7 Dwarfs Mine Train at Rope Drop?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Our FP+ window opens this Sun and it won't be possible to hit MDE at midnight. I'm not too worried about getting good times with the exception of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Is it reasonable for us too ride without too much of a wait at RD?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

You might be able to score a FP even if not logging in right at midnight (A&E no way, but 7DMT maybe).

If not, RD might not be too bad. If you can get there reasonably fast (not running but also not dawdling) then you might have a wait less than 30 minutes.

At rope drop you will have to follow a CM, so no running. Go arould the castle to the right not through the castle. You might get some rude folks trying to push towards the front so be prepared to stand your ground.

At rope drop you will have to follow a CM, so no running. Go arould the castle to the right not through the castle. You might get some rude folks trying to push towards the front so be prepared to stand your ground.

Going to the right of the castle, you mean in the direction of the Mad Tea Cups ride?

We tried to ride it at rope drop twice this week and it was down both mornings. We did wait in line the second day and it opened up pretty quickly - I think we were done with the ride 30 minutes after rope drop. They won't tell you at the front of the castle that it is down though so you go all the way back there and then you get in line and they announce that the ride is down and they don't know when it will be working again. They even asked us if we were planning on going back to 7DMT that morning. It totally messed up my touring plans since we had to go there both days instead of getting it done the first day as planned.

Our 60 day window opened a couple of weeks ago. I logged on about 7am. 7dmt was no problem. A&E was actually still there for our second MK day (didn't get this as our son has no interest). You should be fine.

Going to the right of the castle, you mean in the direction of the Mad Tea Cups ride?

Yes. The right just past the bridge to tomorrow land.

60 days out is not peak season so there probably is no reason to worry. Try to be there in the front of th pack.

If you are a R&C fan you might enjoy the EPCOT after hours there: It was lovely!

I lined up right at the Rope at the right Tunnel.

Magic Kingdom Welcome was at 8:40.

I was right behind the CMs all the way to SDMT and stepped off the Mine Train at 9:06!

So,yes it is possible with proper planning and determination to ride SDMT QUICKLY at RD.

I will say the "walk" to SDMT at RD is "interesting"-a fight almost broke out between 2 families the Morning I did it.:)

Isn't it sad that people who are supposed to be on vacation and enjoying themselves would get into a fight over a 1 or 2 minute wait on a ride?

We went yesterday & rode the mine train for the first time. We were in line by 9 & were done by 9:45. The line was all the way back to storybook circus.

Unless you get there well before rope drop and are at the front of the crowd don't count on a short wait. We tried this in July and were at the park before rope drop but there was a huge crowd that got there way before us and by the time we got the the mine train there was a 60 minute wait. We went ahead and waited but then the ride was down and the 60 minute wait turned into about 120 minutes.

Whether it's getting to the parks super early to be toward the front or just waiting in line for the ride, either way you are still waiting.

Whether it's getting to the parks super early to be toward the front or just waiting in line for the ride, either way you are still waiting.

The difference is when arriving early for Rope Drop Guests are not wasting "Park Time" standing in line for SDMT.:)

We were there last week and tried to ride this at RD, by the time we got to the ride the line was backed up to the circus tent and then the ride was not working and there was not time frame so we bagged it and rode everything else in Fantasy land, 2 days later we were at MK again at RD this time we went right to Big Thunder, by the time we got there the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train was down with no time frame.

We did FP this ride 2 times and I really don't think its worth the 75 minute wait it was posting the 3 days we were at MK.

The difference is when arriving early for Rope Drop Guests are not wasting "Park Time" standing in line for SDMT.:)

What I'm trying to say is that in order to benefit from rope drop you need to be there way before so that involves waiting. So again, waiting for rope drop and waiting in line is still waiting.

What I'm trying to say is that in order to benefit from rope drop you need to be there way before so that involves waiting. So again, waiting for rope drop and waiting in line is still waiting.

Yes, but you are giving up sleep time rather than Park time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter