5 day ticket max is crazy!

superrach

Mouseketeer
My family is currently here in Anaheim having a blast. We have used 3 of our 5 day ticket. Today was non-park day but we actually have the rest of the evening free. We wanted to add a day just to go for the evening (we have 2 more full days ahead of us) and was shocked that we can’t add a day to it! That’s nuts Disney! Guess we’ll wait and go in the morning.

My family is currently here in Anaheim having a blast. We have used 3 of our 5 day ticket. Today was non-park day but we actually have the rest of the evening free. We wanted to add a day just to go for the evening (we have 2 more full days ahead of us) and was shocked that we can’t add a day to it! That’s nuts Disney! Guess we’ll wait and go in the morning.
Disney did away with 6 day plus tickets a few years ago now due to people selling remaining days on tickets.

They don't need that. They have a photo system that solved the problem. But of course they never went back to selling longer tickets.
You are quite right, which is shame. They are leaving money on the table which is unlike them. With all the improvements to DLR in recent years and the new photo system, they should really start thinking about 6-7 day tickets.

You are quite right, which is shame. They are leaving money on the table which is unlike them. With all the improvements to DLR in recent years and the new photo system, they should really start thinking about 6-7 day tickets.
I'm sure some accountant somewhere decided that X% of their guests maxed out spending by day 5 so they were better off kicking us out in favor of new guests. Which makes swallowing the unblocking of low cost APs even harder to swallow.

Smile ....your on Criminal camera !!!!! Anyhow, if you have not used the tram to the parking lot, that is a fun experience., plus exploration of the arts and crafts movement at the GCH.

Yes we could’ve eaten dinner there and bought at least 5 more churros!

Yes we could’ve eaten dinner there and bought at least 5 more churros!

Technically, you could have done that in DTD, too -- places to have dinner, both CS and TS, and a churro cart for dessert! And with the addition of a few more TS locations coming up soon, there will be more to do in DTD, so you won't be forced to buy a park ticket just to dine and get your churro fix. I realize that it isn't the same without rides, but it is a nice option for those who can't afford to add a day to their ticket.

Technically, you could have done that in DTD, too -- places to have dinner, both CS and TS, and a churro cart for dessert! And with the addition of a few more TS locations coming up soon, there will be more to do in DTD, so you won't be forced to buy a park ticket just to dine and get your churro fix. I realize that it isn't the same without rides, but it is a nice option for those who can't afford to add a day to their ticket.

Yes, we’re about to go back in that area for dinner. Think we’re going to bar hop the hotels. I know Trader Sam’s is cool. Any other bar foods or drinks we shouldn’t miss?

I miss those days as well! We always used to get 6 days. Now we do a day at the hotel pool and DTD. Although DTD isn't what it used to be since they started closing all the stores. You would think now that they do the pictures they'd bring back the longer tickets, but I think tarheelalum is right, they want you to buy an annual pass. Which is never happening with us.

Honestly, I think part of it is that Disneyland does not require more than 5 days. That's not to say most of us wouldn't like more, but it probably has to do with statistics on how many people spend 5+ days there without buying an AP. And honestly, their excuse is probably that you could always just buy a signature AP.

We come from New York so an annual pass is not sensible, but we'd like a full week of park days after traveling across the country!

Eh. I travel from WA and have had some years with an AP. I travel from WA to FL and have had some years with an AP for WDW and Universal. Just depends on your plans!

Yes, we’re about to go back in that area for dinner. Think we’re going to bar hop the hotels. I know Trader Sam’s is cool. Any other bar foods or drinks we shouldn’t miss?

We like the lounge and the bar at Napa Rose. You can order from the bar menu or the full menu at either. Nice, casual way to enjoy a relaxing meal and wine. The patio out back is a nice place to cool off in the evenings.

We like the lounge and the bar at Napa Rose. You can order from the bar menu or the full menu at either. Nice, casual way to enjoy a relaxing meal and wine. The patio out back is a nice place to cool off in the evenings.
Does Napa Rose have a dress code? I wanted to pop in the lounge for a drink and appetizer on our next visit. Do people dress up for the lounge, or is normal park attire acceptable? I've only ever gone to Hearthstone when at GCH.

I completely agree. I wish we could have 7 day tickets. We Usually come in the "off season" with 5 day park hoppers but we always wonder if it's better to go Mon-Fri so we have lower crowd levels or if we should go Tues-Sat so we have more than one opportunity for nighttime entertainment. We may never know....

I really like Disneyland, way more than WDW, but no way I could spend three full days there, let alone five.

But everyone does it differently!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter