7/31/04 Rollcall

Well, not exactly. One week from today, I will be at a hotel at Newark Airport, waiting to take off the next day. TWO weeks from today, we will be at CC. :D

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought for a moment I made all the wrong reservations and missed the boat.:confused: A week from now I'll be sitting on an airplane somewhere over the US.

I think jlawall was going for the rhyme of "today" and "Castaway Cay":jester:

Hey! I erred! Ok, in one week we'll be in MGM and in two weeks we'll be in CC!!

Time to start packing....anyone start yet?

We are leaving bright and early Tuesday morning for 4 days in Orlando before the cruise. I know we are all meeting at 3pm at the Goofy Pool on Saturday, but have we decided on anyway to identify each other, such as the traditional lime green ribbon? Any other suggestions?

I can't remember too much about the layout at the goofy pool, but is there maybe a feature we could meet at, or at either side.

I guess I could find a ribbon, and talk my DW into wearing it.

How about if we just go to the Goofy pool at 3pm and go up to people and say, "Are you here for the DISmeet?"

I am sure you have all seen that the Magic has left the port. The next time it arrives, we will be the ones getting on it!

Officially time to pack!!!
The house is now clean and I can bring the suitcases into the house to pack. If packing goes as usual, I will be packing all of my worldly possesions (including the kitchen sink) into too many suitcases for 7-days at sea. This should make the baggage porters at the airport very happy.:mad:

I will be the one at the Goofy pool carying the double-basin kitchen sink - faucet attached.:cool1:

I am determined to bring less this time!!!!!

Every year we go on holiday we try and take less - never seems to work out though.

But we will try, try again.

So 3pm at the Goofy Pool, no ribbons, no pre-arranged meeting spot, just good old intuition. I'm sure that will work. Maybe!

Whooohoooo!!!! I started packing yesterday.... I have been purchasing all the "necessities" for about 6 months now.... I can't believe how much I have!!! Yesterday I was going through everything and packing it (might I add all these necessities ie duct tape, door shoe holders, baggies, night lights, bathroom air freshners, power strips... should I go on? have their own suitcase!) my husband came into the room and just cracked up! He said, "I can't believe you are taking all of that!" I reminded him when he needed something he would be very glad that I had all of these "necessities".

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Goofy Pool at 3pm. Does anyone know what movies will be playing?

Mandy:p

My DH thinks we are a bunch of nuts for spending all this time posting and reading messages with each other. But not Me!
I have learned so much from you that have been on these cruises before. Thanks Alot Gang! Look forward to meeting you all at the Goofy Pool NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!

Oh yeah, one more thing... What's the duct tape for? I have suitcase full of various strff too. Just wondered if I needed to add that to my stash.

Ming

Dear ming,

I am another husband! This one is gene2geno's husband. I am only writing this because my lovely wife is sleeping, otherwise she would kill me. You guys are disneynuts (in a kind way), my wife included. Tell your husbands hang in there. 3 pm on Saturday is almost over. I can't wait to see all you nuts on the cruise in 6 days and then say goodbye in 13 days when you are going home and we stay on for a second week. By the way this is all in jest (I am kidding about you are all nuts, not us staying a second week). Have a great week and see you in 6 days!!! Just another husband of a disneynut!!:earsboy: ::MickeyMo

Dear Gene2geno,

Are yall doing back to back cruises, or staying on at the parks?
I saw some posts where they had done back to backs. I hope we like it that much. We are Disney nuts, for sure! Lost count of our visits years ago, But we have never cruised before-and I mean ANY cruise. Someone told me that I am ruining myself for any other cruise line.:D

We did back to back cruises last year and my wife and son loved it. Being the incredible husband and father I am, they talked me into it again this year. Actually I am hen pecked and I had no say so. We have the choice of getting off the cruiseafter the 1st cruise is over and staying off until the new cruisers come on or staying on the ship until the new cruisers come aboard. We stay on while our lovely son sleeps until about noon, since he stays out until about 4 am the prior evening and we do a couple loads of laundery. One more thing we do is look through the 2 biggest suites on the ship. This was cool. I believe they are names Roy and Walt's suites. Pretty darn cool!!!

Wow I go to the beach for the morning and come back and find a ton of conversation on this board. This is great!

I'm getting really excited with 6 days to go. But I have to admit, there is only one other thing that I would rather be doing "as much" as a disney cruise. That would be hanging out around France watching Lance race through the country like a wildfire. :moped: I'm not just a Disney-nut, I'm a cycling fan. Rumor has it, after winning his sixth tour today he was asked what's next, he said, "I'm going on a Disney Cruise"!!! ya, I wish.

By the way, what do you use duct tape for? any creative responses? lets have fun with this one...

Possibilities include:
Fixing a leak in the boat
Babysitting aids
taping your plate down in case of rough seas:laughing:
any others?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter