7/13/2016 Magic Copenhagen to Dover Geothermal Cruise

Name lvmccoy - Tosha
Family: (DH) Tirso and (DS) Jayson (7)
Home town
city: Kaiserslautern, Germany (currently)
Something about you: This will be our first 12 night cruise....I'm so excited!
How many DCL cruises: #8

Welcome to the group!!! The cruise is right around the corner!! :) :) You will love the longer cruise.....rest up it will be non stop. :)

Hello
Name lvmccoy - Tosha
Home town
Hello,
welcome to the group.
We are the fellow cruiser from Germany - from the beautiful city Düsseldorf.
You will love the 12 night cruise, it is our 3rd 12 night cruise and I would say the longer the better.
So only 54 days - we can be excited.

Name lvmccoy - Tosha
Home town

Welcome aboard!!!!!

Name lvmccoy - Tosha
Home town
Welcome Aboard! We are all meeting between 2:00-3:30- open for drop in whenever you can make it- at the promenade lounge to meet and greet one another. Is that correct DF?

A number of GTY rooms are being assigned numbers now.

What is Guarantee Status?

Guarantee Status means that when you book a particular category, Disney is not able to assign you a stateroom number at the time of booking. As you get closer to your sail date, Disney will assign you a room number. You can end up in anystateroom that is in the category you booked. However, at their discretion, Disney may upgrade you. It's not necessarily likely that you'll receive an upgrade - but it is possible.

If you try to book a stateroom and you want to be next to or near (or maybe, even - far away from) a particular stateroom, you may wish to book a the next highest category so you can confirm a particular stateroom number where you need it.

This is just like any other Disney Cruise Line booking. There's nothing special about; other than the fact that you won't know which particular stateroom you're in. All the normal deposit, change and cancellation policies will apply.

On some confirmations/documentation, you'll see this referred to as "GTY". That's an abbreviation for Guarantee status.

Guarantee status is similar to a room assignment. Suppose you book category 8A. You go to pick a room, and you must select "guarantee status". You would then talk about this as "category 8A, guarantee status".

What is IGT/OGT/VGT?

IGT/OGT/VGT is a special type of discount program. In return for some very strict cancellation/change policies, Disney will sell you a stateroom that is an Inside Stateroom (IGT), and Oceanview Stateroom (OGT) or a Verandah Stateroom (VGT). You can end up in ANY category on a particular ship that is within the those types of staterooms.

Categories for staterooms on the Wonder/Magic:
Inside (IGT): 10A, 10B, 10C, 11A, 11B, 11C
Oceanview (OGT): 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D
Verandah (VGT): 4A, 4B, 4E, 5A, 5B, 5C, 6A, 7A

Categories for staterooms on the Dream/Fantasy:
Inside (IGT): 10A, 11A, 11B, 11C
Oceanview (OGT): 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D
Verandah (VGT): 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D, 5E, 6A, 6B, 7A

IGT/OGT/VGT staterooms are not available on every sailing. If they're available for the sailing you're looking at, it will be the first option listed when you click on "Inside Staterooms", "Oceanview Staterooms" or "Staterooms with Verandah" on the Disney Cruise Line booking engine.

When you book one of these rooms, you can end up in ANY of the above listed categories that falls into the class you booked (Inside, Oceanview or Verandah). In exchange for the lower price, you give up not only knowing where your stateroom will be, but also which category it will be. Further, no changes are permitted to one of these booking. Payment is due, in full, at the time of booking. Once it's booked, THAT'S IT. No changes. No sail date changes. No passenger changes. No name changes. Nothing. It is also completely non-refundable. You will lose everything if you try to cancel one of these. Additionally, once you are assigned a stateroom, again - that's it. You have no recourse to change the room.

The only way one of these staterooms is similar to Guarantee Status is that you don't know where the room will be located.

IGT/OGT/VGT is a stateroom CATEGORY. If you book one of these, you refer to it as OGT, IGT or VGT. (Or, if you're speaking of them in general terms, people will sometimes say *GT or XGT)

There's a lot of posts on the board that confuse the two. If you're wondering when you'll get out of Guarantee Status and have a stateroom assignment, you can refer to "guarantee status", "guarantee", "gty" or "GTY" in your question or post.

If you're wondering when you'll get your stateroom assignment based on an IGT/OGT/VGT, reference it as IGT, OGT or VGT.

Well hello!

I have been keeping a watch on this thread for the last few days, as we were umming an ahhing whether to book. However, today I decided to go for it, so we are in!

Sorry we have missed the FE though.

Did I see the Stewarts on here? We are not stalking you - honest!

Will post our details later and catch up with the thread and gossip.

By the way, we spent four days in Iceland in October, so if you have any questions, let me know - I am a planner!

Kate

Well hello!

I have been keeping a watch on this thread for the last few days, as we were umming an ahhing whether to book. However, today I decided to go for it, so we are in!

By the way, we spent four days in Iceland in October, so if you have any questions, let me know - I am a planner!

Kate
Kate welcome, - we have an active cruise meets group, with 133 members, yes the Stewart's are with us, if you know them do get in contact with them.

Well hello!

Kate
Welcome aboard K8T will be great to see you again glad you're joining us onboard.

Well hello!

Kate
Welcome to the group

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter