55 Things To Know Before You Visit Disney World

My number 1 is: MANAGE EXPECTATIONS.

The planning can be very meticulous. The lead up to the trip is very exciting. Then, you get there and most things aren't what you drew them to be in your mind. Fantasyland isn't as magical, HM isn't as spooky, and Splash isn't as splashy. It'll never end up being what you think it is. Sometimes it's better than expected, sometimes worse, but it's NEVER the way you draw it up.

Back when there was Pleasure Island and night clubs, I was surprised to see the clubs practically empty. The Disney planning video promoted them to make it seem like they were packed with people dancing and having a good time. It was a real eye opener.

Overall a pretty good list of things to think about, but not rules to live by. Many of them I don't do but might suggest to someone else. And instead of "wear the right shoes" I tell people to not wear new shoes... break them in ahead of time and take several pair, so you can swap them out.

This list rocks. I love the Prep to Disney trip sometimes more than the trip .
I love this quote, and people reading this should take it into consideration.
"If your having a bad/horrible time in Disney. Its most likely your fault"

Back when there was Pleasure Island and night clubs, I was surprised to see the clubs practically empty. The Disney planning video promoted them to make it seem like they were packed with people dancing and having a good time. It was a real eye opener.
Exactly.

I've had the same thing with Boardwalk. It is supposed to be a happening place. Every time we are there, it is dead.

My biggest tips that haven't been mentioned:

Take some time to just appreciate being in the parks. People watch while taking a break. Explore a new path you haven't taken. Look for details. Slow down and look around, even if it's just for 5 minutes. Allow yourself to suspend reality for a second and believe that you really are in the middle of your favorite Disney movie or in France or in a jungle or on Main Street during the turn of the century. Allowing yourself to soak up the atmosphere will add to your experience.

Yes, yes, and yes. People ask why I love going so much. It's just the feeling of being there. Of looking up at the Castle and saying, "Dang, I'm at the Magic Kingdom."

And while not as exciting as exploring a new path, I'm always wondering which bath rooms haven't I been in. Gearing up for our 6th trip since 2009, and I know there are a few out there that I haven't used yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter