3 nights/3 different resorts

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
I am planning on 3 nights in Dec and right now I have 3 different resorts reserved just checking out different places. I am sort of double thinking this. Check out is 11:00 and check in is 4:00. What to do in between this time? My main focus on the trip is to attend the Candlelight Processional and to check out the Christmas décor so 1 day EPCOT ticket is probably all we will buy as far as park tickets. This time is a no kids trip so just 2 adults for a relaxing trip although not sure how much relaxing will get done moving resorts everyday. Keep my plan or change to just 1 resort?

Are you ok with being without a room so long each day? Especially on a trip with only one park day?

Maybe if you explained your reasoning behind the frequent moves, we could better advise you. I wouldn’t want to move that much, but maybe you have plans that make 3 hotels in three nights make more sense.

I understand your desire to maximize getting to know other resorts. For me, I don't even mind living out of a suitcase for a few days - it would be the lack of a room for several hours a day that would be the problem. You could store your bag I suppose with Bell Services but then you have to go back to that resort to retrieve it. Although, now that I type that I wonder if you could get it transferred.

If it were me, I'd pick one and plant for the 3 days. Then take time out to visit - if you don't have a car the Minnie vans are always raved about. It's a relatively inexpensive way to get from one resort to another.

Yes it did sound like a good idea just to explore different resorts but I am now also thinking not relaxing and I have no idea what we would do in between time. Pretty much I guess anywhere you go the first day is pretty much wasted by the time you fly and get into your hotel. The problem now is availability for the same resort.

If you have a rental car, it sounds like it wouldn't really be a problem. I don't think repacking is that big of a deal if you aren't rope dropping a park. If you're wanting to use resort amenities like the pools, make sure to take some little string bags or something to use while you're in between rooms and/of rooms not ready yet.

However, if it were me and I could swing it, I'd spend three days at the Poly :)

I sure wouldn't want to move every day. Last month we stayed 8 nights at POR and 2 at POP. I got a huge savings on airfare leaving on Sat rather than Thurs. POR was not available with a discount for the 2 extra nights, so we moved to POP. We had to leave the room at POR by 11. The kids went to a water park and I spent the afternoon at DS for some alone time. :teeth: I left to check into our room at POP around 3pm. Room was not ready until after 5 pm and our luggage wasn't brought in until closer to 6. So while it was OK to be a bit inconvenienced once on a 10 day trip.....I wouldn't want to deal with that every day or any day of my short trip.

I am planning on 3 nights in Dec and right now I have 3 different resorts reserved just checking out different places. I am sort of double thinking this. Check out is 11:00 and check in is 4:00. What to do in between this time? My main focus on the trip is to attend the Candlelight Processional and to check out the Christmas décor so 1 day EPCOT ticket is probably all we will buy as far as park tickets. This time is a no kids trip so just 2 adults for a relaxing trip although not sure how much relaxing will get done moving resorts everyday. Keep my plan or change to just 1 resort?

Oh my, not relaxing at all.
Pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack ....
If you want to relax ... pick ONE!
Pick one that you want to spend your resort time at.

I once did 4 resorts in 9 days and it was awful.

We did 3 resorts within 4 nights, but everything except check-in day was club level so we had a lounge to hang out in if our room wasn’t ready early. It worked out fine for my husband and I, but we also got our room ready texts before 9am one morning and around 1:30pm the other switch day. I probably wouldn’t switch around that much again, but it was fun this time around.

We did it during NYE, just DH and I. Regular resort stays, not CL
Night 1, CR, to walk to MK for 30th
Night 2, BWI, to walk to Epcot for 31st
Night 3, through 5 actually, POFQ, to save money since the 30th and 31st were non-discounted rates at high value
I always plan to be in the parks from check out from resort 1 to resort 2 so who cares if we have no room from 11:00 to 3:00? Easy to plan full park days

Yes it did sound like a good idea just to explore different resorts but I am now also thinking not relaxing and I have no idea what we would do in between time. Pretty much I guess anywhere you go the first day is pretty much wasted by the time you fly and get into your hotel. The problem now is availability for the same resort.
I love to explore new resorts! But you can still stay at one resort for 3 nights and do that.

I would pick a resort that is grouped with others but stay put in one. For example stay at Beach Club but visit Yacht, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk or pick one of the monorail resorts and visit the others on the line. I equate staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge is like spending an afternoon in AK park with the animal viewing and the gift shop.

Do what works best for you. Personally, we only change hotels when we move to a different city.

That sounds awful to me. I'd rather not go if I had to check in and out for one night each.

I don't like changing resorts during a stay ever (even though I've had to do so a couple times).

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. This has also been my re-thinking also. Here is where I am booked SSR, GF, Poly. That's another problem I could not get into an EPCOT resort. So would you choose all nights at GF or Poly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter