5 day ticket max is crazy!

just back to orlando after a week and a half in the LA area, including 7 nights at the Grand Californian...like stated above, everyone does it different, but my family would have been in the park all 7 days. i understand wanting people to buy AP's and most feel like more than 5 days aren't necessary, but a length of stay ticket when staying on property should be available as an option.

oh well...we're already planning our next trip!

just back to orlando after a week and a half in the LA area, including 7 nights at the Grand Californian...like stated above, everyone does it different, but my family would have been in the park all 7 days. i understand wanting people to buy AP's and most feel like more than 5 days aren't necessary, but a length of stay ticket when staying on property should be available as an option.

oh well...we're already planning our next trip!

This sounds like us. We spent 7 nights at DLH. I would have bought a 7 day ticket if allowed. We always get length of stay tickets at WDW. We like to have a rest day, and then head to the park just for fireworks, night parade, etc. And DTD was the only letdown during our trip. Maybe because we walked through it each day to/from the parks.

You are quite right, which is shame. They are leaving money on the table which is unlike them. With all the improvements to DLR in recent years and the new photo system, they should really start thinking about 6-7 day tickets.

Yep, they are missing out on a lot of money. When we go, we stay on site, eat all meals on site, spend a boat load of money. Now, since we are not going to renew our passes and we will have to purchase tickets, we will go to Knotts, Universal, etc, instead of adding a day or two to our tickets, we'll just get a 2 or 3 day ticket instead. We will change hotels too instead of staying the whole time at Disneyland hotels.

Does Napa Rose have a dress code? I wanted to pop in the lounge for a drink and appetizer on our next visit. Do people dress up for the lounge, or is normal park attire acceptable? I've only ever gone to Hearthstone when at GCH.

There is no official dress code for NR. We see people there dressed up and in park casual attire. CMs have told us that they do appreciate it when guests clean up before dining -- that just makes it more pleasant for everyone and more enjoyable (after all, your meal is going to be more expensive, so you want to feel nice and enjoy it -- and no one wants to dine next to a party that smells sweaty). We've dined in the lounge, at the bar, and in the dining room in jeans and dressed up. The meals were fun every time.

Last edited:
We like the lounge and the bar at Napa Rose. You can order from the bar menu or the full menu at either. Nice, casual way to enjoy a relaxing meal and wine. The patio out back is a nice place to cool off in the evenings.

We ended our night at Napa Rose Lounge and it was awesome! Had a couple of drinks and some truffle Mac & cheese. Nice going there after Trader Sam’s. We went into Paradise Pier hotel but immediately left as we didn’t see much of a bar there.

We ended our night at Napa Rose Lounge and it was awesome! Had a couple of drinks and some truffle Mac & cheese. Nice going there after Trader Sam’s. We went into Paradise Pier hotel but immediately left as we didn’t see much of a bar there.

Glad you had a good time! Yes, the truffle mac'n'cheese at NR is delicious!

Add me into the groups that would have bought a 6 or 7 day ticket. It's a long plane ride. And now that we've been to Disneyland, I have absolutely no doubts we could happily spend 7 days between the 2 parks.

Another vote here for more days. We absolutely would have added days.
This is especially true when we get to Ca. late in the day and would like to have dinner in the parks and roam around for a while. Or even when we have to catch a plane mid-day. We would have like to spend one more morning there.

There is no official dress code for NR. We see people there dressed up and in park casual attire. CMs have told us that they do appreciate it when guests clean up before dining -- that just makes it more pleasant for everyone and more enjoyable (after all, your meal is going to be more expensive, so you want to feel nice and enjoy it -- and no one wants to dine next to a party that smells sweaty).
Thanks for the info, and for the morning chuckle. I agree that I would not want to dine next to a sweaty and smelly party, nor would I want to be that smelly person :P

I usually go to DLR for a week, and I can't stand being there and not be able to go into the parks every day (even if it's just for a few hours on arrival/departure days). But it makes no sense for me to buy APs since I may not go every year and the dates of travel usually require me to have one of the higher tier ones (I did do this one year when we knew we would be back again the following year). I would buy a 6 or 7 day pass if they were available; at least make them length of stay at the hote.

Question: How much more money does Disney make going from a 5 day ticket to a 6 day ticket? As they did in the past? Over all I think it is a drop in the bucket compared to what they get with people jumping to AP's or just going less and helping to reduced the people jams.

Jack

Question: How much more money does Disney make going from a 5 day ticket to a 6 day ticket? As they did in the past? Over all I think it is a drop in the bucket compared to what they get with people jumping to AP's or just going less and helping to reduced the people jams.

Jack
Well, if WDW is anything to go by - a five-day hopper there is $470, and a six-day is $480. So ten bucks per person.

Read an article, cant remember where when it comes to additional day, people are done spending and ready to leave. My opinion and being a share holder, they must have done the math and saw that people are not worth the extra pass day. Have to control the crowds otherwise I will not have a place to go to , to relax and remember Walt.

Jack

Read an article, cant remember where when it comes to additional day, people are done spending and ready to leave. My opinion and being a share holder, they must have done the math and saw that people are not worth the extra pass day. Have to control the crowds otherwise I will not have a place to go to , to relax and remember Walt.

Jack
It seems to make sense at WDW as they do offer extra days there at a steep incremental discount. Not sure why it would not at DLR but visitor mix is of course difference. The max ticket at WDW is 10 days. With the max at DLR being 5 days (and only two parks) maybe that explains things. :confused3

Its always about the dollars at Disneyland. People can buy multi, multi day tickets if they don't want to buy an AP but Disneyland's pricing structure shows they really want people to buy annual passes. They want you to feel obligated to return after your trip and spend more money. If you buy a 6 or 7 day pass you will not have that pressure to "get your monies worth" and return within 12 months and spend a lot more money.

Its always about the dollars at Disneyland. People can buy multi, multi day tickets if they don't want to buy an AP but Disneyland's pricing structure shows they really want people to buy annual passes. They want you to feel obligated to return after your trip and spend more money. If you buy a 6 or 7 day pass you will not have that pressure to "get your monies worth" and return within 12 months and spend a lot more money.

This is what I am doing this year, we have a 5 day park hopper and then we will be buying a 2 day one park per day ticket. I had thought about buying an AP but that's another $300 for two of us for the cheapest AP, and since we won't be able to back next year plus the risk of blackout dates, we are going with the multi multi day ticket route.

Along that note, if I use my 2 day one park per day ticket on arrival day (which is a Wednesday) and then want to use the other day on Friday can I use my park hopper on the Thursday in between? Or do I need to use one ticket in full first and then move onto the park hopper? I suppose it doesn't much matter if I am using paper tickets, but if I have them both scanned into my phone can I chose which one is used when?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!