4/5/2003 - anyone going?

Anyone else book through Dreams? One more family to book we get a free gift in our stateroom!! That would be really neat! Looking forward to the cruise and a free gift!! Anyone else going Apirl 5, 2003?? Jump right in!!
Kendall, Thanks!! My daughter will love it...
180 more days to go!!!!!

wenpop - my DD wrote a quick email to your DD this morning.

nuthut - I see you are in Hastings, MI - we are in Williamston (only about 1 hour from you)!

one more family through DU - that may be possible!

wenpop....only 180 days!!!! I hadn't started counting yet. Now I'm getting really excited. This time of the year usually goes pretty fast with Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I've been putting away my summer clothes etc. and keeping out the things I want to take on the cruise in a separate drawer. Is anyone else doing that or am I just pushing things. I guess I really am getting excited!

I will need to get the countdown clock under my signature so I can keep track! Is there any way of putting the countdown clock on the computer screen when not on disboards?

I just called DCL (Castaway Club#) to give them the new expiration date on my Disney Club card for onboard credit ($50.00) and while I had them on the phone I asked what the remaining availability was. The CM told me that throughout the ship it looked like they only had 30 - 40 rooms available. He said it would probably be a sold out cruise. I think I counted 5 familys so far... is there anyone else?

Hi April 5th cruisers - we are on board the Magic this week! We found a great last minute deal and really needed a family break so we decided to go for it. Anyway we're having a great time and are still looking forward to a great spring break on 4/5/03...

You are so lucky!! I hope you have a great time!!! We are going to Disney in a few weeks!!! Let us know how it goes!!!!

Goofydadeo - You were so lucky to get to go now and then in the spring! That would be a dream come true. Anything new on the ship to report?

We're doing the April 6th Wonder...to bad I'll miss being with you other Georgians! This will be our second Wonder cruise and DH, DS(16) and I are more excited than the first time!

zbuddy in Augusta

:Pinkbounc Hi April 5th cruisiers ! We are getting very excited ! We have had a mild winter so far in VA, but we are sure looking forward to some warmer weather. Any recommendations on Eastern Excursions with a five and eight year old?
Wenpop, My DS5 can't stop talking about your DS and how he can't wait to meet him because he likes Pokeman and Rescue Heroes! How did your Christmas trip go?
90 days and counting. Yeah!!!

zbuddy sorry we'll miss you - it being Spring Break in Atlanta I think that's why several of us Georgians are on this sailing. Let us know how you like the Wonder - we've always done the Magic but constantly keep thinking about a 3-4 day escape on the Wonder!

Good to hear from you again Hersh! On our first trip to St. Thomas we did the Island Tour and Coral World. Our kids were a bit younger than yours, DS7 and DD3. They loved Coral World (it's like a marine zoo). On our most recent visit we went to Trunk Bay (on our own) and snorkeled. There is an underwater trail and National Park lifeguard which made it reasonable with small kids (Castaway Cay is even better for kids snorkeling although the marine life is more colorful at Trunk Bay). In St. Maarten we have gone to Orient Bay two times and loved it (Kakao Beach Club is excellent). Both times we did it on our own as well (with a rental jeep). We can't wait to go again - it's sooo relaxing... the first two days at sea are wonderful... and the kids love the clubs (so do we! HaHa!).

Now for the prices to drop to get us to Orlando. Usually from MI we can get air for about $150 - so far no luck. I'm hoping the next round of price wars opens up some possibilities here.... We plan on flying down the day before. Anyone else?

And hey, I notice there are 8 DU families sailing, so we qualify as a "group"!

Goofydadeo - we are thinking about St. Johns this time around - we did Coral World/Coki beach on our own also on our last cruise. Tell us more about Kakao Beach Club on St. M too. How does jeep rental compare to taxi? We did the Golden Eagle catamaran - kids loved that one. We may do it again, not sure. DS wants to kayak - we'll see.

Happy New Year all!

Hey, how about an update everyone? How are the plans coming along?

We just booked our airfare this week - Detroit-Orlando for $161.50/person!

Now we are looking at the rental car/town car options...

I noticed at the DU site that there are only 6 DU families traveling now....

Kendall,
Please tell us about your experience on the Golden Eagle Catamaran and Coki Beach and Coral World. Our kids are 8 and 5, will they be afraid on the catamaran ? We are also considering the 5 star St. John adventure. We may just end up doing things on our own too !
We have our reservations at the Radisson the night before as we are driving down from VA. We are leaving our car at the hotel.

Hersh

Kendall,
Please tell us about your experience on the Golden Eagle Catamaran and Coki Beach and Coral World. Our kids are 8 and 5, will they be afraid on the catamaran ? We are also considering the 5 star St. John adventure. We may just end up doing things on our own too !
We have our reservations at the Radisson the night before as we are driving down from VA. We are leaving our car at the hotel.

Hersh

Hi Hersh!

Golden Eagle: Our sea was quite calm that day. On our first cruise the kids were 8 and 10, and both loved the catamaran ride. It is a large catamaran, with room to sit on the front netting and get wet from the splashing waves - this was a big hit. Kids enjoyed watching the crew handle the boat, too. Snorkel equipment was in excellent condition, and we snorkled right off the catamaran. Kids also swam from the catamaran to the beach at the island we sailed to (there is a small boat available to take you to the beach as well). I understand that if the seas are rough, the catamaran ride may be wetter and wilder than what we experienced. Nice crew, great excursion. Both my kids would love to do this excursion again, but we are going to go to Anguilla instead. Will your kids be afraid of the catamaran? My 10 year old wasn't, my 8 year old quickly became enthralled with riding up front. There are also ample places to ride off the netting, both up front and inside the catamaran. I imagine as long as the seas are relatively smooth, your kids will be fine unless they are simply afraid of boats.

Coral World/Coki Beach: we did this on our own, no problem, and definitely less expensive than Disney, and less rushed. Plenty of taxis available when you get off the beach to take you. We packed our lunch from the previous evening's buffet and took our cooler and day bags with swim suits and towels. We went to Coral World first because there are lockers available there. Coral World's website is [url]http://www.coralworldvi.com/[/URL] there was a discount coupon on their website - it is still there in the "events" area. I see it expired in 2002, but just email their marketing office and I'm sure there will be a new coupon for 2003. We stored our gear in lockers at Coral World, and then enjoyed the exhibits - your kids will probably like this if they like fish. At Coral World there is also the opportunity to SNUBA - check their website - we didn't snuba, but other DISers who have enjoyed the experience. I also see Coral World has added many activities/excursions - they may be worthwhile checking out. After lunch we went to the locker rooms in Coral World and changed into our swimsuits for the afternoon - Coki Beach is literally steps away from the front gate of Coral World. We spent the afternoon at the beach (crowded, small beach), and then returned to Coral World to shower, change and head back to the ship. Taxis were in abundance at Coral World and Coki - the taxi that takes you there will want to pick you up too - but don't fret if you decide to stay later as there were many taxis available. Many people rave about Coki - unfortunately the day we were there the water was murky from a storm, and the snorkeling was not good. The beach was crowded during the afternoon, but we found room, no problem. The locker rooms and showers at Coral World were very convenient for the day! This trip we are considering going to St. Johns.

Happy planning!

Kendall,
Thanks for the fast reply! We still have a little time to think it over. All of your suggetions were really great. Its nice to get an opinion from someone who has actually been there!

Hersh

Count us in for April 5! We're taking a family vacation to celebrate my in-laws' 40th anniversary. There will be 12 of us, and none have been on a cruise before.

Can't wait! These boards are fabulous for getting an idea of what we can expect!

--Jennifer

Hi Jennifer - welcome to the thread! Glad you will be joining us - sounds like a neat way to celebrate the big family event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter