4 Parks in 3 Days!! EPCOT w/F&W & MK w/MNSSHP~1880 pics so far! DHS almost complete!

DizNee Luver

Luver of all things Disney!
WELCOME!!

As you gathered from my title, this was a quick trip but with lots of pictures taken. This was also our first trip to WDW. It was AMAZING and we accomplished and saw SOOOOOOO MUCH!!

A little back story: We live in Oregon and Disneyland is our "home away from home". We are a Disney family!! My hubby & I have been married almost 30 years and we have 7 kids. The three grown boys I gave birth to, but the 4 younger ones we adopted after they came to our home as foster children. My kids ages range from twin 6 yr olds to a 28 yr old. Our 12 yr old son & 8 yr old daughter have some issues with A.D.D. and anxiety and the twin daughters are mentally delayed, autistic and one of them has other medical issues as well.

Our 24 yr old son is on his 2nd go around with the Disney College Program and is driving the boats in Downtown Disney and Port Orleans. Our oldest son just got married & Derek wasn't able to get the time off to join us.......so we decided we would go see him! So my hubby & I took a quick trip to visit him & WDW. We unfortunately weren't able to bring our kids with us, but checking out how everything at WDW works before taking our special needs twins was a good idea. Lots of things to learn~~Magical Express, Disney Transport, Dining Plan, etc.

If you'd like to read more about us & our pre-planning.....check out my Pre Trip Report: HERE!!

So if you like seeing pictures and getting meal reviews and our take on things.....then sit back & relax and stick around for this first timers trip to WDW!!!

INDEX:

Portland, OR & SW Flight across America: Post #7
Orlando, FL & Disney Magical Express: Post #12
On the DME, Quick Stop at Coronado Springs, All Star Sports: Post #23
All Star Sports~Football & Baseball Section: Post #24
All Star Sports~Inside our Room. DTD & Earl of Sandwich: Post #25
Downtown Disney: Post #47
EPCOT Monorail Loop: Post #48
Monorail Resort Loop~Poly/Grand & MK: Post #50
Monorail Resort Loop~Contemporary & back to EPCOT: Post #52
EPCOT~Spaceship Earth: Post #63
EPCOT~Spaceship Earth & The Seas: Post #65
EPCOT~The Land & Living with the Land: Post #66 & #68
EPCOT~Club Cool, Cranberry Bog & World Showcase: Post #95
EPCOT~Food & Wine~~Terra, Brazil & Argentina: Post #97
EPCOT~Food & Wine~~Australia & Mexico, Mexico Pyramid: Post #102
EPCOT~Mexico Pyramid & Gran Fiesta Tour: Post #103
EPCOT~Donald, Food & Wine~~Singapore, Norway: Post #106
EPCOT~Norway's Maelstrom: Post #116
EPCOT~China, Food & Wine~~China & South Korea: Post #117
EPCOT~Africa, Food & Wine~~Africa, Cheese, Brewer's Collection & Germany: Post #118
EPCOT~Germany & Karamelle-Kuche: Post #119
EPCOT~Germany, Sommerfest QS, Mini Train Set: Post #128
EPCOT~Food & Wine~~Poland & Italy: Post #129
EPCOT~Italy: Post #135
EPCOT~American, American Adventure Building: Post #137
EPCOT~American Adventure Show: Post #139 & #140
EPCOT~Food & Wine~~Espresso Coffee, Hops & Barley & Florida, Japan Area: Post #153
EPCOT~Japan Area, Food & Wine~~Japan & Morocco: Post #154
EPCOT~Morocco, Food & Wine~~New Zealand: Post #155
EPCOT~Food & Wine~~Belgium & France, France Area: Post #156
EPCOT~United Kingdom, Food & Wine~~Ireland: Post #157
EPCOT~Canada: Post #161
EPCOT~Canada, Food & Wine~~Canada, Greece, Desserts & Champagne and Hawaii: Post #163
EPCOT~Food & Wine~~Scotland & Craft Beers, Food & Wine Passport: Post #164
EPCOT~Circle of Life, Imagination Building, Journey into Imagination with Figment: Post #167
EPCOT~Character Spot & Test Track: Post #169
EPCOT~Mission Space, Future World: Post #175
EPCOT~IllumiNations: Post #176, 177, 178
EPCOT~IllumiNations, Future World, All Star Music Food Court: Post #179
EPCOT~PhotoPass Pictures from EPCOT: Post #180
MK~Entry & Main Street: Post #190
MK~Main Street & Cinderella's Castle: Post #191 & 192
MK~Fantasyland Buildings, Cinderella's Royal Table: Post #195
MK~Inside Cinderella's Royal Table~~the food, decor & princesses: Post #196, 197 & 198
MK~Fantasyland, Liberty Square: Post #204
MK~Liberty Square, Haunted Mansion: Post #205
MK~Haunted Mansion: Post #206 & 207
MK~Tangled Area: Post #210
MK~Liberty Square: Post #211
MK~Liberty Square & Hall of Presidents: Post #212
MK~Frontierland, Splash Mt & BTMRR: Post #221, 223, 225
MK~Country Bear Jamboree: Post #226, 227
MK~Fantasyland, Mickey's PhilharMagic & Mine Train Construction: Post #237, 238
MK~Tomorrowland & People Mover: Post #241, 242
MK~Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor & Castle: Post #243
MK~Be Our Guest Restaurant: Post #248, 250, 252
MK~Splash Mountain: Post #257, 258
MK~Splash Mountain, Adventureland: Post #259
MK~Castle, Seven Dwarf's, Main Street Pumpkins, Castle Villain's Show Projections: Post #266, 267, 268
MK~Boo to You Parade: Post #275, 276, 277
MK~HalloWishes Fireworks: Post #278
MK~Assorted MNSSHP Pics: Post #279
MK~PhotoPass Photos from MK: Post #280
AK~Entry, Expedition Everest: Post #288, 289
AK~Tree of Life, Pangani Forest Exploration Trail: Post #294
AK~Tusker House: Post #295
AK~Tusker House, Kilimanjaro Safari: Post #298, 299, 300
AK~Kilimanjaro Safari: Post #301, 302
AK~Festival of the Lion King: Post #314, 315
AK~Festival of the Lion King: Post #316, 317, 318
AK~Photopass Pictures: Post #319
DHS~Entry & Assorted: Post #320, 321
DHS~The Great Movie Ride: Post #322, 325, 326
DHS~Assorted, Backlot Queue, Pixar area: Post #327, 328
DHS~Walt Disney's One Man's Dream: Post #331
DHS~Walt Disney's One Man's Dream, 50's Prime Time Cafe: Post #332
DHS~50's Prime Time Cafe: Post #333
DHS~Misc.: Post #334
DHS~Backlot Tour: Post #335, 336, 337, 338

:wave2: Hi Stacie!! I hope you got to head home soon after seeing you......my anxiety would have been through the roof! :sad2:

We ended up delayed for 5 hours. Finally took off at 5:16pm. We landed around 8pm. Got luggage after 8:30, car by 9 and home by 10... long day!!

Hope your trip home was much less eventful!

Can't wait to read all about your trip.

3800 pictures...WOW! How will you ever choose which ones to post!

Our adventure started on Monday, October 7th. We left our home and headed north towards Portland Oregon. We made a quick stop at the Disney Outlet Store in Woodburn to pick up a few Disney Gift Cards. Then on to Portland to stay at the Comfort Inn on 102nd & Sandy Blvd. We were doing a Park & Stay package so we could leave our car & be shuttled to & from the airport. We checked in & then went to find some dinner. After eating at Red Robin, we came back to our room, watched a little tv & then called it a day (an early night). This was from our room.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The area the motel is located was a little shady (next time I might spend the extra to put us on airport row). Only one "chain" restaurant within walking distance and a few not so nice looking ones nearby. So we drove down to airport row. Our window in our room looked right into a rundown trailer park....so we were a little concerned with our car sitting in the lot but it was fine. The price was low and it beat dealing with parking at the airport. I wouldn't suggest staying here for a family vacation.

We were up at 3:30am to catch our 4:15am shuttle to the airport. This is a free service offered by the motel. We were dropped off and given instructions on what to do when we returned. We headed to Southwest's curbside service to check our 4 bags. After checking our bags, we headed inside to go thru the dreaded security lines. I have anxiety and if I ever got picked for a pat down, I probably wouldn't be getting on a plane after that. We made it thru with no issues and headed to our gate....stopping to pick up a few items to take on the plane.

I had a friend that was also flying out that morning & she ended up being just a few gates away.....so she came down and chatted with us for a few minutes. We loaded the plane in the A grouping (totally worth it to pay the extra fee for pre-check in for me) and were on our way towards Chicago.

Here are a few pics from middle America (I kinda wish they would point out things).

Coming into Chicago.....can you see thru all the haze?

We arrived at the Midway Airport in Chicago to do a connecting flight.

We got dropped of in the "C" gates and had to connect in the "A" gates.....I think we were at the extremes of each one (or close).......

Our flight got delayed about 30 minutes.

We grabbed a little lunch while we waited.

We finally loaded the plane & while we were sitting at the gate, we looked out & saw our luggage being loaded.....lol (the red & blue suitcases)

***little side note on the suitcases~~we loaded two of the suitcases with Nalley's Chili and a couple tubs of jam that seem to be a NW thing and Derek was craving. We figured those 2 suitcases would be pulled aside to be checked and we were right.....when we got to Orlando, we found the tags inside saying they had been inspected.....lol You have to wonder what the TSA agents thought when they opened it up to find jam & chili!! :rotfl2:

The clouds on our way where a sight to see. In areas it looked like snow and then we could see (and were told) storm clouds. Got a little bumpy in spots but not too bad.....and for me to handle any turbulence and not be a wreck is saying something!! (or it might have been the Xanax I took for the flight)

That's all for this post.....next post will be Orlando!!

We ended up delayed for 5 hours. Finally took off at 5:16pm. We landed around 8pm. Got luggage after 8:30, car by 9 and home by 10... long day!!

Hope your trip home was much less eventful!

It was.....just very long!! We loaded just before 4pm. Our long day was over 20 hrs!

Can't wait to read all about your trip.

3800 pictures...WOW! How will you ever choose which ones to post!

The ones that aren't blurry!!! lol :lmao: Mike took a ton and with dark rides you take 10 to hopefully get 1 maybe 2 if you're lucky!! There will still be a picture overload in this report!

LOL about the chili and Jam!

Yikes your 20 hour day makes our 13 hours of travel seem like a breeze! I guess we were awake for 18 hrs in total but not traveling the whole time thankfully!

Looking forward to hearing more!

LOL about the chili and Jam!

Yikes your 20 hour day makes our 13 hours of travel seem like a breeze! I guess we were awake for 18 hrs in total but not traveling the whole time thankfully!

Looking forward to hearing more!

The 20 hrs wasn't all travel either.....just from wake up to bed. I did learn that not doing a connecting flight was a bad idea.

The 20 hrs wasn't all travel either.....just from wake up to bed. I did learn that not doing a connecting flight was a bad idea.

I always do non-stop to FL but for us it's just a 3 hr flight. When we used to go to CA a lot we'd prefer the stop over.

As we continue to fly across the country.......we start coming into Orlando.

You come off your plane and head towards the monorails to take you to the main terminal. That was kinda fun!

We exit and enter the massive lobby......wow! I always thought our airport was big!! There's a hotel that surrounds the lobby...... (I wouldn't be interested in staying in all that chaos.....but I guess if you travel a lot and just need a place for a night....I guess it would work!)

We headed to Side B, Level 1 to find Disney's Magical Express. We just kept walking & walking & walking and finally found it at the far end.....past all the rental car counters.

I got to use my MagicBand for the first time for checking in and bypassing the counter.

We headed thru the queing line for All Star Sports.

Our bus was sitting there waiting.....so we got on & found our seats.

They have monitors that they show a Disney video on while you travel down the road.

We were on our way......tried to catch a pic of the back of the bus next to us.....a tad blurry!

Next post.....entering Walt Disney World property!!

I always do non-stop to FL but for us it's just a 3 hr flight. When we used to go to CA a lot we'd prefer the stop over.

3-5 hrs is ok.....but any longer is just too long to be cramped into a small space......get a little stir crazy too!

YAY, you started :cool1:

The hotel room looks nice, shame it was in shady area

The clouds looked gorgeous in your pics

We call that monorail in orlando airport, the Fake-O-Rail , love that thing :rotfl:

Can't wait to try out those magic bands :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

YAY, you started :cool1:

The hotel room looks nice, shame it was in shady area

The clouds looked gorgeous in your pics

We call that monorail in orlando airport, the Fake-O-Rail , love that thing :rotfl:

Can't wait to try out those magic bands :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

It was kinda a creepy area, but the rooms were nice and comfy.

Those clouds were really awesome looking.....I enjoyed looking at them on our flight!

:rotfl2: Fake-O-Rail.......love it!!

MagicBands worked pretty good. We didn't have any issues with ours but they are still having problems with the system. We didn't have a lot loaded on ours.....so that's why it worked ok.

Yay! Joining! Excited to relive a bit of our trip. Seems like so long ago for us already. I do remember that long walk to the ME though. Seemed like forever!

Love all the photos so far! Excited to see more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter