3 weeks - the first holes were about a week. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!

No that was my wifes suitcase. I have one suitcase dedicated to costumes. Most of the accessories are distributed among other cases to even out the weight. What a hassel!

Roger was right!

It's all that stuff we ladies need!

San Pedro 63.7°F/17.6°C Clear going up to 77F/25C

Anaheim 67.2°F/19°C Clear going up to 85F/29C

Welcome neighbor!

I didn't realize you were from Westchester NY. We lived there for several years and DH grew up in Yorktown Heights. We'll have lots to talk about:cool1:

Bailey's & Ice Cream!!
Oooooooh, have to try that:thumbsup2

We are well... Working like a dog... But considering the state of Wall St.... its better than the alternative. I totally cant wait for the trip, but work is very much getting in the way of my planning.

I stayed up until 1:15 AM last night watching the game. popcorn::

I hear we will be seated near each other for dining... In fact, I think all of us from the Yankee Meet will be in the same area.:cheer2:

We've had our room (6120) since day one... I cant imagine how you GTYs managed to hold out this long.

Wish the Mrs and the girls well.... See you soon!!!

Ummm, we're Met fans:rolleyes1
But me manage to get along with our family members that are Yankee fans, mostly, usually:upsidedow ;)

Didn't you hear? They have the Walt, A-Rod's soon to be ex has the Roy, and Madonna put Guy Ritchie down in a Cat12.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
But now where is Joey Fatone going to sleep???

Fr. Mike - can you lead a Kabbalah service??

OK. I have a dumb cruise-related question.

I read a suggestion to cut down on dryer time for your laundry, Hang it on the verandah.

Never had a verandah before.

Should I bring something in order to hang the laundry???

Is there anything out there to attach something magnetic to? (I think that I have a magnet-operated clotheline for the camper)

Thanks!

What do you mean Cheryl ate all of the lobster tails ??!!

It was Cruisin'mike who ate all the lobsters.:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 He has first dining and I have late. Donatioins of unwanted lobster tales accepted unless it is just the shell.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Deanna

Don't worry about a briefing. DH is the ref & has produced a handy "idiots guide to touch rugby" which will be distributed early in the cruise to allow for bedtime reading. Hoping that the list of participants can be updated with cabin # so we know where to deliver to. There is also a prize for man of the match & woman of the match

Celestine

Oh good!!! Deliver it early as John and I are not quick learners.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone! Going to be hot and muggy here. Thankfully we don't have any softball games tonight! But.... we are having a parents vs the kids game Friday night! LOL! Just when I thought things were gearing down. This should be interesting.. least I have a mitt!:lmao: The hitting and running part well?:confused3 :scared1:

Cheryl, you left me off of your PM list!:sad1: I have been writing down cabin #'s when I see them. Will try to get the rest of the PM's out today.

I was just the project away from getting my gold... I've been kicking myself ever since. But our troop disolved long before, our council was awful and very unsupportive and my parents and I had no idea what I could do for the project :sad2:

I was a GS leader for 14 years and couldn't get any of my girls to "go for the gold". My one daughter has the Silver, but by HS there were too many other things. I am glad I just got them to stay with it through HS although we only met once a month and very rarely had the entire troop.

We sorted the coins from our change bottle last night. We only counted the quarters, but we had over $180.:cool1: So I guess I can do laundry.:lmao: I have to get wrappers for the rest.

Congrats to all who are out of the lifeboats. :banana: We have had our room since day one, but are still waiting on our flight information. I was told 30 days, so hopefully tomorrow.

I'm bringing wraps like others said. And maybe a light windbreaker/jacket for the nights on the Pacific. It does get a little cold on this side of things.

Congrats to all who got their room assignments today! We've made it out of the lifeboats too - 7006 for us! If I'm looking at the deck maps right, we're aft starboard side - is that a good thing? Someone mentioned that connecting rooms can be louder because of the door between? Is this true? If so....I apologize now to whoever is in 7004. :love: Honeymooners :love: next door.....:rolleyes1 (ooops...family board!) :)

Congrats Jen, 7006 is actually port side forward check here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-deckplans.htm#

We were in 7004 & 7006 on the 2005 EB repo. Great room, great location nice and quiet. Granted it was two of my kids and DGM and DGF in the connecting room so I was probably oblivious to the noise but I really don't recall much. We really, really wanted those cabins for this cruise but could only get on deck 5 for our Cat 8. Shouldn't complain though because we were not guarantee. I still don't know how you all didn't go crazy not knowing all this time

As for wraps, I always take one or something long sleeve and never once have worn it including a cruise in February. You can not believe how hot it will be in August through the Panama Canal and the air conditioning never felt too cold and I am one to wear a sweater in the middle of summer.

Michelle

Acapulco Walking Tour to Fort

I have posted a topic on the Pirate Zone Form. Pdarrah and Micmse familes will be walking to the fort in Acapulco, If anyone is interested please leave message on board. We will be leave at 8:45 from the ship but where is still TBD. Hope we will have lots of DISers going with for a nice little walk.

Hey.....I am getting tired of posting this!!! Just give us your room numbers........please!!!:hug: :hug:

Just a friendly reminder!!!​

Attention !!!!!!!!

Please!!!!

Disney is now giving out room numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Please send room numbers for those of you who linked dining with Captain's Dining(early) or Party Hearty Dining(late). When DCL gets you out of those wonderful GTY rooms....... please send us your new room number. We must update this information to the dining person at DCL. Send to goofyforlife@yahoo.com for early and micmsecheryl@yahoo.com for late.

Thanks Mike for adding this~~~~~~~These people need to be notified of your room number too!!!

Also

When your GTY cabin is assigned, you may also want to:

PM bellelinus (Julie) with your stateroom number, if you are participating in the FE exchange.

PM eeyorelvr10 (Laura), if you're particpating in the Secret Mickey gift exchange.

Post on this thread on the Pirate Zone if you want to be included on the Pirate Roll Call. Please post it as a new post instead of editing your original, as it will most likely not be seen if you just do an edit.

PM Downrivermama (tina), if your ordered wristbands!!! This is new to the post

PM A Lilte Pixie Dust (Desiree), if you ordered lanyards.

PM mkygrl (Chrissie), if you requested nametags.

Thanks!

You may continue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter