• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

503 errors plaguing the site?

I just switched to the chrome browser and so far I am really liking it and it has taken care of the 503 problem!

I was only have the problems for a little while and I'm still using Safari. Maybe one of the updates in recent weeks cleared it up? I haven't had the 503 error in a month. Try a Safari or Firefox update??

... What was curious was that in the last three days I *never* had a problem with the front page of any forum. It was only when reading threads or trying to send a message that I got the 503 errors. ...

The error seems to be something browser-related, which is odd since 503 is a server traffic error code. ...

I'm using safari and for the last 3 days I can barely load anything. this of course opened! ...

I'm noticing a lot of people on this thread are using firefox.
Take a look at this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2141220&highlight=503+firefox
Give chrome a try

I was only have the problems for a little while and I'm still using Safari. Maybe one of the updates in recent weeks cleared it up? I haven't had the 503 error in a month. Try a Safari or Firefox update??

Just started within the past half-hour for me. I am running an iMac with the latest Safari so it's not Firefox. Only seems to happen when I try to open a thread, not so much when I am viewing a forum and only happens on this site. I cleared some cookies but that hasn't seemed to help.

agnes!

Just brought up Firefox and for me the Safari is hanging up every. single. time. with the "503" message. The Firefox brings up every page and thread with no problems.

agnes!

I also, would prefer to keep using Firefox. I'm using Chromium (special version of Chrome with roboform) and it's working fine there, but my main browser is still Firefox.

Good luck tracking down the problems!

I also, would prefer to keep using Firefox. I'm using Chromium (special version of Chrome with roboform) and it's working fine there, but my main browser is still Firefox.

Good luck tracking down the problems!

Ugh, I'm on Firefox and have tried for the last hour today to access threads on the budget board and keep getting that 503 error. :confused3

This has been happening a lot to me the last couple of days and today it's been especially bad! I finally came here to see if anyone else has been getting this message! I can't look at anything on the restaurants board tonight! FRUSTRATING!

Bad again today. I really don't understand it. IE is working okay for me right now, but it hasn't on other occasions. I don't want to change browsers. None of my other favorite sites have a problem with Firefox.

Bad again today. I really don't understand it. IE is working okay for me right now, but it hasn't on other occasions. I don't want to change browsers. None of my other favorite sites have a problem with Firefox.

I'm with you. One shouldn't have to change browsers just to view a webpage, especially if the site hadn't had problems with the browser in the past...

Frustratingly (!) I can't get this error for myself, otherwise I'd see if I could diagnose the specific issue. Seems it might be down to some sort of faulty cookie usage/caching browser side.

For those having the issue, just humour me and try doing a full refresh on the page you are having issues with - Ctrl+F5. That should disable loading from cache, and may alleviate the problem.

Frustratingly (!) I can't get this error for myself, otherwise I'd see if I could diagnose the specific issue. Seems it might be down to some sort of faulty cookie usage/caching browser side.

For those having the issue, just humour me and try doing a full refresh on the page you are having issues with - Ctrl+F5. That should disable loading from cache, and may alleviate the problem.

Refresh didn't work in Firefox. I've also tried clearing my cache and restarting the browser, but it didn't help. I don't get the error with IE.

Do you have any Internet Accelerator style plugins/applications running? Still unable to get the error myself I'm afraid, running latest Firefox.

Do you have any Internet Accelerator style plugins/applications running? Still unable to get the error myself I'm afraid, running latest Firefox.

I'd be happy to answer the question if I knew what it meant :rotfl2: I don't know what an internet accelerator plugin or app is :confused3

Chances are you don't have anything like that installed then :)

New version of Firefox was released a few days back, updating might fix the issue.

Could you let me know what template you are using when this happens?
If you have a different template selected could you try swtiching to Default?
If you are having the issue could you go to the home page with the default template and see if that works?

Could you let me know what template you are using when this happens?
If you have a different template selected could you try swtiching to Default?
If you are having the issue could you go to the home page with the default template and see if that works?

I'm running the default template and still having 503 errors.

I'm running the default template and still having 503 errors.

Darn.. the problem with fixing this is I can't recreate it. Other vb forums have had the issue but nobody has ever posted a solution. Our logs don't show any errrors so it's pretty tough to diagnose.

I'm getting 503 a lot. Firefox. I'm getting it when I try to preview my post but if I go to submit it it works. I also get it when trying to go to the next page on a thread. I guess I'll go to IE until this gets fixed.

I'm getting it when I try to preview my post but if I go to submit it it works. I also get it when trying to go to the next page on a thread.

I have the same issues, only sometimes I get it when I try to open a thread. I can open some without getting the error and others give me the error. Also, I often can't go to "view first unread" or move on the the next page. The inconsistency is what's so baffling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter