• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to that!
If anyone sees my kids misbehaving on the cruise, please tell me!)

If anyone sees my kids misbehaving on the cruise, please correct them! And then tell me.

Thanks!!!

What about starting a thread on the Pirate Zone? Really no different than being on the DIS and then we know only our kids are on it. We could even break it up into the age groups (so the older teens can have their own area). I'd really that idea better than the DIS Board. I was going to try and set my two up in the next few days but will wait and see what you all think of this suggestion.

I'd kind of prefer this. I'm not all that interested in putting them on such a public (DIS) board.

If anyone is really warped, on google images, search "Hello, my name is Bridget"

Its "Earl" quality!

EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

DH and I will be bringing 2 pairs of zip-off shorts that look like khakis. They never seem to get dirty and dry quickly so a quick wash is easy.

We'll be twins then. :thumbsup2 I just bought three pair for about $30 each at Campmor.com today. High SPF, stay dry wicking fabric, and they're nice looking pants that double as shorts. AND come in four lovely neutral colors. What's to hate? :goodvibes

Home from the ER. DS was taking out the trash and comes inside calling for me to get him a band-aid right away because he cut his leg and he's bleeding. As soon as I washed it off I could see he needed stitches - he sliced it open on a broken wine glass, the glass acted like a scalpel and made about a 3 inch laceration across the bottom of his knee - deeper on one side and more like deep scrape on the other. So off to the ER and 3 stitches later we're home. They gave him a needle to numb him up before they did the stitches, I couldn't watch - Pete said it was huge.

OWW!!! Poor baby!

Maybe we can make a door magnet out of it? :confused3

Maybe someone could make ONE largish magnet out of it. And the goal is to keep it OFF your door. Sort of like a DIS hot potato.

My dear dear husband has decided to step in and help me since I have a major migraine which is really affecting my vision right now.

Sweetie - you take care of yourself first!!!!

Children and Grandchildren...you got to love them!!!

My DGD(the almost 4 year old that had Salmonella) decided to see if a Polly Pocket purple high heel shoe could fit up her nose today. :headache: :headache: I am doing my job today and DD calls to see if I could come with her to the Doctors office to watch my DGS. I told John to stay and finish the movies. While she was coming to get me.........two cars ahead of her decided to hit a huge break-away light pole.:scared1: :scared1: The car hit the pole and went into a ditch.:eek: My daughter missed the car in front of her by inches. :eek: The break-away pole flew over three lanes and just missed her car!!! :sad2: My daughter called 911 and the police asked if she could stay by the accident scene. :confused3 She said no she had to rush her daughter to the doctors. The police asked if she need to get an ambulance. Daughter said no.........there was just a shoe up her nose daughter's nose.I think my hair should be totally white by the time we cruise this August. BTW...the doctor did get out the purple shoe.:headache: :headache: :headache:

Oh my. I know it's not funny, but the way you tell it.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

:flower3: ..from being so confusing. *regarding story telling...ever?
watched.."top gun"? carnal knowledge...on the premises? in a crowd
of people..one can have exchanges...between others..without the
whole..group..jumping..in, based on share experiences..sorta like
speaking a different..language. here, it brings back my "younger
days"..when we [ the guys]..used to go out ..on the prowl, supporting
one another...& since...this is a disney site..i want to stay away..from
anything...close...to adult humor. ;)

ie,
panama red..was a song..about a prowler..in the 60's, :hippie:
teddy bears..are a great comfort..then there's the clothing line...that
are in`deeds...a measurement..for comfort." sexy"..isn't well
define...i for one, don't think..skinny women..as sexy..,@ all. there's
something...special..in looking..healthy.

..& i don't know why..but the thought..of making a teddy bear from
granny panties....made me, :lmao: ..gosh, :eek: ..hope that does make
me...feel ...old, :scared:

betcha...justm..got that one?.."feel/touching ? right, alot of smarties

loves...play acting, :thumbsup2 . one can see clearly...she's well educated
..in life matters.

i've heard..we have a legal system..not a justice sytem. that is true. * i
know ..his new carpet..was in the nails...in my drive way. i know he was
shown the property stake..that he buried, in trying to claimed an acre of
land. his yelling & cursing, isn't changing the marker. he called me a thief,
but stole our no trespassing signs.(rationization can only cover so much.)
...in my docmentation, he called me a thief, but when i asked him if he
reported to the sheriff..."i'll handle it myself". then he projected the blame
on me? he is justifying his stealing..ahead of time..and his acting out..his
threats..are dangerous behaviors. * drinking without self control, often
includes..abusing drugs...+ guns..are a meance...by my ways of'thinking.
epecially after he made the comment of shooting up in the trees.

i had no idea..of his plotting..until last week. now i am making the
connections..for the laws enforcment, including taking pictures. & seeing
how little it takes..to provoke him....like hanging no trespassing signs,
..one can see where my cameras will be pointed.:wizard:

dear..pbger..i watched.."we are marshall" tonight. if there are any fla.
state fans.....they should see..what bobby bowden did! i don't care..if
they...never have a winning season..again,...to force...him out..would be
against..everything....college football stand for. * it kills me how they
made the "cotton bowl"..into a second rate game. :mad: . it's crazy..
how they destroyed..the old southwest conference. and then there's
the game..itself....should belong..to the players on the field..and not
the odd makers...

My DGD(the almost 4 year old that had Salmonella) decided to see if a Polly Pocket purple high heel shoe could fit up her nose today. :headache: :headache: I am doing my job today and DD calls to see if I could come with her to the Doctors office to watch my DGS. I told John to stay and finish the movies. While she was coming to get me.........two cars ahead of her decided to hit a huge break-away light pole.:scared1: :scared1: The car hit the pole and went into a ditch.:eek: My daughter missed the car in front of her by inches. :eek: The break-away pole flew over three lanes and just missed her car!!! :sad2: My daughter called 911 and the police asked if she could stay by the accident scene. :confused3 She said no she had to rush her daughter to the doctors. The police asked if she need to get an ambulance. Daughter said no.........there was just a shoe up her nose daughter's nose.I think my hair should be totally white by the time we cruise this August. BTW...the doctor did get out the purple shoe.:headache: :headache: :headache:
OMG!
The whole experience as a whole is horrible and I'm so glad your daughter and grandchidren were okay--- but the way you told this story cracked me up.
Kids are a mess aren't they? I was attending the funeral of a childhood friend recently (sadly she lost her long battle with cancer :( :( :( ) when I get a call from school and Robert has put some little blue ball in his ear! Ofcourse they make no attempts to remove it, and ofcourse he denies being the one to put it in his ear. I had to quick make an appt with the dr and leave the funeral to go get him at the school...... only to take one look at it, grab a paperclip off the office desk and popped it right out of his ear, sent him back to class and rushed back to the service (only to get there as everyone was leaving. Which is okay, I"m not sure I wanted to view my friend anyway. I'd rather remember her as the beautiful full of life person I will always remember her as).
But WHY do kids feel the need to put things in orifices? No this is not my first encounter with this behavior. LOL They did have me all freaked out that it was way down in his ear though.. thankfully it wasn't. (and maybe if they'd have messed with it -it might have went in further so I'm glad they left it to MOM to handle. LOL) I'm grateful we didn't have to go to the dr (or worse the ER- seems my kids like to have accidents or do things like this on Friday nights- no chance of seeing their dr till Monday so ER visit it is. What timing they have! LOL)

If anyone sees my kids misbehaving on the cruise, please correct them! And then tell me.

Thanks!!!
Okay ditto this.... don't just tell me, correct them first please. LOL

I am done reassigning kids SM's. They will go out sometime Thursday in batches. Thank you all for understanding. Also for you impatient people :-)teeth: :rotfl: ) first adult ones will go out too! Can u tell I was a busy bee tonight? Haven't stayed up this late since end of April!!!!! LOL

Later Gators. Off to catch some zzzzzzzz's.

Standard or daylight?

I see you found the answer :lmao:

Oh my! What a day for them!

Maybe someone could make ONE largish magnet out of it. And the goal is to keep it OFF your door. Sort of like a DIS hot potato.

We've done this in the past with a large Mickey ears magnet (different colors if you want to do more than one). Called it Tag. The recipient puts there name on the magnet and passes it on to the next person (I think there was a list of room numbers participating on the back and you crossed off yours when you got the magnet). The object was to see how far it got over the cruise.

I bought one stick. Do they not last very long :confused3 I was thinking that we could rewear dinner clothes especially if we change after dinner and use the tide sticks for the "oops I spilled food on me" moments;)

I found that we ran through the one Tide to Go stick quickly last summer, but maybe we are either messier than most, pickier than most about little stains, or more willing to reuse clothes if we can get a little spot off than most -- who knows??? :confused3 :lmao: It just seemed that whenever the youngest girl would put on a cute little white skirt or something she would get a splotch of something on it -- I think we even have a picture of us on the Med cruise at lunch before we could even get in the cabin, and I am using the stick on her skirt!:laughing:

co-workers...who needs stinkin co-workers....

Guess what i lost today? (and "my mind" is not a valid answer)

I need your help Counselor...

~K

So sorry to hear this . . .:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Those are great ideas Lisa. I know that I'm going to have to do laundry at least once, probably twice but for the most part I'm thinking it will mainly be the unmentionables and shirts. Shorts and pants can be worn a few times (as long as we don't spill anything on them!).

I know it's not for everyone, but "unmentionables" can also be easily washed out in the sink and hung up overnight on the line in the bathroom. Anything to cut down on multiple laundry days, as far as I am concerned.

yikes!! my eyes hurt...
why o why did i do that google image?????:lmao:

I know, because Tom had suggested it, I knew it was a bad idea . . . but then peer pressure got to me -- everyone was doing it, so I had to, too!:lmao:

Maybe we can make a door magnet out of it? :confused3

:rotfl2:

I think we make a poster sized magnet for Tom's door. And if we do play hot potato with a magnet of it, I'm sending it to Tom -- as many times as it takes!:rotfl:

Lots going on in my life - lots not good but life happens and then you have to move on - I am alive, I got 6 weeks to go and then I can go into my Disney Induced "Everything is Fine Mode." Nothing like hiding my head in the sand right. Anyway, on to my real reason.......be back in a moment folks!

Talk to me if you find the time and it helps to talk about it . . .:love: :love:

I promise to work on this tonight and tomorrow and hope to have new SMs out starting tomorrow. My dear dear husband has decided to step in and help me since I have a major migraine which is really affecting my vision right now.

AND YES, THE ADULTS SM ARE 90% DONE! SO STOP ASKING!

JUST KIDDING! They too will be going out this weekend! Thanks all for understanding. Talk to you all later. Gotta run - being paged!

You have done so much work, Laura!:love: I know everyone appreciates it, especially with all you have been doing this summer.:worship: Take care of yourself, my friend!

My DGD(the almost 4 year old that had Salmonella) decided to see if a Polly Pocket purple high heel shoe could fit up her nose today. :headache: :headache: I am doing my job today and DD calls to see if I could come with her to the Doctors office to watch my DGS. I told John to stay and finish the movies. While she was coming to get me.........two cars ahead of her decided to hit a huge break-away light pole.:scared1: :scared1: The car hit the pole and went into a ditch.:eek: My daughter missed the car in front of her by inches. :eek: The break-away pole flew over three lanes and just missed her car!!! :sad2: My daughter called 911 and the police asked if she could stay by the accident scene. :confused3 She said no she had to rush her daughter to the doctors. The police asked if she need to get an ambulance. Daughter said no.........there was just a shoe up her nose daughter's nose.I think my hair should be totally white by the time we cruise this August. BTW...the doctor did get out the purple shoe

Wow! I'm glad everyone is fine, but this is a story your DGD will hear about the rest of her life!:laughing:

How did you know it was red wine?:rotfl2: Actually, the carpet is burgundy so it blended right in:lmao:

Now that's smart decorating!

Please:rolleyes: , not all of Virginia is bad. We like where we are:confused3

I don't think it's bad for all. It's just bad for us.
The area we live in (Mount Vernon) is actually pretty. Problem is that we have to leave our yard to go anywhere!

Lots of people don't want to live in Alaska.
Heck, I'm from Cleveland. I get that some people hate places that others think are great.

~K

Oh no K. :grouphug:
(not I get the comment in your PM - I read that first)

Never a dull moment for Cheryl. What is it with kids and noses???
I'm glad DD and DGD are both OK.

Thanks!!!

ditto
Of course our kids are likely to be together, so feel free to correct the whole lot of 'em.

That'd be some magnet!

Here is my attempt to what I skimmed over........

Chrissie: The name tags are FANTASTIC !! I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much for doing this.:goodvibes

Kristina: Sorry to hear about your job.:hug: Believe everything happens for a reason and you will only find a better job.:wizard:

Tom: Step away from the computer ( Google ) :rotfl2:

Cheryl: Although not a funny story, I did laugh. Glad it all worked out in the end. Kids really have a way to keep us on our toes.:rotfl2:

Good morning everyone!

Yes!!! I was able to order Kevin's no problem.

Thanks, did go to their site and saw that cabin # was not essential.

We ordered ours without a cabin number. Once we get onboard, I'll let you know if it worked!:thumbsup2

Thanks Mike!

Need to take a break from work and see whats cooking on the DIS..

DW is totally stressing about packing... I've told her to pack like its a 7 or 8 day vacation and I will do the laudry.

Plan to take 2 rolls of quarters for the laundry as the driers take a long time to get things dry (unless its a very small load). Take the quarters as carry on otherwise is help get the checked luggage to become over weight.

Will likely bring a small box of detergent w us and a ziplock bag of some downey sheets.

I never do laundry at home... but I do it on the DCL (give the DW a break). See y'all on the 6th floor laudry room.

As for the tux... what's it cost to rent? Have heard they are cheap to buy as well. Not sure what to do there.

And a question for the group... if the cruise were next Aug instead of this Aug... how many would reconsider talking the cruise due to the uncertain economic picture? I can tell you I would still go, but I bet the DW would be trying to talk me out of it.... she's the worry wort of this couple!

Johnna is stressing about packing also. I have 5 huge costumes to pack. I'm going to try to fit it all in one suitcase. My duaghter's gold gown is like a tent.

Rent the TUX Sil.

Sil, renting the tux is the way to go. No packing, additional luggage space not needed, clean pressed shirts for each night provided. And we would be on the cruise with you. Jack,

My thoughts exactly.

I guess it depends on how bad your crocs smell..:confused3

:rotfl:

Ouch!

Home from the ER. DS was taking out the trash and comes inside calling for me to get him a band-aid right away because he cut his leg and he's bleeding. As soon as I washed it off I could see he needed stitches - he sliced it open on a broken wine glass, the glass acted like a scalpel and made about a 3 inch laceration across the bottom of his knee - deeper on one side and more like deep scrape on the other. So off to the ER and 3 stitches later we're home. They gave him a needle to numb him up before they did the stitches, I couldn't watch - Pete said it was huge.

So I'm sure you're wondering HOW he cut his knee on a broken glass in the trash...well the stupid kid picks up the trash bag and walks with it plastered to his side. I had packed up the broken glass in newspaper and had it in the middle of the trash bag with other stuff around it but with the way he was handling it, it shifted around.

And YES, there was wine in the glass when it broke:sad1:. I had just filled it and put in on my end table and went to wind up the cookoo clock when one of the pulleys hit the lamp knocking it over which fell on the wine glass sending it crashing to the floor.

I hope he's doing well Lorri. Usually stiches below the knee stay in a bit longer beacuse the skin in that area is under more stree due to bending @ 10 days or so.

I haven't made it to chat in what seems like months:sad2: I am into my busy time at work and in the midst of a full blown remodeling of my Shell station. (Never did get something worked out with traffic--so I just torn down most of the interior walls and that has been more time consuming making coolers fit the existing walls. Try not to work so long and hard --I know way easier said than done.

Glad you got your af to LA! It may be the 1st of next month before I make it to chat again.

Paula how are you guys doing? Sounds like you have alot going on. Do you think you'll get it settled before the cruise?

Good evening from Pennsylvania. Just getting used to my new laptop -- trying to keep up. Two days in a row. I'm sure I'll get behind again next week when DD moves to CT.

Spent the day with both DD's and the grandkids walking the Boardwalk at Ocean City, NJ. Everything tastes better on the Boardwalk. We are starting to work on our packing list. Finally broke down and got DH a tux. I'm assuming that the tux will be OK for both formal and semi formal nights??????

Just talked to DH who is home in Florida. I know the economy (more specifically the cost of gas) is making changes in our life. He works early on the 4th and would have usually driven down to WDW to see the fireworks -- but we don't make those quick trips any more.

We are staying at the Doubletree before the TOAL -- should we be considering taking a cab or do you think the free shuttle will be OK. DH always wants to be at the terminal when it opens.

Barbara

Hi Barbara, sounds like your having a good time. Enjoy!

~K

Sorry to hear that Kristine.

Chrissie, I think the name tag looks great!

Cheryl, if you bring that button on the ship I'll sew it on for you:)

~K

Was out running last night, then left cell in charger.... thought I recognized #.

I am around today (10-11 meeting otherwise clear).

I am done reassigning kids SM's. They will go out sometime Thursday in batches. Thank you all for understanding. Also for you impatient people :-)teeth: :rotfl: ) first adult ones will go out too! Can u tell I was a busy bee tonight? Haven't stayed up this late since end of April!!!!! LOL

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for organizing this!!!

Yes Christopher however, keep in mind that the ship keeps its own time. Always, and I do mean ALWAYS, follow the ship's time as it maybe be different - especially as we start changing time zones. As some of you read - we (meaning Steve and I) had a bit of mishap on our Cabo day - so consequently, I will have a manuel watch when I go into ports! I don't need to be beat over the head more than once!

Nice to see you around!!

This raises some questions for those doing Roger and Julie's Zip Line Adventure, the instructions I got are very specific about "local time" and ignoring "ship time." How does this play our for us?

If we are into PV at 9:30 ship time, what time is it PV time?

Oh Cheryl! :hug: :hug: I agree with the others, the way you tell it is funny! It is one of those stories that WILL be funny someday... (I hope everything else is going OK)

DS was about 3 when he decided to put Lily of the Valley flowers up his nose! :eek: He had picked the "pretty flower" at grandma's house and as we drove home (3 whole miles) he plucked several little flowerettes off the stalk and shoved them in. We got some out, ended up taking him to the doctor who got more out and then a couple days later he suddenly had a runny-nose/sinus thing (very unusual for him) and finally sneezed the last one out. On the plus side, it seems to have made an impression on him since he never put anything in nose or ears after that :laughing:

Pamela

Cheryl, I have to say that angels sure are watching over your family.:hug:

I found that we ran through the one Tide to Go stick quickly last summer, but maybe we are either messier than most, pickier than most about little stains, or more willing to reuse clothes if we can get a little spot off than most -- who knows??? :confused3 :lmao: It just seemed that whenever the youngest girl would put on a cute little white skirt or something she would get a splotch of something on it -- I think we even have a picture of us on the Med cruise at lunch before we could even get in the cabin, and I am using the stick on her skirt!:laughing:

Uh, this happens to me too with the Tide to Go pens I've kept at work, and I'm not a cute little girl anymore, well maybe a cute 35 year old. :rotfl:

I find though I just don't like the smell that the Tide to Go leaves, it's too chemical-y.

Oh Cheryl! :hug: :hug: I agree with the others, the way you tell it is funny! It is one of those stories that WILL be funny someday... (I hope everything else is going OK)

DS was about 3 when he decided to put Lily of the Valley flowers up his nose! :eek: He had picked the "pretty flower" at grandma's house and as we drove home (3 whole miles) he plucked several little flowerettes off the stalk and shoved them in. We got some out, ended up taking him to the doctor who got more out and then a couple days later he suddenly had a runny-nose/sinus thing (very unusual for him) and finally sneezed the last one out. On the plus side, it seems to have made an impression on him since he never put anything in nose or ears after that :laughing:

Pamela

My DS has put gum up his nose and in his ears, has also put a tic tac up his nose. The best was a few months ago when he opened a couch cushion and put some of the foam in his year. I couldn't even see it, he pushed it so far in. Our ped couldn't pull it out and we had to take a trip to the ENT to get it out. And he was almost 6 when he did this. When you ask him why he does stuff like this he just shrugs. And he's supposed to be a gifted child. Yeah. ;)

Later Gators. Off to catch some zzzzzzzz's.

Laura, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! I am so sorry that you had to go through additional stress with this big project. Hope right now you are enjoying your zzzzzz's and that today is a better day.:hug:

Morning.. just a quick fly by HI...

sorry I have been MIA but work is really a 4 letter word.. i am overwhelmed and overloaded... anyway.. gonna ketchup..

speaking of packing -
DH is a miminalist.. if I let him pack alone, he will take 1 pr jeans, 1 pr shorts, 3 t-shirts , gym shoes and 1 suit/shirt/tie.. which gives me lots more room..:thumbsup2 ( plus I pack him extra clothes..just in case..:rotfl2: )

I have thought about packing and I am obsessing about shoes..i have gymn shoes, sandels and now i need to decide on the other shoes to bring.. maybe i need to buy some..hmmm.

gonna ketchup and then start work..

Happy 4th if I don't get back..see ya real soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter