7/16 Gringotts this morning

That's like saying, "I'm only going to punch you in the face once instead of twice, so that's a perk!" Those Universal on-site hotels are pretty damn expensive, when you compare them to numerous quality hotels in the area, many of which offer free shuttles to Universal. The advantages of staying on-site should be a real perk! But they sell this "advantage" to everyone and his cousin, so how is it still an advantage? I don't want to bash Universal, but they've been milking the early entry stuff ever since the first WWOHP opened. They continued to do so long after the wait times became reasonable (and you can breeze into FP through the single rider line). Not worth it, IMHO.

I have to agree with you on this one. They added all of the other hotels to EE which makes it somewhat useless. It is even worse at WDW as we started avoiding the EE parks many years ago.

As for EP access...it makes it totally worth staying on-site. Disney's new FP+ system is ridiculous...I'll take unlimited front of the line all day long...even if I don't get it for FJ and the Gringott's ride.

It may be different now, but when we got in the line it was not as long as the posted time. I would think the early evening would be about the same...less than the posted time. If I were at UO now I would get in the line around 6 PM or so and try it. At least DA is less crowded at that time and the hottest part of the day is long over. I would think you will have to wait a long time but hopefully not as long as the listed time. Good luck!

It may be different now, but when we got in the line it was not as long as the posted time. I would think the early evening would be about the same...less than the posted time. If I were at UO now I would get in the line around 6 PM or so and try it. At least DA is less crowded at that time and the hottest part of the day is long over. I would think you will have to wait a long time but hopefully not as long as the listed time. Good luck!

From what I have read, they are exaggerating the line time in case there are breakdowns. If you are lucky and there are no breakdowns the wait time will be a lot shorter than posted.

Went this am. Much more chaos than yesterday. Universal security dropped the ball today IMO. Will post more later.
Bottom line - was there at 5:25 am (yup I'm crazy)
First in line with my son.

Due to the rudeness of others ended up in 30th position. Uni staff kind of blew it too.

Let people via turnstiles in at 6
On ride at 7
Off ride 7:20

Wait time posted at 7:23 --- 180 mins

Crazy morning.

Can you tell me how they let you in so early? I mean, I thought early admission was 1 hour before regular opening (so 7am). Do they let you in the park at 6 but the attraction(s) don't actually operate until 7?

Also, me not being a resort guest (so no early admission), is it worth it to still get there crazy early to avoid a huge line? Or does the early admission crowd just rack up the wait to 100+minutes already? (which makes me wonder how faster the single rider line would move, which is where I'd go anyway).

Should I get there like the same time you did, or an hour later (to avoid a line outside the park).

Just wanna know what I'm getting into before venturing down there :D

And I love stories of people being obnoxious in line and it not working out in the end, haha

Can you tell me how they let you in so early? I mean, I thought early admission was 1 hour before regular opening (so 7am). Do they let you in the park at 6 but the attraction(s) don't actually operate until 7?

Also, me not being a resort guest (so no early admission), is it worth it to still get there crazy early to avoid a huge line? Or does the early admission crowd just rack up the wait to 100+minutes already? (which makes me wonder how faster the single rider line would move, which is where I'd go anyway).

Should I get there like the same time you did, or an hour later (to avoid a line outside the park).

Just wanna know what I'm getting into before venturing down there :D

And I love stories of people being obnoxious in line and it not working out in the end, haha

If you don't have early admission, I don't see the point in arriving early like we did.

For those with EE, basically you line up at either the turnstile queues, or Uni security will hold you at a checkpoint and then you will wait at the turnstile.

My experience: about 40 mins before official EE start they let people through the turnstiles. You walk down the Main Street. At about Minion Mayhem, they have another checkpoint, guests are quickly flashing their EE photo cards. Then you whined your way through the park, past Transformers and Mel's Drive In Diner and Springfield and Men in Black .... then you line up again just outside the new London entrance.

Depending on what's happening, sometime between 15min before or at the official EE time, the line is led through London and Diagon Alley and right into Gringotts.

Yes, my experience, by half hour after EE open the wait time jumps quickly to 180mins. It's all EE guests creating that 2+ or 3 hour posted wait time.

There is no point in being early without EE admission. You would just be waiting in a queue far away from London until public park entrance, then whatever the ride's posted wait time was already.

IMO, with no EE I'd shoot about 2 hours before park close to try and get into the Gringotts line, BEFORE they cut off the line to get in for the ride.

Good luck!

PS: I have heard from attendants manning the ride entrance, that single rider queue is usually about 90 mins when the ride is backed up. But with single rider you are always covered from the elements.

Thanks!
Though, there was something that seemed fun about going before the sun is up to the park, but if it doesn't make a difference.
So you're thinking even getting in at regular time, it's still likely the single rider is around 90+ minutes?

Maybe I'll just take advantage of the lack of lines at Transformers and Minions (both which I have yet to ride) and then trying to ride the train to IOA for FB for the 2nd time ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter