52-Week Money Challenge

Week 27 - $51
Week 28 - $31
Week 29 - $50
Week 30 - $47
Total = $714

I deposited an additional $196 from Ibotta, selling stuff on eBay, a check for a wellness visit, & challenges I do with myself (I pay myself for meeting daily exercise/weight/personal goals) into the account. My savings account currently has $950. I still haven’t decided what this savings will go towards.

I really want to give this a try!
I only have $10 saved so far for my trip in November. $500 would be great to save for that trip!

I haven’t added up my total but I am ahead of schedule in weeks and $ amount.. if had a $20 I would throw it in an cross off the $16 for example.. ( I never went in order/wanted to get some of the bigger ones done early in the year ) those extra few bucks will make the total that much bigger come the end of the year

Week 31 - $48
Week 32 - $46
Week 33 - $45
Week 34 - $43
Week 35 - $44
Week 36 - $36
Week 37 - $39
Week 38 - $38
Week 39 - $34
Total = $1087

For August, I deposited an additional $249 from Ibotta, Achievement, Ebates, selling stuff on eBay, & challenges I do with myself. For September, I deposited an additional $78 from Ibotta & personal challenges. This account now has $1651. I still haven’t decided what to use it for.

Week 31 - $48
Week 32 - $46
Week 33 - $45
Week 34 - $43
Week 35 - $44
Week 36 - $36
Week 37 - $39
Week 38 - $38
Week 39 - $34
Total = $1087

For August, I deposited an additional $249 from Ibotta, Achievement, Ebates, selling stuff on eBay, & challenges I do with myself. For September, I deposited an additional $78 from Ibotta & personal challenges. This account now has $1651. I still haven’t decided what to use it for.

You are doing awesome!!!

Week 31 - $48
Week 32 - $46
Week 33 - $45
Week 34 - $43
Week 35 - $44
Week 36 - $36
Week 37 - $39
Week 38 - $38
Week 39 - $34
Total = $1087

WTG!! you are doing great!!

Well with January 1st being on Tuesday this past January I used the beginning of the week for my deposit day (either Monday or Tuesday).. and I am happy to say I crossed of all 52 after today’s deposit... yes I am done 6 weeks early and with a total of $1435.. if had a couple extra bucks I would throw it in my envelope and obviously a few weeks I would deposit and cross off a couple.. I plan on putting in $20-$40 per week the rest of the year to bring up over $1600.. I think it helped I went in reverse for a while and got rid of the big ones early.. this is the first time I have done this and found it a fun way to have a little side stash saved along with regular savings accounts etc... good luck to anyone who stuck with it during the final stretch

I haven’t been posting weekly updates, but with 2019 coming to a close, I wanted to post my year end total - $921.16. I didn’t quite reach my goal, but I’m still super happy with this amount. I’ll be using the money towards our 2020 Disney trip.

I’m going to participate in this challenge again for 2020. Whatever I save until our August trip will go towards souvenirs and snacks.

It’s a challenge to save a certain amount of money each week - $1=week 1, $2=week 2, etc. If you follow through with the challenge, at the end of the 52 weeks you should have saved $1378.

This is interesting. My savings aren't really uniform other than my 401k deductions. The way I save is I keep a minimum of $10k in my checking. Anything above the $10k I put into my investment account at the end of each month. Some months I sweep more than others. What ends up happening is unexpected home repairs or trips eat into my excess. For example, I have a trip in February that will eat up about $2k. I will be saving less that month. I also need do some some tree removal and replace my water heater next year. Both will also eat into potential savings. I sweep my entire bonus into my investment account, and that occurs twice a year. Also, two months out of the year I receive an additional paycheck. I usually sweep one in my mortgage as an additional payment, and I use the other towards vacation expense. I'm paid 26x a year, but I budget based on 24x.

Week 40 - $37
Week 41 - $35
Week 42 - $33
Week 43 - $32
Week 44 - $29 + $14 (crossed off 2 amounts)
Week 45 - $28 + $16 (crossed off 2 amounts)
Week 46 - $27 + $17 (crossed off 2 amounts)
Week 47 - $23 (this was the last amount on the 52 week challenge)
Week 48 - $20
Week 49 - $20
Week 50 - $20
Week 51 - $20
Week 52 - $20
Total = $391

For October, I deposited an additional $63 from Ibotta & challenges I do with myself. For November, I deposited an additional $21 from Ebates & a rebate. This account now has $2353. We plan to use it to for my husband & I to see the Avett Brothers at Red Rocks in July 😊

Week 40 - $37
Week 41 - $35
Week 42 - $33
Week 43 - $32
Week 44 - $29 + $14 (crossed off 2 amounts)
Week 45 - $28 + $16 (crossed off 2 amounts)
Week 46 - $27 + $17 (crossed off 2 amounts)
Week 47 - $23 (this was the last amount on the 52 week challenge)
Week 48 - $20
Week 49 - $20
Week 50 - $20
Week 51 - $20
Week 52 - $20
Total = $391

For October, I deposited an additional $63 from Ibotta & challenges I do with myself. For November, I deposited an additional $21 from Ebates & a rebate. This account now has $2353. We plan to use it to for my husband & I to see the Avett Brothers at Red Rocks in July 😊

I forgot that my December paycheck included a $150 supplement for being grade level chair at my school. My vacation savings now has $2503.

For 2020, I plan to increase monthly contributions to my retirement account & my sons’ college accounts, and maintain monthly contributions to my car savings. I’ll continue contributing to my vacation savings with the 52 week savings challenge and other “bonus” money. I know many people like to deposit a set amount for their vacation savings, but I like challenging myself to see how much extra I can save above my goal 😊

I forgot that my December paycheck included a $150 supplement for being grade level chair at my school. My vacation savings now has $2503.

For 2020, I plan to increase monthly contributions to my retirement account & my sons’ college accounts, and maintain monthly contributions to my car savings. I’ll continue contributing to my vacation savings with the 52 week savings challenge and other “bonus” money. I know many people like to deposit a set amount for their vacation savings, but I like challenging myself to see how much extra I can save above my goal 😊

You did awesome! I’m sure you’ll do just as good, if not better, in 2020. Thanks for posting!

Last year we did 1 dollar a day per person... so $4 perday for us. We bought giftcards every friday for all kinds of things including green dot from the dollar tree. It was fun for the kids and kept us from spending it. This year has not been as easy so i replaced it with swagbucks and shopkick between the two we made $1400 that i used to pay for our Disney tickets this March. Im hoping that i get some great new ideas for this year..... following

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter