365 Days of Mousercise! (Comments & Motivators Welcome!)

Nanabug02

DIS Veteran
Hi! Welcome to my journal! My name is Nan, and I have decided to commit to 365 days of exercise. (MOUSERCISE!) :earsgirl: I will be logging each day into my journal. My plan is to measure my progress (physically, mentally & emotionally) over the course of 1 year.

Any type exercise counts (walking, biking, swimming, exercise DVDs, strength training, etc.), as long as I get up off the couch and do AT LEAST 5 minutes a day. Obviously, I'm trying to work up to doing a lot more than that per day, but the main goal is to consciously do some amount of exercise every day. I am trying to teach myself to incorporate exercise into my daily lifestyle. I want exercise to be a consistent, daily habit that I do the same as brushing my teeth every day. :teeth:

Okay, so just a quick summary of my back story, starting point, and the goals I'm working towards.

I am 32 years old, happily married :love:, with no children. I have struggled with my weight since puberty. About 2 years ago, I was finally diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), which explained numerous health issues I was having, including infertility and difficulty losing weight. I was also diagnosed as Hypothyroid, which is common for women with PCOS. I have been told by numerous doctors that I won't be able to lose weight without following Atkins, or having weight loss surgery. I do not personally agree with either of those options, so I've been struggling & steadily gaining weight the last several years.

I have now decided that I WILL lose this weight and live a healthier lifestyle. I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago, and now need to focus on exercise.

I am starting at 304 lbs. with a very beginner level of fitness. Currently, I get out of breath getting dressed, walking to my car & even walking around the office sometimes. My knees often hurt & my ankles swell a lot. I am to the point where I don't enjoy our Disney vacations as much because I physically can't do a lot, and I have to stop & rest constantly. I also can't fly in economy anymore, because I can't fit in the seat comfortably. We have been buying first class tickets... I really want to be able to fit in the economy seats again. The cost of first class is keeping me from going on trips.

So, this is where I am starting my journey. I know it will take a long time to reach my ultimate goals, so I am focusing on being in better shape before our next trip to WDW. I will look back on this post and be PROUD of what I have accomplished, because I was consistent and didn't give up! :goodvibes

If you are still reading, thank you! I welcome all motivators and pixie dust!

Nan :flower3:

Day 1

Today, I decided to walk for my daily exercise. It was raining when I got home, so I jumped on the treadmill. I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes at about 2 mph. That appears to be my limit for now, but I'm very proud of myself for starting out strong.

:banana:

Crackers! I posted this in the wrong forum! Can a moderator please move this into the WISH journals sub-forum? Thanks!

Day 1

Today, I decided to walk for my daily exercise. It was raining when I got home, so I jumped on the treadmill. I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes at about 2 mph. That appears to be my limit for now, but I'm very proud of myself for starting out strong.

:banana:

That is a great first day! I cant wait to read more of your updates!

~Amanda

Day 2

Well, today was crazy busy! Thursdays are going to be tough to fit in a lot of exercise, due to my Weight Watchers meeting after work. But, I did fit in 10 minutes of walking today. I walked on my afternoon break at work. :)

Day 2

Well, today was crazy busy! Thursdays are going to be tough to fit in a lot of exercise, due to my Weight Watchers meeting after work. But, I did fit in 10 minutes of walking today. I walked on my afternoon break at work. :)

That's great! Every little bit counts. Too many people think "I don't have 30 minutes or an hour to workout why bother". Even one minute is better than 0.

Day 3

Daily exercise = check! Today at work, we had a Teambuilding event, which was held at a community park a few blocks away from our building. There is a walking path to walk over to the park. Quite a few people drove their cars to the park for the event. I decided to get my exercise in for the day, so I walked there! Total of 20 minutes of walking (10 mins there, 10 mins back). Another co-worker joined me on my walk, so it wasn't so bad. :goodvibes

I was very proud of myself for walking to the event. Normally, I would have chosen to drive there.......but not today! :banana:

Super job!

Have you thought about joining the June Exercise Challenge? It's a super fun, no pressure way to keep track of your minutes. I find it motivates me--love to see my name change colors!

Another fun thing is the biggest loser challenge. The people are terrific and it's fun to see all the different healthy suggestions people have.

Keep up the good work!! You are worth it and you can do it! :cheer2:

Hi, Nan! This challenge is AWESOME! I am a 30 yr old single woman, recently diagnosed with PCOS as well. I have had weight issues (and weight loss issues which probably sucks more than ANY of this stuff) skin problems (HATE THIS PART!!!!) hormonal imbalance, you name it! My highest weight was 325. I've been cutting back the processed junk, focusing on healthy proteins, healthy fats, and lower carb options and it does work! I'm down to 288 as of today as a result. :banana: Tried the new WW at the start of the year and just couldn't get my body acclimated to it. When it comes down to it I believe I was making the wrong choices.

PLEASEEEE don't let THAT discourage you! I know some fabulous women who have come VERY far with WW no matter the plan! It's about learning YOUR body, YOUR metabolism and doing what is best for your life!

I'll be here when I can to check in and keep you encouraged as well as myself! :woohoo:

Super job!

Have you thought about joining the June Exercise Challenge? It's a super fun, no pressure way to keep track of your minutes. I find it motivates me--love to see my name change colors!

Another fun thing is the biggest loser challenge. The people are terrific and it's fun to see all the different healthy suggestions people have.

Keep up the good work!! You are worth it and you can do it! :cheer2:

Thanks Linda! I'll keep the challenges in mind for later. For right now, its enough for me to keep track of this journal! :upsidedow Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hi, Nan! This challenge is AWESOME! I am a 30 yr old single woman, recently diagnosed with PCOS as well. I have had weight issues (and weight loss issues which probably sucks more than ANY of this stuff) skin problems (HATE THIS PART!!!!) hormonal imbalance, you name it! My highest weight was 325. I've been cutting back the processed junk, focusing on healthy proteins, healthy fats, and lower carb options and it does work! I'm down to 288 as of today as a result. :banana: Tried the new WW at the start of the year and just couldn't get my body acclimated to it. When it comes down to it I believe I was making the wrong choices.

PLEASEEEE don't let THAT discourage you! I know some fabulous women who have come VERY far with WW no matter the plan! It's about learning YOUR body, YOUR metabolism and doing what is best for your life!

I'll be here when I can to check in and keep you encouraged as well as myself! :woohoo:

Hi! Its great to see another PCOS girl around here. We have to stick together!

Congrats on your amazing weight loss!!! :banana: I know how hard it is, so you are an inspiration!

Don't worry, your post doesn't discourage me at all. I'm very aware that if you are only counting points on WW, then you won't lose weight (if you have PCOS). I'm making an effort to use my points for less processed foods, and focusing on fruits/veggies/good carbs/lean proteins. One of my main reasons for WW, is that I need the weekly weigh-in and accountability. Also, my Mom is going with me. She doesn't have PCOS, but does have weight issues. So, we are going to our weekly WW meetings together, and that support helps me a lot.

Years ago, I lost a significant amount of weight on WW, only to quit going and gain it all back (and much more). I remember from then, that I lost VERY slowly compared to everyone else in the meeting. Also, I didn't really start making progress until I started exercising consistently. Strength training also helps, because it helps with insulin resistance. In a few weeks, once I'm back in a habit of daily exercise, I'm going to add some strength training to my week.

Hope to see you around! :goodvibes

Day 4

I got up early this morning and checked off my exercise for the day. I went over to the school across the street from my house, and walked for 25 minutes. There are a lot of nice walking paths over there, which made it more enjoyable. I also listened to some music while I was walking. Its great how much music can pep you up! :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Day 5

Well today was one of those days that I was not feeling like exercising. I only managed to do 5 minutes on my exercise bike. No good reason, just feeling kind of blah.....

Day 6

It's just another Manic Monday....

Busy, busy day! But, I did manage to fit in 20 minutes on my treadmill after work today. Yay me! :banana:

Day 6

It's just another Manic Monday....

Busy, busy day! But, I did manage to fit in 20 minutes on my treadmill after work today. Yay me! :banana:

You go Nanabug!!!!!! :cool1: Keep it up! I'll be posting right along with you after I return next week! :banana::banana::banana:

Day 7

It was raining cats and dogs outside when I got home from work today, so I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes. :cool1:

Its a good thing that I have already started a good fitness routine, because today we booked a trip to WDW for the week of Thanksgiving! We had no plans to go, but DH's family is going, and invited us. So, looks like I have less than 6 months now to get in better shape! I think I can definitely be feeling better and have more stamina by then.

I'll have to change my ticker!

Day 8

A little disappointed in myself. I did not exercise the last two days. I just got busy and let it slide. :sad2:

So, this morning I got up and did my exercise first thing. I even pushed myself a little more than I have been. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill! I didn't even think I could go that long, but I did! :banana:

Making progress!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter