4th of July!!!!

Kirk

AKA Papa
I had so much fun last year at WDW during the 4th that I've made it a new tradition! I just made ressies at GS for June 29th thru July 10th. 5 nights at BCV then 2 at OKW and finally 4 nights at WLV. I figured it would be more relaxing toward the end of the trip in that order. I will technically be there with my DD and one of her friends but they seem to always ditch me about 10 minutes into the first park so I'll be pretty much on my own. If there's anyone in a semilar situation during that time frame let me know.

*sigh* I won't be there for the 4th. You don't mind the crowds? Aren't they pretty heavy then? Do the fireworks etc make up for more people?

Katholyn

Last 4th we spent the entire day in the MK because I had heard that they close it off because of crowds. They didn't but it was a little crowded, not bad though. We walked out to the front of the park just before the fireworks. The fireworks show was a 360 degree circle from behind the castle and out around the 7 seas lagoon! Awesome! Being in the front of the park we were able to jump the first bus down to the BCV where we watched the Epcot fireworks 60 min later. It was well worth the crowds IMHO!

It sounds great. I just may have to visit on the 4th someday :)

I am going solo 7/4-7/7, haven't picked a place yet, my short list
includes MOWC and grand cypress offsite, WL on site.

....but not until 2004!! I'm just starting to plan the basics now!
We'll be celebrating our 50th birthdays!! What better place to turn 50!!!! We plan on being there 1/7/04 to 1/11/04. We've never been to WDW in the summer or longer than 5 days,so this will be a whole new experience for us! We can't wait,only 520 days to go!

airhead

My hubby and I originally planned to be there in the first part of June 2003, but due to having to purchase a new car when our van DIED, we had to use the vacation fund for a down payment. But we have sceduled a trip for our 13th anniversary from June 27th thru July 5, 2004. That's 8 nights of Disney mayhem without our teenage kids.

We've only been once before (with the kids) in 2001, and while it was fun, and I'm glad we waited for the kids to get a little older before we went....I can't wait to go with just Hubby and me. Like a second honeymoon. And I can't think of anyplace I'd rather spend that time with him than at WDW!!

Airhead- maybe we'll see you there? Hubby turns 50 this November!

Okay last year we (me, my niece and her friend) stayed at the Polyn for July 4 - arrived on the July 3 and left on the July 7 - the 3rd - 5th were great - weather was cool for that season - but that last day the weather turn normal - the kids were fine but I haven't even been so hot and humid - how do you survior the heat in the summer time?

the fireworks at the MK was worth it - we went to the Epcot first - then saw the fireworks on the beach at the Polyn - then after the fireworks and the electric water pagent went to the MK - have a great night and a great time.

I am going in March this year - to celebrate my birthday -

you should also try - around Halloween for MNOSHP and the early part of December for MVMCP - both are great shows - cost extra - but the fireworks are like the 4th.

I'm working on it - it's a 4-day weekend for me again. If I get good discounts for room and flight I'll be there. Did MGM last year. The park was spectacularly uncrowded during the day; I think that is because it rained, but it might be because everyone else was at MK. Had dinner with some friends at Brown Derby and hung around for the fireworks behind the big hat. Only the fireworks show and its aftermath were crowded, but I didn't have much trouble getting on a bus to DD afterward. My friends and I waited around and chatted until the crowds passed. I'd probably go to Epcot this year, staying out of MK. I ended the night at the Adventurers Club as usual, and I'd do that again, of course, catching a bus from the Beach Club after Epcot fireworks. PI has an extended fireworks show too, and I saw it twice.

Steve P, lolatuck, TDCNala,

Please stay in touch as it gets closer to the 4th. It would be nice to see all of you there! Has anyone tried a boat/fireworks view cruise on the 4th? Any interest on pitching in for such a thing?

spiceycat,

October is a great time but I like it more for the Food & Wine Fest at Epcot. Been there Spring Break (Never again!) and Thanksgiving but never tried to brave the crowds on X-mas.

MNSSHP.jpg

Originally posted by Kirk

. Been there Spring Break (Never again!)
MNSSHP.jpg
Oh, Oh! Why not spring break? Is it very crowded? Since you're also from Texas, I'm guessing your idea of "spring break" time is similar to mine. I read somewhere recently that although WDW is busy at spring break, it's nowhere as busy as summer, so I was thinking of spring break next year. Was I, perhaps, mislead?

I've heard that only Christmas is more crowded. I was there the year they opened Test Track at Epcot. There was a 3 hour wait from the time they opened until about 30 min prior to the fireworks then it was ~60. We waited 90 to 120 min each for all the Mountains in MK. We were there for 10 days and didn't have time to see it all. Never again! I think!:)

Kirk, keep this thread updated and it is possible I might pitch in for a fireworks cruise if enough people get signed up that it won't cost an arm and a leg. Epcot or MK fireworks views would be good. I'd be actually arriving on the 4th so I could possibly have trouble with flight delays.

Both these cruises are in good areas to access a bus to Downtown Disney after fireworks! I like that, too.

I believe it is close to time to make some ressies so if you are interested in a Fireworks cruise please reply with a number in your party. If there's enough interest I'll look into ressies over the next few days!

Party of 3 here!

Originally posted by TDC Nala
Kirk, keep this thread updated and it is possible I might pitch in for a fireworks cruise if enough people get signed up that it won't cost an arm and a leg. Epcot or MK fireworks views would be good. I'd be actually arriving on the 4th so I could possibly have trouble with flight delays.

Both these cruises are in good areas to access a bus to Downtown Disney after fireworks! I like that, too.

Well forget the FW cruise at MK!! Today was the first day to make ressies (90 days out). I just got a hair so called to get a ressie. They had one left but for that show they changed the price to from $120 for up to 12 people to $350 for the first 4 people and an additional $50/person above that. To top that off on the 4th and only on the 4th they stay in Bay Lake over by the Contemporary and never enter 7 Seas Lagoon. The Fireworks on the 4th are 360° from behind the Castle out around 7 Seas Lagoon so Bay Lake is NOT the best place to be IMHO. Told them to forget it! I'll do the same thing I did last year and watch them from inside the park.
:mad:

I'm moving to Florida on 6-8, and hope to be around on July 4th. On the Theme Park Attractions and Strategy board, there is a request for a DIS meet on July 4th by Zakatak. Otherwise, I'd be willing to meet up with others. My first 4th in Florida at the House of Mouse sounds like fun.

I now know I'm not going anywhere NEAR the MK on July 4! My plane doesn't even land until noon on July 4, so I think I'm going to stick with Epcot - I'm staying at the Swan so I can just walk over there. And it's easier to get to Pleasure Island afterward!

My 17 yr old son and myself are there from June 28th till July 10th. We are planning on having dinner at 'Ohanna's and then moving to the beach to watch the fireworks. I don't want to fight the crowd to try to be inside the park.

We have watched the Christmas fireworks from the beach and they are wonderful. This will be our first 4th at Disney.

Kirk can you give me an idea of what the parks are like early in the day. My son is a pin trader and he plans on doing a 4 park run for pins early that morning.:confused:

sneezy1956,

Last year I saw quite a few doing the same thing your son has planned because each park has a special 4th pin:) I don't remember hearing any nightmare stories about getting around. I did hear that they were trying to discourage people that were staying elsewhere from hanging on the Poly beach. I don't know if they were successful:confused:

We'll be there from the 29th through the 11th. Me and 2 16 YO girls. Maybe we should share a meal during that time?

Sounds like a plan. We are at the CBR for the duration. Wes likes having access to Water sprites and I didn't want to cut the time to stay at the Poly.

I don't have my schedule at work I know on the 3rd we are at the Backstage Magic Tour and the 4th is pin hunting but can't remember much else :)

Who knows Wes might like having 2 pretty girls to run around with :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter