• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

7 Dwarfs Mine Train at Rope Drop?

Yes, but you are giving up sleep time rather than Park time. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I would rather invest "Personal time" than precious "Park Time".:)

Also,I find it a lot more "exciting" waitng with anticipation for Magic Kingdom Welcome than standing in a slow-moving line down around Dumbo!lol:)

Ok first of all is any one else concerned that a brand new ride is down sooooooo much? Second I would like to ride it at night and already have a FP+ for it in the afternoon. One of my MK days the park has magic hours and is open until Midnight. What do you think the wait time would be like at night? should I do it during the Magic Hours?

One of my MK days the park has magic hours and is open until Midnight. What do you think the wait time would be like at night?
With a 1:00 AM Park Closing,I got in line at 12:59 AM and had a 20 minute wait,so I would get in line just before Midnight for the shortest wait.:)

Also,by doing that,you will be standing in line during "Bonus Park Time".:)

If one enters from the right, going past the Tea Cups, and the line is past the Circus Tent or whatever, how does one tell that this is the line to get into? I'd hate to get into the line, waste my time and find out I've lined up for the wrong thing.

I was in Orlando all Summer. I was able to get a FP+ for the mine train several times the night before, and that was peak season. You should be fine.

I lined up right at the Rope at the right Tunnel.

Magic Kingdom Welcome was at 8:40.

I was right behind the CMs all the way to SDMT and stepped off the Mine Train at 9:06!

So,yes it is possible with proper planning and determination to ride SDMT QUICKLY at RD.

I will say the "walk" to SDMT at RD is "interesting"-a fight almost broke out between 2 families the Morning I did it.:)

What time did you get there, how many in your party and were there small children?

Does any one know if it open during Early Magic Hours? My plan was to head straight for it. But if there is a lot of down time, it might be better to FP it for later.

Thanks,
Beth

Does any one know if it open during Early Magic Hours? My plan was to head straight for it. But if there is a lot of down time, it might be better to FP it for later.

Thanks,
Beth

It is open during early magic hours. I'm going early too, so I hope it's not down but I also got a FP for it.

If you don't have a FP+ for SDMT, then don't ride it.

I was there last month. Was at RD, but at the back. Got through the tunnel at 9. Walked fast and got to the ride at 9:05. Posted 75 minute wait, ended up being 45 minutes.

It really isn't that good of an attraction. It is short and not very thrilling. If you have to wait more than 15 minutes, it isn't worth it.

So how to get in SB line when the wait is less than 15 minutes?
- Be at the front of the RD, which means getting to the park an hour early. Doesn't make sense.
- Make a breakfast reservation before park opening and rush through your meal. Doesn't make sense.
- Be there at RD, but not at the front. Then run to the ride and lose all self-respect.

If you don't have a FP+ for SDMT, then don't ride it.

I was there last month. Was at RD, but at the back. Got through the tunnel at 9. Walked fast and got to the ride at 9:05. Posted 75 minute wait, ended up being 45 minutes.

It really isn't that good of an attraction. It is short and not very thrilling. If you have to wait more than 15 minutes, it isn't worth it.

So how to get in SB line when the wait is less than 15 minutes?
- Be at the front of the RD, which means getting to the park an hour early. Doesn't make sense.
- Make a breakfast reservation before park opening and rush through your meal. Doesn't make sense.
- Be there at RD, but not at the front. Then run to the ride and lose all self-respect.

Made me laugh, good thing my window hasn't opened yet.

Our FP+ window opens this Sun and it won't be possible to hit MDE at midnight. I'm not too worried about getting good times with the exception of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Is it reasonable for us too ride without too much of a wait at RD?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

We were there on Sat, aug 16th. Even after rope drop the lines were long.
We kept trying to get a FP, but it would say, 'stand-by only' all day.
The stand by lines had 95min wait times, so we opted to just wait
and ride it in Sept when we are back there.

We tried to get a FP+ for October, but it seems that they were out of them the day we signed in to get them (60 days out, everything available except this.) Seems like in October it should be possible to get them, but no dice for us. We planned on being there early anyway and hoping that in October the crowds won't be a large as those in the summer. If we make it, we make it. If not, I'll wait if I have to.

One evening in July I was at MK with friends. Sprinkling, time for the parade, fireworks, wait time said 75 minutes. We were on and off in 30.

Wait time are much more reasonable late at night. In early June, we were able to ride twice during the last half hour of operation at about 11:30 pm.

The posted wait time was 80 minutes, but the actual wait time was 20 for the first trip and 10 for the 2nd. Much more efficient approach than fighting through the early morning chaos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter