7 yr old girl on angel tree. Need present ideas

Hi. I was just wondering where you got your "angel tree" match. Is it through an organization you know? Would love to shop for a child personally. Every year I donate stuff but I think it could be fun to get a specific catergory to shop for ex. "girl 9 yeas old". Thanks
My husband works at a large corporation. They have an angel tree just for their employees to buy for. I always ask him each year to pick a little girl for me to buy for. We are pretty generous with her gifts, not crazy, but we try to make sure she has a good Christmas and warm clothes for winter. We are given her clothes and shoe size and three “ wishes” she has. Also, we talk about her on Christmas morning when we open our gifts. ( wonder if “ Mary” opened her presents yet? Wonder if she was excited about her new...MONKEY PAJAMAS?!?!) I have seen angel trees at the mall and Walmart before.

A funny story: last year, our angel had just one wish on her list. “PAJAMAS WITH MONKEYS ON THEM AND MY FAVORITE COLOR IS RED!” My DD and I went shopping over Thanksgiving weekend. We had so much fun. We had to order the pjs online as we couldn’t find any in person. But we did find a little monkey charm that we clipped on the zipper of a new RED backpack. We have smiled so many times thinking about those monkey pajamas.

I try to mention this every year. Years ago when I was working full- time and was on the committee at work for adopt-a-families, the lady there told me something I have never forgot.

Many of those angel tree kids and the kids at the adopt-a-Family never get NEW UNDERWEAR. So no matter what we get our angel every year, I always buy a package of new underwear and new socks. Also, when we adopt-a-Family with a group of DH’s co-workers ( we get a fam with lots of kids) I always say sign me up for new
underwear for all. I’m sure the checkout person at target wonders what in the world I am doing with all the packages of underwear...

If you are able and so inclined, please consider donating new underwear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter