4th of July!!!!

Sneezy -
We used to watch the fireworks from GF "beach" for the 4th after a dinner there. I understand that they now check resort ID's and you have a 3 hour max parking limit after your PS time to 'git.

The CR California Grill has a $150 per person private buffet that night - but that seems a bit out of our range.

We are a family of 4 with a little one - I'm not sure being in the MK is best - do we really want to wait for 2 hours to get transport out of the park after the fireworks are over. I'm at a loss for good suggestions - any other ideas, Kirk, anyone?

Almost time for PS's . . . :Pinkbounc

We'll probably do what we did last year - watch the Fireworks from the front of the park and beat the crowds to the buses or monorail. Last year we were able to watch the Fireworks at MK (9PM) and make it down to watch Epcot illuminations at 10 PM. But I hear they could change the times of the final show at MK to midnight if there are heavy crowds so we'll play it by ear.

I guess if we can't move out to the beach after eating at the Poly we will do one of 2 things. Go to the MK and stay close to the front of the park or stand in front of the parks about where security sets up and watch them then make a fast break for the buses.:(

when we were at the Polyn last year - there were alot of onsite guest that were not staying at the Polyn - so since you are spending money - I don't think you will have a problem.

I think the guard at the parking lot is turning away non-guest and since you have a reservation that is not likely to happen to you - just remember to have you cs# if the guard ask for it.

remember that the electric water pagen won't start until the fireworks are over - and then some - alot of the people have left the area before this started - so stay to see it - I think it was 10 minutes after the fireworks were over. that is if the fireworks are at 9:00pm.

Sneezy -

We just called the GF Customer Relations and the CM said that since we were eating at 1900 Park fare that evening, there would be no problem staying on-site to shop, stroll, visit and watch the fireworks over the lagoon. She did advise against trying to bring your car. Jean was very nice and said that she had never heard of CM's checking resort ID's during fireworks - Hurray! I'll be thinking of you over at the Poly beach!

About bringing your car to the Grand Floridian...

Be warned that this resort has the worst self-parking lot in all of WDW. Not only is it across the street from the resort, but half of it is cast parking. If you're going to drive a car to GF on July 4th, invest in valet parking. Better yet, don't bring the car at all.

Thanks all! I didn't think there would be a problem but it's always nice to know. This is the reason I like the disboards so much everyone trys to help everyone else.

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter