7 NIGHTS RPR.....TINSEL AND SUNSCREEN TRIP REPORT 2017

The kids and I finally got to experience Jimmy Fallon on this trip...what a dud! We all agreed we didn't care if we ever rode it again. Granted, we don't watch the Tonight Show, but still... My hubby has motion sickness issues and said at first we should ride it and see if it would make him sick. The kids and I agreed that it wasn't even worth a second ride so dad could experience it! I certainly hope that the Fast & Furious ride is a bit more exciting than that!

A dud!!! Perfect description of Fallon ride.........:thumbsup2 yep, we’ll never ride it again.........

I think F&F will be so much better.........hearing bits and pieces of what’s going on, it sounds like something we’d enjoy.....and I’ve never watched any of the F&F movies.......maybe I should......:scratchin

Enjoying your report, how nice to spend time at US/IOA with your son this time. The night show on the castle looked awesome.

Your son sure loves chocolate cake, lol!

.so, I knew about the panda thing..........but didn't think anything of it.......walked past it and stood back for Tom to take some pictures......

Kyle was looking at me funny at this point........then I knew why......the blooming panda sprung to life and jumped towards me!!!! Well, of course I never expected it.

:rotfl:

this was the highlight of this ride.

The panda was the highlight of Fallon for me too.

.a TM friend told us one woman told her it was the highlight of her vacation???? Seriously????

So weird. :confused:

I see people on message boards slate people who take pictures.......the quote "you can see them all online why do you need a picture" Well, that may be fine for them and they`re welcome to do that......we have always taken pictures and will continue to do so.

Us too!

We go into what is probably our favourite area in DA.......Knockturn Alley......this is amazingly well done and very atmospheric.

I love Knockturn too. It's especially nice in summer when it's hot out :laughing:

and find somewhere else as they were stood on the path and could they please remove the child from his shoulders as it could impair the view of those behind them.

I'm so glad they tell people that at Universal. At Disney someone put a kid on their shoulders and we missed the whole castle lighting show.

WEDNESDAY 6TH DECEMBER.........

We slept well last night again, those beds are incredibly comfortable.......and we all woke up feeling very refreshed this morning.......we were looking forward to today as we planned on spending all day in the parks....something we never do, see the Macy`s Parade which was all new to us of course and we were meeting up with our mate.....Metro (Todd)........we were being spoiled as we usually only get to see him once a year.......so this was a real bonus. But that was later in the day......

Our breakfast was quiet as there was hardly anyone in the lounge this morning, it was nice actually.....there was a lovely Australian family that we had gotten to know.....you know when you talk to someone and you click immediately........that was us with them......they were so funny and hearing them talk of their trip to other places in America was fascinating. Lovely to hear others opinions........

But, after a very quick breakfast we got our sunscreen on and headed into the parks........it was hot this morning.......and we loved it......we took the path and passed a couple who looked cold......Kyle said that was what I usually look like........but not today........it only takes a few minutes to walk to IOA.......and its such a lovely walk.......we love the entrance area of this park.....so picturesque and tiny little details that so many people miss as they trundle past to get to the rides........

Our pictures today all seem blurred......turns out we had a fingerprint on the lens (mine no doubt) so the pictures do look funny....but I`ll post them anyway......

i-Q5c3dsw-XL.jpg

We walked down to the area by the water......they had blocked a whole section off as they were filming something......as we passed they had TM`s around the cordon and asked us very politely and pleasantly if we could refrain from taking pictures of what was being filmed......of course we wouldn't......but we did go down to the water and get some images there.........the same TM offered to take a picture of all 3 of us at this point.......something we strangely hadn't really done very often this trip.

i-PVkXr2P-XL.jpg

i-xNgpQjD-XL.jpg

We decided today we would go the other way this morning.....usually we go via The Hulk, but today we wanted to go through zeuss first........couldn't remember if we had ever gone this way first........

i-cB5QccZ-XL.jpg

It is such a colourful area at the best of times, but with the Christmas décor it added an extra element........

i-dPHfh3s-XL.jpg

i-SXTXPM7-XL.jpg

We did CitH first today......slightly different to Hulk.......but so weird!!!! What kind of brain comes up with that........but, cute little ride......and it`s not as spinny as it once was........but once is enough.......I always think they could jazz that up and make it a fabulous horror night house.......it`s already a little freaky!!!

i-VNgG5CK-XL.jpg

It was gloriously sunny again today....and the weather forecast was showing it would still be nice till Friday now......so only our last day would be cold.......could deal with that......we walked down and admired all the décor that had been put up and someone said hello to me.......I actually thought it was someone who I knew in real life, she looked like the lady who works in our village Post Office........but this lady said she reads and posts on another site, but reads on here for trip reports.......and wanted to say hello.......so, say hello we did and had a brief exchange before setting off........I cannot think of her name except it might have been Georgie.....or similar......sorry I forgot.......

We headed down to do the trolley train which is always cute.......and so high over the water!!!! I was still being teased about this.........

As there was no one there we walked up the regular queue.......not worth it.......not much to see at all........and much longer.......but we got to the top and there were only a few people waiting to get on.......we never feel odd going on rides that are predominantly for younger children.......I know some people don't do it, but we wouldn't miss these little rides either........

i-FpjBxmD-XL.jpg

i-tV2zNtR-XL.jpg

i-5QjpBP4-XL.jpg

We were done here quite quickly.......we don't really go into the stores here but you can spend a little more time here than we do.......we do the minimum in zeuss I believe.......

Through to Potter now........

i-sXzC72N-XL.jpg

i-gssFmJv-XL.jpg

We stopped off at the Fountain......but there was no one around today......so he was singing to himself and we passed him by as he sent up a lovely water display to hopefully entice someone to stop and talk to him......I had only ever actually "spoken" to the fountain once......I had brought a big bag of change we had collected over our trip and was putting all the money in the fountain as it went to charity.......It was quiet when I went up to do it, and popped the money in around the back.....all of a sudden the fountain started talking.......it was a short conversation as I didn't really know what to say......lol......not like me at all......but he thanked me for the kind donation and said they appreciated it........thankfully there was no one around at the time.......but I did enjoy the interaction with him......Tom and Kyle laughed like crazy at me sounding tongue tied.......oh dear.......

We went around to Potter and I saw something I had never actually seen before in all our visits.......we were snapping images of the owlery......

i-mmg7jTC-XL.jpg

it was actually Kyle that spotted it first..............as we were looking at the Owlery tower.........we saw the doors slowly and delicately sweep open............

i-tqGKCc7-XL.jpg

i-pVqRzJX-XL.jpg

I swear I had never seen that happen before......had no idea, and had never heard anyone mention it before........of course it`s quite possible I`m the only one that didn't know it did that.........lol.......but we were suitably surprised.........

We saw the conductor appear at this point.......and of course we thought we`d get a picture........of course so did everyone else.......we stood back to let one family go ahead of us, when another family thought they`d do the same.......so we did actually say we were ahead of them.......the family in front were quite long to be fair.......but the conductor was marvelous with them........and the kids were absolutely shining with happiness at seeing him......the family behind me actually told them to hurry up!!!! Oh my goodness......I was gobsmacked........how rude.......the family hadn't heard but the conductor did, and he did well to ignore the heckling......who does that!! We hadn't seen a lot of rudeness this trip but when we did, wow!!!

It was our turn next and we thought we`d just take one picture and go......but the conductor asked us to take another.........hmm....he had heard......

i-NHXX2SK-XL.jpg

i-JsHt6LW-XL.jpg

He very purposely shook all of our hands and said it was nice to see some fellow Brits........we of course thanked him for his time.......I didn't look back to see impatient family get their pictures..........

We had a look at what was DD.........Kyle and Tom began analyzing what was their favourite part of Dragons.........and commiserated with each other how much they`d miss their favourite ride..........10 minutes later I think they had discussed every twist and turn of the ride.......now I was getting impatient......lol.......

i-mT38kv3-XL.jpg

Love this area of Potter.......

i-HJsxFZJ-XL.jpg

Hey......remember me..........they really were engrossed in their conversation.........

i-3WZPxJW-XL.jpg

We go round to do FJ.......I wander through and tell them I`m not riding and taking pictures.......probably should have done the regular line for more pictures, but the queue was quite long for the regular line.........

i-LMs8VWC-XL.jpg

i-fhxDcnL-XL.jpg

i-CBWqckj-XL.jpg

i-ndRW96q-XL.jpg

i-MpfGPgZ-XL.jpg

i-2RLwJwn-XL.jpg

i-4xd7ztD-XL.jpg

The attention to detail in incredible......and really, I`d tell anyone to take your time and go through and take in everything......listen as well.....the paintings are incredible.......I honestly get more impressed every time we visit........but for now they went on the ride and I headed back down to the gift shop and got a few pictures in there too.........

i-Qh4szkk-XL.jpg

i-mMVnVcW-XL.jpg

i-d2XchQT-XL.jpg

After 3 rides they met me and we went outside......it was so lovely........we really just took our time and decided to go on Flight of the Hippogriff......we hadn`t done it in a while........

i-H8b54Fg-XL.jpg

i-VH4Pwjm-XL.jpg

i-LkTvnps-XL.jpg

i-C9zdJFd-XL.jpg

i-2zDzVj8-XL.jpg

cont........

Flight of the Hippogriff is quite abrupt........for a kiddie ride, it`s quite good......it goes fairly fast and does come to quite a fast stop. But, as we hadn't done it in a while and Kyle was happy to go on we did it........the walkway through isn't fabulous but you do get to see Hagrid`s hut........

i-kSpGP52-XL.jpg

i-DkSQJjX-XL.jpg

i-Sw6NRdD-XL.jpg

i-9xFhnfB-XL.jpg

It was fun....and yep, it was actually faster than we remembered it......Kyle commented too had they made it faster........it`s not scary and it`s fine for little ones, but wow can it feel rough!!!

We come off and decide to head round to do Kong before Hulk and Dr Doom........how much did we love the fact Kyle was with us this trip......spending so much time together just the 3 of us was fabulous and we made sure to enjoy every minute.........

i-cTJb83D-XL.jpg

This was the tower that had been added for the light show on the castle.......it fitted in so well.........think I`ve probably mentioned this before.......

i-BKvBdLZ-XL.jpg

Obligatory castle picture..........

i-4bmP89D-XL.jpg

i-tkngTZ9-XL.jpg

This is an area we don't spend an awful lot of time in.......we don't eat in Burger Digs and only once have we gone downstairs to see what goes on there......we really just do the river adventure......and as it wasn't 100f today we weren't doing any water rides........on JPRA sometimes you don't get wet, sometimes you get soaked.....and anything in between.......but we didn't fancy getting drenched as we planned to be here all day........but on the way we did ask a couple of Italian ladies if we could take a picture of them together. as they were doing the old I`ll take yours and then you take mine...........they also had a load of bags and I said I would hold them so they weren't in the pictures.......I told them don't worry I can`t run fast enough to pinch them........people are always so grateful when you take their picture......and it only takes a minute........they said they would take one of us, so of course we couldn't refuse..........

i-3C7JXMM-XL.jpg

It was strange walking past JP and not going on.....it looked almost deserted.......I was surprised, it may have been too cold for me to get soaked, but many folks don't mind so much........then we saw someone come off and they were indeed drenched.......they asked if someone had turned the water on high......Kyle was glad......anytime we went on, Tom and I could come off sprinkled or bone dry........but not Kyle, he was always a magnet for the water.....always seemed to attract the water towards him......and of course we thought it was funny.......then to add insult to injury we took him straight to Mythos that day.....where everyone knows it feels like minus 30!!!! He never lets us forget.........

But today, we passed........we did Kong.......and yep, it`s ok.......wouldn't ride it twice in one day........

Kyle, bless him was being incredibly patient and very understanding of the pictures we were taking.......I think he forgot how many we took.......I think this was Tom and Kyle`s favourite sign.........

i-cBtJ79Z-XL.jpg

i-76NvHPj-XL.jpg

These pictures actually reminded me of something.........there were a whole load of photographers around the parks over our trip......we had never seen so many......I had seen some complaints of never seeing those photopass people.......but, they were all over the place......and in many places I wouldn't have thought of.......

This was more my thoughts.........their thoughts too actually.........

i-ZMRK3Nr-XL.jpg

On to Spiderman and Dr Doom...........

i-hf7tjmf-XL.jpg

i-8vZBrcr-XL.jpg

Loved Spider-Man........only went on once but we enjoyed it, and then headed round to Dr Doom..........but first we ran into this guy.......and we were second in the line.......

i-3kRWnbd-XL.jpg

He was so cool!!!!! And had the most piercing of eyes........

The photographer shouted to Dr Doom had he seen Kyle`s teeshirt........he very much approved and asked Kyle how evil he could be........and he was really funny.......love it when they have a bit of extra personality.......

i-PFhpPL6-XL.jpg

Actually we had bought the wrong size tee for him the year we bought that for him......when we got back home the two tees we bought were massive on him....so macraven very kindly bought two of the right size and posted them over to us........we were very grateful for the time she took to do this of course.......and Tom inherited the larger size...........it was one of his favourite tees and Dr Doom approved.........so we bid farewell to him and went on the ride.......

Loved it.........we did Doom 4 times, yep, short ride but so much fun........you really do want to be coming out of your seat when you are up in the air.......that`s the best.......

We then decided it was time for lunch.......we were all hungry now........Kyle had chosen to go to Mythos today......we very much approved of his choice......we had enjoyed a lovely meal in September so were happy to go back again.

We cut back through Zeuss and straight into Mythos......there was a few people waiting but we got seated within 10 minutes........nearer 5 probably......we will never make a reservation for lunch......we have no idea when we`re going to be hungry or where we`ll be at a certain time......and have no plans to ever make plans like that......except to meet friends of course.........if somewhere is too busy......we`ll go somewhere else........

It was nice and cool in here today as usual.......and sitting for the few minutes was pleasant........a few came in and asked how long it would be and when were told les than 10 minutes they grumbled that was too long.........ok.

But, we got seated and immediately we ordered our drinks......Kyle got his usual daiquiri.....non alcoholic of course......and Tom and I ordered a Potion of the Gods cocktail........we weren't sure of the size so we ordered one......our waitress said some shared it and some didn't........but when it arrived we ordered one each...........and were glad we did........it was so lovely. Because it wasn't as hot we felt we could manage sangria or a cocktail at lunch, usually in September we drank only water, so this was a real treat........

i-5FqZsBg-XL.jpg

i-FgrZVCS-XL.jpg

We had a nice little table tucked away.......and we chatted away while we waited on our food.......I find the bread here quite hard but they enjoyed a slice or two........

Kyle demolished his first drink and we soon ordered him another.......that and the water as we were all still making sure we drank plenty despite it not being as hot as usual....but it was still hot.

Our food arrived and Kyle had rather unsurprisingly ordered the cheese pizza, Tom had gone for the regular cheese burger and I had chosen the crab cake sandwich......Tom had ordered it in September and it was lovely.......

i-M7vzWvd-XL.jpg

i-6bMfXQ8-XL.jpg

i-9hvrG8H-XL.jpg

As always the food was so good. And the prices in here are remarkably low for the quality and service you receive........our waitress checked on us but wasn't intrusive........

We finished our food and sat back for a little while.......we had no interest in dessert today but were enjoying just sitting, chatting and laughing about silly little things........it`s funny what you think about at times........

i-z4FJndk-XL.jpg

We paid the check and left before heading round to get the train to Studios..........

Before we go on the train we have a mooch up the exit for the train........a TM stops us and apologizes and says we can`t go that way, we tell her we just want to look down where Duelling Dragons was and what`s there now......oh she agrees it will be missed and allows Kyle to wander up a little to take some pictures.....although apart from a crane and a big empty space, there`s not much to see.........so after chatting to her for a while we amble back and go through to get the HE.......and again glad of the EP.....although it`s not too busy........

i-ZKNzrmV-XL.jpg

i-TXQ5TgB-XL.jpg

We get on the train and we don't get a carriage to ourselves today.......but the folks we are sharing with are nice and it`s a fun little journey.......this has got to be a must do for any Potter fan.......it`s so like the real thing and does hark back to trains we used to have in the UK in the 1970`s.........

Getting off the other side we stopped to take some pictures........a young boy went underneath the camera as I was taking this picture, very kind of him......

i-DCdhMqr-XL.jpg

i-m8gSvFh-XL.jpg

I went to leave when a lady asked if my name was Carole........I said yes......she was also a Dis reader who wanted to say hello.......she was very nice and I never got round to asking what her screen name was.......but a big hello if you`re reading this.........

Our first stop in the Studios was Ben & Jerry`s.......of course. Kyle was ready for dessert.........so round we walked and he had his usual chocolate ice cream and we didn't bother as we were still full........

i-qHpVkFL-XL.jpg

We went back out into the sunshine.........we couldn't believe how hot this was.......some folks had told us how cold it could get this time of year and we were glad it was hot and not the alternative........

They wanted to do TF.......I was sitting it out and said I`d wander around and get some pics and wait for the Blues Brothers show......hadn't seen it yet......

i-q325SQs-XL.jpg

i-nVbWNMs-XL.jpg

I did get to see it and it is so much fun........they really do put on a good show.......and the lady can really sing too........I was swaying and dancing away beside another couple when Tom and Kyle came up behind me and said they were done with TF........and he said it was rough today so he was glad I hadn't gone on........so was I!!!

We were too early to meet Todd yet, so we went on The Mummy..........that never seems to upset my tummy or brain.......except of course the time we did it about 10 times in a row many years back........all of a sudden......oops!!!! But today we only did it once and then decided to go and sit in Monsters Café and have a cold drink.

This is another place we never eat in.......food just never seems to hit the spot, and it`s such a shame as the theming in here is excellent. Some of the memorabilia is amazing and when you go through the back of the café it`s very cool!! Today we just shared a giant orange Fanta and Kyle had a bottle of water.

i-mj5X4pr-XL.jpg

i-ZSSNfhg-XL.jpg

i-Tb8dQzn-XL.jpg

i-PmCtJZk-XL.jpg

i-hr3rGGq-XL.jpg

i-vwzMwvC-XL.jpg

We sat in here for around 30 minutes and cooled down........eventually though we made a move as I thought I was getting too comfy and would drop off......

So we headed back out into the sunshine and would find somewhere to sit to wait for Todd and then watch the parade.........

cont......

Finished your trip report from September and now enjoying your trip report from December. Beautiful pictures as always Carole. It always warms the heart to see a family so happy to be together vacationing.

The Christmas decorations are beautiful and the pictures of the light show in Hogsmeade are awesome.

Love the monster pics in Monster Cafe. I have never eaten there, but have wondered around and taken pics when it was empty. Nice ambiance from a Horror fans perspective. Just wish the food was more appealing. Did enjoy the photo op in the electric chair with Mac and ch27 and her son at HHN.

Looking forward to more of your trip report :sunny:

We were so excited for this parade........we had heard people talk of the Christmas festivities for many years and friends that had been all said how good it was and finally we were here.......I think I was more looking forward to this parade than I was the Castle light show.......

i-g3ndB3S-XL.jpg

But for now we found a seat on the benches behind the rather large Christmas tree........we didn't really need to grab a seat as it wasn't like Disney where you had to stake out your parade spot 17 hours before it started.......but we were a little early, so Tom and Kyle went over to go on the Mummy a couple of times before Todd was due.........I sat on the bench and as usual found myself chatting to several people......Kyle said I was like Forrest Gump sitting chatting on the benches to everyone waiting for the bus at times!!! Er, thanks.....I think......this was nice though.......I love chatting to folks and passing the time of day......and I think most people are the same.......

These ladies appeared and proceeded to entertain for a little while.....then they stood for ages and had their pictures taken with anyone who wanted to......they were very good actually.........and all of a sudden it felt very, very Christmassy again........I`m a real sucker for anything that brings a tear to my eye and most things Christmassy will do that........this was just nice. But, again, so weird.......it was so hot, I had sunscreen on but here I was looking at a giant Christmas tree and listening to Christmas music and waiting to see Father Christmas........it was the most surreal feeling ever...........

i-6N4vQwX-XL.jpg

Tom and Kyle came back and we all sat down, then Kyle went to do RRR once more today......Tom said he would give it a miss. ........so we sat, passed the time people watching and waited for him.......he came back with a big grin on his face........he had the whole carriage to himself on RRR.......don`t think we had ever managed that before!!! A definite first.......he must have been in a strange little bubble of no people, as when he got off there was quite a line waiting to get on........but he was pleased he had managed to do that.........
So at this point I started to look out for Todd.......I had told him we would be somewhere between the Macy Building and Fallon.....and just as I stood up I saw him walk towards the tree.......Todd is very tall for those that don't know him.......so you can`t miss him......
We had a good old hug and of course Todd hadn't seen Kyle for 3 years so it was nice for them to catch up a bit too........we had a good old chat and had a catch up before the parade began, we had plenty of time really and managed to chat for quite a while.........but all of a sudden the parade was starting to come around from behind us........so we moved over to the edge of the area they had taped off to the right of the tree and you weren't to stand in front of the line which was fair enough, we had loads of room........this was where it got a bit weird for a bit........
A girl of maybe aged 30 or so, sat down in front of me......right in front of me.......she had bashed me with her backpack and hadn't apologized, so I ignored it.......she did it again, so I said to her, can you stop bashing me with your backpack.........she didn't say anything, so I moved to the side of her and stood up on the step a little as I didn't like to be standing right behind and above her.........when I moved the couple beside me to my right said they had moved as she had bashed them too.......weird. Anyway the parade was just about to begin when she yelled up at me......God, how close are you people going to get to me......I was stunned........I told her no one was near her and she needed to calm down.......she got up and stood to the back of us at this point and yelled out that those people were touching her.......Tom walked slightly towards her and told her no one had touched her and walked back to us........the other couple said they thought maybe she had a few issues......she seemed to be on her own, I had thought she was with another family but they stood well back too.......anyway at that point we began to enjoy the parade.........and it was magical.......the incident was put right out of our minds........

i-7FhrPMv-XL.jpg

i-t58mKfK-XL.jpg

i-Q5BFSHw-XL.jpg

i-Wxcd5gV-XL.jpg

i-pgVTdvR-XL.jpg

i-XxfMxRD-XL.jpg

i-7J2SBPm-XL.jpg

i-sBZSZ85-XL.jpg

i-hbq2Vrk-XL.jpg

i-z7H6M69-XL.jpg

i-HH6LH9g-XL.jpg

i-MTn6fmR-XL.jpg

i-GxwtbDS-XL.jpg

i-d2Nt9Fq-XL.jpg

i-fNQZ84Z-XL.jpg

i-sv9Vm2s-XL.jpg

i-gBGR5qJ-XL.jpg

i-qkkdKqv-XL.jpg

i-TGZ3xhF-XL.jpg

i-6LwPbTq-XL.jpg

i-x4BN8DW-XL.jpg

i-F2XLhJ4-XL.jpg

i-XVDtzqw-XL.jpg

Now it looked like the big guy himself was on his way...........

i-dKD5fmj-XL.jpg

i-tn43vqN-XL.jpg

i-hwjQRqd-XL.jpg

i-fMQtQGT-XL.jpg

And of course as Father Christmas appeared........

i-nps2768-XL.jpg

And, as if my magic, it started snowing..........and I started crying........it was really overwhelming all of a sudden, and as I said, I`m a real sucker for Christmas......schmaltzy or otherwise.........but it was just beautiful.........I had no idea it was going to "snow"

i-mc43vrP-XL.jpg

And with a flick as if by magic........Father Christmas lit the tree..........although it was still light, it was still lovely.......and everyone around us looked so happy and excited..........I thought I was going to burst with happiness at this moment........
This spot, for us, was absolutely perfect.......we got a fabulous view of Father Christmas stopping and putting the tree lights on......

i-ChBKhPh-XL.jpg

i-t3gkH8W-XL.jpg

i-QRmmQgc-XL.jpg

We had loved every second of it.........it was so well done and the balloons were fun!!!! And of course Father Christmas was wonderful.......I didn't know it was going to "snow".....Kyle of course as soon as it started knew I`d be blubbing.........he knows his mother so well.
We regrouped with each other and realized we hadn't taken our traditional picture with Todd........but didn't get one with all 4 of us together.........

i-346Sss9-XL.jpg

We then decided we would go get something to eat..........

cont

Finished your trip report from September and now enjoying your trip report from December. Beautiful pictures as always Carole. It always warms the heart to see a family so happy to be together vacationing.

The Christmas decorations are beautiful and the pictures of the light show in Hogsmeade are awesome.

Love the monster pics in Monster Cafe. I have never eaten there, but have wondered around and taken pics when it was empty. Nice ambiance from a Horror fans perspective. Just wish the food was more appealing. Did enjoy the photo op in the electric chair with Mac and ch27 and her son at HHN.

Looking forward to more of your trip report :sunny:

:welcome: along to the lovely Robo.........

So nice to have you read along with us........

Thank you so much........it was a very heartwarming trip having Kyle with us, you know yourself how important they are.......and even as adults we just want to spend as much time as we can with them.......and in such a fun place too!!!!!

Monsters Café isn't great for food at all........but as you say the picture ops are fabulous......they could do so much with this place........especially the food!!! Yes, I remember the electric chair pics........lol.........

Glad you`re enjoying it.........:wave2:

Wow, I can’t believe people were annoyed with a 10 minute wait at Mythos. I’m actually surprised the wait was that short. When I was there it was a 40 minute wait.

DW and I rode Fallon for the the first time this trip an absolutely loved it!

We did it multiple times over the 10 days we were there. We liked every aspect of it. We don't watch the Tonight Show regularly, but we do find Fallon entertaining.

Different tastes I guess. DW actually likes Fallon better than Gringgots. Not FJ though, she loves that ride.

Wow, I can’t believe people were annoyed with a 10 minute wait at Mythos. I’m actually surprised the wait was that short. When I was there it was a 40 minute wait.

I guess these are the people that come on and complain they can’t get a table without a wait........

We’ve never waited that long for a table, and we always eat at peak times.......always been lucky that way.

DW and I rode Fallon for the the first time this trip an absolutely loved it!

We did it multiple times over the 10 days we were there. We liked every aspect of it. We don't watch the Tonight Show regularly, but we do find Fallon entertaining.

Different tastes I guess. DW actually likes Fallon better than Gringgots. Not FJ though, she loves that ride.

Lol.......I’m so glad you liked it........oh absolutely, wouldn’t do if we all liked the same things! Life would be so dull.........::yes::

But, not my thing......but I guess if you like Fallon it’s easier to enjoy......I just can’t take to the guy at all.........I did like the Panda and the building........:D

Enjoying your report, how nice to spend time at US/IOA with your son this time. The night show on the castle looked awesome.

Your son sure loves chocolate cake, lol!

Almost missed your post!

Thank you so much......I’m glad you liked them.......there really are some wonderful pictures of the display out there.......I really don’t think mine do it justice, but it gives and idea.......

We were just having the best time......it was a real bonus and joy to have Kyle with us......and yep, he adores Chocolate cake.......anything chocolate actually........::yes::

The parade pictures are lovely, thanks for posting. We have never been able to see the parade with our timing at US.

You all were able to do many things in the a.m.

We are going in February so your report is making me excited!

My mom’s name is Carole with an E as well!

The parade pictures are lovely, thanks for posting. We have never been able to see the parade with our timing at US.

You all were able to do many things in the a.m.

We are going in February so your report is making me excited!

My mom’s name is Carole with an E as well!

Thanks so much :hug:.........we did try and fit as much in as we could with only a few days........and we did love the parade.....and we all preferred it to the castle light show.....not that it wasn't excellent, just would choose the parade over it if we could only see one.

Wow.......February is just around the corner!!!! You must be so excited now.....I always think once Christmas is over we can start to look forward to what`s planned for the year........

I like it with the E on the end!!! Not as popular I believe.....but I prefer it........:wave2:

So we decided after the parade we would go get something to eat.........and as we all loved Louie`s we headed through the minimal crowds which didn't seem so minimal right now........was everyone heading the same way?

We got to Louie`s and it looked quiet.......very quiet........and indeed it was closed! In my best Minion voice.......Whaaaaaaat!!!!!! How can it be closed already......short of me banging on the window and demanding pizza we opted, as if we had a choice, to go somewhere else......so we headed towards the exit and would decide when we go to wherever we wanted to eat........to be honest, we were all easy....we could eat anywhere it was just nice to be able to sit and have a chat.....

We wandered back past the Christmas tree and spotted the pretty stage being set up for Manheim Steamroller this coming weekend........

i-tDB6Zz9-XL.jpg

We all at the same time I think saw that the Boulangerie was still open and still serving.......this was easy....it was somewhere we all liked, and as we didn't want to eat too much as we were going to Strong Water later.....it was perfect..........

We got in line, well there was no line at this point, and now to choose.......Kyle was easy, he chose a coffee flavoured chocolate cake.......he doesn't drink coffee but had enjoyed a cake like it before and liked it, so he chose that.......Tom and I decided to share roast beef sandwich, he chose a caramel cheesecake thing and I had a coconut cake......Todd went for the roast beef sandwich too and a strawberry cheesecake.......it all looked so nice.......

i-kddbdhV-XL.jpg

i-hCG8M6V-XL.jpg

i-MT3LBfT-XL.jpg

i-z9PrRdW-XL.jpg

Ok, I like things spicy......very spicy......Tom does too.....and I spotted the Tabasco sauce........so, I sprinkled (drowned) the sandwich that Tom and I were sharing with the tabasco.......got a knife and cut it in half.........Tom had gone to get napkins or something........when he came back, I was chatting........and forgot to mention to Tom I had put the Tabasco on it.........he soon realized though..................when he took the first bite!!!!

Sadly, I never took a picture of what Todd described perfectly as Tom`s head almost exploding........lol........all while trying to ask if I`d put Tabasco on it.....er maybe.........ooops!!!! I have to say it was quite funny.......as I chomped into my half of the very, very spicy sandwich........

Eventually he managed to cool down enough to scrape some of it off and enjoy the rest. It was lovely, and the cakes and cheesecakes were all lovely......quite a light dinner, but it was nice. And it was always nice catching up with Todd...........Kyle at this point decided he would like another piece of the chocolate cake......I was quite surprised, but this was dinner I suppose......So he got it and said it was lovely!!!

We sat a while longer then began to head out of the park.......it was so pretty with the lights on.........

i-t63Jh6T-XL.jpg

i-32zBwNd-XL.jpg

We wandered down towards where the boats are and we said our goodbyes once again.......at least we knew it wouldn't be a year like it usually is between trips this time.........so Todd set off and we got on the boat to Sapphire Falls......which was almost full tonight........

It`s a lovely ride to the hotels, and Sapphire Falls has a gorgeous boat entrance....you do go under a floodlit bridge and its just beautiful.........the hotel looks stunning all lit up at night.......(maybe not the best picture)

i-j2sBQJg-XL.jpg

We had a little wander around and showed Kyle some of the areas he hadn't seen, the area of the staircase, and a few other places.......then we headed up to Strong Water itself.........we genuinely like it in here......some of the staff know us and it is a friendly place.........

There was a Christmas tree in the corner of the bar and I wanted a picture of the fire pit........

i-DnFxs8K-XL.jpg

i-jGsv88N-XL.jpg

We sat overlooking the outside decking area of the bar.......it was busy out there, so we sat inside and ordered a French berry daiquiri for me and a coconut rum for Tom........we also got a bowl of the spicy snack stuff..........Kyle decided at this point as we were in no rush to go anywhere he would walk back to RP and get an ipad to pass the time in the bar.......he had made the walk once with us but we knew he`d would find his way there and back.......I told him if he wasn't back in 30 minutes we`d assume he got lost.........lol.........but he made it back and we ordered him his usual.......

i-w8tBP65-XL.jpg

i-CGXFLWJ-XL.jpg

i-XBqR6qV-XL.jpg

Our waiter asked if we were having food, so we said yes, but not yet.......so he told us to give him a shout when we were ready for another drink or food......so we sat back and watched the evening pass. We chatted and laughed as usual.......it was just a lovely evening after such a lovely day.......I wasn't getting too sad it was approaching the final few days, as this was really a bonus trip for us, so we were just going to enjoy every second.

Eventually though....our half a roast beef sandwich wasn't keeping the hunger away, so we ordered between us a crab salad, Caribbean ceviche and a chocolate cake for Kyle, it was the same one he had the other night we were in here.......but, where he was putting it all I have no clue........ he had eaten 2 pieces in the boulangerie........but, even if he only ate half it didn't matter, long as he enjoys what he has........we ordered another drink each too, the daiquiris are lovely in here.......all the juices are freshly squeezed and you can taste the difference........

i-Ftn9msJ-XL.jpg

i-M6XTkz4-XL.jpg

i-4qc3X98-XL.jpg

The ceviche is one of the nicest dishes I`ve eaten.........so fresh and full of flavor........the crab salad was lovely also, but we both preferred the ceviche......and Kyle? He managed exactly 3/4 of the cake before admitting defeat to the rest of it.......Tom didn't have room at this point to even eat what he had left......as he has been known to do in the past with chocolate cake......very rare though as Kyle usually clears the plate!!! But, he had been well and truly filled up with the cakes earlier........I was just glad he had enjoyed it anyway.......

It was later we went outside to have a look around.......it`s so pretty........and it was slightly cooler now......again, not cold, but a definite drop from what we`re used to even at this time of night........

i-tnQv33M-XL.jpg

We then began to walk back to the hotel, but couldn't resist another pic of the gorgeous tree......

i-tBfDR4v-XL.jpg

We didn't take any more tonight.......it didn't take us long to walk back and Kyle went straight to the room, but we couldn`t resist another tree picture...... this one was by the RP pool........it had closed, but only just so we managed to get a picture taken by a lovely young lady who took pity on us......

i-wPGwTgr-XL.jpg

We headed up to our room and we mused on what we should do tomorrow.......we thought we may have some time shopping, Kyle had thought he may buy himself a new watch......watches were his thing. He has quite a collection. So that was decided......of course Kyle had an ulterior motive for wanting to go again to the Mall at Millenia........yep, Cheesecake Factory..........I guess we knew what he was having for lunch........

For now, bed.........

THURSDAY DECEMBER 7TH...........

We all had a brilliant sleep last night, I don't think any one of us moved all night........but we slept till around 8am which was late for us........we didn't usually sleep as late as that........but, today we planned a lazy mall day and some shopping.

We took our time this morning and had a leisurely breakfast.........we also handed in a load of British chocolate and treats to the staff in the lounge as a little extra thank you for taking such good care of us......they went down well!!!!

After breakfast we did the same for the lovely front desk staff........they are always so lovely. It really is a hotel with the most fabulous people who work there.

But, we went and got in the car for the first time in a few days.......very unusual for us not to go somewhere at some point every day.......

The drive to the Mall takes only a few minutes.......and again, it`s fairly busy today.....we do love this mall a lot.......and it was strange not visiting Tiffany this time.......this visit was mainly for Kyle.......

We had a walk around the mall first before we started looking for the watch, although I think he knew the one he was going for.........

i-t5LDQrg-XL.jpg

We had a walk around Williams and Sonoma and I had to restrain myself from spending a load of money on stuff that would be too heavy to take back, or delicate glasses that wouldn't stand a chance!!! So many lovely things.......Pottery Barn, Bloomingdales were all full of items waiting to be purchased, but I was good.........

i-wqh92Cm-XL.jpg

i-FCTHGH4-XL.jpg

i-mPxbsjT-XL.jpg

We had a mooch around Macy`s, mainly for me......but apart from a mascara from Clinique and few Christmas decorations from the 3rd floor which were small enough I didn't have to worry about them making it home, we didn't buy anything else........so now it was time for the watch.

Kyle had been looking at a couple, but the one he really liked and wanted to see on was a Tag Heuer. He had seen it online and was sure it was the one. This was his treat to himself.........as I said, he collects watches and has some lovely ones.......he had brought two plain ones with him this trip as he calls them his park watches......doesn't matter too much if they get scratched or bashed.........I always tease him they`re awful looking.......he doesn't mind......

We first went in to the Breitling store as there was one he wanted to check out there too........it was lovely, but it just wasn't what he was looking for......

So, over to the Tag shop........we had actually gone in twice, but they were busy so we came back a third time and the manager said he would make sure we were seen this time.......and after a few minutes one of the sales staff were free. So he told them the watch he was looking at, and of course they have the display model, so he asked if they had another that hadn't been on display and there was one underneath that hadn't been touched.........so if he did go ahead and buy it, he wouldn't be getting the display model.

He tried it on and decided straight away he would buy it, he does like our opinion still, which is nice, but we told him it was his money and as long as he was happy.......but, it was lovely......I said I thought he should buy it......so he did........

i-vdS8gvn-XL.jpg

The sales guy asked him his age and he said 23, so he could get some of the free gifts they give out......unfortunately of course Kyle doesn't drink, but all the same, one of the gifts was a large bottle of a very nice Hennessy cognac, they were associated with Tag and partner companies and a few other little goodies.......fortunately Tom loves a good cognac, so Kyle said it was a gift from him......one less Xmas present to buy.....lol.......so, one very happy young man walked out of the shop with his new purchase........and his first thought........lunch!!!!

The Cheesecake Factory is just around the corner from the Tag shop........so it took 10 seconds to walk there........

We got seated immediately and we ordered strawberry lemonade for me, a strawberry and mango smoothy for Tom and a strawberry one for Kyle.......they were all gorgeous........

i-Zw35Ggd-XL.jpg

i-z4MqZ56-XL.jpg

Kyle ordered his chocolate fudge cake, we opted to share the lunch pepperoni pizza with added jalapenos and salad and also ordered a dish of Dynamite Shrimp as we had never tried it.......

Meanwhile we talked of Kyle`s purchase..........I think was going to be his pride and joy

i-VHrhNpp-XL.jpg

Tom of course was teasing him that his watch was better.......Tom had his Bulova watch on, so they had a watch off.......Tom loves a good watch too of course.......he had seen this watch in September and had thought about buying it for himself.......now he was glad he hadn't.......

i-qS4nfh2-XL.jpg

But, once the food came watches were forgotten about.........it was all delicious........except for Kyle photobombing with his watch........lol

i-N4ZmPNV-XL.jpg

i-bBmDhzz-XL.jpg

i-hVsN3ZZ-XL.jpg

The girl who was looking after us offered to take our picture as she saw us taking numerous ones of each other........we were only waiting for Kyle`s chocolate cake at this point.........

i-Cv2zqrc-XL.jpg

Have to say the Dynamite Shrimp was more a of damp squib than dynamite........the dip was a little spicy, but the shrimp was just ok.....but the pizza and salad were lovely......and of course Kyle loved his fudge cake.........that boy loves this cake.......

But we had enjoyed our lunch here today......so as we were done with the mall for today we headed back to the hotel, where after we admired his watch again we put it in the safe behind the front desk........where it would stay I think till we left.

Did give him a dilemma though.........chocolate cake or watches.........lol.......the look of confusion on his face was funny......never did get an answer.....

i-rQ8HrFT-XL.jpg

After depositing the watch we decided we would go back to the Studios this afternoon......it was only around 1.30 so off we went.......and as a unique request from both my husband and my son........we left the camera behind!!!!! I felt like I had lost my right hand!!!

But we had a ball........we did Minions then RRR twice, went on to do Mummy but we only did that twice as the EP line was 15 minutes at this point......we had seen the regular line at the door when we went in, we hadn't seen that for years......maybe the time we went in July??? I dread to think what the regular line was but we never looked........so, two rides today was plenty......we asked for the front both times, so had to wait a few moments longer for that, but it`s worth it......but we hate queuing so we didn't ride any more.

We went around to Potter and did Gringotts once.......then came back out and they did TF while I waited outside in the sunshine........and I have to say I did quite enjoy not having the camera today........I stood outside TF just looking over the lagoon and thanked my lucky stars I was in such a wonderful place today.......it was peaceful and tranquil and I was very content. Of course when they came out I was trying to not let them see the little tears of happiness......lol...they know me so well.........

We walked back out of the park now and Kyle decide he was going to walk over to IOA to do a few rides in there.......so we walked past Toothsome with him and walked into the shop part to let him see it......he was impressed by the chocolate of course, but not somewhere he`d be in a rush to choose to eat. We came back out and told him we`d see him when he came back, we`d be in the lounge........surprise surprise!!

I have to say the park was busier than we had seen it in a long time and I couldn't imagine being here when it was at capacity........not our thing at all.

We got the ipads from our room and went up to the Club Lounge........it wasn't overly busy tonight so we got our usual table and sat back with a glass of wine and chatted away to each other and of course the staff.......it was so lovely........we did try the food tonight, .....it was a beef dish and a potato salad.....have to say the beef wasn't for me but the potato salad was lovely, we really only had a little though as we were eating in Jake`s later.

We spoke to the Australian family again tonight for the whole time we were in.......it was lovely and we had such a laugh.......we asked Colby again for a lock in.......lol......but like in September he rather unsurprisingly had to refuse......poor guy......Kyle appeared around 6.30ish where he said he`d enjoyed the Hulk a few times and Dr Doom.......he had also gone down to get his watch so he could wear it again tonight....lol....he was impressed with it..........

Eventually though we headed down to Jakes for dinner........it was well after 8pm by now, as the desserts were just going out in the lounge.......we had been given some to take away with us......it was a shame as we ended up not liking it as it was chocolate peanut butter cheesecake or cake.......but not to our liking.......it was a kind gesture though.........

So into Jake`s where we got seated immediately........it wasn't too busy.....we really like it in there.....always get exceptional service and food is good.......

The manager Elijah came over immediately as he remembered us from our previous visit.......such a wonderful guy with a giant personality......perfect for the career he had chosen......he chatted amiably for a while and was asking about our trips and how often we came to RP.......genuinely nice man.

We ordered Kyle`s usual cocktail and we opted to share the giant bowl with a cocktail that I can`t remember the name of again.......it was lovely......but we had to get it changed as he had set fire to the straws by the time it arrived at the table......the flames were bigger than planned.......so they brought another a few minutes later......less flame this time.......and of course Kyle photobombing again.......it was lovely though.......

i-ND7hH3M-XL.jpg

i-dBd945H-XL.jpg

Kyle ordered a cheese pizza as was his regular meal in here........we opted to share the prosciutto pesto flatbread.......

i-KCzR7qd-XL.jpg

i-6PbpH65-XL.jpg

First time we had tried the flatbread and it was gorgeous........you could really taste the peach puree on it.......I would get this again......and of course Kyle loved his pizza........he didn't finish it tonight and our waiter appeared with a box, but we never eat cold pizza or reheated ones, so we thanked him but said we were done.........Kyle of course had left room for dessert........we told our waiter we had no room for any.......

i-JVqKKzc-XL.jpg

He enjoyed it immensely........I wish I`d taken a count of how many he`d had at this point!!

As we were paying the check our waiter appeared and said Elijah had sent over 2 desserts for us to take with us free of charge........what a lovely gesture!!! We did manage to thank him before we left.....he said no problem he was glad to do it........

i-TsXdpRH-XL.jpg

Kyle popped it up in our room while we went to Orchids lounge for a cocktail........it was also quiet and a really nice place to sit on an evening......I ordered a blackberry cocktail without mint and Tom ordered a Joanna`s affliction that was from Jake`s......but they did make it up her for you too.......Kyle came back down with an envelope with our name on it......it was from one of the Club staff......just saying she wouldn't see us before we left now and was sorry she had missed us and didn't get to say goodbye till next time.......just a nice little letter......how lovely!

So, we sat here a little while longer and eventually we all felt tired.......around 11pm we went up to bed.......all a little bit sad as tomorrow was our last full day and we panned to spend most of it in the parks.

Love Kyle's watch...very nice. I laugh when I think about Tom's reaction to the sandwich and I think you should have decked that snoody women at the parade. I would have held her down! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter