4 Parks in 3 Days!! EPCOT w/F&W & MK w/MNSSHP~1880 pics so far! DHS almost complete!

We headed right towards Rock-n-Roller Coaster to see if we could get a FP. As we headed that direction we saw these Skit Actors.

Tower of Terror

Rock-n-Roller Coaster.

Unfortunately, all FP's had been distributed and the wait time was 90 minutes, so we decided to find something different to do and check back later to see if the stand by line was shorter.

Carthay Circle......I recognize this building....but DCA's holds a very nice restaurant inside.

More of the Skit Actors.

The famous Mickey Sorcerer's Hat.

50's Prime Time Cafe....we will be back here for our dinner.

The Academy of TV Arts & Science Hall of Fame.

Walt's Bust.

We headed to the Great Movie Ride.

Props & Such from Movies.

Ride Vehicles.

Our Tour Guide.

Singin' in the Rain.......

Mary Poppins!

More Great Movie Ride to come in future posts.

Yay so glad to see more of your report. I don't know WHY I never get updates in my email and I realize you hadn't posted anything in awhile so glad you let us know. I LOVE Animal kingdom. Love the beauty of it and love EE. The studios is def our LEAST fave because it just doesn't seem to have a whole lot. I prefer the DL version of Fantasmic and I have seen the Beauty and the Beast Show as well as Indiana Jones so other than ToT RNR and the Great Movie Ride we certainly could do that one in less than a day but we usually allot 1 day to each of those. And you are right since I had been to the studios going back to 02 I agree DCA def looks like a carbon copy. I have been there 4 times and funny I never even noticed that they had a carthay circle LOL.

Will enjoy reading the rest of your report and I am sure I will have some questions about magic bands and photopass plus for our trip in Nov.

Yay so glad to see more of your report. I don't know WHY I never get updates in my email and I realize you hadn't posted anything in awhile so glad you let us know. I LOVE Animal kingdom. Love the beauty of it and love EE. The studios is def our LEAST fave because it just doesn't seem to have a whole lot. I prefer the DL version of Fantasmic and I have seen the Beauty and the Beast Show as well as Indiana Jones so other than ToT RNR and the Great Movie Ride we certainly could do that one in less than a day but we usually allot 1 day to each of those. And you are right since I had been to the studios going back to 02 I agree DCA def looks like a carbon copy. I have been there 4 times and funny I never even noticed that they had a carthay circle LOL.

Will enjoy reading the rest of your report and I am sure I will have some questions about magic bands and photopass plus for our trip in Nov.

DHS wasn't my favorite park...... Our time was short and we rushed thru but for a "look" it just didn't have the Disney Magic like the other parks.

Continuing our ride on the Great Movie Ride.

We enter into Mobster Movies.

We're held up.......

Time for some westerns~~Clint Eastwood & John Wayne.

Indiana Jones

Jane from Tarzan.

"Here's looking at you kid"~~Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

Now we have moved on to the land of Oz!

At the end of the trip, a slide show of famous movies is shown before he get off.

The ride is a tad cheesy, but it was still fun to go back and look at some of the old movies and travel through them...sometimes, being a part of the action.

These are pictures as we wandered around.

ABC Commissary:

The Chew billboard (love this show!):

Christmas lights are already strung up for the Osborne Family Lights. Sure wish we could have seen those!!

Gift shop.

Fountain.

Coca-Cola Snack Cart:

We decided to do the Backlot Tour next. These were taken as we waited in line.

Some props from Pirates of the Caribbean movies:

Pearl Harbor props:

Back to pirates....

They announced that you would need to allow, I believe 45 minutes to experience the show & tour. We checked the time and wouldn't have enough time to do that before our early dinner reservation. So we got out of line and hopefully will make it back to do after dinner.

We got up to the Pixar area & Toy Story Midway Mania and saw the Green Army Men.

Barrel of Monkeys!

Mr. Spell.

Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow sign....we didn't do this...but couldn't resist getting a picture of this. I just love the Pirate movies!

Pixar Studios.

You didn't miss anything on the backlot tour in my opinion. THe one at universal is WAY better and even it isn't as good as it used to be. We did one at Warner Bros a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Univ has turned into so much of a theme park that a lot of the movie backlot stuff is gone and there is hardly any at DHS in my opinion. There is less now then there was when we went in 02 cuz they got rid of a lot of it when they built the car show (Lights Motors Action).

You didn't miss anything on the backlot tour in my opinion. THe one at universal is WAY better and even it isn't as good as it used to be. We did one at Warner Bros a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Univ has turned into so much of a theme park that a lot of the movie backlot stuff is gone and there is hardly any at DHS in my opinion. There is less now then there was when we went in 02 cuz they got rid of a lot of it when they built the car show (Lights Motors Action).

We didn't get to the tour at that point.....we do get to it after dinner. I didn't mind it....but I didn't see it before the stunt show was put in. We didn't get to that show because the times didn't match when we got there & our dinner ADR.

Our next stop was at the Walt Disney's One Man's Dream exhibit/film. Lots of really neat memorabilia and things from Walt's life. These were from inside the building.

A few more from the One Man's Dream exhibit.

Hey....I recognize this park!! lol

After looking around, you go in a watch a short film on Walt's life.

The Magic of Disney Animation Sign.

Hollywood Studios Sign.

Time for our midday lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe.

These are of the lobby & bar area.

We were led to our table and of course told of a few of the rules.....like no elbows on the table, no phones, etc. So happy we got one of the tables with the tv. I had seen photos of the inside of the restaurant and thought how fun it would be to sit at one of these!!

This is the decor from the section we were sitting in as well as pics from different areas in the restaurant.

Derek got the Peanut Butter Shake.

More decor & TV.

Derek got the Pot Roast, I got the Meatloaf & Mike got the Fish of the Day. Delicious!!

Derek got Dad's Sundae, I got the Smores and Mike got the Boston Creme Parfait. Oh my goodness......I'm a sucker for smores......YUM!

We really enjoyed our meal here and the waiter/waitress can make or break your whole experience. Our's was kinda a stick in the mud.....he tried, but wasn't over the top....but the waiter taking care of the large table in our section was a HOOT! He interacted with us more than our own.....he was so funny and made our meal time a lot of fun!

As we left from the 50's Prime Time Cafe and headed back towards the Backlot Tour, Mike took these pics along the way.

Wandering back by Toy Story Midway Mania.

In one of the gift shops down by the Backlot Tour.

As we looked around the gift shop, Mike noticed that Mike & Sulley were out. They actually are at the exit of the Backlot Tour. I'm glad Mike got these pics since they were gone when we exited the tour.

We got back in line for Backlot Tour. I believe these are from Pearl Harbor (the movie).

We are led out to the live action set, where you stand & watch a little show. 3 audience members are used in the 2 scenes.

The first volunteer getting her last minute instructions.

S*P*L*A*S*H!!

The other 2 volunteers getting ready.

.....and ACTION!!

After the show, you walk thru a warehouse of props.

You get on a waiting tram to take you thru the back lot area.

Water Tower.

Mickey.

Assorted vehicles from different shows/movies.

The costuming department.

Misc.

Assorted Vehicles from different shows/movies:

It's Herbie, the Love Bug!

Walt's plane.

We pulled up to Catastrophe Canyon, that includes action, fire & water.

We made sure Mike was on the "wet side" of the tram.....lol Derek & I tucked tight to the right side of our bench seat & let Mike take on the water...... :rotfl2:

A few of the pumps that made Catastrophe Canyon run.

Continuing on in the back lot area.

Finishing off the Backlot Tour.

Lights, Motors, Action~~I wish this would have worked into our schedule, but we missed the first show (not in the park yet) and the 2nd one conflicted with our meal reservation.

You get off the tram and walk thru the AFI 100 years, 100 movies display.

Carol Burnett's dress from their Gone with the Wind skit.....love her!!

Westside Story....probably one of my favorite theatrical musicals.

Sound of Music Marionettes & Julie Andrews Dress. Love, love, love Julie Andrews and would love to meet her!!

AFI Lifetime Achievement Awards.

Titanic, the movie.

Newspaper from the movie~~Chicago and Renee Zellwinger's dress.

The Great & Powerful Oz.

Walt & Mickey.

I'm a bit late on the band wagon, but following along.

I am really happy you finally got to go to WDW:thumbsup2

Thank you!! I will try and get back on this.......my girls got over the norovirus about 2 weeks ago & now the twins have pneumonia......so a little behind in everything!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter