• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7/16 Gringotts this morning

I've been watching EFG wait times the past week and the largest waits are during EE. They progressively reduce throughout the day (albeit small reductions).

EE is not a perk anymore.

I agree; do you think/know people at hotels are complaining and will they ever change it or alternate parks between deluxe 1 day diagon and next day hw and cb and partner hotels the other?

I agree; do you think/know people at hotels are complaining and will they ever change it or alternate parks between deluxe 1 day diagon and next day hw and cb and partner hotels the other?

i think people will be complaining loudly if they limit the deluxe guests to an alternative system for EE.

there are always long lines and waits when a new ride is first opened.
it dies down eventually.

If you are one of the first bunch of people to get to the park, your wait will be shorter. If you watch twitter, there are lots of reports of people who are through the ride in the first half an hour. You just have to get there early.... just like you did in the early days when Hogsmeade opened.

Who are you following on twitter or which #? :)

Been here since Tuesday,we tried entering early Tuesday without EE at 8 am ' but the EE people made the wait times 300+ mins in the morning. So we explored WWHP first ' crowds were very light on the other side .FJ was 30 'min wait.
Wednesday was also 300+ mins at Gringotts because of EE. It started to rain around 11am till 2:30 pm and many people left. We entered Gringotts around 3:15 pm with US posted wait time at 180 mins. We were able to get through the line and into the bank lobby in 90 mins.
The two days so far have shown decreased wait times in the afternoon hours,with 90-180 min wait times. I will be there again today this afternoon and give feedback on times again .

We have been here for 5 days now and have tried several different strategies to ride Gringott's. It has been easy to access Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express, but all our attempts to ride Gringott's were frustrated.

Yesterday we bit the bullet, got up at 5AM, and walked from Cabana Bay since the buses did not start till 6AM. We arrived at 5:45AM to find a short line. We were able to get in the first group that was allowed into Diagon Alley, but not without some hustle and a little running. When we arrived at Gringott's, the posted wait was 20 minutes, and we were able to ride without any delays. The ride is fantistic. Upon our exit the wait time was 240 minutes.

Another advantage to this strategy is that it allowed us to immediately leave Diagon Alley and be first in line to Despicable Me, Rip Ride Rocket, and Transformers before the lines became unbearable.

This plan is the only one to work for us. Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting this information. I will be monitoring the reports on the DIS about EE and Gringotts. We are currently planning on coming to Universal over Thanksgiving, but I am having second thoughts. The thing my family loved the most about Universal was the EE and EP perks of staying on site at a Deluxe. We pretty much never had to wait for anything. I hope the wait times during EE reduces by Thanksgiving and the bugs in Gringotts get worked out. I thought about giving Disney another try with the new wrist band system. My DS and DH are not happy with that plan!

Thanks for posting this information. I will be monitoring the reports on the DIS about EE and Gringotts. We are currently planning on coming to Universal over Thanksgiving, but I am having second thoughts. The thing my family loved the most about Universal was the EE and EP perks of staying on site at a Deluxe. We pretty much never had to wait for anything. I hope the wait times during EE reduces by Thanksgiving and the bugs in Gringotts get worked out. I thought about giving Disney another try with the new wrist band system. My DS and DH are not happy with that plan!

Remember that both parks have early admission.

some reports from this morning...

From Orlando United forums...
Left Cabana bay at 5:50 this morning. Arrived at Universal at around 6:10. I was in the line for Gringotts by 6:55. I was able to ride Gringotts 3 times in a row in the front (one of those was in single rider). As I was leaving the third time the wait time was posted at 120 mins at around 7:45. The early morning perk is definitely worth it.
Got two perfect rides in on Gringotts this morning - one in standby and the other in single riders.

We left the Portifino at 5:45a and there were about 25 people ahead of us at the turnstiles. At 6:20a they opened the gates and we ended up being about 125 people in front if us to enter Diagon Alley.
They were loading both sides this morning. After our first ride we got back into single riders and the queue was stopped on the spiral staircase. We were done by 7:25a and then had breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron.
Good luck riding. Have fun.

From Twitter
Jessi ‏@jessidee 2h
We've ridden Escape from Gringotts twice already, and the park isn't even open yet!

some reports from this morning...

From Orlando United forums...
Left Cabana bay at 5:50 this morning. Arrived at Universal at around 6:10. I was in the line for Gringotts by 6:55. I was able to ride Gringotts 3 times in a row in the front (one of those was in single rider). As I was leaving the third time the wait time was posted at 120 mins at around 7:45. The early morning perk is definitely worth it.
Got two perfect rides in on Gringotts this morning - one in standby and the other in single riders.

We left the Portifino at 5:45a and there were about 25 people ahead of us at the turnstiles. At 6:20a they opened the gates and we ended up being about 125 people in front if us to enter Diagon Alley.
They were loading both sides this morning. After our first ride we got back into single riders and the queue was stopped on the spiral staircase. We were done by 7:25a and then had breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron.
Good luck riding. Have fun.

From Twitter
Jessi ‏@jessidee 2h
We've ridden Escape from Gringotts twice already, and the park isn't even open yet!

sounds like progress! perhapes all those early nights of closing gringotts might be paying off

We were thinking of coming to Universal after our cruise in mid August but are unsure if it's worth it. We wont be back to FL for 2 more years after- but maybe just wait?????

We were thinking of coming to Universal after our cruise in mid August but are unsure if it's worth it. We wont be back to FL for 2 more years after- but maybe just wait?????

What would make it worth it to you, or not worth it? I would go in a heartbeat. The whole place is worth it to me. But what is concerning you?

We were at the turnstiles at 6.15am this morning. Gates opened about 6.40am and Gringotts had 45 min wait posted when we arrived there but it was actually a walk on. We were out by 7.15am. Well worth getting up that little bit earlier.

We were at the turnstiles at 6.15am this morning. Gates opened about 6.40am and Gringotts had 45 min wait posted when we arrived there but it was actually a walk on. We were out by 7.15am. Well worth getting up that little bit earlier.

Good to hear :thumbsup2

We don't usually do early entry ever, but think this year we may have to consider it.

Good to hear :thumbsup2

We don't usually do early entry ever, but think this year we may have to consider it.
Yes, we are exactly the same. Can't believe we got up so early on vacation but it was worth it. We got the train straight over to Hogsmeade after riding Gringotts and I am posting this live (7.45am) from the FJ line, which is posted as 20 minutes. Apparently single rider is 5 mins.

Yes, we are exactly the same. Can't believe we got up so early on vacation but it was worth it. We got the train straight over to Hogsmeade after riding Gringotts and I am posting this live from the FJ line, which is posted as 20 minutes. Apparently single rider is 5 mins.

you getting up early this morning has really paid off.
short line wait!

So gates to the park opened @ 6:40am?
Is that the entrance by CityWalk or is there another entrance?
(ex: Epcot has a main entrance and a back entrance in France)

I'll be at Universal next week, and trying to plan our visit to minimize the line at Gringotts

So gates to the park opened @ 6:40am?
Is that the entrance by CityWalk or is there another entrance?
(ex: Epcot has a main entrance and a back entrance in France)

I'll be at Universal next week, and trying to plan our visit to minimize the line at Gringotts

That is the time for early admission. There is only one way to enter the park at that time.

That is the time for early admission. There is only one way to enter the park at that time.

Got it - we're staying at the royal pacific, but I thought the parks would open at 7am exactly for hotel guests. If it could open earlier...then I need to wake up earlier

Got it - we're staying at the royal pacific, but I thought the parks would open at 7am exactly for hotel guests. If it could open earlier...then I need to wake up earlier

Unfortunately, you'll have to wake up earlier. Early admission usually starts about 10-15 minutes before the stated time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter