5 Things Disney Cruise Line is Doing Right

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
In this episode of the DCL Show, the panel discusses five things Disney Cruise Line is getting right from their current pandemic plans to the entertainment and more!

1) Not being full
2) Having more small kid friendly options other than in kids club
3) Having Disney IP around ship
4) Classic style of ships
5) Quality of normal food

That is my list

We just got off a last minute Magic sailing we booked a week before. . The main thing that Disney does right is that it does the Covid screening at Port where as a passenger you don’t have to organize anything. (Exception for those kids who are not vaxxed. There’s an additional PCR requirement a few days before that you are required to pay for).

This was one of the main drivers that made us decide to book DCL versus royal. We could’ve gotten a super deal on Royal that would’ve been a fraction of DCL’s cost. But as international passengers flying in it would’ve been too much hassle and uncertainty of having to coordinate and pay for a Covid test ourselves.

I really hope as long as we are in this “current situation” Disney maintains their requirements and screening process. I honestly feel a Disney ship is the safest place to be among crowds in the US. Going into a mall, restaurant, theater Anywhere else doesn’t have the same screening process. Granted nothing is 100% but for me personally adding these different layers, including masking indoors, gives me a sense of safety where I am willing to cruise

Under 5s have to be vaccinated?

Probably not allowed. When they restarted with all vaxxed, literally only those of eligible age were allowed on board as long as they were vaccinated.

Under 5s have to be vaccinated?

Zero exceptions so if your child isn't in a test group and considered fully vaccinated then they can't board the ship.

They also don't require masks and were one of the first to require testing at port for anyone looking to board the ship.

Probably not allowed. When they restarted with all vaxxed, literally only those of eligible age were allowed on board as long as they were vaccinated.

I thought I read that RC was allowing unvaccinated kids (under 12 at the time?) but everyone else had to be vaccinated. Trying to keep all these requirements for different trips straight - and my head is spinning from the changes. Guess it doesn't matter what anything WAS because it probably no longer IS!

I thought I read that RC was allowing unvaccinated kids (under 12 at the time?) but everyone else had to be vaccinated. Trying to keep all these requirements for different trips straight - and my head is spinning from the changes. Guess it doesn't matter what anything WAS because it probably no longer IS!

IDK what RCCL was doing. The post you quoted was about NCL and they were strictly vaxxed only. Not old enough? Not allowed on board.

The "virtual" muster drill!
I agree 1000%. That’s significantly gave us more time that first day and less stress.
And I honestly like how they changed cabanas. They can keep the cafeteria style service and to be honest I didn’t miss anything from the Buffett that might have been there. It was actually nice dining without having to see the table next to us overload their plates and leave half sitting when they got up. Sometimes fellow passengers were just simply disgusting with their Buffett eating habits right next to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter