7 Month BCV in Jan or Feb - 2BD

nmlagrange

Earning My Ears
Hello!

What is the usual availability for a 2 bedroom at Beach Club Villas in January or February at 7 months?

I am not a DVC member yet and I am really stuck deciding where I want to buy. We will always do a split stay, with 3-4 days at two different resorts (for total trip lengths of 7-8 days). I would really like to be at Beach Club because of the Epcot proximity and the pool, but I am having a hard time rationalizing buying a contract that ends in 2042 with the price that BCV has. I would like my money to go towards either a cheaper 2042 resort or one with a longer contract so we can get more out of it. BUT, I want to stay at BCV, so I am torn.
We will always use a 2BD and we will almost always travel in January or February. What are the chances of getting that room without owning there?

Another concern I have: We've never stayed there, but I have read reviews that say the rooms are old and worn down feeling. I think this resort had a refurb a few years ago, so if people say it still feels well worn, it's hard to justify buying a contract to be in old feeling rooms. Since there was a relatively recent refurb, I doubt they would do another one before the end of the contract, so I'm thinking the rooms will be as they are till the end...? How fresh or old are these rooms? And how comfortable are the mattresses?

Thank you for your responses!

It honestly depends on when in January and February. Holiday weekends and runDisney weekends are very challenging at 7 months at BCV.

We've never stayed there, but I have read reviews that say the rooms are old and worn down feeling.

Every resort will feel run down at some point in time. I tell people not to buy a specific DVC because they "love the decor!" or because they got swoony on it when it was fresh out of the box (ie, RIV today). It will be refurbished, it will be dumbed down at some points, it will be neglected for years at some point (cough cough VWL cough), and it will run at 95% occupancy day after day after day, dinging furniture and scratching paint, for the life of contract.

Since there was a relatively recent refurb, I doubt they would do another one before the end of the contract, so I'm thinking the rooms will be as they are till the end

Softgoods is allegedly every 7 years. Schedules do vary. But there will definitely be additional refurb in the next 20 years. At the 2020 Condo Association Meeting, BCV was stated to be in line for a refresh in 2022.

Bummer to read this. I knew BCV was tough @ 7month booking window.. But part of me was hoping it isn't THAT bad. Fingers crossed for OP and me!

Thanks so much for the screenshot! That is really helpful!

Also, thanks for explaining the soft goods refurb. That does help put my mind at ease.

I know I should just follow the advice: Buy where you want to stay...

in January and February it is often quite chilly in WDW! I personally save our BCV points to use in warmer weather.

We just booked BCV at 7 months for Feb 2022 last week. PP has a point, outdoor lounging weather is not guaranteed at that time of year - we've been that time of year and it's been 85 and other times it's been 50. Thankfully, one thing is for sure and that is that it won't be snowing like back home in Boston. :)

We aren't bound by school vacation/holidays and that's helpful when booking any non-home resort 7 months out!

Yes, weather is another concern. We are from Wisconsin, so even a chilly day in Florida might have us in the pool, but its hard to hinge the decision upon the pool, knowing we may not be able to enjoy it some trips. But the other resort pools just seem so boring compared to SAB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter